Chapter Ten

As they approached the warehouse where Drusilla and the few minions left were waiting, Spike touched Buffy’s arm gently and she dropped back beside him.

“Don’t get too close to Dru, pet,” he said softly. “ Especially after she’s recovered.”

Buffy looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “You don’t think I can take Dru? I’m not Kendra.” She flushed when his eyes glittered and she realized she’d given away that in her time the other Slayer met her fate at his consort’s hands.

“I don’t want to find out which of you would win that kind of confrontation,” he said tightly. “An’ if she smells me all over you, there’s gonna be a confrontation, believe me.”

“Which one of us are you worried about, Spike? I mean, I’m just another Slayer, according to you. Why should you care if your “dark princess” kills me?”

The vampire ground his teeth and stretched his neck, trying to control his temper.

“I shouldn’t.” he said curtly. “But until I figure out why I do, no vampire touches you except me.”

“Slayer, here, Spike. Vampires touch me all the time. Or try to anyway.”

“You know what I mean. Are you TRYING to piss me off?”

She sighed and dropped her head.

“No, not really. I’ll stay away if I can. But, Spike?”

“Yeah?”

“She’s gonna know. She doesn’t need to smell us. She knows before we do.”

He nodded his head and sighed, “You’re probably right about that, pet. Bloody Miss Edith will tell her if nothin’ else.”

“Miss Edith?”

But the blond vamp just shook his head and walked faster to catch up with Angel. Buffy hurried after them and arrived at the door just in time to hear Drusilla scream.

“Daddy! My daddy is back! Look, Spike, Daddy is back and we can be a family again.”

The pale brunette vampire moved toward Angel as quickly as she could, a smile on her face. Then, she got close enough to really see him and she recoiled, hissing, “Not Daddy. Bad Spike to bring me this...thing.”

“Calm down, Dru,” Angel said soothingly. “It’s me. I’ve come to help you get well. Then you and Spike can go away to someplace nice.”

“Oooh, someplace with lots of lovely little children for me and pretty girls for my sweet William?”

Dru clapped her hands and began to spin around in circles, humming to herself.

Buffy cringed and fought back the urge to hurl her stake through the lunatic’s chest. As badly as she wanted Dru gone, and as much as her Slayer instincts were demanding that she remove this deadly predator, she knew Spike would never forgive her if she did.

Angel had approached the now twirling woman and was attempting to get her to stop dancing around long enough to see what he was offering. When he used his own fangs to rip open his wrist and held it in front of her nose, she stopped abruptly and immediately went into vamp face.

“For me?” she breathed as she took his wrist in her hand. “Is it for me, Daddy”

“Yes, Dru, it’s for you. Just enough to help you get strong again. So you can leave here.”

She put his wrist to her mouth and began to suck on it, shutting her eyes in ecstasy as she did so. As she pulled on his blood, Buffy was shocked to see a bulge grow in Angel’s pants and she gasped as he pulled the vampire to his body and fastened his fangs on her neck. Without releasing her hold on his wrist, Drusilla wrapped one leg around the other vampire and pressed her pelvis to his, moaning his name.

Beside her, Buffy felt Spike tense up and she glanced at him to see if she was going to need to restrain him from killing Angel. To her surprise, even though his fists were clenched tightly at his sides and she wasn’t sure she didn’t see tears in his eyes, he maintained his control and just continued to watch the woman he loved while she crawled all over her sire.

When she saw Drusilla unzip Angel’s pants and pull his cock out to slip under her dress, Buffy blushed like the sixteen year old whose body she was wearing and she tried to turn away. But Spike grabbed her arms and pulled her in close to his chest as he forced her to watch. She could feel his erection pressing into her ass and she unconsciously pushed back against him, eliciting a groan.

“Watch Slayer,” he whispered into her ear, his cool breath sending shivers down her spine. “Watch and learn what a vampire really is.”

“I don’t want to watch this, Spike,” she hissed at him. “And I can’t believe you want to watch it either. Let me go.”

“You really want me to let you go, luv? Are you sure about that?” he asked, rubbing himself against her warm body. “I thought you wanted me?”

“Not like this, I don’t. Let me go!” she struggled against the steel bands of his arms and to her dismay, she felt tears start in her eyes.

The instant he smelled her tears, he loosened his hold and to her amazement, he buried his face in her neck, murmuring how sorry he was and asking her to forgive him. She pushed him away and turned around to face him, only to find that he wouldn’t meet her eyes.

“What the hell was that!” she snarled.

“That was the evil one being a vampire,” said a cold voice behind them.

They both whirled to find Kendra standing in the entrance to the room, holding her stake in one hand and a sword in the other. Buffy unconsciously moved between Spike and the other slayer, ignoring his angry growl and putting out her arm to prevent him from getting in front of her.

“Kendra, you need to leave here. Please, listen to me. Just leave. They’ll be done soon and then Spike and Drusilla will leave and you can go back to...wherever...and worry about your local vamps.”

Instead of answering her, the other Slayer flew across the room and whirled her sword at Drusilla’s head. A large, meaty hand came up at the last second and grabbed her wrist, wrenching it so the sword fell to the floor. The female vampire turned languidly and without moving at all, she gestured to her eyes and said in a sultry voice, “be in me”. Kendra froze in place and before Buffy could say anything, the vampire’s talon-like fingernails had sliced the other slayer’s throat.

Buffy moaned and started toward the group, only to be stopped by Spike’s hand on her arm.

“Don’t, pet. Somethin’s not...”

Buffy looked at the tall vampire now leering at her and felt her blood run cold. She knew that face and those eyes. She still saw them in her nightmares every now and then.

“Angelus,” she breathed.

“Hello, lover,” he answered, licking his bloody lips.

“You need to leave, luv,” Spike whispered into her ear. “You can’t fight both of them.”

“Get her out of my town, Spike,” she responded as she whirled and flew out the door. She ran until her lungs were screaming for air, then sat down on the curb and sobbed into her hands.