William let out a painful cry as continued to tear at the coffin interior. He had to get out of there. He was trapped and the blood that was pouring from his hands was causing his stomach to rumble uncontrollably. Salty tears began to stream down his face as he tried to force his way out of the wooden box that he was kept in. Suddenly, the young man was relieved when he found the cover to the coffin. A new adrenaline running through him, William began to pound vigorously on the wood. The wood began to crack and break as William’s pounding became harder. Masses of dirt and soil began to pour through the hole that he was making.

The young man let out another cry of frustration as clawed his way through the dirt and soil.



~*~



Buffy watched as Dru began to spin around in circles. She was like a happy child that was receiving a present. The blonde vampire then turned her eyes towards her sire that was watching Dru with wide fascinated eyes. Darla stood next to him and couldn’t stop glaring at him but he was too infatuated with Dru to see how is own sire was looking at him.

An icy wind swept by the foursome as they continued to hover over the tombstone. Buffy wondered how this fledging would react to his new lifestyle. Did he know what he was in for?

Buffy was soon brought out of her thoughts though as Dru kneeled down beside the grave and smiled at it. "Come on my little one." She cooed softly, running her hand gently along the freshly placed soil. "Mummy is here."

The raven-haired vampire jumped back in surprise though when a pale hand shot up through the soil. Dru cried out with joy as the hand grasped onto the earth desperately.

Buffy watched in amazement as she watched the new fledging try to crawl out of the earth. She wondered what it was like to crawl out of your own grave. The panic you must feel when you wake up in your own coffin under ground. The female vampire was never buried after Angelus made her. All she remembered was waking up in Angelus’s bed, full of hunger and desire for human blood.

Buffy slightly jumped back as clods of dirt and soil began to fly everywhere as William continued to climb out of the earth. Finally she saw his head come out of the ground. He seemed to be gasping for breath, even though he really didn’t need it, but the look on his face was just pure shock and horror. She watched as painful tears fell down his face, mixing in with the dirt that covered his perfectly arched cheeks. As she continued to watch the vampire crawl out of his grave, Buffy could hear the faint laughing of Dru and Angelus.

"My pretty ocean has risen." Dru giggled evilly as William’s whole body was not finally out of the grave. His legs were drawn up into his chest, while his arms were wrapped around his legs.

Angelus chuckled at his crazed childe, running a hand down her long black hair, "why don’t you go say hello then Dru?"

Dru nodded happily as she slowly made her way towards William’s side. "Hello my little William." She cooed softly. The frightened fledgling snapped his head towards Dru, his eyes widened when he finally recognized her.

"What have you done to me?" He asked her hoarsely. Buffy couldn’t help but stare at those bright blue eyes of his. They were powerful and bright. They were entrancing her.

"Oh don’t worry my lovely…" She purred softly, reaching out to touch him but he slightly flinched away from her, "mummy is going to take care of you now. No need to worry."

Darla shook her head as she watched the newly risen vampire flinch away from his sire. "Look at what you’ve done now, Angelus." She hissed at her childe who looked at her with anger. "He will not survive, he seems to human. We will be forced to carry his weight now. I knew this was a bad idea. I say we stake him now before he gives us trouble."

"No!" Angelus barked at her, his face slipping into his vampire visage. "He stays. Whatever Dru wants, Dru gets!"

Before Darla could respond though, a loud shrilling cry interrupted them. All of them snapped their heads towards young William who was staring at Angelus with fearful eyes. "YOU ARE THE DEVIL!" He screamed as he pointed towards Angelus’s vampire mask. "What are you! What are you!"

Angelus let out a fierce growl as he stalked over towards the young vampire and lifted him off the ground by his collar but William continued to struggle in his grasp.

"Let me go! Let me go!" He cried, more tears falling from his eyes as he stared at Angelus’s yellow ones.

Angelus’s growled once more before he cocked his fist back and smacked William hard across the jaw, sending him into unconsciousness.

Dru ran over to her childe’s side and shook her head at him and then turned to look at her sire. "Bad Daddy. Scaring my baby like that." She smiled at him with amusement. "Now he is sleeping again. My poor little ocean."

Angelus’s shook his head as his human face returned and smirked at Dru, throwing his arm over her shoulders. "Do not worry Dru…I know something that will make you all better. How about we all go out hunting tonight?" He then lowered his lips towards her ear and whispered quietly, "I promise double the bloodshed than last night."

Dru giggled with delight but then her face became serious as she remembered her little William. "What about my ocean? He will be all alone."

Angelus looked her reassuringly and nodded towards his other childe who was still staring at William with amazement. "Buff, will take care of him till we get back." Buffy tore her gaze away from William and back at her sire and Dru. "Won’t you lover?" Buffy nodded in response and then turned back towards William. "Good, and make sure you clean him up." He ordered to her before he spun on his heels with Dru and then wrapped his arm around Darla’s waist pulling her towards him as the three of them made their way out of the cemetery.




~*~



William let out a painful groan as his blue eyes began to flutter open. He was surprised to find himself lying on a soft bed, thick red drapes surrounding it. He could hear the faint crackling of a fire going. William felt immensely cold and somewhat frightened. He remembered what had happened in the graveyard and that made him even more scared. What had happened to him?

The new fledgling let out a small gasp though when he felt a hot cloth being placed against his forehead. He looked over next to him and saw a golden angel sitting next to him. She was beautiful. He opened his mouth as if he was trying to say something but he couldn’t manage to get any words out.

"Are you okay?" She asked him quietly, wiping the dirt off of his face.

"I-I am o-okay." He stuttered slightly, looking at her in wonder. "W-who a-are you?"

"My name is Buffy." She told him quietly, removing the cloth away from his face and placed it back in a bowel of water and then took it out and then put it back on his forehead to wipe the dirt away.

William slightly smiled at the angel; "I am –"

"I know who you are…William." She whispered to him silently and he saw that worry that was in his eyes earlier set in again.

"Yes but what am I?" He asked as he sat up in the bed and then lowered his gaze towards the sheets of the bed. "W-what did that w-woman or t-thing do to me?"

Buffy sighed as she ran her hand through his hair. "She made you a…" The blonde sighed as she wondered how he was going to react but he would have to find out sooner or later, "vampire."



To be Continued…