Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading. Please note the A/N just after the summary inside the chapter.

Thanks,
spuf
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA




Chapter 22: ‘We Need A Plan!’

Summary; Spike wakes up and finds his wife gone. Giles is drunk, again, and not much help to the frantic vampire…..maybe that is.
Buffy finds help in an unusual place.


A/N: This story is finally winding down. Now, I have a favor to ask the readers: If you have any ideas about the final showdown between Spike, the Aurileous, Buffy and the Wu Tang Clan? Please E me and let me know what you think? I need some battle ideas, desperately. The rest of the plot is pretty well written, but I need some battle plan help.

Thanks, spuf


Chapter 22:








Spike woke up from his troubled sleep to find his son, James, pulling at his shoulder.

“Daddy, Daddy,” James whimpered fearfully, “where’s Mummy, where did she go?”

Before his son could ask him again, Spike bolted up from the bed and scoured the room for his missing bride. He realized, instantly, that James was right; Buffy was gone, at least from their bedroom.

As he leapt from the bed and glared at the clock, Spike noted that it was only 2:35 PM in the afternoon. The vampire’s unbeating heart nearly kicked into an unfamiliar cadence as he pulled on his black jeans and grabbed his son into his arms. Without a thought, Spike raced down the stairs of the Summers’ home. He stumbled over to the couch and into Rupert Giles. Spike could tell the man had been crying of all things.

“She’s gone, Spike,” Giles mumbled in horror, taking a sip from a whisky glass. “I came out here, an hour ago; found her gone and…” Rupert appeared to be in a daze and Spike realized he’d get no help from the bumbling old fool.

“Where?” Spike rasped, his throat closing up with fear. Although he really didn’t have to ask, since he realized that Buffy purposely lulled everyone into a false sense of safety. The minute they had all fallen asleep, finally, his wife took off to find the Wu Tang Clan and that bulkhead, Riley Finn.

“To find ‘them’ I suppose,” Giles muttered in a muddled haze. “She’s gone to find the Clan of Riley,” he finished with a shudder. “Buffy is the most extraordinary girl, really,” Rupert continued in a monotone voice. “She’s quite the toughest little Slayer that ever…”

“Shut the fuck up!” Spike spat angrily, clutching James closer to him. “We all know what a great slayer my Buffy is! Why can’t you bloody stupid fucks at the Council…”

“Daddy, please,” James whimpered again, “doesn’t talk to Uncle Giles that way. He’s sorry that Mummy is gone, so please don’t yell at him.” The poor little child gazed at his father, fearfully.

“I know poppet,” Spike murmured, ashamed at himself for scaring his only child even more. “I promise,” he added thoughtfully, “I’m not mad at Uncle Rupes, honest.”

“We have to find her,” Spike muttered, sick with fear. “We have to find her, Giles,” he repeated huskily.

“Yes, we do,” Giles replied, mechanically. “I’ll call Xander,” he sighed heavily, “send him over to your father’s lair. The Godfather will want to know what’s going on and how he can help,” the older Brit nodded to himself. Giles stood up and hurried to the Summers' phone.

“Is Mummy going to be okay?” James asked in a tearful voice, his little chin quivered in fear.

“Of course,” Spike whispered, pressing his forehead into James smaller one. “I’d never let anything bad happen to your mum, James,” he promised his child, trying not to let the boy see the terror in his own blue eyes.


Across town, Buffy Summers stormed into Willie’s Bar, a slayer with a purpose. When she entered the bar, at approximately 2:35 PM, she noted that it was pretty full, even for that time of day.

There were three or four Truak demons at the bar and a couple of Dagon devils at a small table nearby. The rest of the tables were taken up by various vampires and demons. Buffy ignored the looks of the patrons and headed straight for the bar and to the owner, Willie the Snitch.

“Come here, Willie,” Buffy spat with authority, reaching over the bar and grabbing onto Willie’s messy shirt. “We need to chat, buddy,” she growled as she pulled the demon up and over the bar to face her.

“Come on, Slayer,” Willie whined in his nasally voice. “I’m not doin’ nothin’ wrong and…”

“Shut the fuck up!” Buffy roared, pulling her right arm back and making a fist. “I’ll break every rotten bone in your rotten body, Willie, if you don’t start talking. You do know where Riley’s lair is. Don’t you?”

Willie stared in wide-eyed horror at the scary slayer. He truly had ‘no’ idea where the fucking lair of the Wu Tang was. If he had any idea, he would have told Spike, at least, days ago.

“No, Slayer, I swear to Satan himself. I’ve no idea where the Wu Tang Clan’s lair is. I…..” Willie found it hard to speak since Buffy was virtually cutting off his air supply. She had her left hand securely about his neck and was squeezing it, slowly. Unlike vampire demons, Willie the Snitch had to breathe to survive.

“Buffy!” A high-pitched squeal came from behind her and Buffy loosened her grip on Willie’s worthless neck.

“Willie doesn’t know where the Wu Tang is, but I do,” the voice finished nervously.

