1900





Her tired eyelids opened slowly as she felt consciousness take over her body and a misty haze glaze over her eyes. Stretching her body, Buffy could feel that her legs and arms had been worked to the best of their capabilities, and the tension that had been built up in her muscles only hours ago had finally melted away.

When the fog that had glazed over eyes had finally evaporated, the blonde vampiress let her gaze follow over towards the only window in her bedroom. Though it was heavily covered with midnight hued drapes, Buffy could almost see and definitely feel sunset’s glow cover the land. It was almost time for the moon to cover the sun. The time when she would have to say goodbye to this sweet dream she had been living for the past 15 years and head back into the reality she sometimes wished never existed but could tolerate because it was a part of her. The time when her sweet lover would slip away from her sheets and wrap himself in his own…sometimes with his sire. A slight feeling of jealously tingled throughout the blonde vampiress’s body…why did Dru think she had to have both Angelus and Spike?

Buffy’s eyes fluttered close slightly as she tried to push back the envy that coursed throughout her form. Spike said that he would always be Buffy’s…that he felt nothing for Dru and felt everything for her. That’s not what bothered the blonde but the fact was that Dru thought that everything was hers. Anything or anyone she touched belonged to her…it sickened Buffy and tensed her up.

The tightening of the muscles in her body filtered away though when she felt her beloved, bury his face in the crook of her neck, nuzzling the curve where her collarbone and her throat met. His arm snaked up around her waist as he spooned himself up against her. It brought a warm smile to her face.

With a sudden desperate need to walk around, Buffy gently and cautiously eased herself out of her lover’s comforting embrace and slowly made her way towards the other side of the room, towards one of the large various paintings that adorned the wooden walls of her bedroom. The room was fairly large, compared to the ones she had before. Buffy curled her toes, taking comfort in the way the texture of the Persian rug that lay under her feet fit between her dainty toes.

The blonde vampiress wrapped her arms around her body when she felt the cold draft of the mansion pass by her, a shudder escaping her body. Turning her head, she saw the way the sweet candlelight of her chamber play off her lover’s bare form, one of her silky creamed colored sheets covering the lower half of his body. She would’ve taken the sheet from him but Buffy didn’t want to wake him. He looked so wonderful resting there.

Shaking her head silently to herself, Buffy turned back around to the large oak chest that sat in front of her. Biting her bottom lip, she quietly opened the first drawer and her eyes brightened with excitement as she saw what she kept in there. A smile captured her lips as she took it out of the drawer and admired it with loving memories.

"I see you still have it." A soft voice purred into her ear and Buffy suddenly felt strong arms wrap themselves around her waist along with the sheet from her bed, then the slight contact of their bodies molding with one another.

"Thought you were asleep." She sighed, leaning her head back against his chest and placed her arms over the ones that were wrapped around her.

"Well…I was asleep…" he smirked as he leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on the back of her shoulder, "I tried to reach out for you but you weren’t there…so I woke up…thought something was wrong." He whispered with concern, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Nothing is wrong…wanted to walk around is all…" She told him reassuringly, turning her head so that she could plant a wholesome kiss on one of his highly etched cheekbones, "see…I am perfectly fine and content." She breathed against his neck, taking one of her hands and ran her hand up his cheek and through his tousled hair.

A pleased smile covered her mouth when she felt a delicate shudder flow down his lean frame. "Oh, do not start this now, luv…I have to head back into my own room here in a bit…don’t know if I can do that when you tempt me like this."

Buffy let a small chuckle rumble through her chest as she turned around to face him, locking her arms tightly around his neck. "No tempting occurring here…it is all you…" She smiled deviously at him, running her hands through the small hairs on the back of his neck. "I am just being me."

"Yes, I know…" He said, placing his hands on the small of her back, bringing them closer, "and that’s just it." He mumbled, nuzzling the side of face, planting delicate kisses on her pale cheeks before coming in contact with her lips, trying to consume her completely.





~*~





Darla grumbled with frustration as she sat all prim and proper in her rocking chair. In the room next to her, she could hear the actions that were going on between her childe and Drusilla. This is what it had been like for the last couple of months and Darla was having a hard time containing her temper. Angelus felt the need to rub in his relationship with Dru in her face all the time. He liked to see how angry it got her.

She didn’t know when her anger for him began. Probably after William was sired or maybe it was when Angelus made Buffy. Or it could have been somewhere in between there?

The older vampiress felt miserable and she felt alone. She hated it here…she despised it. Why did she choose to go with Angelus in the first place? She should’ve stayed with the Master. If she did, she wouldn’t be sitting here…trying to drone out the painful yet pleasured screams that came from both Drusilla and Angelus.

"I cannot listen to this any longer!" She grumbled, slamming the book that she was reading shut and stomped out of her room. "At least it will be quieter in the study." She said a loud to herself, making her way down the long corridor of their mansion, the screams of her childe and her grandchile fading away. "Peace at last…" she whispered to herself continuing to stroll down the hall when she came across Buffy’s room and stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the muffled noises of both the young vampiress and Spike.

Tentatively she took a step towards the door and almost burst out laughing as listened to the sounds of the pair, the occasional sighs or joyous moans that came from their mouths. Then came the soft whispers of comfort and affection.

The older vampiress shook her head, stepping away from the door with a smug and amused look passing over her features. So her suspicions over the past few years had been right. It explained a lot though…with the looks that they would send each other when they thought no one was looking. The way their eyes sparkled when she, Angelus and Darka would leave the room. Yes…it explained a lot.

Darla held her head high as continued to walk down the corridor, pondering the many ways Angelus would try to torture and kill Spike for touching Buffy that…intimately. It would be fun to watch and relish in. She would give everything she owned to see Angelus in utter pain and conflict. Of course, she was tempted to just bolt down that hallway and tell him how the vampire he loathes the most was with his own childe, holding one another in such a passionate embrace and that they were doing it right under his nose. But amazingly she wasn’t going to tell him. Why you may ask? Well of course it would be more painful for Angelus to find out for himself than for Darla to tell him. It would be divine though when it would finally happen. Too bad Darla probably wouldn’t be hanging around much longer to see it.

"Too bad…" she mumbled to herself, continuing down the hall.





~*~





"Do you have to leave?" Buffy pouted as she wrapped the bed sheet tighter around her body, watching as Spike was dressing himself. "Now?"

Spike finally turned his head around to look at her when he heard the pleading sound in her voice, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "You know how much I wish to stay with you…but there if I don’t leave then I will be more than tempted to ravage you for the fourth time this afternoon. We don’t want Angelus walking in on us because we both know how badly that will end up." He told her, looking deeply into her eyes, running his hand down the length of her hair, causing a soft but happy sigh to come out of her mouth. "You understand?"

Buffy looked up at him and slowly nodded, placing a kiss on the hand that remained delicately on her hair, "seeing you…" She whispered quietly, a look of longing and sadness filling her eyes. Yes she would only see him in a couple of hours but when she would see him next they would have to pretend. They would have to pretend who they were to each other, what they meant to one another and how it had effected them. She hated to pretend…

"Seeing you…" he whispered back, planting a kiss on the top of her head. Before he left her alone, he sent her a charming smile, but just as he was about though, he felt her small hand on his elbow.

"Spike…" she said, tugging at his elbow so that he would turn around to face her. Before he knew it, she smashed her lips up against his in a heated kiss, "Bye…"





~*~





Drusilla giggled like a small child as she shut the heavy door to Spike’s room as quietly as she could. Turning around, a bright smile was brought to the raven-haired vampiress when she saw her ocean lying in his bed, sound asleep.

"My pretty little ocean," she cooed, swaying over to his bedside with a predatory undertone. "Your eyes sing to me, a pretty little song…"

Spike’s eyes fluttered open as he heard the soft tone of his sire. And almost let out a disappointed groan when he saw her, when he really wanted it to be Buffy. "Hello Dru…" He greeted her casually, running a hand through his blonde locks.

Drusilla furrowed her eyebrows together as she circled around the bed and climbed in next to him. "My puppy…mine…" She said firmly, laying her head down his chest, clutching at the sheets that covered his body. "Angelus will not touch my ocean…he thinks you’ve been a bad boy and wants to punish you." She sighed as she removed her head from his chest and looked him dead in the eyes; "mummy tells him that only she can only touch her puppy…no one else. She told him that if anyone touches her puppy she would drain their insides and make pretty fire with them. Would you like to see it?"

"Maybe…" he said reluctantly, turning on his back so that he was looking directly up at the ceiling and away from the hungry eyes of the vampiress that was lying next to him in his bed.

A long silence passed between the pair as they lay there. Dru gazed at him with utter affection, then looking at him closer she let a bright smile cover her mouth. "The Slayer’s blood will hum in your veins my sweet…it will make the prettiest song. My wicked Spike."

Spike’s eyebrows furrowed as he turned on his side to look over at his sire, who was lying on her back, giggling with madness. "What?"

"I am seeing it my pet," she hissed while continuing to laugh madly, "oh, it is so pretty. The pretty flames dance around you my ocean…there is blood…it tastes so sweet…"

Before Spike could utter another word though, Dru bounded out of the room and slammed the door behind her.

"Bloody hell…" Spike muttered as he fell back onto his bed and tried to go back to sleep.





To be continued…