1900



Spike couldn’t help but chuckle as the Slayer tried to lash out at him again with her sword, which he conveniently side stepped away from. They had been fighting without end for the longest time. Each of them trading harsh blows to one another while Spike continued to avoid her sword.

"You enjoying this as much as I am?" He asked her tauntingly, knowing that she wouldn’t understand a word he was saying.

"Shut up!" She hissed at him in her foreign tongue, her eyes dancing with fire, attempting to skewer him with her sword once again, one of her slashes managing to catch the sleeve of his shirt, a trail of blood dripping down his arm. The blonde vampire growled as he fully attacked the Chinese Slayer, all fists and fangs. Constantly throwing skillful punches and hard kicks at her. The Slayer didn’t back down though because she easily blocked them and managed to slice him on the other arm with her sword.

"You know, how is a bloke supposed to fight you when he is weaponless." Spike noted as threw a roundhouse kick at the Slayer, knocking her to the ground and the sword out of her hand. "That’s better." He smirked, stalking over towards the young woman, ready for the final blow but was taken aback when she sprung back up on her feet and kicked him in the chest, sending him flying across the building.

Spike groaned with frustration as he watched the fires from the chaos of the village. They were growing rapidly and making their way inside the building.

Shaking his head, Spike pulled himself up off the ground, only to have the Slayer’s sword slash across his forehead, a dangerous slit forming across his eyebrow, his own blood pouring down his face. A short gasp escaping from his throat when her hand gripped around his throat and slammed him up against a nearby pillar, her blade centimeters from his throat.

"Time to die vampire!" She hissed as she drew her sword back for the final blow. Spike’s eyes wide with fear.


~*~


"The twilight sings pretty songs to me." Dru cooed as she gripped tightly on to Angelus’ forearm as she, Angelus and Buffy traveled through the streets. Darla had left them earlier in the evening due to her lack of attention and excitement of tonight’s hunting. Buffy watched the pair with boredom.

"I bet it does Dru. But do the stars tell you where the Slayer is?" He asked her gently, as if he was speaking to a child. A look of longng passing over his face as he stopped them in their tracks. Running his rough hand delicately down the vampiress’ face, Angelus tried to get her attention focused on him rather than what was around them. After several beats, Dru finally looked at her sire with a coy smile.

"Bad Daddy." She snapped at him with a slight playfulness in her tone. "I told you the stars wish to keep it a secret. They say the Slayer’s death is not by your hands but of a puppy. The stars like to play cruel jokes." She chuckled with complete giddiness.

At the mention of the word ‘puppy’, Buffy’s full attention focused on the crazed vampiress. She had heard Dru use that term before, but on…William! It was William she was speaking of. He had told Buffy many times of when Dru would come into his bed that and call him that.

"A puppy?" Angelus asked her with confusion.

"Yes…" Drusilla hissed, resting her head on his shoulder, looking blankly up at the stars. "The puppy. Such a small thing, with tiny claws and small teeth but it can be ruthless. It is lovely. But it will be a big dog soon…all grown up." She then snapped her head over towards a near by alley and smiled wickedly, "I smell fear." She whispered hoarsely into Angelus’ ear, her attention now fully focused on the darkened alley that was hidden in the shadows.

"You do?" Angelus chuckled deeply into her ear, nuzzling the side of her face and had completely forgotten about the Slayer’s kille. "Tell me about it…"

Drusilla chuckled, as she closed her eyes lightly, as if she were listening to something. "The babe cries with hunger. But sister tells her to hush, ‘only bad girls cry’ she says." Dru’s eyes flew open abruptly, her dark eyes wide with wonder and excitement. "Poor mummy is gone underground…sleeping. They cry for her and for fear." She chuckled deeply, turning her head so that she could look at him. "I can hear their blood, it is screaming. Shall we got meet their insides?" She asked sweetly before kissing his lips fully, an impish smile planted on her red blood lips.

"Of course, lover." Angelus purred into her ear, before kissing her back in a harsh, dominating matter. "We shall create havoc." He whispered before grabbing her hand as they boy crept into the nearby alley, forgetting that Buffy was even there with them.

"William." Buffy whispered with panic as she turned on her heels and ran down the street, searching for her lover.


~*~


Spike’s eyes widened as he saw the Slayer draw back her sword. She had a dark gleam in her eyes. They seemed bottomless and lost. As if she had nothing left in the world. She quickly hesitated and that was all Spike needed.

