A/n: Thanks for all the reviews! Appreciate them along with the birthday wishes! Also....the dream sequence in this is in Italics.


1885



She didn’t know how she was back in the forest but somehow she was. This time though, it wasn’t all fun and games as it was with William. It was frightening and ominous. Whipping her head behind her as she continued to run, Buffy still could not see anybody following her but she could feel as if someone or something was watching her.

Eventually though she reached a large clearing that you could see the land for miles. The night was black and the moon had its usual glow that lit up the sky. A sudden fearing chill ran up her spine as she stood there in the clearing. Sniffing the air, she couldn’t smell the pumping of sweet blood -so whoever was following her was not human- but she could smell the hunger and the deep unbinding anger.

A smooth chuckle echoed through out the land, causing the blonde vampiress to jump in fright. She didn’t know why she felt so…startled. She wasn’t the type of vampire who was scared that easily.

"Never knew you scared so easily lover." Angelus soothed as he stepped out from the shadows of the nearby forest. Sending her a dangerous smile and an all-knowing look that was attractive to her he first time she saw him.

"First time for everything." Buffy glared at him. Angelus was now walking over towards where she was standing. He was looking at her with a predatory gaze. She hated it when he looked at her like that. As if she was some prize so be hunted down and won.

"No need to glare Buffy dear," He smirked at her, continuing to make his way towards her in a slow and graceful like manner. "I only came here to talk to you."

"Somehow I find that very unlikely." She told him sharply, taking another step backwards while he took another one forwards.

"You are always amusing my love." He chuckled once again. He cocked his head to the side as he ran his eyes up and down her form and then grinned, as if he knew something she didn’t. "You are full of him."

"What?" Buffy furrowed her eyebrows.

"It is disgusting. I mean…all I can see in you…is him…and your soul trying to reclaim your body." He snorted with disdain, his nose scrunching up in wrinkles. "You should be ashamed." He growled.

"I don’t understand you."

Angelus roared with anger as he stalked over towards the vampiress and grabbed her firmly by the shoulders. Buffy let out a whimper as he gripped tightly on her small shoulders; it felt as if her bones were breaking under the restrain of his hands.

"Don’t act all innocent Elizabeth, you cannot play with me." He hissed between his teeth, "I see the fledgling wrapped all around you. He is taking over you. Taking you away from me."

Buffy jerked her body away from his grip and let out her own noise of utter disgust and disbelief. "I was never yours to begin with. You had Darla, and now you have Dru. There was never enough room for me. At least he has enough room for me."

Angelus let his demon slip forward as he stalked up to her once again and grabbed her bruised shoulders once more. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO GROW ATTATCHED ELIZABETH. How dare you defy me woman!"

Buffy let out another small whimper as she flung Angelus away from her and into a nearby tree, knocking him unconscious. Small tears fell from Buffy’s hazel eyes as she stood watching her sire’s prone form lay lifeless on the ground. His dark eyes tightly shut, his strong bold shoulders slumped forward with his chin resting again his pale chest. A fragment of a smile appeared on her lips as she watched him.

A sudden snapping of twig then brought her out of her intense gaze of Angelus. Bringing her demon forward, Buffy whipped her body around to see William standing behind her. When she saw him, Buffy’s demon quickly faded away.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, as he stood in his place, watching her with concern. "Did he hurt you?"

Buffy sighed softly as she ran towards him and threw herself into his body, locking her arms around the nape of his neck, resting her head on his shoulder. He did nothing else but hold her tightly, his arms wrapped around her thin waist.

"It is okay pet," He purred into ear softly, so only she would hear, "he will no longer look for us anymore. It is just us. No more running, we can rest now."

Buffy furrowed her eyebrows together as she removed her head away from his shoulder and looked him curiously in the eye. "What?" She whispered with puzzlement.

William smiled as he cupped her cheek with the palm of his hand. "Beautiful." He whispered to her softly before he kissed her tenderly. As soon as their lips met, the blonde vampiress quickly reacted and eagerly returned the favor with as much energy as she could. She almost gasped when she felt him pull her closer to his body.

Suddenly, a soft singing and humming filtered into the vampiress' ear, causing her to pull reluctantly away from William, "did you hear that?" She whispered to him, her hands clinging onto his flesh. She looked up at him through her eyelids, only a small smile planted on his lips.

