Many, many thanks to all of you who have been following this fic and reviewing so faithfully. I'm sorry I haven't had time to respond individually, but I have been reading them every day and they are very appreciated.









Chapter Twenty-five



Spike stared into the pool of clear water, watching himself offering to leave Sunnydale if Buffy wanted it and he could barely keep from jumping into the vision in front of him.



“Are you completely off, you stupid git? She doesn’t want you to leave! She wants you to love her. Argh!”



His inarticulate snarls of rage had the PTB backing away from the furious vampire.



“What the fuck’s the matter with me? Him?”



“He is in a different dimension where things are happening in a way they did not in the one you came from. This Spike is still in love with Drusilla, has no chip, no soul, and barely knows the Slayer. He’s intrigued that she loves him, or her version of him, but he doesn’t know how to reciprocate yet.”



“That’s my Slayer in there? My Buffy?”



He looked at them for verification, even though they had explained several times what he was going to be seeing in the vision pool.



“Yes, as we told you, she has been sent into an alternate dimension with the memories of her own life intact so that she can perhaps alter things and have a happier life.”



“Since when do you lot worry about anyone’s happiness?” he asked suspiciously.



There was a whispered consultation between the two beings before the girl turned to him and said, “An effort is being made to reward the heroes of one dimension, while at the same time preventing some of the same problems from arising in this one. It was determined that the Slayer, if she had someone equal to the task at her side, could make that difference.”



“So, you want us to save the world in the water and if we incidentally make each other happy doin’ it, that’s our bonus?” His lifted eyebrow and the smirk that accompanied it clearly indicated he expected nothing more from them than more manipulation.



“Something like that, yes. It would be a crude way of putting it, but it is essentially correct,” the boy said stiffly.



“Well, I’m a rude, crude vamp, so don’t be getting’ your knickers in a twist about it.”



He looked into the pool again, watching himself carry Buffy up the stairs and into her bedroom. He looked back at the two oddly dressed beings again and asked quietly, “If it’s all about makin’ her happy this time, why isn’t the great poof in there instead of me?”



The girl made an annoyed face and hissed at him, “Would you pay attention? That is not the sixteen year old Slayer. It is – for lack of a better term – YOUR slayer. She does not want Angelus. She wants you. She has been mourning you for over a year. Until now, all we could do was offer her the version of you occupying this dimension. However, now that you have…changed planes again-“



“That PTB speak for died again?”



She looked momentarily uncomfortable, then said quickly, “You are neither alive nor dead at the moment. Until you decide what you wish to do, you are between planes.”



“I get to decide?” Disbelief was obvious on his face.



“Yes,” the boy broke in angrily. “You can choose to join her in that dimension and assist her to meet whatever dangers may come up, or you can go on to another plane and leave her with that version of you. You must decide soon. We have other matters to attend to.”



Spike looked back down at Buffy’s room, watching himself pulling roughly on her clothes, and running his hands over her body. He watched her touching his face gently, marveled at the love he could see in her eyes as she stared at the Spike pressing her body into the bed.



“Touch her, you stupid git,” he whispered. “She wants you to touch her now. And kiss her. She likes being kissed. Come on you bloody wanker, make it good for her.”



He watched in frustration as his doppleganger made love to his Slayer, knowing she was enjoying it, and yet confident it wasn’t what it should be for her because the blond vampire with his mouth on her clit didn’t know her body the way he did.



“Send me to her,” he said firmly, never taking his eyes off the couple on the bed. “Send me to her now!”



“Very well,” was the last thing he heard as his world went dark again.



*********************************************



Buffy moaned as Spikes talented tongue stroked along her outer folds and teased her into arching off the bed into his mouth. When he fastened his mouth around her clit and began to suck on it, she screamed his name and let the orgasm flow through her body.



Before she had completely recovered from that experience, a new one for this body, the vampire had surged up her torso and buried himself inside her tightly clenched warmth. She brought her legs around his back and pulled him into her body until she thought they might melt together.



Suddenly his vigorous thrusting was augmented by a slight twist at the end of each stroke. A twist that hit a little bundle of nerves only one man had ever located. As each touch on the spot only Spike knew about brought her closer and closer to another release, she threw her head back and made a keening noise. She ground her pelvis into his, not sure if she was keening from pleasure or from something else.



All she knew was that this felt like her Spike and the emotion that was bringing to the surface threatened to overwhelm her. Squeezing her eyes closed, she surrendered to pure sensation and let the emotion pulse through her, taking her someplace safe and wonderful.



She felt Spike begin to quiver as her muscles tightened around him and knew he was about to join her in a mutually explosive release. Reaching up with her mouth, she fastened her small little teeth on the skin of his throat and bit down as waves of pleasure washed over her. She heard Spike shout, “Buffy!” as he plunged into her, sending his cool semen to batter against the entrance to her womb. Then his fangs were on her neck and he sent her spiraling into another orgasm as he pulled long draughts of her rich blood into his mouth.



