LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 3: ‘Information and Arrivals’


Buffy strolled into Willie’s Demon Bar & Grill and immediately cleared the place of his customers. Just by making her presence known.

“Hey Gorgeous!” came the bartender’s airy greeting to Buffy. Lorne, the coolest demon in Sunnydale, if not the world, was behind the bar tonight.

“Thank God,” Buffy mumbled under her breath, “a real gentleman demon, for once,” she sighed in relief. Lorne was class personified, even for a demon and Buffy actually liked the guy.

After depositing her main stakes on the bar, under Lorne’s watchful red eyes, Buffy relaxed on a bar stool. She ordered a diet coke, which she got, on the house of course.

“So, oh great horned one, how goes it?” Buffy quipped as she sipped her soda and eyed the green ‘soulful’ demon before her.

“It goes,” Lorne shrugged non-chalantly. But, oh, Buffy could read the demons of the land so very well. By now at least. Lorne might be short on the gossip, but he was long on the information. Buffy so needed some real good ‘information’ right now and she was getting impatient. Even with wonderful, sweet and brilliant Lorne of the Underworld.

“Word has it,” Lorne leaned over the bar and closer to Buffy as he eyed the empty bar room, cautiously, “word has it that the Aurileous Family is headed to Sunnydale. To thwart the Wu Tang Gang and Riley Finneous.”
It was Buff’s turn to shrug, almost indifferently. “Yesterday’s news,” she nearly yawned in boredom. It was a game they played, her and Lorne. ‘Who could keep the boredom level up the longest?’

“Well, sweet pea,” Lorne smirked and giggled, “it might be yesterday’s news, but the word on the demon highway is that you, the Slayer of all Slayers will ‘have’ to choose a side to be on in this mess. I’m guessing you’ll go with the Aurileous family, right? Hey,” Lorne suddenly stood up to his 6’6” full stature, “tell me now? You’re going with the ‘A’ group right? I’ve got a thousand on this and I’m laying odds that you’re going with Marcus and his Clan. I mean, especially since….”

Lorne suddenly stopped short and began to wipe at an errant blood stain on the bar. He furiously scrubbed at the mark with his bar towel, trying not to glance at Buffy from time to time.

“Especially since what?” Buffy hissed as she leaned over the bar and held Lorne’s hand still with her tiny one. “Why would I choose the Aurileous Family over Riley’s?” She gave poor Lorne the ‘evil Slayer eye’ and clasped his taloned hand even tighter.

“Well, pumpkin,” Lorne gushed, all sweet and nice like again, “it’s a known fact that the Aurileous Family keeps things somewhat in check, here in SunnyHell and around the world. At their various locations that is. Actually makes things just a smidge easier for you and the Watcher’s Council. Just don’t they, though?” The demon grinned, coyly at Buffy and pulled his hand from hers.

“Uh huh,” Buffy murmered as she sipped her soda again and watched the rather good looking demon, for a green, horned guy that is, clean the bar. “Although just how the Aurileous Clan keeps things in check is beyond me,” she sighed loudly.

“Besides,” Lorne suddenly added as he turned his back on the Slayer and pulled a glass for himself from the wall. “Everyone in the Demon World knows that Riley Finneous is after you, and your son,” he finished pretty weakly, actually and Buffy’s ears perked up at this.

“My son?” she hissed, practically flying over the bar to grab Lorne. “What about my son and Riley. And me!”

“Oh, no fears, Slayer,” Lorne assured her, “Riley doesn’t want to kill you or your son. But let’s face it, sweet cheeks, the Wu Tang Gang leader knows exactly who you are. And who fathered your child. He was after all,” the demon paused, trying to be ‘tactful’ here and not piss off the Slayer. “Riley was after all, a shoulder to cry on at one time, right? While human that is. He had to know that William the Bloody sired little James, correct?”

Buffy began to feel a bit lightheaded and she took a big gulp of the soda that was left. “Give me another,” she ordered firmly as if asking for a straight whiskey.

“How much does the Sunnydale demon world know about my son?” Buffy asked weakly, trying to be all strong and brave. But, failing miserably.

“Not too much, honey,” Lorne sighed, “just what Riley let the Demon hordes in on. Don’t worry,” he tsked, Riley doesn’t want either you or your sweet baby James to be harmed in any way. I assure you. It wouldn’t fit into Captain Forehead’s plans, really. The leader of the Wu Tang Gang wants you and your Jimmy alive and well. Trust me on this one.”
“His plans?” Buffy asked Lorne. Eying the green demon warily, she slammed her soda glass on the bar.

