LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 6: ‘What Now?’


Spike practically lifted Buffy up in his arms and carried her into her own home. Even after entering the Summers’ house, the vampire did not let loose of his woman.

Little James stood, stock still and wide-eyed, staring at the Vampire in awe. However, Spike noted, the boy did not look at him in shame or fear. This brought a ‘warm’ almost fuzzy feeling (okay, this is a little ‘yuk yuk’ kind of sentence!) to the Master Vampire, especially when the fair haired brunette child sidled up to his parents and tugged at Spike's leather duster.

“Will you put Mummy down now, Daddy?” James asked in a clear, albeit small voice. “I want to really look at you.”

Spike almost dropped Buffy out of shock, but caught her then gently set her down, feet first, on the floor. He watched as his Buffy took their son up in her strong arms and cuddled him to her body, desperately. “Will,” Buffy whispred in a strained voice, “please, please don’t do this.”

“Please put me down Mummy,” James asked, ever so politely, “I want to ‘see’ my Daddy. Take a good look at him.” Spike was stunned when a tearful eyed Slayer set her son, gently, down on the floor.

James sauntered up to Spike (something the vampire found quite familiar, in his boy’s gait that is) and crooked his left index finger at his father. “Come down here,” James ordered, firmly.

What could Spike do? He obeyed his two-year-old miracle child and kneeled on the floor in front of him. That’s when he realized exactly how blue little Jimmy’s eyes really were.

The hybrid child, son of Slayer and Vampire, reached out and ran his tiny but long left fingers down his father’s chiseled face. James scrunched up his darker brows, together, and tilted his little head to one side, a small scowl on his beautiful face. Finally, after a few moments of scanning Spike’s features, the boy broke into a wide, happy grin.

“You look like me!” Jimmy crowed, gleefully. He turned to look at his mother, who was now huddled on the couch, tears streaming down her own cheeks. “He looks like ‘me’ Mummy!” Jimmy repeated with childish joy.

“Yes, baby,” Buffy murmered, staring at her miracle child, “Daddy does look like you. I mean,” she ammended, “you look like him.”

“I,” Spike began, weakly, choked up with emotion. “I don’t know exactly what I look like, poppet,” he reached out and ran his own long, slim fingers down Jim’s face.

“That’s because you can’t see yourself, in a mirror,” Jimmy stated proudly. “Mama told me all about it. You can’t see yourself, in a mirror, but I can!” The boy was giddy with this special power and Spike felt like bursting into tears over this display. Spike wanted to grab up his son and hold him, securely, until the end of time, but feared he might scare the boy.

“I thought you’d be taller,” Jimmy scowled again, his brows once more furrowed together. “Mama said you were a giant!”

Spike grinned up at Buffy, who blushed profusely and averted her green eyes from him. She shrugged, apparently trying for indifference at the moment.

“He speaks like a young adult,” Spike whispered in awe of his new found son. “I can’t believe this, he’s like, ten or something!”

“Told you,” Buffy whispered in a cracked voice of emotion, “our Jimmy is ‘special’ and knows more then you’d think.”

“I want to see your fangs, Daddy,” Jimmy whispered as he scrutinized his father’s mouth. “Let me see your special fangs, please, Daddy?”

Spike reared back and shot a look of surprise at Buffy, his blue eyes were wide with shock. His expression a mix of stunned awe and delight at his brave little boy.

“There’s not much you can ‘keep’ from our son, Will,” Buffy whispered. She stared, proudly, at their little man who stood up to his father like a soldier.

“I have them too,” Jimmy whispered, reassuringly to Spike, “mine are ‘permonent’ on me. At least that what Mummy says.” The boy grinned at his father, obviously proud to have such wonderful ‘teeth’ in his two-year-old mouth.

“They are,” Buffy murmered softly, “permanent, like Jimmy says. He’s had them from day one.” She explained this to the stunned Master Vampire. “Don’t know how I’m going to explain this one to the denist, when it’s time for Jimmy’s first check-up I mean.”

