LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE



Chapter 4: ‘The Boys Are Back In Town’


A/N: Well, I wanted to submit this chapter of this fic, now. Then I’m off to take my daughter to see ‘Phantom of the Opera’ finally! Anyway, I hope someone is still reading this. I thank all of you for reading it and for reviews. Luv, Spuf

Summary: Spike is delayed, by his Father, before he can track down Buffy. He’ll get there, to Revello though, soon, don’t fret.


“Spike, wait,” Marcus Aurileous called after his headstrong eldest son. “A change in plans, son,” the Godfather stated when Spike had rejoined their group.

“What?” Spike growled, momentarily forgetting his place in the Family. The blond vampire stared in the direction of Revello Drive, just itching to get to Buffy’s house. He wanted to grab Buffy and their son, immediately and worry about ‘Family’ matters later.

Angel and Connor groaned, audibly, at their anstsy older brother’s disrespectful tone. Marcus Aurileous loved his natural born children, unconditionally. But, ‘no one’ alive or unalive was allowed to disrespect the Godfather. Not even his own offspring.

“Watch your tone, boy,” Marcus hissed as he glared down at his ‘heir’ to the Family. Spike would inherit the Aurileous Family, as Godfather, if something was to happen to Marcus. Which was more then likely never going to happen, not in this eternity. No one got ‘that’ close to Godfather Marcus, not even his own ‘lieutenants’ and soldiers.

“I’ve decided to go to this Willie’s Demon Bar you speak of. Find out what the demon knows about Riley Finneous, the upstart prick, and his band of idiots. Spike was a lot like his father, always with the descriptive put downs and quips.

‘Much like my Buffy,’ Spike mused to himself. ‘Wonder what our son is like?’ He tried to cover his longing sigh with an unneeded breath.

“You, Angel and Connor, along with Gunn and myself, we’re going to this Willie’s immediately. The fool is a snake, of course, but he and his employees are loyal to our Family. Aftwards,” Marcus nodded with authority, “you may go and claim your woman and my grandson. They will be there, waiting when we are finished at Willie’s.”

“Yes Father,” Spike muttered, reluctantly following his imposing sire to Willie’s Demon Bar. Angel, Connor and the Family’s strongest Lieutenant, Gunn, followed behind Spike.

The moment the Aurileous clan stepped through the doors of Willie’s Demon Bar, Spike caught the unmistakeable scent of his love, Buffy.

“Buffy,” Spike murmered out loud, trying not to show the depth of his emotion. “She’s been here,” he rasped, “recently.”


When the Aurileous boys had entered Willie’s place, the majority of the returned demons headed for the back door. The Slayer’s appearance earlier was bad enough, but the Godfather and his sons? This was a major disaster.

One unfortunate Taok Demon happened to try and run past the Aurileous’s to escape. He was quickly caught by Angel, who tore the poor creatures head off and tossed it outside the front door.

“He bugged me,” Angel explained with a shrug at his Father’s impatient scowl.

“Whatever,” Marcus grumbled, very impatient by this time. “Where is Willie?” the Godfather roared at the green, horned demon behind the bar.

“Here, Godfather,” Willie the Snitch, scurried out from inside a back room. “It is good to see you, Master Aurileous.”

Willie took Marcus’s outstretched right hand and kissed the huge blood red ruby ring on his ring finger. “We are relieved that you are here, Godfather,” Willie stated, his words had a ring of truth to them. The little weasel’s tone was exceptionally respectful and reverant. It had better be.

“Yes, Godfather,” Lorne approached the imtimidating Family head carefully. He repeated his employer’s actions and kissed the stunning ring on the Clan’s leader’s right hand.

“Spike,” the two demons, different as night and day, nodded at the eldest Aurileous son.

“Buffy,” Spike interjected, impatiently, “she’s been here. Recently.” He was anxious to track down his woman and confront her. The sooner the better.

“The Slayer was here, Spike, Godfather,” Lorne nodded his huge horned head. “You missed her by an hour or so. Not much longer. She was here, kicking ass and taking names, so to speak. Asked me all kinds of questions about the Family, and the Wu Tang Gang.”

“Cleared the place,” Willie broke in, a nasty little frown on his mouth. “Just by showing her little punk ass,” the demon suddenly broke off his tirade. Probably because Spike had reached over and grasped Willie’s throat with his strong left hand.

“You never, ever speak of Buffy like that,” Spike growled, dangerously low in his throat. “Buffy is my woman, the Mother of my son and your Godfather’s grandson. I demand respect, fuckhead,” Spike hissed and released the quaking Willie.

“No disrespect meant, Spike, Godfather,” Willie choked out. “But you do have to admire the Slayer,” the demon’s words stumbled out rapidly, trying for damage control here. “She cleared the place, earlier, just by walking in here!”

