LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 2: ‘Sweet Baby James’


A/N: It’s important to remember that at this time, Buffy has no idea who Spike really is. I mean, she knows him as William The Bloody, but she does not know he’s the eldest son of the Vampire Godfather. This means, that she has no idea that Spike’s and her son is so powerful, yet.
Oh and someone asked me if Angel, Connor and Dru are also vampires? Yes, they are, they are the natural born children of Marcus (crazy huh!) and that's why Spike could father a child of his own.


Buffy watched her son, James William (?) fall into a deep, restful slumber. This was a nightly routine for Buffy. Feed James, or Jimmy as he was called, his supper; bathe him; watch a little Sesame Street with him (the Count was Jimmy’s fave character!) and then put him down for bed. Little Jimmy would sleep, oh, for maybe a few hours, then he would wake, just before Mummy came home from patrol and gave him a little midnight snack.

“Thank God for my Mom!” Buffy reminded herself as she watched her little boy slip off into dreamland. “I’d be lost without Mom.”

Joyce Summers had stepped up to the plate, once she realized her seventeen-year-old oldest daughter was pregnant, three years before. She insisted that Buffy keep the baby. Even when everyone else, including Rupert Giles and the rest of Buffy’s friends demanded that she either abort the baby, or give it up to the Watcher’s Council. Yeah, as if that was going to happen in this Millenium.

Buffy giggled, softly, as she watched her son begin his nightly ritual. He would drift off to sleep, after his snack, then begin to snore, unlike his own Pops. William never snored in his sleep, probably because he didn’t have to breathe. James breathed, like humans had to, in fact, for the son of a vampire, Buffy’s baby did a lot of human things.

Soon, after James began to sleep like the undead, he would open his mouth, slightly, and reveal his two top incisors. The ones that were just a tad more exaggerated then any pure human’s teeth. In fact, in sleep? Jimmy’s incisors resembled two, tiny fangs, much like wolves, or bats, or well, vampires.

This was always a painful reminder to Buffy Summers. A reminder that her lover, William, had been driven from Sunnydale, three years before, without any knowledge that he was about to become a father. She, Buffy, had aided and abetted the townspeople in ridding Sunnydale of William The Bloody. Something she hated to do, but felt the need to do.

“Oh, Jimmy,” Buffy sighed sadly as she watched her beautiful, fair-haired, blue-eyed son sleep. “I wish I’d never have listened to Giles, or any of the Scoobies for that matter. If I hadn’t? Your Daddy would be right here, with us, right now and I wouldn’t be so alone, or scared.”

Buffy Summers was scared, truly. She had heard things from about town and these things terrified her. As a nightly jaunt, Buffy would stop by Willie’s Bar and Grill and check in on the demon doings there. And, every night, Willie would feed Buffy input on the plots, schemes and goings on in Sunnydale by the local demons.

For the last few nights, Willie had made it clear, for his old buddy’s William’s sake, that the whole Hellmouth was in danger. Willie was fully aware that William The Bloody loved the Slayer and visa versa. While he never exposed William’s true identity, even to Buffy, he kept the Slayer up-do-date on the evil workings of the unsouled ones. In fact, Willie was adamant that two rival factions would soon be duking (or fanging) it out for control of the demon world on the Hellmouth.

Therefore, Buffy was fully aware that Riley Finneous, of the Wu Tang Gang, was going to make his move on the Aurileous territory in the Hellmouth. Humans, vampires and demons alike were going to be caught ‘undead/dead to rights’ in the middle of this gang war and nothing might be able to stop it.

What saddened Buffy the most? Just two years before, Riley Finneous was just plain Riley Finn, Buffy’s somewhat love interest in Sunnydale. He, Riley, would never be able to replace William of course, but he did try, on numerous occasions to ease Buffy’s lonliness for Will.

They had never made love, Riley and Buffy. No sex, no heavy petting, really, because Buffy couldn’t stand the thought of anyone touching her, that way, besides William.

Just about two years before this, Buffy remembered as she watched her son sleep. Riley had become ‘involved’ with a vampiress whore by the name of Sandy. The female she bitch sucked Riley once too often and succeeded in turning him into a vampire himself. Pity of it was, that after the turning, Riley staked the poor Sandy himself and began to gather minions, undead soldiers and ranks of demons into his hoarde. They called themselves the ‘Wu Tang Gang’ for whatever reason and began to wreak havoc on the citizens of Sunnydale.

Riley was gaining more power, nightly, and Buffy knew this would bring the Aurileous Family into Sunnydale. If for nothing more, then to protect their territory of the demon world and keep things stabalized, somewhat.

“Great,” Buffy sighed as she watched her beautiful son, James, sleep. “I have to pick a demon side to be on in this. Each one is no better then the other and I ‘have’ to choose between them.”

Buffy left her son’s bedside and stumbled, wearily, into the bathroom to shower. She stripped down and stepped under the warm water, relishing the droplets of pure heat as they hit her body in unison.

After her bath, Buffy dried off and with her body wrapped up, warmly, in the plush towel, she sauntered off into her bedroom. She insisted on having Jame’s little bed in her room, next to her bed. All too soon, she knew she would have to put her son’s bed and all of his toys in the little room her mother had reserved for him.

