1885



Angelus smirked to himself as he slipped quietly into Darla’s room. He had risen only minutes before and had felt this sudden urge and desire to see his sire. Of course she might reject his presence, after all, they had been quarreling over the past few months. It was always about he and Dru or he and Buffy. She could be quite the jealous one when it came to his children and him. He loved the jealous look that they all got in their eyes. He would love to bathe in it if he could.

Many might say he is selfish, well…if you did…he would rip your throat out. No one would tell him what he was or wasn’t. Angelus knew that he was the leader…the alpha male of the pack and then there were his females who would cater to his every whim, whether they liked it or not. And then there was William, who no matter how much he tried, would never be the alpha male.

Angelus let out a frustrated sigh as he quietly shut the door behind him. There was she was…sitting all prim in proper in a nearby rocking chair, casually reading to herself by the fireplace in her room. She was beautiful…breathtaking…and she was his.

"Your very presence irritates me, Angelus." She hissed rudely, turning a page in her book, not once looking up at her childe, but remained on the page in front of her. The bright flames from the fire bouncing off of her face, its heat warming the room.

"Darla, you do not mean that lover…" Angelus smirked as he slowly made his way towards her chair, his dark, chocolate eyes scanning over her body and posture.

"Shows how well you know me, my childe." She snapped once again, not once looking up from the page that she was reading. "Now…I will say once again…please leave, your very presence irritates me."

Angelus chuckled slightly as he came up behind her and delicately touched her thin shoulders, "Now Darla…you know I can’t do that…" He whispered quietly before he began to massage her shoulders and then brought his lips towards the brim of her ear. "You know what I came here for…you know what I want. It is night now, the sun has settled…it shall be a while before we go hunting…let’s make use of that time…" He purred huskily into her ear, massaging her shoulders deeply.

Darla growled as she pulled roughly from his grasp, "I am not a whore, childe." She cursed at him, going back to reading her book. "You will not make me your whore Angelus, that is what Drusilla is for. She comes to your every beck and call…go call her to your bed…I am sure she will be more than happy to oblige."

Angelus chuckled as his lips still remained beside the brim of her ear, "I would…but you see…I can’t…Dru is a bit indisposed at the moment from last night. You understand."

"What about Buffy? You’ve been deliberately been ignoring her for the longest time."

Angelus made a displeased noise as he finally pulled his lips away from Darla’s ear and began to pace behind her. "Buffy will not touch me. Not even look at me." The brunette vampire hissed as he continued to pace frantically, "I try to separate her and the boy but I can still smell him on her. He’s going to take her away from me and she will follow him willingly." He ranted; placing his hands behind his back, bowing his head low, forgetting that Darla was sitting there. "I had a dream…more like a nightmare. They were together…he was holding her and touching her and kissing her." He growled with complete rage and anger, seeing the dream replay over and over in his mind. "I wish I could finish him off but Dru will not let me."

Darla rolled her eyes as the younger vampire had finished his speech but still continued to pace back and forth. "At least he shows her attention and affection. She still holds her human heart within her and so does he…"

"AND THAT’S WHAT DISTURBS ME!" Angelus roared, interrupting his sire’s sentence, "she is turning soft and human. It is all his fault…he is making her this way!"

Darla let out a frustrated and yet unneeded breath as she turned away from her childe and back towards the book that she was reading, "believe what you want to believe Angelus but leave me be, you are irritating me once again."

"Fine!" Angelus snarled, turning on his heels and stalked out of her room, slamming her door behind her and made his way towards Buffy’s room, which was directly across the wide hallway. Throwing the door open, the room revealed to be completely empty. A blazing fire still sitting in her fireplace, the silk red bed sheets thrown off the bed entirely. A ripple of anger spread through out the older vampire’s body. Then suddenly, a young fledgling popped into his mind

"William." The brunette hissed as he then stalked out of his childe’s room and made his way towards the barn.




~*~




Buffy knew that if she were human, she would have been in a deep need of breath about now. She and William had been kissing up against the wall for the longest time now, not once breaking away from each other. They were right up against one another; no space left between them. The blonde vampiress felt like air…she felt like she could almost be floating.

Buffy let out a small gasp of air as William finally pulled away from her lips and buried his face into the crook of her neck, kissing it lightly while he took in her scent. Her unique scent.

He wished that he could take her into his bed but William feared that she wouldn’t want him to. After all she and Angelus…they were…William was just afraid of her rejection. Cecily’s rejection of him still hung over the young vampire’s head and that was long ago. And her words…"beneath me"…they still hurt and he didn’t want to hear those words come from Buffy’s mouth. It would hurt him too much.

William was then pulled away from his thoughts when he heard slight whimpering sounds come from her sweet mouth. A look of concern washed over the young vampire’s features, as he looked her in the eyes. They were closed shut while her mouth was slightly parted letting out soft breaths. A slight smile caught his mouth as he thought that like he, she still had the habit of breathing. It warmed him in a strange way.

She let out another small whimper again and that caused William to become even more concerned about her. Tentatively he brought his hand towards her face, rubbing it gently; "did I hurt you?" He asked quietly. "I didn’t mean to…sorry…"

Buffy’s hazel eyes fluttered open as she heard his tender voice flow through her ears, "what?" She whispered some what dumbfounded and dazed.

"Are you okay? You sounded hurt…" He said once again as the concerned look still set upon on his face. His blue eyes darkening. "Was I hurting you?"

Buffy smirked as she pressed a light kiss on his lips, "no, I was not hurting. I was just really enjoying…" Her grin widening at him as she wrapped her arms tightly around the nape of his neck and placed a lingering kiss on his lips, "our moment."

"Oh," He replied somewhat shyly, turning his eyes away from her. If he were still human he would’ve been blushing. "Didn’t know."

"Well…now you know." She smiled once again, leaning in to kiss him once again but the loud sound of the barn door closing caused both to jump. Suddenly, a tad jolt of pain emptied like a heavy weight into Buffy’s gut causing her to wince. "Angelus…" she whispered in a worried tone, looking up into William’s eyes.




~*~




Angelus growled as he bolted the door behind him. If he found those two together, he would rip the boy’s insides out and set them aflame. No one would take one his children away from him. And he would see to that. Scanning the room, Angelus saw that they were no where to be found. It was then that the bright candlelight from above caught his eye.

"Well…what have we here?" He chuckled deeply as he slowly made his way towards the stairs, walking up them quietly as he could towards the loft area. He then heard both his childe and the boy giggling lightly.

Without a second though, Angelus bounded rapidly up that stairs and let his demon surge forwards, "You WILL NOT TOUCH HER BOY!" Angelus growled with rage as he reached the final step. A look of shock then took over his face when he saw that the both of them were sitting down peacefully on a couch…reading. Sniffing the air, he could smell…arousal…or something like it but what ever it was it was dying away fast. Something had been going on…

"Poofter…" William muttered underneath his breath as he shook his head and turned his eyes away from his Grandsire and towards the book that was in his hands. Feeling a bit relieved that he and Buffy had stopped their rendezvous earlier before Angelus had caught them.

Angelus snapped his head towards the younger vampire and shot daggers at him through his eyes, "what did you say boy?" He cursed, stalking over towards William who immediately stood up at his presence.

Before William could shoot back at him, Buffy placed a tiny hand on her sire’s chest and pushed him softly away from William. "Angelus leave him be." Buffy said firmly as she led the brunette vampire away from William who was looking confused and somewhat disappointed.

"He’s disrespectful," Angelus snarled, still looking over in William’s direction while Buffy held him back. "I am not going to take it from him." Angelus then snapped his eyes at Buffy’s and gave her a harsh look. "He means to take you away from me. I can see it in his eyes…I WILL NOT TAKE IT BUFFY!"

Buffy narrowed her eyebrows as she stared at him; "you do not own me Angelus. No one does."

Angelus tightened his jaw as her sharp words struck him; "do you and Darla both enjoy turning away from me. Does it bring you both joy? Does it make you both laugh? Because I feel like ripping my own hair out at both of your attitudes towards me!" Angelus brought his gaze away from Buffy and towards William who was wearing a proud smirk on his face. "Wipe that grin off your face Spike." Angelus ordered roughly.

"Sorry Peaches…not going to." He replied while the smirk still set firmly on his face and it was going to take a lot of determination on Angelus’s part to wipe it off of his face.

"Why you-!" Angelus snarled as he began to stalk over towards the boy but Buffy placed her hand on his chest once again, this time more firmly, pushing him towards the stairs.

"Angelus…leave him be…we must prepare for the hunt later on tonight." She whispered to him, guiding him towards the stairs, but before she could make her way down the stairs Buffy turned to look at William and shot him a longing and disappointed look.

As soon as they were out of sight, William collapsed back into the plush couch and let out a deep relieved breath. "That was close…"


To be continued…