Seeing her distracted, Spike quickly pushed her away from his body and then kicked the sword out of her hands. He growled, sending another kick towards her chest, which pushed her down to the ground and with lightening speed Spike was right by her side.

"Trying to stake me with your sword?" He chuckled deeply as he picked her up off the ground by her shirt collar, then wrapped his arms around her neck, holding her in place. "Clever."

Slight tears ran down the Slayer’s cheeks as she could feel her death creep down her spine. "Tell my mother…I’m sorry." She whispered to him, almost a look of relief passing over her face.

"Sorry, luv," he said as he brought forth his demon visage, looking down at her neck with utter anticipation. "I don’t speak Chinese." He growled before slamming his teeth into her jugular, drinking her with eagerness until she was dry of blood.

"William…" Buffy’s honeyed voice whispered as she stood in the broken doorway of the building.

The male vampire easily shrugged off his demon mask before dropping the girl’s dead body towards the ground and then made his way towards his lover. "The Slayer…I did it." He said to her, turning around to look at the body he had just drained.

"I knew Dru was talking about you when she called you ‘puppy’," Buffy said to herself as she also stared at the body that was lying on the ground. Her eyes then drifted towards his face, where the blood from the cut on his eyebrow was pouring down his face and neck. "You’re hurt." She murmured quietly to him, reaching out to touch the gash across his eyebrow.

"I am okay…don’t worry." He told her gently, running his hand reassuringly down her cheek. "M'fine." He smirked as she leaned into his touch, shutting her eyes as she felt the sensation of his hand on her skin. "Does the Poofter and Dru know that you are away?"

Buffy finally opened her eyes, as she looked at him deeply, her chest felt heavy and her stomach felt light. "No…they’re busy…feeding," she whispered deeply to him, running her hand down the side of his face and then planted a chaste kiss on his lips. "Spi-…"

Before Buffy could even finish what she was saying, her lover grabbed her hips roughly, lifting her up off the ground and pushed her up against and nearby pillar. Letting out a small gasp of surprise as she felt hismouth smash up against hers. She felt warm all over. She always felt this way whenever he was around. It was just the way he looked at her, the way he touched her when no one was around to watch them. It comforted her, made her feel human and alive.

"William," she moaned slightly when she felt his kiss drop away from her lips and towards her neck. He knew she liked it when he kissed her there. Especially when he placed short, sweet pecks there, sometimes nibbling with his teeth. She loved it. She wanted him and needed him. He was her mate.

Suddenly her hazel eyes flew open as she came to a sudden realization; it made her lips curl into a joyous smile. "William." She called out to him once again, this time sounding more serious.

When he had heard her voice speak to him, he pulled away from her neck and stared wonderfully at her face. "What is it?" He asked thoughtfully, running his hand down her face.

Her eyes fluttered close as she tried to piece through her thoughts. Trying to set out what she was going to say to him. "Nothing is wrong." She said almost innocently before looking up into his eyes. "I need you. To be with me…for as long as our existence may be…I want you there…to be my friend and my lover." She let out a heavy yet unneeded breath as she pulled her hair away from the side of her neck…the side where Angelus’s mark still lingered.

"Buffy…" He said breathlessly, knowing what she was asking him to do, looking down at her neck with awe as the veins in her neck shown through her snow-white skin. "Are you…do you know…what about Angelus?"

"It is alright…" she whispered to him, running her finger down his lips slowly. "Don’t worry…he’s too wrapped up in Dru to notice us anymore. And if he does suspect…we will both make sure he won’t find out." She planted another deep kiss on his lips, wrapping her arms around his neck and ran her fingers through his hair. "Please…now…" She whispered sensually into his ear, "I want you…"

Spike took in a deep unneeded breath as he planted a chaste kiss on the scar before he brought forth his fangs and sunk them deeply into her neck, taking as much time as needed and hoped that it didn’t hurt her. As he began to drink from her, Spike could feel her fingers dig deeply into his scalp and tug at his curls. Sharp gasps of pain and pleasure were coming from mouth as he drank from her body. It tasted sweet and everlasting…he had never tasted anything like it. He had heard that a Slayer’s blood was the most delicious thing a vampire could taste, that it was an aphrodisiac …but this was so much better.

"Mine…" He gasped as he pulled his fangs away from her throat and slipped easily back into his human face. Before the vampiress could utter another word he kissed her, intensely as if his whole existence depended on it. Her blood on his mouth was washing into her own.

Passion overcame the blonde vampiress as she also pulled on her demonic mask and looked him deeply in the eyes, as if she was asking him a question and eagerly he nodded. Buffy let out a burning purr as she also slid her fangs into his neck. She felt over joyed when she heard several moans of excitement escape his throat as they both sunk to the ground in a tight embrace.



~*~


Angelus growled as he threw his shirt back on over his head, removing himself roughly off the bed where Dru was sleeping soundly. They had been back at the mansion for hours and yet he couldn’t shake the envious feeling that was coursing through out his body.

Spike had killed the Slayer…he hissed in his head as he began to pace the room. When the younger vampire had told him what had happened, Angelus could feel the need to lash out at the boy bubble in his gut. He was about to act on it though but Dru’s cackling and overly excited attitude had prevented him from doing so. She was extremely proud of her ‘puppy’, telling him what a good ‘dog’ he had been. Angelus didn’t want to ruin her happiness, even though it was directed at one of the beings that he hated with a fiery vengeance.

The brunette vampire growled as he stalked out of the room and down the hall but stopped when he heard a noise come from his sire’s room. Curious he turned around and threw open her door, which caused her to jump in pure surprise.

"What do you want now Angelus?" She growled at him, walking over to her closet and took out several dresses and threw them into an old suitcase. "I am busy." She snapped at him.

"Busy doing what exactly?" He asked suspiciously but with a tone of anger in his voice.

Darla sighed as she continued to pack some more of her things in a hurry, "I hear Spike did in a Slayer tonight…" She said, sending a impish glance over her shoulder, "didn’t know he had it in him. Guess that makes him one of us now." She purred before tending back to her clothes.

"What are you doing Darla!" Angelus growled with frustration as he continued to observe her.

"I’m leaving." She said simply, picking up her suitcase and turned to face him. "I’m getting on a train and I am leaving here. I can’t take it anymore." She huffed, pushing past Angelus and made her way towards the door but was stopped when he dashed towards it and stood in front of her.

"You can’t leave…I won’t let you." He told her with slight desperation. "Why are you doing this?"

"I am going back to the Master. At least he treats me with respect and adores me…I can’t say the same for you." She snapped as she tried to push past him but he wouldn’t budge.

"You are not going! I won’t let you. The Master is a fool and let you go. He didn’t want you…I do!" He growled at her, his figure toppling over hers.

"THE MASTER DID NOT LET ME GO ANGELUS! He gave me a choice and I chose…now I regret it. All you want is Dru…not me…not anymore and I will not sit by and watch you play with her." She shouted at him, her face lit with fire and pain. She had had it. "Goodbye Angelus. I hope you burn in hell one of these days." She bit at him once more before roughly shoving him aside and ran out of the room and out of the mansion, towards the train station.

Angelus let out a feral howl as he pulled back his fist and punched a nearby wall, his hand going right through it.


~*~


Buffy jumped up as she heard a loud, menacing howl irrupt throughout their mansion. Her body was shaking with fright as the howl was followed by a loud crash and by a primal growl.

"Angelus," she whispered with slight trembling, pulling her legs closer towards her body and wrapped her arms around her knees.

"What’s wrong?" Spike asked her as he sat up in bed and looked at her with worry, running his hand down the length of her golden hair and then kissed her temple.

"Nothing…just…Angelus…he woke me up." She stammered, leaning her head on his shoulder and took in a deep sigh. "I am fine now. Don’t worry." She reassured him, sending her lover a sweet smile.

"All right, luv." He said as he lay back down and pulled her down with him, laying her head on his chest, stroking her hair. He then pulled her hair away from her neck and looked down at the now prominent scar that was on her throat. He couldn’t believe she let him…he had wanted to do it so bad for such a long time and she let him. She was his. "Thank you…"

"For what?" She asked delicately, looking up at him with curious eyes.

"For letting me mark you…" He whispered, leaning forward and pressed a gentle kiss on her lips. "You don’t know how happy it makes me."

"And thank you for letting me do the same." She praised, nodding towards the bite mark that danced on his jugular before scooting up closer to him on the bed, leaning her forehead against his. "I told you…I want you to be my mate…for as long as our existence is."

Spike cupped her cheek as a bright smile covered his lips. "Buffy…" He breathed before capturing her mouth with his in an intimate kiss, his arms encircling her waist as he pulled her form on top of him.



To be continued…

(A/N- skipping ahead to the 1920s in the next one!)