"No, luv, I didn’t." He cooed, running his knuckles down her cheek lovingly, cocking his head to the side with that smile on his face. "You hearing things?"

"Maybe." She chirped slightly, kissing the tip of his nose, and then his cheek. "Probably going crazy." She giggled, planting a tender kiss on his lips.

"That’s okay, I like crazy Buffy. She is very amusing." He smirked before kissing her deeply, wrapping his arms around waist with passion. She almost moaned with pleasure as she reciprocated the amount of passion that he showed her. But it all soon stopped when he was ripped away from her with a loud gasp. Buffy’s hazel flew open to see William with a shocked look on his face. He brought his deep blue eyes to hers and then back down to his chest where there was large piece of wood sticking out of it.

"Noooooo!" Buffy shrieked at the top of her lungs as she ran towards him but by the time she got to him, he had crumpled into dust, leaving nothing behind but ash. Bringing her eyes away from William’s ashes, she saw Dru looking at her with amusement and had a large stake in her hands.

"He was a naughty, naughty boy! He tasted bad. He never wanted to taste me." She hissed, glaring Buffy, her dark eyes flashing a tad of yellow. "You made my boy turn away from me. You witch! He never wanted me."

Buffy could not say anything but just look at the crazed vampire with sadness and ultimate rage. She had killed HIM! Buffy could feel tears rise to the brim of her eyes.

Drusilla cackled like an ecstatic child, "You going to cry Sister?" Dru laughed even more as she began to turn around and around in circles. "This is a funny joke. Funny, funny, funny…hehehe. I do not weep for him." She shook her head, glancing down at William’s ashes and then looked back up at Buffy. "This was all your fault!"


"No!" Buffy gasped as she sat up in bed, cold sweat pouring down her body. It had seemed so real…everything. When Angelus had grabbed her…when…William…touched her and…kissed her.

"Oh God William." She gasped with worry as she threw the covers off of her body and threw on a light white dress as she made her way to the front door. The sun was setting so if she ran really quickly she wouldn’t burn. Taking in a deep breath, she threw the door open and bolted towards the barn, bolting the large doors behind her. It didn’t hurt at all…in fact she hadn’t even felt her skin burning. Buffy looked down at her arms and hands and found that her skin hadn’t burned at all…wow…she ran pretty fast then.

Tearing her eyes away from her arms Buffy made her way towards the stairs inside the barn. She had only been in here once and that was when they had first came to the farm. She never had the chance before hand, she either was in the house during the day and at night she was in the city hunting…or running through the fields with William, training with him. Never got the chance to actually go inside the barn.

Walking up the stairs, she had finally come to this large loft that had hundreds of small candles strewn through out the room. There was a fairly large bed placed against one of the far walls with a small bookcase beside it, filled with several books. There were also a few couches and one chair, which he was sitting in. His back facing her. He seemed to be so engrossed with the book that he was reading to notice that she was standing behind him.

Smirking to herself, Buffy slowly crept towards the chair. Making sure that her bare feet wouldn’t make any noise against the worn floorboards. She was about to pounce on him when suddenly she was being pushed up against a nearby wall.

"Nice try luv," Spike smirked at her, holding her against the wall, his body pressed right up against hers. "I could hear you coming a mile away."

"Sorry…" She smiled slightly, "trying to be sneaky. Sun was up and I kind of had to run."

"You went out into the sun for little ol’ me?" He whispered concerned, cocking his head the side, observing her, "why?"

"Had a nightmare…Dru…she staked you. It felt so real William." She whimpered slightly, remembering the expression on his face in her dream when his sire had staked him. "I just had to see if you were alright." She sniffled, feeling the tears that she had been holding in her dream fall down her cheeks.

"Hey…it’s okay…I’m okay." He whispered kindly, loosening the grip on her wrists and cupped her face in his hands, rubbing her cheeks with his thumbs. "No need to worry my Elizabeth." He soothed, stroking the sides of her face with love and then planted a tender kiss on her forehead. "My sweet Elizabeth."

Buffy let out a heavy sigh as she ran her hand through his hair delicately before depositing a chaste kiss on his lips. A small smile came upon her own lips when she felt his hands travel away from her face and towards her waist wrapping his arms around her tightly.

After awhile their lips finally pulled away from one another by just a small millimeter, "My sweet William." She cooed before kissing him once again.




To be continued…