LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 5: ‘Gotta’ Love Family Reunions!’


“My God, Will,” Buffy gasped in complete (albeit momentary relief!) shock. “What the hell are you doing here?” She was pale as a ghost, she was sure. Okay, at least she felt as pale as a ghost, but since there was no mirror about?

“I,” Spike began, but suddenly found it hard to speak. He was so fucking overwhelmed at the moment, that he could barely put two words together.

This woman, this tiny slip of a female before him was the love of his unlife/life and they were here. Together, again. Spike could barely breathe (okay mute point, vampires did not need to breathe after all!). The Master Vampire, William the Bloody, was at a complete loss for words, for once.

“You promised,” Buffy spat at the formidable vampire, “you promised you’d never come back here.” She accused him with her harsh tone that alerted him to the fact that Buffy now remembered their deal and was over her moment of tender weakness. Gone was her soft, loving expression and now her wide green eyes shot fire at Spike. Her body stance said ‘I’m so gonna’ stake your arse blood sucker!’

“I had my fingers crossed at the time?” Spike offered with a smirk, resorting to sarcasm in this situation. Truth was, the Master Vampire was not quite so smug as he’d like to think or show. This was going to be tougher then Spike had thought it would be and he needed to think things out. Present his case and go from there.

“You had your fingers crossed!” Buffy exclaimed as she took a step backwards, to her front porch. “Oh for God’s sake, Will,” she hissed, “what self-respecting vampire crosses their fingers while making promises to never return. To never darken the doorstep of my home and my family’s. To not bring chaos and evil upon the Hellmouth that is all full up of crazy anyway and…..”

“Buffy,” Spike sighed in frustration, “darling you are beginning to sound like a fucking Anne Rice novel. Worse yet, you’re damn near morbid with drama and close to hysteria. So please. Do yourself a favor and shut the hell up, for a moment anyway!”

The Slayer closed her mouth, tightly and seemed to listen to the Father of her child’s words. This particular blond, extremely handsome, sexy and smart vampire had been Buffy’s bane of existence since he arrived in Sunnydale, three years before this.

“Why?” Buffy finally spoke, her tone was almost heart breaking to Spike. If he had a beating heart to break that is.

“Why am I back?” Spike asked, his blond head tilted to one side. His blue eyes wide with wonder as he scanned his ‘mate’ lovingly.

“Yes,” Buffy whispered, huskily as she averted her eyes from her ex-lover. Her son’s Father, even if he didn’t know it yet.

“Did you honestly think I could eternally stay away?” Spike inquired with a raised left brow. “Do you think, that I, William the Bloody, could ever keep away from my love? My mate?”
He scowled, his dark brows furrowed together as he took a step closer to Buffy.

“You promised,” Buffy said weakly. She felt the tiny, warm, traitorous tears begin to slip from her green eyes. Buffy thought about her son, James, tucked warmly and lovingly into his little bed, up in her room.

“Sometimes promises, made in the heat of the moment, are not so hard to break, Buffy my sweet,” Spike murmered as he stepped closer to her. He felt a tug at his heart when she stepped back, away from him, once again.

“I’ll ask you again,” Buffy said, harshly, coldly, “why are you back here?”

“For you,” Spike answered honestly. “Always for you. I could not stay away, my Buffy,” he sighed. “Not for another moment, could I keep away from you. I’ve waited three years to return to this place. To find you and claim you. You’re mine, Buffy,” Spike hissed as he closed the gap between them.

Spike grabbed Buffy into his strong arms and pulled her flush against his body. He took delight in the shiver he felt go up both of their bodies. After coming this far, Spike decided to go the full monty and lay everything on the table.

“I love you,” he whispered huskily, “always have. Always will. No false mortal promises will ever keep us apart, Buffy,” he said clearly. “No foolish words of complacency, while your fucked up friends and Watcher’s Council are brandishing torches and stakes? Did you think that your Watcher, your gang of weaklings and that group of assholes you work for? Did you think they would keep me from you? From my mate?”

“No,” Buffy hissed in defeat. “I did not think that you could stay away, forever that is. But now Will? Do you have any idea what is going down in the Hellmouth?” Buffy decided to get to the Hellmouth business at hand.

Spike nuzzled his forehead into Buffy’s and sighed loudly, “yes, baby. I have a very good idea what’s going down in the Hellmouth,” he responded honestly.

“The Aurileous Family, led by Marcus the Godfather himself is coming,” Buffy shook her head, fearfully. “They’re going to protect their turf from the Wu Tang Gang, led by Riley the ‘Moron’ Finneous. Riley was a friend of mine, you know?” She looked up, wide-eyed at her former lover, “he was my friend, Will. My…..”

“Lover!” Spike roared loudly, yanking Buffy’s head up to meet his gaze again. “Was that fuck your lover?”