“Please, Sir,” Jimmy pleaded as he tried to lift his father’s lips to reveal his gums and teeth. “I should like to see your fangs?”

“Don’t call me ‘sir’ Jimmy,” Spike growled, albeit gently. “I’m your father, not a fu…”

“Will!” Buffy gasped at her ex-lover’s profanity. “Not in front of our son!”

“I am not your drill sergeant, son,” Spike cooed as he touseled Jimmy’s fair hair. “I’m your father, no,” he continued, tenderly, “make that your Daddy.”

“Show me?” Jimmy grinned up, coyly at his father, his blue eyes alight with glee. “Show me your ‘teeth’ Daddy,” Jimmy giggled, tapping his father’s right cheek with his fingers.

“Just like your Mum,” Spike chuckled, affectionately, picking up on his son’s ability to ‘con’ anyone into anything. With Buffy’s little pout, she had seduced him as sure as he had done the same to her.

Spike looked over at his love, Buffy and waited for her to nod her approval. She did, and he shook his own blond head, quickly, bringing on the semi-demon of his personality.

When he had brought out his demon, somewhat, Spike showed his son his own, sharp, lethal fangs. Spike thought his boy might just cower in fear and misunderstanding, but he didn’t. Jimmy reached out his left hand and touched the sharp fangs of his father, with his little finger.

“Pretty!” Jimmy chortled as he tinged his father’s left fang with his fingernail. “Look Mummy,” Jimmy glanced at Buffy, “Daddy’s fangs are pretty, pretty as mine!”

“Yes, baby,” Buffy mumbled, “they are, aren’t they?” She shot Spike a warning look and noticed that her ex was pretty teared up by now.

“Baby,” Buffy whispered as she got up from the couch and picked Jimmy up. “It’s bed time, sweetie,” she continued softly. “Mummy’s got work tomorrow and you need to go to day care. Granny Joyce is due at the Gallery. It’s late, baby,” Buffy shot William, or Spike, or whatever, another sharp look.

“Our son needs his rest,” Buffy pouted at William, who looked as if he was about to break down in tears. “I have to report, to the Double Meat Palace, by 7:00 AM, tomorrow. My Mom takes Jimmy to day care and…..”

“What’s this Double Meat shit!” Spike growled, his voice dripped with menace. “It sounds like a lot of bullshit to me! What is it!”

“A job,” Buffy hissed, quite exasperated with her ex by now. “It’s a job, at a fast food place. Pays the day care and bills, anyway,” Buffy sighed, with a roll of her green eyes, “what else am I supposed to do? My qualifications are pretty limited Will,” she continued, sadly, “I kill demons for a living. Not much call for that skill in the real world. So, I will go into the DMP tomorrow, as usual, and flip burgers for a living.”


“Like bloody hell you are!” Spike growled, shocking both Buffy and little James. “You call in tomorrow, tell this Double Meat place that you quit. I’m here now. I take care of my mate and our child!” He glowered at Buffy, causing her to cower back from him, momentarily that is.

“We’ll discuss this later,” Buffy hissed as she headed up the stairs to her and Jimmy’s room. “My son needs his sleep!” She ignored the vampire that followed her up the stairs and into the makeshift bedroom/nursery.

“Well,” Spike murmered from behind Buffy, his left arm snaked about her tiny waist. “This room certainly brings back fond memories, eh luv?” He chuckled, ever so softly into her ear, dissapointed when Buffy pulled away from him.

“Can Daddy tuck me in, Mummy?” Jimmy asked in his angelic voice. “It’s his turn, right Mummy?” Buffy could see her son’s blue eyes, the mirrors of his father’s orbs, shining up at her as she lay him in his little bed.

“Can Daddy?” Spike chuckled softly as he pulled the covers up over his son. “Can Daddy sing our son to sleep, luv?” He smiled, coyly at his ‘mate’ and winked, secretly at her.