“Why the fuck would Riley want me alive or dead, or undead or whatever lies between? And my son? The son of William the Bloody? What the fuck does that mean?”

Lorne pursed his ruby red lips and sighed again, wearily. “It’s a power thing, sweetness,” he shook his head and began to wipe out tumblers with a cloth.

“Look, Queen of the Undamned,” the demon set the glass down and again leaned in closer to Buffy. “You’re the Slayer, right?”

She nodded.

“Your son is a mix of Slayer and Vampire, right?”

Again, Buffy nodded.

“And not just any Vampire, sweet lips, but a very powerful, Master Vampire. Do you honestly think, that with William the Bloody out of the picture that Riley isn’t going to eventually make his move on you? Your very powerful son?”

Buffy cringed and began to shake her head violently. “I so do not want my son involved in any of this shit. No gang wars, no Vampire mafia bullshit. Riley can take a fifteen inch stake and shove it up his, cold, dead ass for all I care. And as for William? I ran him off, three years ago on the advice of friends, family and the local do gooders of Sunnydale. He never even knew about ‘his’ son. As if he’d care.”

“Doesn’t he know, now, though?” Lorne muttered and turned to wipe out more glasses. “Wouldn’t he care, Buffy? He certainly loves you enough.”

Buffy was just about to ask how Lorne knew what William felt and all when she heard a nasally whine from the back of the bar.

“You are very bad for business Slayer,” Willie the snitch piped in from the back room. “You run off my best customers.”

“You need classier customers Willie,” Buffy snorted and threw a five dollar bill on the bar counter. “That should cover the tip and all sweetness,” she quipped at Lorne who almost blushed at her words.

“I’ve got a message, for Riley,” Buffy hissed as she retrieved her stakes and headed for the door. “Tell fang breath to stay the fuck away from me, my son, my family and every other human in Sunnydale. In fact, tell the asshole to get the hell out of here. He better if he knows what’s good for him. If I don’t stake his ass, the Aurileous Family will. Oh, and Lorne, Willis?” She grinned at the two ‘men’ still left in the bar.

“Lay all bets on the ‘A’ Family. It’s not that I’m taking sides, mind you,” she giggled. “But a girl’s got to know just what winner ‘horse(s)’ to back.” With that, Buffy spun about and strode out of the bar.

“She has no idea, does she?” Lorne asked his skinny, scrawny boss in disbelief. “I mean who William really is?”

“Nope,” Willie sighed lowly. “But once Spike and the Aurileous Family get back to Sunnydale? Buffy’ll have those gorgeous green eyes yanked open for her.”

As Buffy stormed back to her home on Revello Drive, she muttered to herself.

“Asshole vampires,” she hissed, kicking a stray empty can or bottle along the way. “Hate them, hate them all, the lousy, two bit fuckers and….”

“All of us?” came a snake-like hiss from the shadows of a nearby alley.

“Oh crap!” Buffy groaned in frustration, “my night is truly complete!”

“Come out Riley,” the Slayer hissed at the unseen, as of yet, vampire.

“Hello beautiful,” Riley stepped out of the shadows and began to close the gap between Buffy and himself.

“Stay back Riley,” Buffy warned him, pulling out a stake and getting into her fighting stance. She took in the slight ridges on Riley’s forehead, his fangs that even he could not hide from her. The demon within him called out to Buffy, for her to attack, hit him, fuck him, something, for God’s sake!

“Is that anyway to greet and old boyfriend, baby?” Riley chuckled as he stepped even closer to her.

“No,” Buffy snipped, “but to greet an old evil ‘friend’? It’s perfect. You were never really a boyfriend, Riley,” Buffy reminded the pale, golden-eyed demon, “just a shoulder to cry on. Like you said.”


“I’ve a proposition for you my love,” Riley purred, eagerly licking his lips and scanning Buffy up and down. “A very nice proposition, I assure you. One that you might consider and should.”

“And what would that be, oh ‘bores the shit out of me, still’ Riley?” Buffy glanced at her watch then her new manicure job, just for affect.

“Don’t get snippy with me, bitch!” Riley growled and stepped closer to her.

“Don’t get ‘closey’ with me, asshole!” Buffy hissed back and raised Mr. Pointy even higher.

