The mob’s shouts and animosity seemed to grow immensely towards the vampires. Buffy and William had been standing there at least for several minutes and yet they had never felt more scared of something in their whole lives. The sky was the smell of flame and ash, and had the look of death.

William flinched slightly when he felt the tightening grip of Buffy’s hand.

"Do you have a plan?" He asked her quietly while they both had their eyes locked on the mob that was in front of them, not once looking at each other. The men were continuing to grow agitated.

"No…not really." She replied in a slight whisper that only his immortal ears would hear. "I was thinking that we should run…"

William nodded slowly as he slightly glanced over at her and squeezed her hand, "Me too…worth the risk right?"

"I suppose." She replied, watching the flames that danced on their torches, she then moved her gaze towards William, "whatever you do…stay away from the torches." She let out a heavy and unneeded sigh before she brought forth her demon, "whatever happens, keep on running. Don’t look back." She whispered and then placed a tender kiss on his lips that set a feeling of warmth through their bodies.

William stared blankly at her for awhile before bringing forth his own demon. "I promise."


With a loud growl sounding out through the air, both of the blonde vampires charged towards the men, with the thought that their demons would cause the men to back away, but they didn’t, instead they did the opposite. Charging at them with full force.

William let out a loud cry of pain as 5 of the men toppled on to him, beating him with full force, more than he could handle. He tried to fend them off but it was difficult, two of the men that were attacking him had dimming torches in their hands and decided to jab his body with them. More painful screams springing from the young vampire’s mouth. He had never felt this much pain before. It was excruciating.

"Buffy!" William yelled with all of his might as the men had gotten William into a corner and continued to beat on him with their fists and torches.

When she had heard his voice call out, Buffy snapped her head towards her companion and saw the he was seriously out numbered and getting beaten into a bloody pulp. Throwing the men she was fighting off, Buffy ran over towards the men who were attacking William and threw them off of him with some struggle.

"Come on!" Buffy shouted as she grabbed William’s hand tightly in hers as they ran down the street together while the mob chased after them slowly.




~*~




Angelus growled with impatience as he and Darla sat in front of the fireplace in the sitting room. Darla reading one of the very few novels that they kept inside the mansion while Angelus himself stared gravely in the flames. I shouldn’t have let Buffy stay with the boy! He fumed in his head as he continued to stare. The fledgling thinks he can move in on my women. First Dru and now Buffy. I will not be surprised if Darla begins to fawn over him next!

Darla sighed as she licked her finger and then turned the page in her book. "Stop worrying about them lover." She told him with slight venom. "Buffy is able to take care of herself, she doesn’t need you to look over her shoulder every five seconds." Darla hissed lightly, turning the page once again.

Angelus turned his gaze from the fire and then towards his sire and chuckled, "jealous Darla? Jealous that you don’t get that kind of attention from me?" He taunted her, his eyes sparkling with amusement. He enjoyed the thought of his women fighting each other over him.

"You’re one to talk." Darla snickered as she kept her eyes on her book. "You hate it when Buffy’s with him. I see the look you get when you see them together. It is quite obvious Angelus. You’re jealous of them."

Angelus growled as he leapt out of his chair and stalked over to her, blocking her reading light. "Don’t tell me what I am and am not, woman!" He roared, staring down at her with filth.

Darla hissed as she jumped out of her seat and stood toe to toe with Angelus, "and you should learn to respect your elders, Angelus!" She sneered with disdain, her eyes flashing a tint of yellow, "Sometimes you forget I am the one who made you and can easily destroy you if I choose to!"

The brunette vampire just chuckled at her, "you think you could take me on, lover?" He taunted, his eyes roaming her figure with appreciation. "You wouldn’t last for very long if you did."

Darla’s demon was brought forth as her hand darted out towards Angelus’s throat, gripping it tightly. He began to groan and stuggle for freedom as the grip on his throat grew vicious.

"Oh really?" His sire said, cocking her head to the side as she observed his squirming form. Letting out a small snort she leaned her face closely towards his and smirked, "I never thought I would ever have to tell you this Angelus, but you should remember your place."

"Oh Grand mummy you are hurting him!" Dru whimpered when she finally entered the fire lit room, almost crying when she saw Darla hold Angelus in a vice like grip.

Darla rolled her eyes at the young raven-haired vampiress and then turned her attention back on her childe, "remember what I said Angelus. Don’t cross me next time!" She hissed, dropping him to the floor like a rag doll.

Angelus let out a short huff as he picked himself up off the floor, rubbing his neck, "you could’ve been more gentle." He mumbled under his breath as his eyes were directed over towards Dru who was waiting patiently at a large window in the room, looking out into the streets.

"What’s wrong my love?" He asked her sweetly, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist, crushing her body to his, her face still locked towards the cobblestone streets.

Her frail hand reached out towards the glass and delicately ran her fingers down it; "my little prince is not here with me." She cooed sadly, her fingers still trailing down the glass. "Sister likes to keep him company."

"Yes, I know she does." Angelus hissed with anger, taking her hand in his, continuing to run it down the glass.

"She wants to take my little ocean away from me. It saddens me Daddy." Dru whimpered, leaning her head back, resting it against his chest. "She doesn’t want him to sing our little songs."

"I know Dru." He hissed once more.

Suddenly, Dru let out a small cry as she stared out the window, her hand tightening around Angelus, "look Daddy! My ocean and Sister are coming! The bad humans want to hurt them! They bring pretty fire!"

As soon as the words had entered his undead ears, Angelus snapped his head up to look directly out the window. Coming towards the house were both William and Buffy followed by a large mob of men who were holding torches high in the air. Letting out a sharp growl, Angelus threw himself away from Dru and walked over towards Darla who was back to reading her book.

"Pack up your things quickly and then head down towards the basement, there are tunnels down there where we can hide!" He barked at her. Sensing that something was wrong; Darla instantly bounded out of her seat and over towards Drusilla. Grabbing the younger vampiress' hand, Darla rushed both of them into their rooms to pack.

As soon as they were out of sight, Angelus bolted towards the front door of the house and whipped it open, letting both William and Buffy inside. The brunette vampire growled with frustration as he quickly bolted the door.

"What did you both do!" Angelus boomed at the blondes, his features were a lit with immense anger. All three of them jumped suddenly when there was a loud banging on the door and several shouts of protest. Rolling his eyes, Angelus shook his head and then pushed the pair of vampires into the sitting room, "both of you get your belongings and go down to the basement, we have to leave."



~*~




"Angelus will you cease with the pacing, my head is hurting." Darla whined impatiently as she watched her childe pace throughout the tunnel.

"What did they do?" Angelus continued to mutter over and over under his breath while he paced. "What could have they done?"

Dru chuckled with amusement as she wrapped her arms around Angelus and sighed, "my little ocean saw the nasty girl! He was wicked!" She giggled like a small child but then her voice grew serious. "He slashed her throat and drank her dry. Dirty humans though, they ruined my boy’s fun. Called him and Sister dirty names." Drusilla continued to ramble to Angelus, who as he continued to hear her words, grew more furious than he had been earlier.

Before he could say anything to Dru, the low sounds of both Buffy and William’s voices filtered into the room. When he first saw William enter the tunnel, Angelus immediately dashed over to the fledgling and grabbed him by the throat, shoving him up against the nearest wall. A long wheezing sound coming out William’s mouth.

Angelus’ demon came forward as he stared William in the eye. His yellow eyes dancing with deep and unbending anger and rage. "Give me an excuse not to stake you!"



To be Continued…