Chapter 21 – Trust is Enough


“Who are you talking to?” Buffy asked, toweling off her wet hair as she walked into the bedroom, seeing Spike hang up the phone.

“No one,” he said quickly, trying to avoid her eyes and at the same time, keep his eyes off the exposed skin that was barely covered by the terrycloth wrapped around her body.

“Oh,” she said softly, biting her lip as a wave of insecurity seemed to wash over her. “Okay,” she murmured, grabbing her clothes before turning back toward the bathroom.

“What’s wrong, pet?”

“Nothing,” she replied, her voice a little too enthusiastic for Spike’s comfort level.

“Buffy.” Spike tilted his head to study her rigid posture before continuing, “Talk to me.”

Tossing the clothes on the bathroom counter, Buffy slowly turned to face him, clutching at the towel with one hand as the other tugged at the bottom of it, wanting more coverage as she took a deep breath. “I’m better now,” she said softly, slowly raising her eyes to his and seeing the confusion in them. “I know my being here has probably been a huge inconvenience, so I can leave whenever you need me to.”

“Where did this come from?” Spike asked, standing up to walk over to her and trying to smother the panic that was rising up in him.

“Spike, I’m intruding on your life,” she said, trying to force a smile on her face as she gestured around the room. “I mean, look at you. You can’t even make a phone call in privacy without worrying about me overhearing something.”

“Is that what this is about?” he asked, coming to stand in front of her. “The phone call?”

“It’s about everything,” she murmured, trying to make him understand where she was coming from. “I just think it’s time I give you some space.”

“Don’t want space, pet. I want you.”

“I want you, too,” she whispered, feeling more confident when his hands came up to rest on her bare shoulders, pulling her against his chest. As desire seemed to race through her, Buffy nearly jumped back, shocked at the unusual feeling. Looking into his eyes, she let a purely feminine smile play on her face.

Abandoning her hold on the towel, she could see Spike’s eyes darken with lust when it slipped down, exposing another inch to his gaze. Letting her hands trail along his chest, traveling lower until she was pulling at his shirt, his hands slowly came up to cover hers.

“Buffy, we don’t have to do this,” he said softly, shocked that he had the willpower to even say the words as she stepped back and let the towel fall to the floor.

“I know,” she said with a soft smile, closing the distance between them once again. “But what if I want to do this?”

“I-I don’t want you to think…”

He trailed off, suddenly feeling nervous, closing his eyes when one of her hands briefly ran along his cheek in a soothing motion, slowly relaxing beneath her touch.

“I trust you, William,” she whispered, pulling his shirt over his head. “I trust you,” she repeated, knowing that he needed the reassurance.

Gently pushing him toward the bed, Buffy could feel his eyes on her as he sat down, pulling her with him to straddle his lap. Biting her bottom lip as she ran her hands over his exposed muscles, she felt her breath catch in her throat when his hands gently brushed along the expanse of her back, immediately relaxing her. She’d never felt anything like this with Parker. His sexual motto was always want, take, have, but Spike was different. He didn’t shove her down on the bed and touch her anywhere he pleased. He gave her what she needed, allowing her to set the pace.

Pushing herself up to her knees, Buffy maintained eye contact with Spike as she reached for his belt, slowly divesting him of the last remainder between them until they were both naked. Giggling when Spike grabbed her butt and lifted her, moving back on the bed, she could see the relief on his face as she relaxed beneath his touch.

Their lips met in a tender kiss, causing Buffy to practically melt into his touch as his tongue gently caressed hers. Letting their lips brush together until they were each completely relaxed, Buffy moved to change their positions, unused to being in such a controlling position.

“Don’t,” Spike murmured, gently biting her neck and smiling when she gasped as his hand gently palmed her breast.

“But don’t you want…”

Trailing off when her breath caught in her throat as Spike gently rolled one of her nipples, she watched as he slowly pulled back to look at her.

“If you want to move, I don’t mind, pet, but I want you to have all the control you want.”

Smiling at the thoughtful gesture, Buffy brushed her lips against his in a tender caress before pulling back to look into his eyes. “I love you,” she whispered.

The shock in his eyes nearly had her giggling as a smile slowly crossed his face. “I love you, too,” he said softly, his voice shaking with emotion. Buffy noticed the trembling in his body and gave him a gentle smile as she ran a soothing hand along his cheek, slipping her other hand between their bodies and positioning him at her entrance.

“W-we don’t have to-”

“Shh,” Buffy whispered, placing a finger over his lips. “I know we don’t…but I’m ready. Are you?”

“God, yes,” Spike murmured, closing his eyes as his lips met hers in a frantic kiss.

Not giving him time to think or react, she thrust her hips against his with a sharp intake of breath. Seeing the look of awe and wonder on his face, Buffy smiled, relaxing against the feel of his body. Neither moved as she adjusted to him, feeling her inner muscles reflexively tighten around him, unused to the new feeling of making love for the first time.

Moving together with a slow pace, Spike pressed his forehead to Buffy’s shoulder, trying not to lose control as they rocked together, his hands loosely holding her back. “I’ve wanted you for so long,” he whispered in a choked voice, feeling her hand tenderly stroking the back of his neck as she met each of his thrusts.

Pulling back after a few minutes, Spike crushed his lips to hers in a desperate kiss, needing to make sure that this was real, that the woman he loved was really here with him and it wasn’t some elaborate dream.

Feeling her inner muscles clamp around him, Spike saw the shock and surprise drift over her face. “Let it go, baby,” he murmured, realizing that she’d never felt this before. Speeding up her thrusts, Buffy let her head fall to his shoulder, gently biting down on his skin, letting it muffle her scream of pleasure. Spike quickly followed her over the edge, seeing her sit up as she continued to move above him, claiming her lips in a desperate kiss. Letting their tongues stroke together for a moment before breaking away for air, Spike pressed his forehead against hers. “I love you so much,” he whispered, smiling as she collapsed on him.

“That was amazing,” she said breathlessly.

“I’ll second that,” he said with a grin, kissing the top of her head as he tried to catch his breath. Enjoying the simple feel of laying together, still intimately joined, Spike let his hands run through her hair. “It was a private investigator,” he said after a moment, earning a look of confusion from Buffy.

“What was?”

“That’s who I was talking to,” Spike continued, brushing the hair off her forehead as she turned to prop her chin on his chest. “I called him about a week ago to see if he could come up with anything on Abrams for the trial.”

“And?” Buffy asked in a shaky voice, holding onto him with a forceful grip as she waited.

“He wants to meet with me and discuss it.”

“I want to go,” she said, sitting up a little bit as she looked into his eyes.

“You sure?”

“Yes,” she replied with conviction in her voice.

“Alright, sweetheart,” he murmured, brushing a kiss to her forehead.





Thanks so much to: gypsy_jin, Blazing Fire, ebontier, Caitie, spuffette, Tasha, Sevvy_O, Lindsay, phantomwriter, Baby Spikes, Amanda, Crystal Pegasus, BuffyRat, Re, BuffyandSpikeForever, pj, Jade2099, Jessica, Brunettepet & Nemesis for reviewing!