A/n: Wasn't going to post anything today but considering today is my birthday and I am turning the big 1-8....I am feeling generous and ultimately happy today! So here ya go! Thanks to all for the reviews and I am glad you are enjoying the story.

1885


She began to breathe heavily as she reached the edge of the huge field and the beginning of the forest. You would think it would be difficult to find a property big as this but for vampires it wasn’t. Well, so Angelus told her.

Buffy started to pant as she continued to sprint through the forest, not once looking over shoulder. She knew she really didn’t need to breathe but the whole act of inhaling and exhaling never left her when she became a demon. It was strange. She never did it around Angelus though because he would get angry with her, calling her human and soft. He had been doing that a lot lately, but it was all for little things. All about the little things.

Buffy immediately halted when neither she heard nor felt anyone behind her anymore. She whipped her head around in several directions, still no one. He was here though. She could feel him. She could always feel him when he was around or near her. It’s just where he was specifically is what she had to figure out.

"Where are you?" She whispered quietly to herself, as her hazel eyes scanned across the area, still nothing. Wrapping her arms around her body, Buffy still continued to observe the area around her. It was less dark than usual. Probably due to the fact that sunrise was only in a couple of hours could be the reason. Looking up at the sky, the blonde vampiress could see the moon so brightly, it had an eerie glow to it tonight.

Time passed quickly for a vampire because it didn’t matter; all that did was your existence. Well, it wasn’t like that for before; it was only after Drusilla sired William. How could one person make things so different and positive for her? She use to consider her immortality a curse, but not now, she could actually bear it now because she could spend it with him.

"Where is he?" She whispered once again to the air, rubbing her already cold arms, another mortal like gesture that she should stop immediately. Angelus would find out soon, he would sense it, and he wouldn’t be happy when he did. He would not like the fact that his own childe was growing soft. "Where are you-!"

Buffy was suddenly brought down to the ground when someone dropped from the trees above and toppled down on top of her. Buffy’s demon surged forwards as she punched him in the nose and pushed him off of her. The blonde vampiress thought it was over but was surprised when he dealt a large uppercut across her jaw and then a swift kick into her gut, sending her staggering backwards. She let out a frustrated growl as she surged forward lashing out in several rapid punches and kicks at him but he easily blocked them. Buffy tried to hit him again but he blocked it once again, and was able to get a few punches on her also. She then surprised him by doing a roundhouse on his chest, which threw him up against a nearby tree. Being as persistent as he was, he still came back at her, throwing even more skillful punches and kicks her way, she was just as able to block them as easily as he had blocked hers. They were equal fighters though, so it was hard for either of them to win.

Buffy’s opponent was suddenly taken aback though when she swept his legs from out under him and sent him to the ground. As soon as he was down though, she jumped on top of him and pinned him there with sitting on top his hips. Holding him tight enough so that he wouldn’t be able to get away, no matter how much he tried to struggle from beneath her.

"I win," she perked, holding his wrists tightly to the ground with her hands.

"Yes you did, pet." He replied, still trying to struggle from beneath her but it wasn’t working.

"I told you to start watching your legs." She told him firmly, her grip tightening on his wrists. "The Slayer almost killed you last time when you didn’t watch out."

"I know, and I almost didn’t get out of there alive…" He smirked at her, studying her face.

"You have to remember Spike, I am not always going to be there. You want to take a Slayer on, you have to hold your own." She said once again and then saw the uncomfortable look that he was giving her, "What did I say?"

"Nothing," he said silently, "you calling me Spike, kind of weird. Have gotten so use to you calling me William."

"I know," Buffy smiled at him genuinely, "but it is not my fault that you decided to get all playful with a railroad spike that night. And you’re the one who came up with the name."

"I know luv, but still…" He sighed, "could you just call me William, you know, when we’re alone. Kind of comforting when you call me that." He admitted shyly, trying to struggle some more but it wasn’t working.

"All right…William," She whispered kindly, bringing her hand up against his cheek.

When she had finally touched his cheek, William tried to pry himself away from her but she easily caught on and ground her hips deeper into his body, pinning him once again. "Nice try, William."