“No,” Buffy answered weakly, ashamed of her timidness. “He was just a confidant, a friend, after you left me.”

“Left you?” Spike yelped with an indignant look. “You ran me off Buffy. Your gang and you, your Watcher and his babysitters, all of you made me go away from here. I didn’t want to. Wanted to stay, with you and your family. Take care of you and love you forever.”

Buffy tried to pull away from William, but to no avail. The vampire kept his grasp on her and would not let her loose.

“It’s still a matter of fact,” Buffy sighed heavily as she burrowed her head into William’s strong chest. “A freaking Vampire Mafia war is about to be launched, here, in Sunnydale and all of us are going to get caught up in it. Humans, demons, vampires, everyone is going to be sucked into this.”

“Probably,” Spike shrugged, almost indifferently. “But my main concern is you and…..”

“You know?” Buffy glared at William, a little stunned. “You knew when you came here that the Aurileous were on their way. That they’d be here, in the Hellmouth and make a play for their turf? That’s why you’re here, isn’t it, Will? To help the Godfather’s Family and make a big name for yourself?”

“No!” Spike hissed, “not just that. I came here for you, first. The gang war was just a convenient excuse to come here with back up.” He gazed into her eyes, trying to convince her that he was being honest.

“Excuse me?” Buffy growled, “convenient back up? What the hell is that supposed to mean, William?” She was past confused now, now she was pissed.

“It means, baby,” Spike nuzzled his forehead into hers, holding her tightly to him. “It means that I needed some back up, for when I returned to claim you, my mate. After all, sweet, with the entire brassed off villagers and Watcher’s council? I had to have some backing to march into here and claim you, right?”

“It was not villagers, Spike. This isn’t a Dracula or Frankenstein movie and it wasn’t the townspeople of Sunnydale. It was Giles, Xander Harris, our friend Gunn and a couple of employees of the Watcher’s Council. Good God, you call me dramatic! Besides, why the hell would the Aurileous Family back your return here? Just to claim me? Something’s not right here, William, explain, please!” Her mouth was set in an even, stern line and she tilted her own head sideways. Never breaking her and Will’s eye contact.

“Buffy…..” Spike began as he tightened his hold on her. “I…..” but before he could finish, his Slayer suddenly flinched, her eyes grew even wider in understanding.

“You’re an Aurileous!” she gasped, answering her own question.

“Guilty,” Spike sighed, suddenly sorry he had not told Buffy before about his ‘Family’ ties. “I’m Marcus Aurileous’s oldest natural born son,” he mumbled, unsure of Buffy’s next reaction.

“Spike!” she hissed and tried to pull away from him. She failed. Will was always stronger then her, he just never unleashed that strength on her.

“My God, you’re Spike!” She suddenly realized everything, right at that moment. Now, it all made sense. A vampire who got a Slayer pregnant? Impossible, except for the Godfather’s Family members.

“You son-of-a-bitch!” Buffy screamed as she struggled against Will, or Spike, or what ever the fuck his stupid name was. “You could have told me, let me know you would be coming, anything to make this easier.”

“How?” he asked quietly. “Just how or for that matter, why the fuck would I? You sent me away. Would you have just said, ‘oh sure, Will,’ come on back and help kick Finn’s arse. We’ll forget the part where I ran you off, made you miserable and sent you away from the only things in your unlife that ever made sense.’

His expression was full of anger and his voice was bitter, even for a vampire. Buffy suddenly felt ‘afraid’ of William. She had never, ever felt afraid of her ex-lover, not before this.

“Besides,” Spike spat out, harshly, “isn’t there something you’d like to ‘tell’ me while we’re on the subject?” He gave Buffy a ‘stare’ that cut right through her.

“You know,” Buffy whispered, pale again, she was sure. “You know about…”

“Our son? Yeah, you could say I do. At least I found out, only about five days ago.” He looked like he could just about kill her right now, and Buffy thought better then to ‘argue’ with him or try and deny it. It would be useless, anyway. The truth was out and William was here, with her, in Sunnydale. With their son, together.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Buffy sighed, sadly, “if you came back, for either of us? What do you think the Watcher’s Council would have done? To me, to you and to our son? They would have had you and I murdered and taken James away. Probably to some God damned Watcher’s medical horror show and run all kinds of experiments on our baby. Fucking bastards that they and Quentin Travers are.”

Spike could tell that Buffy was about ready to cry, which was bad news. He could never, ever resist the tears of his Buffy. So, he tried to deter the waterworks and said softly, “you gave him my middle name.”

She nodded, slowly and told him that she felt it would be safe, that way. Give him Will’s middle name and not his first. “I felt like I owed something to you, Will,” she murmered, suddenly embarrassed by the show of her tender side.

