The young woman laughed with glee as the gay melody floated throughout the room. It had been a wonderful night; there was beautiful music, joyful dancing and elegant conversation. This party could not have gotten any better.

The young woman was brought out of her musings when there was a slight tap on her shoulder. Whipping her body around, she wasn’t surprised to see one of her many admirers standing there with a pleasant smile on his face.

"Dear Cecily, would you do the pleasure of accompanying me for one dance?" Henry Austen asked her politely; extending his arm but she just giggled, covering her mouth with her white-gloved hand.

"Oh no thank you Henry, I do not dance well." She continued to laugh.

The young man just shook his head amusingly at her, "now, now Cecily, I think you would float like an angel on the ballroom floor." He commented, taking her hand in his.

Cecily blushed at his loving words. Henry had a way with them and she admired that. Unlike William…ugh, she did not want to think about him. Thank goodness she had gotten rid of that boy.

"Your words are sweet, Henry." She whispered softly, letting go of his hand and took a step back from him, "but it is getting late and I must retire. But thank you ever so much for the offer." She nodded to him but before he could say anything else she turned around and headed out of the estate and into the streets of London.

She did not feel comfortable walking around at night alone. Pickpockets and thieves have become more and more abundant lately. Some victims of these crimes had even been found with their throats ripped out and their blood drained, or so she had heard.

Cecily pulled her shawl closer to her body as she quickened her pace down the street, but stopped when she felt a creeping feeling up her spine. It felt familiar and powerful. The power that pulled her caused Cecily to turn around.

"Oh my Lord." She gasped as she saw William standing there, alive.




~*~




Buffy furrowed her eyebrows as she heard the name leave William’s mouth. "Cecily?" She whispered to him and then looked in William’s direction to see a beautiful young woman standing there, staring at him with disbelief.

The female suddenly remembered what he had told her about this young woman. Buffy now understood the hurt and vengeful look that was embedded deeply into his dark blue orbs.

Touching his shoulder lightly she looked over at Cecily who was continuing to stand there across the street, looking dumbfounded. "What are you going to do about ‘er?" Buffy asked him sincerely, running her hand down the length of his arm, towards his hand, intertwining their fingers together.

"She hurt me. She made me this." William whispered hoarsely, giving her hand a slight squeeze and then finally turned his gaze from his former love towards his teacher and confidant. Buffy could see the rage that was building up inside him and placed a tender hand on his cheek. William let out a deep sigh as he felt her.

"Don’t be too long okay? It will be sunrise in a few hours." She told him gently, as she ran her hand down his cheek. "We do not want Angelus to go into one of his fits again." She giggled and then gently brushed her lips against his. This stunned them both for a minute while they stared at one another. Eventually though Buffy shook her head and nodded towards the nearby party. "I will be in there." She told him before walking off and leaving him to do his business.

William watched her go as a slight smile appeared on his face. She was a remarkablevampire and she had kissed him. Quickly though, he snapped his head back over towards his former love. He could feel his demon visage begging to be released and to rip the woman apart for what she had done to him.


~*~


Cecily didn’t know what was happening, but his eyes…they spoke to her in so many ways. They beckoned her to him. She had never looked at William’s eyes like this before but now that she did, she couldn’t pull away.

"William?" She whispered quietly to herself before he turned on his feet and headed into the alley behind him. She didn’t know how it happened, but for some reason her feet began to follow him into the alley. As soon as she entered the dark alley, Cecily brought her hand towards her nose. It seemed like death amongst the shadows. Too dark to see your own hand if you stuck it up in front of your face. The young woman began to walk until she reached a high wall that extended several feet above her head, the only light coming from the ghostly moon above her. That’s when she heard his voice.

"Hello Cecily," the vampire purred with twisted amusement as he hid from her in the darkness. He chuckled as she whipped her body around in circles, trying to look for him in the shadows. An alarmed look passed over the woman’s face as she searched for him but it was useless.