Spike beamed at his Father, a proud smile on his handsome mouth. “That’s my girl,” he gushed smugly.

Lorne interjected, probably hoping to difuse the tension in the room.

“Godfather, Spike,” Lorne began, seriously. “The Slayer, she came here for information. Mostly on Riley Finneous and the Wu Tang. She seemed to know, already, that the Aurileous were on their way to Sunnydale. Buffy did not seem real ‘upset’ by the news. Actually,” Lorne scratched his left horn with his talon, “she told Willie and me that she’s siding with the Aurileous Family in this matter. That, and apparently, Spike,” the demon nodded at the vampire, “she has no idea that you ‘are’ an Aurileous son.”

“Oh, and,” Lorne added with a wink, “I believe that she is unaware that ‘you’ know that little James is your son?”

“James,” Spike murmered, suddenly ‘feeling’ his dead heart skip a beat. “My middle name,” he whispered in loving awe. “She named our boy after me.”

“Riley,” Lorne interrupted Spike’s ‘Kodak moment’ with that fuck’s name. “Riley Finneous ‘wants’ Buffy, Spike,” the green demon continued, cautiously. “Her, and your son together. For many reasons.”

Lorne stepped back from the Aurileous clan and held his much needed breath. The green demon looked very, very nervous at the moment.

“Mine!” Spike roared so loud that the rafters in the bar shook. “Buffy is mine!” he repeated again, even louder. “My woman,” Spike began to stalk about the bar, enraged. He seemed to be looking about, randomly, trying to find anything he could break, or rip apart.

Willie cowered behind the bar, while Lorne just stood his ground. Godfather Marcus rolled his blue eyes and crossed his long arms in front of him. He watched his eldest son strode up and down in the bar, cursing everything, alive and undead Spike could think of.

“Spike,” Marcus finally growled, fed up with his son’s testosterone fit. “Settle down and pull yourself together. Of course Buffy is yours. Your son and his Mother will never be anyone but yours, so fucking halt this shit, now!”

“Riley can’t get within ten miles of my woman and our son, Father,” Spike growled back at Marcus. “I’ll tear Sunnydale apart, with my own hands if he gets near…”

“He won’t,” Marcus finished for his enraged son. “Neither you, myself or any of the Aurileous will allow such a thing. Besides,” the Godfather continued with arrogant confidence, “this little shit of an upstart, Riley Finneous, will be dust before the end of the week. Him and his ‘Gang’ of misfits.”

Angel, who had been unusually quiet, for him, anyway, finally spoke up. “We’ll help you protect Buffy and your son, brother,” he assured Spike. “Connor and me, we’ll help you. Yes little brother?” The dark-haired Angel nodded at the youngest Aurileous male.

“Of course,” Connor agreed quickly. “We are family, Spike. Always. Your mate and your son will be safe with us here.”




Buffy had made a quick detour, from her trek home, to her Watcher’s house. She needed to talk to Giles, immediately, regarding the new information that she had gotten from Willie and Lorne.

“So,” Rupert Giles slurred, just a tad, “you’re going to choose sides in this fiasco? Go with the Aurileous Family?” He had been drinking, non-stop, only the best Scoth, of course, since before his supper earlier that evening.

“I have to go with a ‘side’ in this, Giles,” Buffy mumbled, a little exasperated with her tipsy Watcher. “I can’t take on the entire Vampire world at one time. None of us can, no matter how strong we are. I think the Aurileous Family is the lesser of two, very big evils. She eyed her Watcher with growing impatience.

“Besides,” she continued firmly, “my son, James, he comes first and foremost with me. Both of the ‘clans’ will want him, I know that, but I feel that the Aurileous will help me protect my boy. They are steeped in tradition and will respect the fact that a Master Vampire fathered Jimmy. Although I have no idea how that happened, do you?”

“The Aurileous know about Jimmy?” Giles seemed to sober up quickly and nervously asked his Slayer the question.

“Apparently,” Buffy shook her head. “Lorne claims that the Godfather, Marcus, knows everything about Sunnydale, me and my son. I think the great green one, Lorne, and that weasal he works for, Willie? I think they’re both hiding something from me. Something really important.”

“Could be,” Giles mumbled under his breath. He began to look really anxious by this time and Buffy suddenly got real suspicious by this.

“What are you hiding, Giles,” she asked, somberly. “You know something, what is it?”

“Nothing, Buffy, dear. Really. Just that I feel distressed that you and Jimmy have to go through this mess. I’m worried about your son, Buffy, of course.”

“You should have thought of that, Giles,” Buffy grumbled, avoiding his gaze. “When you and the others coerced me into running Jimmy’s father out of Sunnydale. At least William could have helped me protect our boy.”