He soon stopped drinking, but remained inside her, cock still buried in her warm wetness and fangs still embedded in the skin of her throat. Slowly withdrawing his fangs and fading back into his human face, he whispered, “Mine,” as he laved the wounds closed.



“Yours,” she agreed, licking the droplets of blood coming from where she’d bitten his neck. “And you are mine.”



“That I am, love,” he said, raising his head and looking down into her surprised eyes.



“I love you,” she said, holding his gaze and preparing to hear him tell her he didn’t love her.



“Not as much as I love you,” was the totally unexpected answer.



“Wha-?” Buffy stared at him, taking in the softness of his gaze and the…soul?…she could see in there.



“Sp…Spike?” hope battled with hard-won experience as she watched his eyes fill with tears.



He began to slowly rock his hips, never taking his glistening blue eyes from hers and the slow comprehension growing there.



“It’s me, Buffy. I’m here. An’ I’m not leavin’. Not for Dru, or the poof, or the soddin’ Powers That Like to Mess With People. I’ll never leave you again. Be here till we’re both dust in the wind.”



“Did I die again? Am I back in Heaven?” She whispered in genuine bewilderment “Aren’t you already dust? Or ashes? Or something?”



“If I’ve got it figured out right – this is about as close to Heaven as either one of us is getting’ for awhile. Seems our talents are needed in this world and the PTB thought we’d do a better job if we were together.”



“You’re real? You’re really here and you’re my Spike?”



She ran her hands over his face, stroking the scar on his eyebrow, running her fingers down his cheekbone and touching his full lower lip. He pulled her finger into his mouth and sucked on it as he assured her, “ ‘M as real as somebody who keeps not dyin’ can be, love. And I’m definitely your Spike. Always was, always will be.”



He gently licked the claim he’d placed on her neck. “And you’re mine, Slayer. No half-assed marks this time. Want the whole world to see those.”



Throughout their conversation, he’d never stopped the gentle rocking of his hips and that small bit of friction had set up the inevitable urge for more. Suddenly Buffy flexed her muscles and flipped them over so that she was straddling him and squeezing her Slayer muscles around his cock.



“Oh, god, pet, I love it when you do that,” he gasped, thrusting up into her.



“I know you do,” she whispered back, as she slid up and down on him.



When he reached his hands forward and began kneading her breasts while she rode him, she moaned and leaned toward him.



“I missed you so much,” she breathed. “I missed your hands on me, missed the way you kiss me, the way you love me…”



“ ‘M here now, love. I’ll always be here; holdin’ you, touchin’ you, lovin’ you. Never let you go…”



His hands on her waist held her down while he pushed up with his hips, watching her face as she gasped and whimpered her way to her climax. When she collapsed on his chest, her ragged breathing signaling her inability to continue just then, he wrapped his legs around hers and pinned her to his body while he continued to thrust in to her.



The angle of his hips put more friction on her clit and she moaned in his ear as he whispered to her, “Come with me, love. One more time. Come with me, sweetheart.”



“Oh, Spike I can’t…I…”



“Yes, you can, love. I know you can. Come for me, love. Come with me, Buffy.”



“No…I…can’t…couldn’t… possibly…mmmmm…ooooh….Spike! “



His answering shout as he found his release in her, sent another small thrill through her exhausted body before she went limp on top of him. He held her boneless body cradled in his arms, his breathing as fast and ragged as her own. When he could move again, he shifted her off to the side where she stayed, one leg thrown over his and her head resting on his chest.



For long minutes they were silent, lost in all the possible ramifications of where they were and how they got there. The vampire was immersed in the scent and feel of his Slayer. The physical closeness they’d just begun to work their way back to when he’d had to use the power of his soul and the amulet to close the hellmouth had in no way prepared either of them for such a reunion.



“If the PTB are expecting us to save this world, they’re going to have to give me some time. I don’t think I could stop Xander from eating a doughnut right now.”



The deep chuckle that shook his chest sent a bolt of joy through her heart. She closed her eyes and gave silent thanks to the PTB for allowing them this second chance.



“I’m serious,” she said, with as much energy as she could summon. “I couldn’t stop a minor traffic accident right now, never mind an apocalypse.”



“Yes, you could, love. If you had to, you could.” He spoke with absolute certainty.



“Oh yeah? How do you know that? I might just be limp little Buffy for weeks.”



He chuckled again and pulled her up so that he could plant light kisses on her face and mouth.



“Because I know you, my love. I know you.”





The End





AN: I know many of you will think it's a cop out to end the story here, but it is as far as I wanted to take it just now. Obviously there is plenty of room for sequels, and obviously we are curious about 16 yr old Buffy and "her" Spike, but the focus of this story was post Season VII Buffy and she deserves to have her guy back. Perhaps, when the muse is in the mood, I will take it somewhere/somewhen else and answer some of these questions. But not today.