"Buffy…" William squeaked, his face scrunched up.

"Yeah?"

"You’re hurting my pelvic area." He winced as he continued to feel the throbbing pain he was feeling in the lower part of his body. Buffy only chuckled at him with amusement.

"You big baby." She giggled like a small child, her hand covering her mouth.

"S’not funny," He pouted, sticking out bottom lip that made Buffy laugh even more.

"See…baby." She chirped at him, cocking her head the side, observing him before she leaned forwards and pressed her lips gently against his. She was about to pull away when she felt his hand meet her cheek and rub it thoughtfully as he continued to kiss her softly. They hadn’t been this intimate since that night with the mob and that was five years ago. She didn’t know why now she felt like kissing him, but she just had this urge, this feeling like she should.

Eventually though they pulled away from each other and just sat there staring at one another. Buffy shook her head as she snapped herself out of her strong gaze and got up off William and then helped him up. They both dusted themselves as they began to make their way back to the mansion that they now resided in.

There were a couple of minutes of silence before either one of them spoke. William was the first, "you’ve never told me about how you know so much about Slayers."

Buffy sighed as she removed the pins from her hair and let her long golden locks fall on to her shoulders, "in the last 50 years I have faced off against 3 Slayer myself. I was able to kill two of them." She told him, running her fingers through her hair, keeping her eyes straight ahead. "The third one almost got the best of me."

"Do you think that I will able to successfully face off against a Slayer?" He asked her truthfully, clasping his hands behind his back as they continued to travel through the large field.

Buffy gave William a slide glance and then let a bright smile break out onto her face, "yeah I do. You just need to work on your combat skills and you will be fine." She told him in a very affirmative tone, "just remember to…" She said before biting her bottom lip and lightly pushed him, causing him to stumble a bit, "keep you balance." She chuckled slightly before returning her eyes towards the land in front of them, now seeing the mansion in clear view.

"You feel like mocking me tonight, luv?" He asked her with a slight smirk on his face.

"Maybe." She answered with an impish look on her face. Looking as if she wanted to cause some mischief, unfortunately it was almost sunrise so she would have to wait till when the sun set.

"You’re humorous Elizabeth," he purred at her gently before sprinting through the field as fast as he could. As soon as she realized what he had called her, Buffy took off after him, having a hard time catching up to him. When she had finally reached the barn, he was leaning up against it, a large smirk planted on his face.

"I won." He announced, removing himself from the wall and walked to where she was standing, wrapping his arms around her waist in friendly gesture. "For once tonight."

"Well," Buffy pouted, slapping his chest playfully; "you cheated. We do NOT cheat William."

"Says who?" He asked, raising one of his eyebrows at her, his arms still locked around her waist.

"Me." She chirped, her hair bouncing all over the place while the moon reflected off of it. She looked almost heavenly to him but he wouldn’t say that to her.

"Oh and you make all the rules now, eh?" He chuckled.

"Yes, I do." She chirped once more before looking over at his shoulder at the mansion, which sat quietly on their plot of land. It was dark and it didn’t look inviting to her at all, knowing who was inside the house. She wished she could stay out in the barn with William.

Angelus made him sleep there. No one asked why because they already knew Angelus didn’t like William to be around Buffy. At all. Buffy didn’t think that it was fair, letting William sleep out there in the hay where he had to constantly watch out for the bright sun that fell over the farm during the daytime. She hated it, but yet…didn’t say anything.

"You’d better get inside," he told her softly, "don’t want to get Poofter all upset, right?" He smirked at his own name for Angelus. He knew Buffy would appreciate it because whenever he called Angelus that around Dru she would get upset with him, REALLY upset.

Buffy nodded her head reluctantly as she removed herself from William’s grasp, "Right then," she whispered, placing a tender hand on his cheek, "see you tonight."

"Yeah," he replied in the same silent matter before taking her hand from his cheek and kissed her knuckles gently. "Goodnight…" He purred before letting her hand drop from his hand and ran inside the barn.

Buffy watched in silence as he ran back inside the fairly large barn, "yeah…goodnight."





To be Continued…