“Oh, Buffy,” Giles sighed, sorrowfully, “we all thought it best. At the time. In fact, if you remember, we wanted you to…” But the older man did not finish this sentence. He just took another sip of his drink and stared at the big, black book on the coffee table.

“Is there anymore information in that thing,” Buffy pointed at the book, with curiosity. “Any data on the Aurileous?”

“Yes, much data,” Giles slurred, setting his drink down. “No pictures, of course, but descriptions and such. About the Godfather, his natural children, his minions, everything.”

“Natural children?” Buffy asked, somewhat stunned. “How the hell does a vampire have natural children? Of course,” she blushed, “I guess we all know that’s not impossible, huh?”

Giles blushed profusely, seemingly embarrassed by the mention of Vampires, natural born children and his Slayer.

“Yes,” he muttered, “not impossible at all, eh?”

“Well, this has been just grand, Giles,” Buffy sighed sarcastically, “but I need to get home. I’ve already missed my midnight snack with Jimmy. Been too busy screwing around, trading quips with Riley and having a headache over this whole mess.”

“Buffy,” Giles murmered out to her as he watched her head to his front door. “I’m sorry, dear,” he sighed heavily when she glanced back at him. “Sorry for so many things.” His blue eyes were filled with regret.

“I’ll be back, tomorrow, in daylight, Giles,” Buffy called back as she left his house. She seemed to blow off her Watcher’s apology. “We’ll look at that big book then, together.”


Spike felt a sudden sense of ‘déjà vu’ as he approached the two story house at 1630 Revello Drive. His first instinct was to crash in through the front door of that house, track down both Buffy and their son, James and drag them out with him. No questions asked.

That little plan was thwarted when Spike grabbed the front doorknob and hit an invisible barrier. He had intended on yanking the front door off of it’s hinges, if necessary.

“The bitch!” he hissed angrily, “she’s put a ‘deinvitation spell’ around this fucking place! On me!”

Actually, Spike was more ‘hurt’ then angry. That his woman would de-invite ‘him’ Spike the Master Vampire and her lover? From her own home? From his son’s home?

“I’ll spank her luscious arse til it’s bright blood red,” he hissed to himself. “The little bitch, had no right to ever make me leave in the first place.” Spike felt a wave of lust shoot through him. The thought of spanking his Buffy’s little bare bottom was quite appealing to him. After all this time, Spike was practically bursting apart at the seams with want for his Buffy.

A new sense suddenly invaded Spike’s body and mind, causing him to look around the front yard of the house.

‘Buffy,’ he realized immediately. Spike could ‘feel’ his mate for miles and he realized that she was, at this moment, outside somewhwere, heading here, to the house.

Although Spike had not ‘claimed’ Buffy, in the literal sense. He did consider her his mate and as such, he could ‘feel’ her from great distances.

Stepping behind the huge oak tree, next to the Summers home, Spike meshed himself in with the shadows. Hidden there, somewhat, Spike waited for his lover to appear.

“I’ll wait until she is within range,” he said to the protective cloak of night. “I’ll grab her before she can sense me, make her break the de-invite spell and force her to take me to our son.”

When he saw Buffy come into view, Spike felt his unbeating heart nearly kick back into action. She was beautiful, more so in person then any of the his picture momentos he’d taken with him when he left.

His Buffy wore black leather pants, a red halter that barely covered her flesh and little black, lethal boots. She was twirling a stake in her right hand, non-chalantly, humming some tune.

“Wait a minuted,” Spike growled, softly. “Why the fuck is she wearing that get up to slay? If she’s been out, on a date with some fucking git, I’ll…” his jealousy rushed up to engulf him.

“Oh, Gods,” Spike murmered longingly, “I love her so much.” He quickly dismissed his anger with her at that very moment.

All of his previous, military plans of action flew out the window. The vampire could just stand and stare at his love. In total loving awe.

Buffy reached the front door of her house and took out the key to unlock it. Before she could manage to open the door, she hesitated and spun about, suddenly facing the front yard again.

Her spidey sense was going full force now. Buffy was afraid, but she was more then that. This ‘sense’ of hers, the one that betrayed nearby vampires and demons was a God send for her.

Now however, instead of the sense warning her of ‘danger’ nearby. This spidey reaction reminded her of something. A feeling from her past and present.

It was the same sense that Buffy got when she touched her son, Jimmy. The same sense, different then the ones that other vampires gave her. This was the warm, wonderful, sweet memory sense of her William. And at the moment, it was hitting her in huge waves.

“William,” Buffy called out into the dark night. Her heart was racing a million miles a minute.

“Hello Princess,” came that deep, British voice that Buffy so loved and missed.


A/N: Well now……

Giles definitely knows more then he’s telling Buffy. Can you guess what that is?

Spike will ‘see’ his son in the next chapter, but is Buffy just going to willingly hand herself and Jimmy over to him? (This is Buffy we’re talking about here).

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf