1885


Buffy let out a heavy sigh while she sat on the edge of her four poster bed. Looking down at the sheets, she ran her pale petite hands down the silk red cloth. It was soft and smelt of beautiful wild flowers. The fire in her room was crackling while the light from its flames danced along the wooden walls of the room and off of the pale complexion of her face. She pulled the emerald shawl that was hanging off of her upper body tightly around her shoulders.

Angelus was right across the hall…waiting for her to come out of her room. They were all going out hunting tonight…it was different tonight though. They were going to a party…an upper class one no doubt…where they would feed on the rich. Angelus loved feeding off the wealthy…it gave him pleasure and made him feel even more above everyone else. She was now asked to dress proper tonigh and wear the best gown in her closet.

Buffy didn’t want to go though, she would rather tonight be like any other normal night where the five of them would stroll through the streets, feeding off commoners. It was Angelus’ decision though, wherever he wanted to go they would go.

Letting out another sigh as she removed herself from the comfort of her soft bed and towards the large walk-in closet. Throwing the doors open, her eyes scanned over the assortment of gowns that adorned the space.

"I think you should wear the blue one…" A low voice purred seductively in her ear, his mouth at the brim of her ear. His cool breath cascading down her neck. "You look ravishing in it." He whispered once again into her ear, running his rough hands down the sides of her body.

Buffy huffed as she stepped away from his grasp, her hazel eyes glued towards the space in front of her. " I do not wish to go tonight."

Angelus chuckled as he reproached her with a predatory look in his dark eyes. "Hmm…would you like to tell me why my love?"

Buffy snapped her body around to face her sire with a flicker of anger in her features, "I am not your love. Never was…never will be." She hissed at him with venom. "And I do not wish to go because I don’t get satisfaction from feeding off off the rich…that is your sick fascination."

Angelus growled as he took Buffy by the shoulders, bringing their faces only inches apart. "Do you wish to make trouble with me childe!" He cursed in her face, his white fingers digging into her skin. "I am already angry with you from venturing out into the barn with the boy and now you refuse my orders once again! I think you want to upset me…don’t you?" He roared pushing her roughly away from himself. "You are going tonight and that is that!"

And with that he spun on his heels and tramped out of the room with much rage and pent up frustration. Buffy whimpered slightly as she touched her shoulder lightly. Another bruise was sure to form there above many other bruises that Angelus had dealt her. Shaking off her pain, Buffy turned back towards the closet and began sort through the gowns.


~*~


William placed his hands delicately behind his back as he followed the other four vampires through the streets of Yorkshire. Casting his eyes towards the group in front of him, William saw Angelus drape his arm heavily over Buffy’s shoulder. The younger vampire watched as the muscles in her body tensed at the feel of her sire’s touch. The blonde vampire also flinched himself when he saw her tense up. He wished he were strong enough to take his grandsire…to rip him apart for ever touching Buffy…for ever hurting her. But of course he wasn’t…it would take him many years of practice to match up Angelus. So if he tried to take him on now William knew that he would fail.

She looked beautiful though. Practically glowing in the gown that she was wearing. It was beautiful with a deep shade of red. The color of roses and blood. Beautiful white lace adoring the cuffs of her sleeves and around her bosom. He could watch her in that dress for the longest time if he was able to.

The sound of Dru’s cackling brought William's attention away from Buffy and towards his sire who now was skipping over in his direction.

"Hello my baby boy." She cooed taking his face in her hands and placed a soft kiss on his lips then looked over towards the large mansion that they were standing in front of. "The party is here my ocean. People are dancing and whispering secrets to one another like small school children." She purred taking his hand and placed it on her stomach, moving it around in small circles. "I like children…taste good."

"I am sure they do pet." He said a sad smile on his lips.

Dru giggled with delight as she threw her arms around her childe’s neck and whispered into his ear in small voice, sounding like a small silver bell, "will you dance with me my sweet William? Mummy wants you too."

William slightly pulled away from his sire as he looked her in the eyes and reluctantly nodded his head. "Eventually."

Dru grinned, running her finger delicately down the side of his face. "My Spike knows how to treat a lady." She chirped before running to join Angelus, Darla and Buffy who were waiting for him at the large wooden oak door. Angelus shook his head at the dark vampiress before he turned towards the door and knocked on it repeatedly.

William sighed to himself as he made his way over towards his companions who were now greeted by a small, frail older man who was looking into Angelus’s eyes as if he were entranced and tehn suddenly stepped aside to let the five of them inside.

"Come in…" He coughed frailly, beckoning them inside. "The party is in the ballroom. I will show you there…" He coughed once again as took Angelus’s coat and placed it in a nearby closet. "Come now." He said hoarsely once more as he led them through the house towards a large room where hundreds of warm mortals were congregated.

Angelus licked his lips as he watched several humans engage in a melodious dance on the ball room floor. "We are lucky tonight." He whispered to himself as his eyes continued to scan over the swarms of people.

"Oh Daddy, how the mortals’ blood sings to me a sweet song." Dru purred as she stood beside her sire, sneaking her arm around his waist, "it wants me to dance to its sweet song." She sighed as she looked up at Angelus and grinned. "Can we dance to it Angelus?"

Angelus chuckled deeply as he grasped Dru’s hand in his, "we shall Drusilla…" He said before leading her out towards the ballroom floor, joining the dancers in their spectacle.

Darla crossed her arms over her chest as she watched them; "he is pathetic." She hissed, standing in between William and Buffy. She then moved her gaze away from her childe and towards her two grandchildren, "don’t get into too much trouble." She said before entering a crowd of partygoers.

As soon as Darla was out of sight, Buffy eagerly grasped William’s hand in hers. He gently smiled as he squeezed at her hand with affection, rubbing his thumb along the back of her hand.

Buffy cautiously turned her head towards his direction; "do you think they’ll notice if we stepped outside for a spell?" She asked quietly, letting the stroking of his thumb against her hand warm her cold body.

William let a broad smile cover his lips. "I hope not." He chuckled as they both made their way through the crowds.


~*~


Buffy giggled as she and William sat in the sweet grass of the mansion’s courtyard. "Did you see his expression when he saw us together in the loft?" She continued to giggle, leaning up against the large oak tree that they were resting comfortably under, William across from her, fiddling with some wild daises in his lap.

"Yes I did…he was close to catching us." William murmured, continuing to mess with the small flowers, "too close, in fact."

Buffy let out an unneeded breath as she watched him mess with the flowers. To her, he looked so handsome tonight in his hazelnut colored suit, for the way it complimented the dark blonde color of his hair and bright blue eyes.

"Everything is fine though…" She whispered as she watched his hands, "we are both fine and he didn’t find out."

"True…" He sighed as finally looked up at her and smiled with happiness. "Maybe one of these days I could beat his bloody arse."

Buffy also had to laugh, "probably, with more practice…"

William nodded his head as he continued to mess with the flowers and then grinned triumphantly, "finished!" He chirped as he looked back up at Buffy, his grin widening.

"What’s finished?" She asked curiously, furrowing her eyebrows at him.

"This." He told her as he picked up the assortment of flowers, which were now intricately woven together to make an innocent crown. "For you." He said as he placed it on top of her head, eyeing it wonderfully.

"Thank you." She whispered, leaning over to plant a tender kiss on his lips. "What the gentleman you are." She said before kissing him once again, this time a bit longer and a bit more passionate.

William was over come with complete affection for the vampiress as she sat across from him. Gently, his hand touched her cheek. "You are beautiful." He told her lovingly before moving over closer to her, sitting down beside her under the oak tree.

"And you are too sweet to me…" She said climbing into his lap, resting her head on his shoulder while his arms were wrapped around her waist, bringing her closer to him.

"It’s true though Buffy…" He soothed into her ear, running one of his hands down the length of her arm. "You are…" he whispered, kissing her on the temple, "beautiful and remarkable. The most wonderful woman I have ever met."

Buffy let out a heavy sigh as she looked into his eyes and cupped his cheek with thoughtfulness, "but I am not a woman…I am a…monster…a demon." She whimpered slightly, her eyes still locked on his.

"Don’t ever say that… " He said firmly, "you’re not a monster. Vampires like Drusilla and Angelus are monsters…not you." He finished thoughtfully, running his hand down the side of her face affectionately. "Don’t think that pet."

Without another word Buffy launched her lips upon his in a passionate dance. Startled William fell towards the ground but didn’t mind as his embrace on Buffy tightened, making sure that there was no space in between them at all. The younger vampire let out a stifled moan when he felt Buffy’s hands run through his hair, slightly tugging at the blonde curls. Eagerly he ran his hands down her back, massaging the skin underneath the fabric. Buffy could feel adrenaline pump through her small body as he began to nibble slightly on her bottom lip while he kissed her.

Eventually, the pair broke away from each other…barely…their mouths only several millimeters away from one another. A slight grin came upon the vampiress' face as she ran her hand down the side of his cool face. "Like I said…you are too sweet to me."

"And you’re too good to me too." He smirked, brushing his lips delicately against hers. And just the gentle brush of William’s lips quickly caught up the two vampires into another passionate embrace. This time it was more tender than before but had that animalistic undertone. Thankfully though, they had managed to be sitting up this time and leaning up against the trunk of the tree, Buffy straddling William’s lap. The blonde vampiress let out a whimper when he slid his hands up her and down her thighs.

Buffy took in a sharp breath as she pulled away from her companion; "Oh God…" She panted, feeling wrapped in warmth.

William’s face softened as he was now panting heavily himself, "I am sorry…I shouldn’t. We should go, before someone sees us." He breathed as he began to stand up but Buffy shoved him back down on the ground.

"No." She said firmly, placing his face in her hands, "no worrying." She gasped before plunging her mouth on to his once again.


To be continued…