"Where are you?" She whispered with a slight stammer in her voice. Her eyes still searching for him, having no luck. The smell in the dank alley was getting worse. She couldn’t stand it and she wondered how he could, if it was really him. How was he alive? "Come out."

William smirked as he shook his head, "not your dog anymore pet. I’ll come out when I please." He told her in a deep rumbling tone. Feeling his anger for her course throughout his body.

"You come back from the dead to tell me more of your poetry William?" She said in a snotty attitude, her face mimicking pure annoyance towards the vampire in the shadows. She didn’t know if it was really him but even if it wasn’t she still felt a negative feeling towards him. "I told you before William, you’re beneath me."

Cecily was surprised when she heard a deep chuckle from the shadows.

"That may be luv, but I didn’t come here for poetry." He told her as he finally emerged from the darkness and towards her. The eerie glow from the moonlight bouncing off of his figure. A dark chill ran up Cecily’s spine when she saw him.

She could tell from the sound his voice that the sweet and shy tone he had once before was gone from his speech, and replaced with a dark and confident one. He seemed taller to her, and leaner. His spectacles had disappeared from his face, and his dark curly hair was swept away from his brow, giving her a clear view of the bright blue orbs that were his eyes. Once again as she stared into them, she felt as if she was in a trance.

"What…are you here for then?" She asked him dazed, still trapped in the color of his eyes.

"I have a surprise for you. Want to show you what I have become." He smirked as continued to walk towards her, backing the young woman into a nearby wall. She was trapped, there was no where to run.

"Go home William." She huffed as she tried to get her feet to start walking but it wasn’t working. He was doing something to her.

"No thanks." He grinned at her impishly, running his hands down the sides of her arms, "kind of like it here."

Cecily let out a short huff as she tried to wrench herself from his touch but he just tightened his grip on her when she did. "Let go of me William!"

"It always has to be about you doesn’t it?" He asked with venom, tilting his head to the side. "No one else matters but Cecily because everyone else in the world doesn’t live up to her stature. She couldn’t see what was right in front of her!"

Cecily let out a slight whimper at the tone of his voice, "William please." She begged now a look of fright set on to her face. She thought that would make him let her go but it didn’t work because he continued ranting.

"You broke my heart that night. I felt like you had ripped me in two and then chopped me into little pieces! I thought my life was over," he then smirked as he thought the irony of what he had said. "And it was in a way…so I just wanted to thank you…"

"F-for what?" The young woman stuttered as she looked up at the man in front of her that was holding her tightly.

"For making me into this." He hissed as the demon surged forward and growled at her deeply. "You like?" He chuckled deeply as his golden eyes sparkled with anger.

"Oh God!" Cecily gasped as she now tried to struggle away from him but his strength was no match for hers. She let out several small cries of help as she placed her hands on his chest and attempted to push him away but wasn’t able to.

"Don’t look so alarmed, luv, this is what you did. This was your fault!" He told her, looking down at her jugular with immense hunger. He had never felt like this before, he had never felt so primal and vengeful in his whole life. It felt unfamiliar to him but when he saw her, the urge and passion for blood hit his stomach hard. His stomach felt empty and heavy and his heart felt rage and a deep undying pain. He loosened his grip as he thought of that night that his life had been taken away from him, he watched it play over and over in his mind.

The moment of thinking was all Cecily needed to break away from the vampire’s grasp. Fear was now settling uncomfortably into her body as she began to run out of the alley but began to subside as she saw the dimly lit streets of London ahead of her.

"Oh no you don’t." William huffed as he shoved Cecily into the wall opposite her.

"I am sorry William! I am so sorry!" She begged and pleaded as small tears began to stream down her face. He cocked his head to the side.

William let out another growl as he shoved her up against the wall once more. His golden eyes flashed with a look of rage. "Lies." He hisses softly between his teeth. "You don’t know what you have done to me!"

"I am sorry William, I truly am!" She continued to beg, the tears now pooling down her face like a waterfall. Her usually pale cheeks were now a deep crimson color from her tears; her beautiful eyes that he had loved to look at when he was human were now wide with fear.

"Too late." He spat before shoving his sharp fangs into her jugular, letting the bloodlust take over him completely. Cecily let out cries of help as she felt William draining the blood from her body, feeling her life easily slip away from her.



~*~



Buffy sighed as she continued to dance with this Henry fellow she had met as soon as she had entered the mansion. He was polite and elegant but he wasn’t…she didn’t know how to describe it. If she were human she would have taken keen interest in him but now that she was a vampire, he seemed to bore her.

"Do I bore you Elizabeth?" Henry smiled at her as they waltzed along the ballroom floor. She was a wonderful dancer and had a timeless beauty that he had not seen before, he thought to himself as he looked at her. Although, Cecily was beautiful herself, this woman Elizabeth was mysterious at the same time. He liked it.

Buffy giggled, as she finally looked Henry in the eyes for the first time since they had approached the ballroom floor. "Oh no Henry. I am just thinking. You do not bore me." She lied but she didn’t want to hurt this mortal’s feelings.

Silently she worried about William, he had been taking a long time and she was starting to worry about him. It was eating at her. She had to see if he was all right.

"I am sorry Henry," Buffy began to apologize as she pulled away from his gentle hold on her, "I must go." And with that she turned on her heels and ran out of the mansion.

Henry curiously watched the beautiful woman run out of the mansion and out into the streets. And then letting the curiosity consume him, he quickly followed her.



~*~



William let out a pleasured moan as he continued to feed off of his former love. As soon as her blood had entered his body, William felt the burden of her rejection of him several nights ago be put to rest. His attention was suddenly pulled away from his victim when he heard someone approaching. Whirling his head around, William saw Buffy coming towards him. Immediately he let his demon mask fade away and replaced it with his human one.

"Buffy? What’s wrong?" He asked with concern, the rage that he had been feeling soon dying away when he saw her. "Are you okay?"

Buffy let out a sigh of relief when she that he was all right and the dead body of Cecily hanging limply in his arms. "I am alright, I was just worried about you. Thought something went wrong." She replied with concern, watching him lean the body up against the wall softly and then turned towards her.

"I am sorry that I worried you." He said sincerely as he ran his hand down her cheek softly then down her arm. "Didn’t mean to."

"I know." She smiled genuinely, feeling a slight tingling sensation as his hand stroked her arm gently. She suddenly remembered what she had done before she had taken off into the party. She kissed him. Buffy didn’t know why she did it but she just did. But what she did know was that she liked it.

William tilted his head to the side as he watched his companion have an inner war within herself. He wondered what she was thinking. The young vampire then moved his eyes away from her face and towards his hand which was holding hers gently. She had the smallest hands he had ever seen and somehow they seemed to fit perfecting within his. Furrowing his eyebrows he brought the hand towards his face.

Buffy slightly giggled as she saw him open her hand up and traced his own fingers down hers. "Having fun?" She laughed at him, watching him study her hand.

"You have the smallest hands." He stated as he placed his own hand against hers. "So delicate…so gentle."

Buffy let out a heavy sigh as she moved the hand that William was studying and placed it delicately against his face. Her hazel eyes fluttered close and then leaned forward and planted her lips softly on his.

"MONSTERS!" Buffy and William rapidly pulled away from each other when they heard the frantic cry sound out through the streets. There standing at them with a look of pure horror on his features was Henry. "You killed her! You monsters!" He continued to shout as several other men from the party joined up behind him looking at Cecily’s body with sorrow and then at the pair of vampires with fear.

"Oh God." Buffy gasped as she took William’s hand in hers and grasped it tightly. Soon a mob of men had gathered up behind Henry, several of then holding torches in their hands. They were trapped.

"Kill them!" Several of the men shouted at the pair, holding their torches high in the air, ready to strike at any moment.

Buffy quickly snapped her head towards William’s. "What are we going to do? They’ll kill us."

William’s eyes widened as he stared at her, "I don’t know." He told her, his voice shaky with dismay.




To Be Continued…