Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for sticking with this fiction of mine. I enjoyed writing it and I hope you all enjoyed reading it.
Epilogue:


A/N: Well, this is it. Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter. Thank you, spuf


In the end, Spike Aurileous; his wife and eternal mate, Buffy and their son, James went to England. They settled in the estate that Spike’s mother, Anne, had grown up in, when she was human.

Joyce soon followed after the couple, Dawn in tow and settled in London itself. She had insisted that Dawn and she make a life in the city; a young couple such as Spike and Buffy needed their privacy, Joyce always said. The Summers' matriarch politely overlooked the fact that her son-in-law was actually somewhere around two-hundred years old.

Dawn was enrolled in an excellent private school in London, while Joyce obtained a position at one of the umpteen art galleries the city provided. Rupert Giles showed up, about six months after Joyce and Dawn moved there. It was not long until Mr. Giles had asked Joyce to marry him to which she replied ‘why yes, of course.’

Wesley had eventually joined the ‘family’ back in Transylvania, even if he reluctantly had let Willow go from his unlife. Godfather Marcus had explained to the young witch that it would be painful for both Wesley and Willow if she chose not to be turned. Willow would grow old and die; leaving Wesley to pine away for an eternity.

Willow accepted the old vampire’s advice and stayed in Sunnydale when Wesley returned to the old country. She eventually met and married a kind if eccentric guitar player in a local band. His name was Daniel Osbourne, but he went by Oz and he seemed to worship Willow.

As it turned out, Oz was more eccentric then anyone could have suspected. He was part of an old werewolf pack; in fact, his whole family was. Who could have seen that one coming, eh? Anyway, Willow accepted this part of Oz, especially since the man assured his future wife that he had the life expectancy of a normal human.

Andrew returned to Transylvania, with the Aurileous and began to work diligently with the family. No one ever really knew exactly what became of Graham.

If the locals around Spike and Buffy’s new home had any questions or suspicions regarding the couple and their intriguing son? They did well to keep it to themselves. The peoples of the nearest village were not unused to mysterious happenings; their community was rich in lore of the supernatural.

When the newest Aurileous child came into the world, the old estate suddenly overflowed with various guests and visitors. Again, the locals simply accepted the odd strangers with friendly nods and sent letters of congratulations to the family; as any proper Brit would do.

Buffy, eternally lovely woman that she was, sent young James to school, as a good mum would do. Spike had bought her a Bentley convertible and she would roar up and down the country roads; scaring sheep and ducks alike who happened to waddle in her way.

Twice a month, on Friday night, Spike, Buffy, James and little Clarissa would drive into London to visit Giles, Joyce and Dawn. Nighttime was the only time Mr. William Aurileous was ever seen by the locals. They accepted the fact that the blond man was a writer of some kind of novels. Authors were known to be odd if not entirely eccentric; therefore, Aurileous’ unusual behavior was not even blinked at.

When Spike and Buffy had packed up their little family and moved to London, it nearly broke the Sunnydale gang’s hearts. Since Joyce, Giles and Dawn soon followed them to England, it had been a little easier for all of them.

Xander and Cordelia had finally married and had a child of their own. The Harris family would visit, off and on to England, but Buffy refused to return to Sunnydale, or California in general. She had finished with her life there and never intended on going back for any reason.


Dawn made sure to keep in contact with Connor, via E-Mail and the internet. Godfather Marcus was less then pleased with this newfangled human invention of the ‘Net’ but Connor pleaded with his father and the old ‘man’ relented.

Spike’s last novel went to the number one position on the ten best selling list. Buffy and he celebrated by conceiving another little Aurileous to add to their own growing clan.

The locals grew used to the eccentric Aurileous family and their unusually intriguing children. After all, local lore had it that the family who owned the mysterious estate; back in the 18th century, had been a bit ‘odd’ also.

Truthfully, the entire village nearby appreciated the bit of celebrity that having a famous author afforded them. Even if William Aurileous wrote books entitled ‘Vampires Among Us’ and such rot as that.

As for the old Aurileous Clan and their patriarch; Marcus? The prediction that the heir apparent, William, had made years before appeared to be valid.

“The old man is going to be around until ‘He’ decides to end this world. Da will unlive until the end of time…..”


The End


A/N: Thank you for reading this story. I’m sorry if the ending sounds a bit flat (it does to me) but I simply felt this was the best way to conclude it.

I’m having some RL issues that seem to be overwhelming me lately. I’ve been contemplating simply finishing up my WIP’s and letting it go at that. Yet…..I have some ideas (I feel are fairly fresh) and I am considering going ahead and starting some new fics.

I need to finish ‘Little Missy The Marker’ the epilogue. Then I want to continue and conclude ‘Redemption’ and I ‘do’ have the plot pretty well planned out to the end.

I really do thank all of you who read this fic and the others; all of the others that the authors try so hard to make enjoyable. Its wonderful for me to have this outlet and I cannot thank everyone who reads these enough…..

I sign off on this fiction; luv, spufette.