Laying down in her soft sheets, Buffy tried to relax and allow her much needed sleep to overcome her. She began to hum, silently to herself, a song. Buffy didn’t really ‘know’ this song, totally, but she remembered William singing to her, while they ‘necked’ endlessly on the beach. At night of course.

‘Twenty, twenty, twenty-four
hours ago;
I wanna’
Be sedated”


Suddenly, in the midst of Buffy’s humming, James sat up in his little bed, his cobalt blue eyes cut through the dark room and into Buffy’s very soul:

“Twenty, twenty, twenty-four
hours ago;
I wanna’
Be sedated”

Buffy’s son echoed the very words she was humming, right back at her. She sat up herself and shot a wary look at her angelic looking son.

“Jimmy,” she whispered, “time for bed, baby. Go to sleep, now.”

Jimmy grinned widely, something even Buffy could see in the dark room.

“He’s coming back, Mummy,” Jimmy suddenly murmered happily. “Daddy, he’ll be here, soon.”

With that, Jimmy lay back down and seemingly fell back into a deep, restful sleep.


(Meanwhile, In Transylvania)

Spike Aurileous strode about his Father’s office, actually, he was storming about it. He was just itching to get to Sunnydale, find Buffy, immediately and claim her and their son together.

The eldest Aurileous son had always been desperate to return to Sunnydale and the woman he loved, Buffy, but he’d made a promise to stay away. He’d promised Buffy, three years before that he’d never come back to Sunnyhell, even though it near killed him to say that. He loved Buffy, always would and always intended on returning to her, whether she wanted him to or not.

Now, Spike had his chance and a whole army of his Family’s undead soldiers to back him up when he returned. With his own Father’s blessings and added incentive. Another Aurileious heir.

‘Bitch,’ Spike growled lowly, ‘I love you Buffy, but how dare you keep my son from me.’ Spike could make it right though, he would make it right. He’d win, in Sunnydale, claim Buffy and his boy and spirit his family out of there, before three sunrises over that God forsaken place.

Spike’s youngest brother, Connor, was skulking about in the corner of their Father’s office. He had no doubt in his mind what young Conn was brooding around about.


“When do we leave for Sunnydale, California, Father?” Connor asked, almost shyly of Marcus. “Spike says the sooner the better,” the youngest natural born Aurileous stammered.

“You’re not going,” the Godfather responded, indifferently. “Not to Sunnydale, not to the other side of the world. Not ever, if your Mum has anything to say about it.”

Connor looked crestfallen, Spike noted and he strode up to his father and his youngest brother. When he saw Connor’s chin begin to quiver in rejection and disappointment, Spike spoke up.

“Pops,” Spike began carefully, making sure he worded this, just right. The oldest son of the Godfather was well aware of his baby brother’s infatuation with Dawn Summers, Buffy’s little sister. He knew that Connor had hoped to join them the ‘Family’ in Sunnydale to aid them destroy Riley Finneous and his stupid gang of upstart rogue vampire.

“Pops, I think Connor should go with us,” Spike offered his brother a warm glance as he said this. “I’ll keep an eye on him, make sure he’s okay. Let him go, it’ll be good for the boy. He needs to be more involved with the Family and our ‘business’ right?”

Marcus seemed to mull this over, his deep blue eyes studied first Spike, then Connor, intently. “Is there more to this then just wanting to ‘be’ a part of the Family business, boy?” Father asked youngest son #3.

Connor was not good at deceit and sheepishly hung his dark, shaggy head, “yes,” he admitted quietly. “The Slayer’s sister, Dawn, I saw a picture of her, with Buffy. I, she, I want to meet her and……”

Godfather Marcus Aurileous snorted in exasperation, “Oh for Satan’s sake, Connor,” he glared at the smitten child. “Your brother falls in love with the Slayer, and now ‘you’ want her younger sister?”

“Yes,” Connor responded evenly, his brown-eyed gaze was determined. “I don’t see why I can’t have a Dawn, if I want her and she might just like me? Who says that Dawn Summers isn’t the next Slayer herself, or something. Or that she’s special in some way that might be what is right for me, for our Family interests?”

Connor looked over at Spike, who was grinning like a loon at his younger brother. “Too true, Conn,” Spike piped in. “Connor’s right Dad,” he continued, “Buffy’s little sis just might be good for Connor and this Family. She’s different, as I remember and Buffy was always prattling on about certain powers her sister had.”

“Oh, fuck this,” Marcus growled, “all right, you’re in Connor. But mark my words boy, if this screws up things in Sunnydale, this infatuation of yours? Or, worse yet, if anything happens to you Connor, your mother will stake me herself!”

“All right then,” Marcus continued, suddenly all business-like. “Connor, go fetch Angelus and your Mother. Get Wesley down here, too, and Gunn. We need to firm up this plan for Sunnydale and get this show on the road. We’re leaving, tomorrow, for the other side of the world and it’s going to be a long, long trip.”


A/N: Short chapter, wanted to keep the plot flowing. James will have more human/vampire traits, and they will be revealed as the story goes along. Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf