Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the next to the last chapter.
Thank you for reading and reviewing.
LA COSA NOSTRA


Summary: Buffy’s plan pans out, kind of. Spike and a surprise teleporting hitch-hiker show up in the cave. What will happen? Please read and find out!


Chapter 25: ‘The Show!’


Buffy slipped into the dank cave, blinking her green eyes at least three times to acclimate to the deep darkness. The first ‘thing’ she saw was Riley Finn standing in the darkness, a smug grin on his once handsome face.

“Welcome home baby,” Riley purred seductively as he slithered closer to Buffy.

“Now, let’s get something straight, Riley,” Buffy countered coolly, her right hand held up as if to stop him from nearing.

“I never said that I considered this dump my home. I only came here to save my sister, Connor and prevent an all out gang turf war.
Kapish?” Buffy crossed her arms in front of her chest and took on her best stance of intimidation.

“Right,” Riley hissed in reply, his grin had vanished on his mouth to be replaced by a scowl.

“But, I don’t mind taking you as a condition of surrender from the Aurileous,” he chuckled heartily. “Makes no diff to me, as long as I end up with you.”

‘Dear Jesus,’ Buffy groaned to herself as she tried not to roll her eyes. She desperately tried to remember who acting lessons from Drama Class in high school. ‘I guess I’ll have to get closer to the fuck, just to get a stake into his heart?’

“I also never claimed that the Aurileous were surrendering ‘anything’ much less me.” Buffy continued evenly. “This whole thing was my idea and my idea only, Riley. Godfather Marcus, William and Angel; hell the whole ‘family’ would march into hell to fight your bunch of losers. So don’t get cocky, understand?” She immediately regretted her choice of words.

“Oh, I’ll get cocky all right, baby,” Riley spat harshly. “With you that is,” he added in that wicked, raspy tone that Buffy had come to detest.

Buffy tried not to shudder in disgust at Riley’s sexual innuendo towards her. A sickening vision of Riley naked came into her mind and she forced herself not to throw up.

‘Oh, it won’t even come close to that, Riley old pal,’ Buffy reassured herself with determination. ‘I’ll stake myself before I’d let ‘you’ touch me.’

“I will make you ‘my’ queen first, of course,” Riley stated loudly; for Buffy’s benefit and his nearby minions. “No half-assed claim by Spike Aurileous is going to stand in the way of my having you, Buffy. You were meant to be my mate and I’m sure you’ll realize that as soon as……”

‘Half-assed!’ Buffy gasped silently, her true feelings of loyalty nearly came out, full force. ‘Half-assed claim, my own ass!’ She kept from screaming this as loud as she could.

“If this is your way of proposing to me Riley? Can it. We both know why I’m here and it isn’t because I’m in love with you. Like I said, this idea was mine. The idea of losing my ‘family’ in any form, to a turf war is not my idea of real fun time. So…..” Buffy uncrossed her arms and discreetly checked the hidden stake that she had tucked into the back of her panties.

‘Yup, still there,’ Buffy nearly chuckled at the reassuring thought. ‘Now, if moron there is just too egotistical or stupid anyway, to check for stakes in ‘that’ place then…..’

Her thoughts were interrupted by the nearby appearance of Graham, who was looking less then thrilled to see Buffy.

“Travers is chained up, Riley,” the minion grunted. “Took two of us to hold him; he put up quite a fight. I hope you know what you’re doing here, boss,” he added roughly as he looked at Buffy with contempt.

“Buffy’s clever, even if she doesn’t look it and…..” Graham could not finish his sentence as Riley had grabbed him by his throat and began to squeeze.

“No one speaks poorly about ‘my’ future mate,” Riley hissed at Graham.

Buffy could tell that Riley really was pissed, but she said nothing. Just stood there and watched as her ex nearly squeezed Graham’s stupid head right off.

“Apologize,” Riley roared at his one-time human friend. “Now!” he screamed, releasing Graham from his hold.

“Sorry Buffy,” Graham rasped, through an obviously sore throat.

