Author's Chapter Notes:
Yep, this is it. It's been a hellish ride (for both me and Buffy) so I hope you enjoyed the story- angst and all. I don't want to say it was a lot of fun to write, because the content won't allow me to say that, but I am very protective over this one (rightfully so) and I hope you liked it. Even if it wasn't 'entertaining', I hope it was...something. Thank you for all of the supportive reviews, letting me know that I got into the psyche of an abused woman- that's what I aspired to do and it wasn't fun, but it's very fulfilling now that it's over.
Chapter 24 – Ever After…


6 Months Later


“How did it go?” Angel asked as Buffy and Spike walked into the house.

“Guilty on all counts,” Spike said with a smile, pulling Buffy closer to him and nuzzling her neck. “Thanks to the star witness, here.”

“So Abrams gets to go on an extended vacation to the pen?” Faith asked, cuddling up to her boyfriend.

“That’s basically it,” Buffy said softly before turning to Spike. “I’m going to go upstairs.”

Watching her walk up the stairs, he sighed before turning to his friends. “I better go check on her. It’s been a long day.”

“Probably a good idea,” Angel replied sympathetically.

Loosening his tie as he made his way to the second floor, Spike cracked his neck, trying to soothe the tension from his body. He knew that whatever he was feeling, Buffy’s emotions were multiplied.

Opening the door to his room, Spike walked toward his bedroom, seeing her sitting on the edge of their bed, staring blankly at the wall. “Penny for your thoughts, pet.”

“Is it bad that I feel bad?” she asked, never raising her eyes to his.

“About what?” he asked, sitting down next to her and taking her hand in his.

“I know it’s what he deserves. I know that after what he did to his other girlfriend, it’s for the best that he can’t hurt anyone again, but…”

“You wish it could have been different,” Spike stated in a quiet tone, gently brushing the hair off her shoulders as Buffy nodded.

“A man just lost his entire future because he needs help.”

“And maybe he’ll get that now,” he said softly. “This is the best thing that could have happened, Buffy. You know that.”

“I know,” she whispered, finally turning her watery eyes to Spike. “I just wish I could have done something before everything got so out of hand.”

“I know, baby,” he murmured, gently cupping her cheek and running his thumb along her skin, relaxing when she leaned into his touch. “But it still wouldn’t have changed the fact that he killed a woman. I know you wish you could have helped him, and it’s only normal. It’s because you’re human. Because you’re a remarkable woman. There was nothing you could have done, Buffy.”

“It could have been me, Spike,” she whispered, shivering at the thought and letting him pull her close. “By all accounts, it should have been me.”

“But it wasn’t,” he said, reassuring her as his hand ran along her back in smooth circles.

“Because of you,” she murmured, looking up at him. “You got me away…kept me safe.”

“You got yourself out of it,” he said in a soft whisper, brushing his lips across hers. “I just gave you a place to stay.”

“You gave me more than that, Spike,” she said, looking up at him with wide eyes. “You gave me the strength to go on, when I thought I couldn’t.”

“And I’d do it again in a heartbeat,” he said with a gentle smile. “I love you, Goldilocks.”

“Show me,” she said softly, pushing the coat off his shoulders and slowly working on the buttons of his shirt.

Not one to question a request from the woman he loved, Spike eagerly stood up, pulling her with him and crushing his lips to hers while unzipping her dress. Feeling the fabric fall away from her body to pool on the floor, his hands ran along her silky skin.

Breaking away from her lips to kiss down the column of her throat, Spike suppressed a groan of desire when he felt her hands move to his belt, unbuckling and removing it with painful slowness.

“Need you,” he whispered against her lips, kicking off the rest of his clothes as he gently pushed her down on the bed, removing her panties with effortless ease, acquired after months of practice.

“Need you, too,” she murmured, eagerly locking her hands behind his neck and dragging him toward her, arching her body beneath his as she craved his touch.

Gasping when he thrust into her, Buffy clutched at his shoulders, feeling the sense of completion that only came when he was inside of her. Rocking his hips against hers, Spike pulled back to watch the play of emotions that crossed her face.

Meeting his gaze, Buffy tried to control the tremors that were racing through her, crying out as her body arched against his.

Gently brushing the hair out of her eyes, Spike tenderly kissed her forehead, speeding up his thrusts as he held onto her. The steady rhythm of their movements was slowly building a fire inside both of them, causing their bodies to tense as they became more frantic.

Meeting her lips in a soft kiss, Spike pulled back to look into her eyes. “I love you, Buffy,” he whispered.

“I know,” she replied with a gasp as he filled her again. “I love you, too.”

Seeing the tears in her eyes, his head tilted as he studied her for a moment. “You okay?” he asked, his voice laced with concern as his movements slowed down.

Pulling him more forcefully toward her, Buffy nodded. “Fine,” she said with a smile, arching her hips against his, encouraging him to speed up his thrusts.

After a few minutes, Spike could feel her body trembling, seeking her release. Reaching around her back, he pulled her more forcefully to him, plunging into her more powerfully. Gritting his teeth as her inner muscles clenched around him, he let his head fall to her shoulder, spilling himself inside of her welcoming body as she bit down on his shoulder, keeping her screams of pleasure muffled against his skin.

Feeling the tension practically roll out of him as he collapsed, Spike rolled to the side, pulling Buffy with him and trying to catch his breath as she lay on his chest.

“Never figured you for a biter, luv,” he said with a smile, lazily running his hand along her back.

“What can I say?” she replied with a giggle. “You’re mine.”

“Marking your territory?” Spike asked with a chuckle. Feeling her nod of agreement, a slow smile spread across his face. “Well, in that case…”

Buffy squealed when she suddenly found herself flipped over on the bed before Spike attacked her neck with playful nips. Finding the spot that he knew she loved, he let his teeth gently bite her skin before pulling away with a look of satisfaction. “Mine.”

“Yours,” she murmured, running her hand along his cheek with a soft smile. “And you’re mine.”

“Your everything?”

“My everything,” she whispered in agreement, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him closer to her. “My friend, lover, hero, and protector, all rolled up in one deliciously sexy package.”

“Is that right?” he asked with a smirk.

“Yeah, well…if I’m gonna have to look at you naked, it helps that you’re hot.”

Spike arched an eyebrow as Buffy giggled, letting her hands trail along his chest until he smiled.

“Don’t worry, honey,” she said with a sweet smile. “I’ll love you forever…even when you go bald.”

“Hey! Who says I’m going bald?”

“Oh, come on,” Buffy replied, trying to keep from laughing. “You can’t believe that you can use all that peroxide and not expect some bad side effects.”

Spike seemed to contemplate her for a moment before shrugging. “Well…as long as I still have you.”

“Don’t worry, Captain Peroxide,” she said with a smile, affectionately running her hand through his disheveled hair. “I’m here for the long haul.”

Closing her eyes as Spike pulled her closer to him, she breathed a sigh of relief when she heard his whispered reply.

“Me, too.”




~THE END~


Sevvy_O, Reciprocity, spufette, stace, Brittany, Amanda, Aisling, gypsy_jin, Tasha, pj, willowmouse, Caitie, Crystal Pegasus, Seraiza, Franchesca, baby spikes and BuffyandSpikeForever for reviewing!