“Well,” Buffy grumbled, “I suppose. As long as you don’t sing ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ or anything like that.” She plopped on the rocking chair by Jimmy’s bed and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“No, no,” Spike shook his head and threw his arms up in defeat. “No Stones, no Deo, no Sex Pistols, promise.” He grinned at Buffy, then at Jimmy and began to to hum an old tune. A nursery rhyme from the past. After a few bars of ‘music’ only, Spike began to recite the words to the tune:

‘Hush little baby,
don’t you cry
Daddy’s gonna’ sing
You a lullabye.

And if that lullabye
Don’t rhyme,
Daddy’s gonna’ give you
A brand new dime.

If that dime don’t
Shine, then Da
Is gonna’ give Jimmy
The ‘Gem of Amara’

And if….

“Okay, that’s enough!” Buffy hissed as she pulled Will from the bedroom and their son. Jimmy had passed out, exhausted within the first stanza of the ‘lullabye’ that William began minutes before.

Buffy nearly dragged Will down the stairs to the front living room, careful not to wake a sleeping Jimmy, Joyce and Dawn in the house. She stepped back from William and gave him her best ‘stern’ slayer look.

“So,” she began with pursed lips, “what now?” Okay, Buffy had a fearful inkling of just what Will was going to say, but she tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

“Now,” Spike purred, silkily as he closed the gap between him and his mate, “now I claim you, my love,” he grinned as he caught Buffy up in his arms, once again.

“Not so fast, Mister!” Buffy exclaimed. “What if I don’t want to be claimed, by you that is?”

“You better fucking want to be claimed by me!” Spike roared like a lion. “Doesn’t really matter though,” he shrugged, matter-of-factly. “I’m going to claim you and my son, anyway, so…..”

“Back off, blondie!” Buffy hissed, pushing him away from her. “I never said that I agreed to the claiming stuff. In fact…..”

Before she could utter another word, Buffy found herself being pulled into William’s strong arms, once again. His mouth found hers and began to ravenously devour it with his hot, fierce kisses.

Buffy began to melt into Will’s strong embrace and hot, needy kisses. She tried, really to resist her ex-lover’s seduction, but it was difficult. William was a persuasive ‘male’ and Buffy had missed him, apparently, he’d missed her too. At least his hardened erection, that now plowed between her thighs indicated as much.

“Tell me,” Spike hissed between kisses, “tell me you haven’t missed me, or this. The heat and passion between us? Tell me you could ever find this ‘ fiery thing’ with anyone else, alive or undead?”

“I have not…” Buffy began, defensively, “I have not,” she stammered. “I have not gone a day that I have not missed you Will,” she admitted, sadly. “Not a day that I have not wanted you here, with me and our son. I am a weak, simpering fool, William,” she hung her head in shame.

“You are a woman in love, baby,” he sighed into her soft, warm hair. “My woman, in love with me. Just as I am with you. There has not been an hour, Buffy, an hour that I’ve not wanted to come here, take you away with me. I love you so much. And now? To know that we have a son together? My whole existence means something, finally, my sweet. The darkness in my unlife is flooded with the light of you and James. How can anyone, alive or dead ask me to give that up?”

He gazed into Buffy’s green eyes, hoping beyond hope that she could read the sincerity in his blue ones.

“I came here,” he continued, staring into his mate’s eyes, lovingly, “over oceans and land to find and claim you. ‘You’ are my life, Buffy, my Queen, my Goddess. My everything. Our son,” Spike began to choke up and had to look away from Buffy. He didn’t want her to see his weakness, at least where his own little family was concerned.

“I, I have obligations, Will,” Buffy stuttered, her eyes filled with pain. “Obligations as a Slayer, to the Watcher’s Council and Giles. To Sunnydale, and the world. How do I walk away, just like that?” She snapped her fingers and shook her head with a snort. “I don’t,” she finished sadly, “that’s how.”

“Like bloody hell you don’t!” Spike roared as he lifted Buffy up into his arms and pulled her legs about his waist. “You ‘are’ mine. You and our son! I’ve been weak, before, where you’re concerned Buffy,” he growled as he pinned her body back up against the nearest wall. But now?” He growled again and shook his head, bringing on his demonic guise. “No more games, Princess,” he threatened as he buried his mouth into her neck.

While Spike ran his lips and fangs down Buffy’s quivering neck, he pulled at her halter top. He held her up, about his waist with his left hand and pulled at her leather pants with his right.

“Mine!” he rasped as he pulled her pants down with his hand and began to grind his hardened erection into the place between her thighs. “You’re mine!” He repeated, harshly.

Buffy felt herself being overwhelmed by Will, just a little reluctantly. Of course, she knew she had numerous duties set upon her. Her mom, Dawn, James foremost and the Slayer duties that were her burden. But, oh, to just release her destiny to her William. Let him claim her, take care of her and Jimmy. Make everything all right again with his love and power.

Just before Spike could rip off Buffy’s thong and thrust into her, a loud, powerful roar echoed through the Summers home:

“SPIKE!”

“What the?” Both Vampire and Slayer cried in unison, being momentarily yanked from their mutual lustful daze.

Buffy slipped down from Will’s waist and planted her feet, firmly on the floor. She rushed to the front window and peered out, William was right behind her.

Both of their ‘senses’ were on full alarm now and while Buffy gasped in shock, Spike chuckled in recognition.

“Who the hell are they?” Buffy gasped loudly. She felt her spidey sense on full alert, but oddly enough, she sensed no real danger from the sight before her.

“That,” Spike grunted, “would be my family, sweetness,” he reached about his woman’s waist and pulled her to him.

“Damn!” Buffy exclaimed, “are all of the Aurileous family gorgeous?” She squinted out the window and took in the five beautiful male vampires in her front yard.

“Well,” Spike gushed, proudly, “we are quite handsome, eh? Can’t say we’re not proud of the fact that…Hey!” he growled again, pulling Buffy up to him, tighter, “I’m the only vampire you’re supposed to think is gorgeous!” His jealousy reared it’s ugly head and Spike felt like spanking his soon to be wife on her arse, hard that is.

“Don’t be such a damn baby!” Buffy hissed, her eyes trained on the outside yard. “What the hell are they doing here, anyway?”

“I suppose Pops wants to meet you, and our son,” Spike chuckled, even though he was a little pissed that his ‘claiming’ ritual had been interrupted by his well meaning family.

“No way!” Buffy cried as she pulled away from William and started for the stairs. “My son is off limits, to your Father, your family and the rest of the vampire rhythm nation. I’m not going to let…..”

But she could not finish, Spike had grabbed her from behind and lifted her over his shoulders. Buffy began to kick her legs and feet on the Master Vampire’s back, as her hands beat at his chest.

“Put me down,” she hissed, angrily. “You put me down William, or Spike or whatever the hell your name is. I am not going to ask your relatives in my house and give them full reign over it. I’ll let them tie me up and burn me first, you hear me!”

Spike laughed, loudly, as he opened the front door of the Summers’ home and strode outside. His Slayer, his love and future bride was securely hoisted over his left shoulder.

“Wouldn’t think of having you break your precious ‘barrier’ luv,” he chuckled wickedly. “Or your precious neck, my sweet. But,” he continued, “can’t see a reason for you not to come out and greet your future in-laws. Can you?”


A/N: I was so going to have Buffy ‘meet’ the Godfather and the rest of the Aurileous boys in this chapter. However…I wanted to have a kind of comical meeting between her and them and there wasn’t enough space or time! Besides Marcus, Angelus and Connor, there are two other vampires in Buffy’s front yard. Can you guess who? Okay…I’ll tell you; Wesley Pryce the now turned ex-watcher and Charles Gunn the once ally of the Scoobies in Sunnydale!

I am hoping to make the meeting between Buffy and Marcus the Godfather a little funny, scary and maybe even campy! We might even find out ‘why’ Riley wants Buffy and James in his camp?

So, please read and review! Thanks, luv, Spuf