Buffy dropped Willie and turned to find Andrew, her old one-time friend, standing behind her. The guy, make that fledgling vampire, looked as if he had a hundred stakes pointed at him.

“I know where the Clan is,” Andrew repeated, licking his dry lips, anxiously.

“This better not be a trick, Andy,” Buffy hissed, now approaching the slight vampire. “If you’re fucking with me? I’ll…..”

“No trick, Slayer,” Andrew stated trying to be quite brave in the face of his extinction. “I know Riley turned me, but I feel no allegiance to him or his make believe clan. My loyalty lies with William the Bloody, and you. I swear it. I can’t stand what Riley’s doing; it goes against all of demon society. He won’t even respect the mark of your mate, a master vampire, and that I cannot tolerate or accept.”

Andrew stared at Buffy with pleading pale eyes and she just knew he was being forthright. Well, forthright for a fledgling vampire that is.

“Riley has your sister and William’s little brother, at the lair,” Andrew added soberly. “He’s…”

Buffy threw up her hand to halt the boy vampire’s nervous ramblings. “Enough,” she growled firmly. “Take me to the lair,” she ordered in her most menacing tone.

“Of course,” Andrew nodded eagerly. “It’s a cave, by the ocean,” he explained quickly. “I’ll lead you to the right cave and…”

“Not so fast, vampire,” Lorne stepped out from behind the bar and tossed his apron on the floor. “I’m going with you. My loyalty is to William the Bloody and his mate, also; and to the Clan of Aurileous. Besides,” he smirked slightly, “I’ve got $5,000.00 bucks on the Aurileous Clan and I’ll be damned, again, if I’m going to let the Wu Tang take control. Let’s rock and roll,” the tall green demon ordered evenly.

Willie watched as Buffy the Slayer; Lorne the whatever kind of demon he was and Andrew the wanna’ be vampire strode out of his bar. The minute they had left, Willie picked up his phone and dialed information for Sunnydale, California.

“Summers,” Willie muttered into the phone in a hurried manner. “J and B Summers, on Revello Drive,” he finished in a rough, frightened tone.


“You’ve got to find a way for me to get out, into the daylight, Rupert,” Spike was mumbling wildly. He had nearly paced a huge path in the expensive rug that Joyce had in her living room. Giles, unfortunately was almost three sheets to the wind by this time and was of little use to the master vampire.

“Yes,” Rupert slurred, “we need a cape of steel, eh Spike?” Giles found this unusually funny and he began to laugh maniacally about his silly joke.

“Too bad Clark Kent aka Superman isn’t here, eh, Spikey?” Rupert giraffe loudly, taking another swig of his drink. “His only problem is Kryptonite and there’s no bloody Kryptonite on this planet, eh vampire? Hey, maybe Kentperman could fly you to where ever Buffy is and…”

“You’re beginning to worry me, mate,” Spike spat, eyeing the human warily. “You need to put that fucking glass down and start thinking, man,” he finished curtly.

“I know,” Giles whimpered softly, “I’m a fucking foolish, useless old man. I’m not really a bona-fide watcher anymore, did you know that?”

“Look, Rupes,” Spike groaned, “we don’t have time for a pity party here. My wife is off trying to take on a master vampire and his entire clan, okay? Willie just rung us and he knows where everyone is headed! We need a ‘plan’ man!”

“Right,” Giles stood up, his chest puffed out like an alpha male. “A plan,” he roared loudly, carefully glancing about to make sure that Joyce had taken little James upstairs.

“Right, a plan,” Spike replied, still looking at the old man as if he’d grown two heads.

“This calls for my old mate, Ethan Rayne!” Giles’ broke out into a wide, happy grin at the mention of his old friend from the University.

“Rayne?” Spike asked warily. “Where’ve I heard that name before,” he asked Giles carefully.

“Ethan Rayne, Warlock Extraordinary,” Giles slurred gleefully, reaching for the phone again. “He was my college buddy; my mentor when I was Ripper and…..well, let’s not talk about that, shall we?” Rupert giggled like a school girl and Spike felt truly sick.

“He just happens to be in LA, you know?” Rupert winked at Spike and began to punch the phone number into the pad. “The man is a miracle worker, really,” the ex-watcher muttered, trying hard not to mis-punch the number. “He can morph up here in a minute and cook up, oh, sorry old man,” Giles sighed in apology at his wording. “Ethan can find a way for ‘you’ to travel in daylight, without frying that is. If anyone can that is,” Rupert added with another cockeyed wink at the blond vampire.

“Oh bloody hell,” Spike groaned again, his fear factor was growing by the minute.

‘Buffy, my beloved mate,’ he moaned in mental and physical pain, ‘what the hell have you done?’ The vampire felt his unbeating heart begin to shatter into a thousand pieces.


A/N: Short chapter, sorry. I needed to get this going again because I want to get this wrapped up in the year 2005! I have another story I want to start, soon, and I won’t until this is finished and maybe AMOM.

The next chapter will find us as the ‘cave’ of the Wu Tang Clan and a slap down between Buffy and Riley. Who will survive???

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.