“Oh, Buffy,” Spike sighed as he leaned in to kiss her lush little mouth. “I’ve missed you so…”

Buffy hated herself for being so damn weak, but there it was. She was kissing Will’s beautiful mouth with her own. Allowing him to completely engulf her being with his. He had always had this affect on her. From day one, even back in the beginning. When he’d come to Sunnydale to kill a Slayer. Instead? He’d arrived, found her out and that’s when the stakes of the game had changed. William tracked her, Buffy, down and as he would tell everyone later? He had been smitten on first sight with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

It wasn’t too long before Buffy had returned his feelings and their wonderful, if somewhat tumultuous affair had began. Who the heck knew it would result in what it did? A hybrid son with powers that no one may ever understand.

Buffy pulled back from Will, she knew her green eyes showed her confusion and fear. “Will, I…..”

“You what?” Spike moaned as he pulled her in for another kiss. “Is this where you tell me that you’re sorry you ever met me? That you no longer love me? That our son was a mistake?”

“No,” Buffy gasped in defeat, “it’s just that I’m frightened. For our son, for James. Your family, the Wu Tang? You both want our Jimmy, for different reasons, but then maybe not. Tell me, William,” Buffy continued, harshly, “your Father, Marcus? I just bet he’s ‘dying’ to meet his grandson, huh?”

Spike hung his head in shame, “yes,” he whispered in a cracked voice. “My father is desperate to meet James, but not for the same reason I am. Where is my son, Buffy?” The vampire asked, gruffly.

“Gone,” Buffy answered quickly, biting her bottom lip with her top teeth. “I sent James away, with Mom and Dawn. To Los Angeles. Thought it was best, for now and…..”

“I want my son!” Spike roared loudly, tightening his vice-like grip on Buffy. “Bring him back, now!”

“You’ve got to be kidding,” Buffy growled, her eyes narrowed into slits. “Do you think that I’m going to allow you to waltz into town and take my son? To your fucked up family? Let either your ‘clan’ or Riley and his mifits get ahold of my baby?”

“I won’t let that happen, Princess,” Spike hissed, growing quite impatient with his girl. “Besides, if I take James, you go with us, period. You are my family Buffy. My son and you. First and foremost, I’ll never take my boy from you. You come with us.”

“And do I have a say in this Will?” Buffy mumbled angrily, “any say at all? What if I don’t want…..”

Buffy’s tirade was interrupted by a light, squeaking voice, coming from the front door of the Summers’ home.

“Mummy?” little James cried out into the front yard. “Why are you out there, in the dark? Come in, Mummy.”

“Jimmy!” Buffy cried in horror, “stay inside, don’t come out. I’ll be in soon, please baby.”

“My son,” Spike whispered in awe, staring at the little miracle that peered out from the front door. The vampire still did not release Buffy from his embrace.

“James,” Spike said evenly, as he spun Buffy around to face their son, his strong arms clasped her to his taut body. “I thought you told me that our boy was in LA?” Spike hissed under his breath to Buffy.

“I had my fingers crossed,” Buffy hissed back, sarcastically.

“Invite me in, boy,” Spike smiled benevolently at the blond, blue eyed child. “Ask Spike to come in to meet you proper.”

“Jimmy,” Buffy pleaded, desperately, “don’t do it. This is, this ‘man’ is…” she couldn’t finish as she had no idea just what to say.

“Invite me in, James,” Spike purred, “or I’ll take your Mummy away with me, right now. To a place where it will be very hard to find her.” He grinned proudly at his tough looking little son, who suddenly seemed much older then two. At least to him. The boy scrunched his fair brows together, as if to ponder his options.

“No Jimmy!” Buffy screeched, still trying to break from William’s grasp. “Don’t ask this ‘man’ in, he’s a scary man.”

“Why are you scaring our Mummy, Daddy?” Jimmy asked softly, totally confused by now. “If you love us, why are you scaring us? I know you, I know what you are, but why are you making my Mummy cry?”

“Daddy?” Spike gasped, nearly letting go of Buffy, but not quite. “He knows who I am?” the vampire asked in awe.

“Our son knows a lot,” Buffy hissed, still struggling against her son’s father. “I suppose it’s the vampire in him. That he can recognize his own father. He started putting sentences together by eight months and…..”

“Ask Daddy in, James,” Spike murmered, gently to his boy. “Ask Daddy in and I’ll bring Mummy to you. I don’t want to make Mummy cry. I love both Mummy and you, so much James.”

“Come in Daddy,” James William Summers ordered his Father, coolly. The barrier that surrounded the Summers’ home immediately lifted, at least for the Master Vampire, Spike.


A/N: Okay, that was tough. Anyway, someone asked that I make Spike at least a little ‘evil’ so I threw in the Buffy hostage thingy. Now we know that Spike would never have taken off with Buffy and not their son, so…..Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf