A/n~ Posted the wrong chapter! Silly me! Sorry!

1900





She savored the warmth that was wrapped around her. She felt like she was in complete bliss and at peace. Taking in an unneeded breath she could almost feel afternoon’s breath rake over her small frame, covering her whole. Her eyelids felt heavy and wished she could fall back into a deep sleep.

She felt her lover’s arm pull her closer to him, his forearm hanging across her waist while his fingertips delicately played on bare hips. A small purr escaped rose from her throat when she felt those fingertips graze across her skin with grace. It seemed like an unconscious reaction to her closeness because ever since their first night together, before he had woken, he would pull her close to his body and just lay their stroking her skin. It was comforting to her, warming in a way.

A pleasured smile was brought to her lips when she thought of her lover. They had been together for 15 years now and had been friends for 20. She couldn’t ask for anything more. He was her equal, her confidant, her beloved and her friend.

For the last 15 years their gang of vampires had traveled everywhere…Belgium, France, Germany and Spain. God, how she missed Spain…it so was beautiful there. They had both missed Spain. They loved the people, the language, the culture and the music. It was passionate and everlasting. The vampire couple thought that it suited them. They had learned to dance their dances and did so with infatuation and eagerness. God how she missed Spain!

Angelus got bored with Spain though, he didn’t see the same beauty of it like she and her partner did, so they were forced to leave there and now they were here…in China. Angelus could feel that the new Slayer was here. He sought her out every night since the day that they had arrived. But he had yet to find her. He was thirsty for blood, Slayer’s blood. She could see it in his eyes. The hunger was raw and deadly. She hated looking into Angelus’s eyes…they frightened her. It did not frighten Dru though; she loved to bask in them…look into them for endless hours with a childlike obsession. She said they sparkled like the bright stars in the sky and she wanted to devour them. Whenever that would occur, Darla would roll her eyes and saunter off to another room. Over the last 15 years she had grown tired of Angelus…completely. They always argued about something…didn’t matter what but there was always something to argue about between them. Buffy could only see it as a short amount of time before her grandsire left them.

A slight shiver escaped the vampiress’s body when her lover’s hand began to travel up and down her satiny figure. He must still be asleep, she assumed while savoring in the way his soft touch effected her. It was loving and not demanding or space invading so she didn’t feel threatened.

Finally, bright hazel eyes opened and turned to the presence that was lying next to her. Entwining their legs together, Buffy stared up at him. He looked heavenly as he slept. His face seemed softer and younger. She was about to think that he was almost angelic looking but she knew from personal experience that he wasn’t all pure innocence as his face seem to let on.

A soft purr sprung from his mouth while he nuzzled the top of her head, which was conveniently tucked under his chin. "Mmm…Buffy…" He mumbled incoherently, well to the human ear, but Buffy could hear it loud and clear, which made a bright smile break out onto her face. "You are beautiful…" He mumbled once again, a relaxed smile setting upon his lips with ease. Taking in a deep breath through his nostrils so that he could engulf her scent. "Mine…forever to keep…"

The blonde vampiress beamed as she planted a virtuous kiss upon his lips, pulling away reluctantly before whispering into his ear, "you are mine too…Spike." She breathed into his ear canal.

For the longest time now she had some taken up to calling him Spike…she didn’t know when it happened but it did. He didn’t seem to mind though…he wasn’t the shy poet William anymore…he was a strong, confident vampire who adored her. Who would do anything for her if she asked. It was in moments of pure gentleness that she referred to him by his human name as he would refer to her true name in such moments.

"Come now…" She beckoned to him softly, her cool breath tracing along the brim of his hear. "Wake up now…" Spike let out a stifled groan as his eyelids fluttered open lazily and then eventually stared her in the eyes softly.

"There we go." She chirped quietly, running her hand through his dark blonde locks. "There are your eyes." She whispered, staring deeply into his eyes as they stared back at her. Remembering the first night she saw him and just how his eyes seemed to pull her in. They were so bright and breathtaking, every time she looked into them, she felt like she was staring into them for the very first time. Every time he blinked, the shades and colors of his blue orbs were changing constantly. She loved it.

"Hello…" He greeted kindly, trying to stretch his body but was stopped by Buffy’s thigh in between his own. "Decided to get all comfortable with me, eh?" He asked, one of his eyebrows raising up at her with amusement but incredible affection.

Buffy’s eyebrows knitted together, giving him a challenging look, "and if I did? What are you going to do about it?"

A sudden smirk appeared on the male vampire’s face as he heard her teasing challenge. "If I did do something about it, luv, I am afraid that you wouldn’t be able to walk for days and would like it too much." He chuckled, kissing her on the tip of her nose.

Buffy bit her lower lip as she began to contemplate his response, and then a bright and agreeing look passed over her features, "you’re right…I would…" She giggled slyly, looking up at him through her eyelids. A devious look caught her lips as she leaned forward towards his ear and smiled, "so go ahead and do it…like you said…I would like it." She purred into his ear, nibbling slightly on his earlobe with endearment.

A deep rumble erupted from his chest as he sneaked his hand around towards the back of her neck and placed her head down on top of his chest. "Would love too, pet. Trust me…I would but there is the factor of the Poofter and his sneaking suspicion of us."

Buffy let out a small whimper as her bottom lip stuck out slightly at him, "he has not asked about us for the longest time, my love." She sniffled and then buried her head in the crook of his neck and took a huge whiff of his scent. So sweet and appetizing. "It is several hours ‘till sundown…then we will be free to wander the streets with splendor…so we should enjoy the time we have…" She soothed against his skin, slightly nipping at his cool flesh and nuzzling the crook of his neck. Spike took in a sharp breath as her teeth grazed his jugular. He then took his hand and ran it through her long golden hair, bunching it his palms, intertwining his fingers with her soft tresses.



"Maybe…I could oblige this once." He joked; planting peppered kissed down her face and then towards her neck. He paused slightly though when he saw her scar. He had first noticed almost several days after their first endless session of passion. They were lying together in each other’s embrace when he saw the faint bite mark on her throat. He had asked her about it. She told him it was from Angelus, when she was just a fledgling. She was his lover then and let him mark her, as a sign that she was his.

Spike lightly ran the tip of his thumb over the subtle mark on her throat and sighed, Angelus’s territorial brand always left a painful feeling in his gut. She had not allowed him to mark her, yet, so that he could make her, his. She told him that she would let him eventually, when it was right for both of them. So Spike had waited patiently for 15 years and he had still not been allowed to do it.

"What’s wrong?" Buffy breathed with concern, looking up at him with worry. He had a blank stare on his face. Following his gaze, Buffy let a pang of guilt wash over her when she realized what he was staring at. "Oh, William…" she gasped painfully, cupping his cheek with her hand, running her thumb down his highly arched cheeks. "I am so sorry…"

"No it is okay…" he compelled, sending her a smile and the shook his head, taking his mind away from her scar. "I shouldn’t…"

"Shhh…" Buffy shushed him as she placed her finger over his lips, "I know what you want…and I-"

Buffy’s sentence was then cut off when Spike’s lips smashed up against hers in a passionate kiss. When he eventually pulled away though, he looked sincerely into her eyes, "don’t worry about it, I’ll be fine. I have you now, s’all that matters." He grinned at her, planting a deep kiss on her lips once again, wrapping his arms tighter around her waist and eased her on top of his frame. "Now…are you up for the challenge?" He taunted, wiggling his eyebrows slightly at her, which made her giggle.

"No…the question is, love." She rumbled as she grabbed his wrists and pinned him to the bed, letting the sheet that was wrapping them both, fall from the smooth curve of her back. "Are you?"

Spike’s eyes widened as he gazed up at his lover, oh God… "You are so beautiful…a goddess. I could have you forever." He whispered in a dazed matter, continuing to stare up at her with true and utter amazement.

"You are not so bad yourself…" she smirked at him, her hand hovering over his skin as she ran it down his chest, receiving a pleading look from him. He wanted her to touch him but she was teasing him. She knew he hated it…a whole bundle. "Divine even…" She purred, before leaning forward and kissed him deeply and intimately, then locked her arms around his neck, pulling herself even closer to him, molding their frames with one another.

They wanted it to never end…





To be continued…