“Yeah, whatever,” Buffy snapped back and shrugged her shoulders.

“He’s just pissed that he lost his little play thing,” Riley grinned evilly while he eyed Buffy up and down. “I was going to make your little sister his eternal playmate, but, no loss. We’ll find you someone even cuter, right Graham?”

Graham just nodded in response and picked himself up off the floor of the cave. He tried not to look at Buffy as he turned and walked away from the couple.

Buffy sighed, audibly and began to tap her right foot impatiently. “So,” she began evenly, trying to sound indifferent. “What now?”

“Now,” Riley purred in the voice that he must have thought was sexy, “now you come to me.” He reached out his right hand to Buffy and bade her to near him and take it in hers.

‘Oh barfola!’ Buffy groaned as her tummy wrenched at the thought of touching this asshole.

‘Will,’ she sighed inwardly, ‘if I can’t get out of this? You’d better get your undead, British ass here; and fast!’

Buffy slowly walked over to Riley, who waited like some damned Sultan or something, for his concubine.

‘This is only a dream; this is only a dream. No, make that a nightmare,’ Buffy chanted the mantra in her mind.

When she reached out and took Riley’s hand, Buffy noticed just how icy it really was. Her William’s hand was never this cold and he was as undead as old Riley here.

“Let’s go back into my rooms and we’ll…..” Riley began coyly, his big face covered in his human visage.

However, after about three yards of Riley pulling Buffy, he stopped and turned to her. There was a look of disbelief, or anger on his face and she noticed that his demon visage was coming out.

“What?” Buffy asked in confusion, aware that her acting talents had to be better then this. Surely she had not given away her innermost thoughts and…..”

“You’re with child again!” Riley roared in rage. “I can feel the Aurileous demon spawn in you!” He accused angrily, pointing his claw-like fingers at her.

“What? Me?” Buffy asked innocently. She suddenly felt like a fifteen-year-old again and like this ass was her father.

A part of Buffy tried to hide her shock, but delight, at the fact that she was again with child. She only wished that William was here to share this joy with her. But, it was she, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, who had taken off, half cocked on her own to defeat Riley and the Wu Tang Clan.

“You fucking little bitch!” Riley growled angrily. “You knew you were pregnant, with another Aurileous spawn, didn’t you?” He pulled Buffy, rather painfully, up to his huge body.

“No, I didn’t, honest Riley,” Buffy babbled in reply. The truth was she had no idea she was again pregnant with Will’s child; however, she was thrilled at the prospect.

“You fucking little whore,” Riley began his tirade again. “Don’t think I’m gonna’ take this….”

“Give me the child,” Travers yelped from his chained position on the wall of the cave. “You don’t want the baby, so when it’s born? Give it to me!”

“Done,” Riley spat angrily. “I could care less what happens to Spike’s little brat. Either of them!”

It was at this moment, unfortunately, when Riley reached around Buffy’s backside. He discovered the hidden stake in her ‘uhm’ knickers, as Spike would call them, and his face contorted into a demon mask of rage.

“You had no fucking intention of giving yourself to me!” Riley roared when he realized Buffy’s deception.

“You little fucking bitch! You were gonna’ stake me the minute you…..” he wasn’t able to finish.

Buffy pulled the stake out of Riley’s hand and attempted to run it through his cold, black heart. However, Graham proved to be useful, at least for once, and he knocked out of the slayer’s hands.

“You are so gonna’ pay for this bitch!” Riley snarled at Buffy. Without another word, the vampire balled up his hand and slugged her in the side of her. This caused Buffy to fly backwards and into the other side of the cave.

“Asshole!” Buffy screamed; her body shuddered as it was wracked with pain. “If I lose this child I’ll……”

“You’ll what baby,” Riley snarled again as he approached the fallen slayer. “I think I’m pretty much in charge here, now, sweetheart.”

Buffy cringed at the endearment that Will always used for her. Coming from Riley’s distorted mouth? It sounded more then obscene.

“Riley,” Quentin Travers called to his captor. “If you cause the death of the unborn child? You’ll never keep Buffy. The Aurileous would never let this blaspheme go unchallenged!”

“Shut the fuck up!” Riley screamed at the helpless human. “How would you like me to cause the death of you, asshole?” He grimaced at the terrified Travers, who shrunk back in fear.

‘You’re fucked, Travers,’ Buffy thought to herself as she watched the wormy little man squirm. Somehow, this thought gave Buffy some sort of satisfaction, even if she and her child were in trouble.

Riley spun about and glared at Buffy, then glanced over at Graham who just shrugged his massive shoulders at his boss. The master vampire looked as if he was being abandoned by everyone, human and demon.

“I can live with this,” Riley finally muttered, more to himself then the others around him. “I’ll raise the little brat as my own and…..”

Suddenly, a white puff of smoke appeared behind Buffy, who had regained some strength and stood up. She had stumbled over to Riley, all the time trying to muster up some idea as to how and save this whole ridiculous plan of hers.

When Buffy turned around, she saw her mate, William the Bloody, standing before her. She had never been so fucking glad to see anyone, human or demon, in her entire life.

“Oh thank God!” Buffy sighed in relief.

“Oh thank God!” Quentin Travers echoed the slayer’s sentiment.
Apparently, the old fart, Travers, realized that his fate just might rest in the hands of William the Bloody.

“What’s this bloody shit about ‘you’ raising ‘my’ kid, Finn?” Spike snarled at the taller vampire.

Riley acted quickly, for once, and grabbed Buffy. He pulled her little form to his own body and placed a knife to the woman’s throat.

“Step any closer, Spike,” Riley spat with contempt. “I’ll slice your bitch’s throat so fast that…..”

Everyone in the cave stared as there was another puff of white smoke. The spectators watched, in awe and disbelief, as young James Aurileous stepped out of the mist and joined his father.

“Mommy?” James asked in his best little boy lost voice.

“Jimmy!” Buffy cried in fright. “What are you doing here?”

“I followed daddy,” James stated matter-of-factly, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

“James Summers-Aurileous,” Spike grumbled as he took a step closer to his son. “How…..”

“I waited until you’d gone, Daddy,” the nearly three-year-old, blue eyed boy explained. “I kind of slipped in behind you, when that mean man Mr. Rayne and Grandpa Giles weren’t paying attention.”

“Ethan Rayne sent you here?” Buffy gasped incredulously at her mate.

“Well you see, Giles said that Rayne could be trusted, since he hated Travers there and all and….” Spike was cut off by a furious slayer.

“I can’t believe any of you fell for that stupid fuck’s hocus pocus!” Buffy squealed in stunned fury. “Don’t any of you ever learn…..”

“Hey, this is about me!” Riley interjected pompously. “This is my show!”

“Look you bloody ponce,” Spike growled with menace. “Let ‘my’ mate go and maybe you’ll get off easy. I’ll just rip your worthless fuck of a stupid head off and not stake you or throw you out into the sunlight!”

“You really are fucking full of yourself, Aurileous!” Riley laughed boldly, making Buffy quake just a bit.

“You think you can do anything, don’t you Spike?” Finn stumbled closer to Spike and James, Buffy still in his grasp.

“You’ll sing a different tune when I slice your beautiful mate’s head off in one bold stroke, won’t you?” Riley nodded at Graham who sidled up behind Spike and took hold of him.

Another of Riley’s minions, one Buffy had seen but couldn’t remember his name; he also took hold of her mate.

“Let her go, Riley,” Spike pleaded harshly. “If you have me? You have the Aurileous and you know it. What good can Buffy do you now? You know you don’t want ‘my’ children with Buffy so…..”

“You’ve got it all wrong, Spike,” Riley hissed. “I’ve always loved Buffy, pure and simple. No one ever got that, least of all your princess here!” Riley pushed the knife just a little closer into Buffy’s silky neck.

Spike felt like he was going to be sick. Here he had planned everything so carefully, even had the Watcher of all Watchers on his side. Giles had helped him, step by step, to get here and save Buffy. Now, everything seemed to be lost.

“Problem is mate,” Spike hissed back, “I love Buffy more then you could ever imagine.”

Buffy felt the cold cut of the knife blade against her throat and the sting of hot tears in her eyes

“I love you and James,” Buffy whispered to her husband, fully aware that this would piss Riley off even more.

James Summers-Aurileous padded, steadily, closer to this monster Riley Finn. The boy knew, from everything he had heard and absorbed, that Riley Finn was his father’s enemy. Not only that, but this Riley fellow was also the enemy of his grandfather, Marcus and the whole Aurileous family.

However, in all of the excitement, it seemed that everyone had forgotten about little James. Especially Riley, who had been warned by Buffy, earlier, that her son was very, very special indeed.

At the moment, this imposing vampire, Riley Finn, held his mother at his mercy. Two less imposing vampires held his father, the infamous William the Bloody, at their mercy.

A lesser child or vampire perhaps, would have been totally lost as to what to do to correct this mistake. A lesser child/vampire would be helpless against the odds that the Powers That Be (his mother had always spoken of) had laid out for James.

However, James Summers-Aurileous was not a lesser child/vampire. James was the son of William ‘Spike’ the Bloody; master vampire and Buffy Summers; vampire slayer.

From day one, everyone who knew James; knew who had begat him, knew that he was a special breed. A hybrid of human and vampire; one who could walk in the light but think in the darkness.

James looked over at his father, William, or Spike as the demon world knew him. His daddy looked at him as if he were a more then special. Daddy looked at him as if he were a god.

Momma just looked at him with sad green eyes; tears unshed filled the emerald depths of his mother's eyes. James had never noticed how green or beautiful his mommy’s eyes were. Not until this very moment that is.

With daddy unable to help and mommy in even a worse place? James had to think fast and furiously. A deep, almost primal strength emerged in the young boy. Even if he was too young and naïve to recognize or understand it.

James reached behind his back and rested his small fingers on the left back pocket of his Osh Kosh Begosh jeans. He pulled out the stake he had somehow ‘known’ he would need from the hidden pocket.

Without a second thought, James leveled his gaze at his mother with his icy, penetrating blue eyes.

“Momma, please duck,” James requested in his boyish, but coolly adult voice.

Buffy did as she was told and ducked.

James leveled the wooden, blessed stake right at Riley Finn’s cold, black heart. He flung it like a professional; with a right on target, deadly aim.

When the stake penetrated Riley’s chest, the vampire let loose of Buffy. Riley, for his part, did not cry out or even scream in defiance. His face just reflected more shocked disbelief then anything else.

Graham and the other minion, out of shock or fear, let go of Spike when they saw their leader turn into ashes that fell to the floor.

Spike took the opportunity to slam Graham in the face and head with his right arm and hand. Buffy picked up the stake from Riley’s ashes and flung it at the other minion.

James stood, watching his parents take out a few more nearby minions. Once the vampires were disposed of, the boy walked over to the dust that was once Riley Finn, leader of the Wu Tang Clan.

Without fear, the child leaned down and retrieved the red ruby ring that once adorned Finn’s finger. He turned and humbly strode over to his mother and father.

“Here mama, I think this belongs to you,” James murmured softly. His blue eyes were suddenly innocent and not so very much intense as they had been.

Spike and Buffy just stood together, arm in arm, and studied their magnificent, inspiring son. Their heads were tilted, to the side, in awe and words temporarily escaped them.

Finally, Spike broke the silence when he looked at Buffy with a cocky but loving smirk:

“Well, I guess we finally know for sure which side of the family our boy takes after, eh Princess?”

He gazed at Buffy with so much respect and love, that she burst out into happy tears. Even if they were up against what was left of the Wu Tang Clan? They were a family unit; albeit an unusual one and dammit! They would survive!


Just as Buffy tried to counter with her own quip, the entire Aurileous army; led by Marcus, Angel, Giles and even Xander, came marching into the cave.


A/N: The turf battle will continue in the next chapter, but then this story must come to an end. I hope you have read and enjoyed it.

Thank you and please review, spufette.