Riley eyed the stake, nervously, then the huge silver cross about Buffy’s sleek neck. He recognized that cross, she could tell. It was the one William had given her, just before he left Sunnydale for good.

Suddenly, Buffy felt incredibly sad and alone. She missed Will, missed him terribly, even though their son reminded her daily of him. James was the clone of his Father, in so many ways.

“I have a question, Buffy dear,” Riley hissed through his fangs. “One that I think I deserves an answer to?”

“Ask away, undead asshole,” Buffy retorted. “If I answer or not is up to you. Oh, no, it’s actually up to me. Isn’t it?” She was doing her best to annoy Riley to death, yet again.

“Your son, little Jimmy?” Riley began with an evil grin, “he’s stronger then most two-year-olds, right?” Riley looked so smug and pompous, even for an undead idiot.

Buffy pondered this question, momentarily, then smiled sweetly at her mortal enemy.

“He could kick your ass to the town limits, even at two, stake you, and be home in time to watch Sesame Street on Cable. That answer your question, oh ‘Inept One’?”

Riley cringed and Buffy could tell he was just itching to lunge at her. For what intent? That remained to be seen.

“You best choose your sides, well, little girl,” Riley grumbled at Buffy. “When this ‘happens’ you’ll want to be on the winning side. Do you have any idea who the winning side is, bitch?”

“Me,” Buffy stated evenly and with pure confidence. “I’m the winning side.”

Buffy the Vampire Slayer turned her back on the pathetic Godfather wanna be and walked, slowly away from him. She knew within herself that Riley did not have the dead guts to follow her. Not at the present anyway.

At the Sunnydale Port of Call, on the shores of the Pacific, a rather large, but unobvious dark ship pulled into dock. Unbeknownst to the general populace, or even the resident Slayer, the cargo in that ship was very important. Very important, very powerful and very lethal.

Marcus Aurileous was a very imposing ‘man’ among vampires. He was tall, almost 6’3” and extremely good looking, for a vampire that is. His three natural sons followed suit, at least in handsomeness. Spike, or William the Bloody, was not nearly as tall as his Father, Marcus, but he was strongly built and had his Dad’s blue eyes.

Angel(us) was almost 6’2” tall, built like a muscular bull and dark-haired like his Mother, Jennifer. Connor was young yet, not fully developed, but he would seem to be destined to be the clone of Angelus, physically that is. However, young Connor was more like the oldest son, Spike, in disposition and personality.

There was a poet in Spike/William and his younger brother had inherited that personality from him. Although the two vampire sons would rather be staked then admit it? They were sensitive, at times that is, in nature.


After the ship had docked, Marcus ordered all of the ship mates and crew spared by the Aurileous Clan and their foot soldiers. It was the least the Godfather could do. The ship’s crew had cared for the undead family as if they were natural born gypsies, native to the Transylvanian soil that the Aurileous Family had sprung from.

Gypsies from that part of the world grew to respect and honor the revered Vampire Clans and Families. It was as natural to their nature as breathing, although the members of the human clans never mentioned the blood bonds outside of their race.

Although the ship’s crew was spared, the moment that Spike, Angelus, Connor and their Father, Marcus, hit the shore, they fell upon a drunken sailor who had stumbled away from his friends, presumably. They fed on the mishappened man and left no evidence of his existence.

Making short work of the sailor, Marcus called forth his twenty undead foot soldiers to join them on the beach and motioned the horde into the town of Sunnydale. The first member of the Wu Tang Gang that the Aurileous Horde encountered was torn apart without a blink of undead eyes.

“A scout?” Angelus queried of his revered Father.

“Most likely,” Marcus snorted indifferently. “But a weak one, surely.”

The four family members laughed loudly, together. They strode with confidence, danger radiated from them like waves.

“I’ll leave you now Father,” Spike stated to Marcus, and his siblings. “I have an engagement, on Revello Drive.”

“You do that,” Marcus nodded at his eldest. “Make sure you claim your son and his Mother, quickly. Your boy is the key to our future and our victory.”

“I want Buffy first,” Spike spat stubbornly, “then my son. I will have both of them, with me forever. Or I’ll have nothing at all.”








A/N: Short, but hopefully sweet! I know, hokey and silly, right? I can’t wait for Spike and Buffy to ‘meet’ again and for him to meet his son. Can you? Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf