William’s eyes went wide as he heard her words. A look of horror set upon his gentle face. "I-I am a what?" He choked. The rumbling and the feeling of emptiness in his stomach that he had been experiencing ever since he had woken up in his coffin were getting worse and it was driving him mad.

Buffy let out a long sigh as she took the cloth away and placed it back in the bowel once again, letting it absorb more water. After a while she took it out, taking his hands in hers, she began to clean the dirt from the wounds on his knuckles. She could feel her hunger and desire for blood coming forth for the first time in several days. It was understandable though; she hadn’t fed in almost 2 days. Shaking it off she finally looked William in the eyes. She did not like affect they had on her.

"A vampire." She said once again, her eyes drifting away from his and back at his damaged hands which would fully heal in a couple of hours due to his vampire status. Slowly, she moved her eyes back up towards his face once again and could see the shocked and confused look he was giving her.

"We are creatures of the night that thrive on the blood of the living. Forced to live for eternity without aging…without growing old." Buffy sighed once again as she waited for him to say something but he just continued to stare at her with that shocked look on his face. "Last night…Druscilla made you into what you are now. She’s your maker, you’re sire."

William let a sharp breath out as he gripped the silk sheets tightly in his palms, shaking his head side to side. His dark blonde curls waving in front of his face with disbelief. "No. No. No. No!" He muttered to himself, tears falling down his face once again. "I can’t be this…monster…this demon that lives on blood. I can’t kill humans!" William's head shot in her direction, his blue eyes giving her a pleading look. "I have a family! I have to take care of my mother, she’s ill. She’ll die without me!"

"Shh…" Buffy soothed as she pulled the new fledgling into her arms, placing his head on her shoulder.

His tears poured out from his eyes and onto her shoulder, running along her pale skin with ease. She knew what it was like. The pain and confusion he was feeling. After Angelus had made her she realized the weight of the choice she had made. It was like a heavy weight had been placed on her shoulders and all she wanted to do was give up. She didn’t want to kill humans but eventually she learned to live with it. She killed now… she did it without worrying if it was wrong or not, it was her nature and she had to do it to survive. Lately though she had been avoiding her true nature and it had caused her immense hunger that was hard to ignore. She would have to go out and eat eventually.

Buffy was pulled out of her thoughts though when she heard William’s crying calm down and felt the flow of his tears along her collar bone stop.

"Are you okay?" She whispered to him quietly, pulling his head gently away from her shoulder and looked softly into his eyes. He shyly nodded his head and began to wipe away the tears that were still on his cheeks.

William let out an unneeded breath as he looked at her once again. "How did it happen to you? How did you become what you are?"

Buffy sighed as she moved away from the bed and towards the bowel that sat at the bed’s side, rinsing it out. After a long moment of silence, she finally spoke to him. "Back when I was human, I went by the name Elizabeth Summers. I use to read books constantly. I was never allowed to attend school so that’s where I obtained my knowledge. I learned about History, Geography, Mathematics and Literature. My father disapproved of it and I received several whippings for it."

Buffy slightly flinched at the memory of her father and touched her back softly where there were several long scars along her skin. The blonde vampire sighed as she sat down next to William, politely he moved over so that she would be able to have more room on the bed.

"When I was around the age of 20 my mother began to grow ill and frail, and several months later she died." Her voice wavered slightly as she spoke of her mother but easily shook it off and continued. "That’s when things turned around. That is when my father turned to prostitutes and other women for comfort. Spending majority of his time in their beds instead of at home with me."

"It was on my 21st birthday that Angelus came to me." Buffy shut her eyes as the memory went through her mind. "I was walking home from a small gathering and I saw him. I do not know how it happened but for some reason I followed him. I met him in a nearby alley and that’s where he spoke to me for the first time. Somehow, he knew that I was unhappy with the world and my life. He knew about my father and of my mother. He told me that he could take it all away. All the pain and suffering so that I could have what I wanted." Buffy finally opened her eyes and turned to look at William who was listening to her closely. He was deeply intrigued by her.

"I was mesmerized by him. He knew everything about me. How I felt and what I wanted." She let out an unneeded sigh and continued on with her story, "I had been promised things before…everyone of them broken by the person who made them. But the way he said things to me. The way he looked when he said them. I knew he wouldn’t break a promise to me. So, I accepted his offer and that’s when he…" Buffy trailed off as she placed her head in her hands. William watched as she removed her head away from her palms.

There she was in her true face, yellow eyes, fangs and all. She quietly waited for him to gasp and run away in fright but he didn’t. All he did was stare at her with curiosity and integument. Tilting his head to the side he reached his hand out and slowly ran the tips of his fingers along the ridges of her forehead. He slightly smiled as he ran one of his fingers slowly down her lips and along her sharp fangs. After a while of exploring her features, he reluctantly pulled his hands away and then looked into her now hazel eyes.

"Is this what my face looks like too?" He asked her gently.

"Yes…" She whispered. "If you think it about really hard, your face will shift and change into what mine looks like."

William nodded his head as he shut his eyes and began to think about it. The ridges, the eyes, and the fangs. Slowly but surely, his face shifted into his vampire one. After a while he opened his now yellow eyes.

"Did it work?"

Buffy smiled gently as she took his hands in hers and placed them gently on his face. William’s hand wandered as he discovered his demon face. Slowly, his fangs and ridges faded away and he was left with his human face and a deep rumbling sound in his stomach.

Buffy slightly giggled as she heard his stomach call out and took his hand once more, guiding him off of the bed. "Come on…let’s get you something to eat."

William nodded as he followed Buffy out of the room and out of the mansion, out in the cold streets of London. Slowly, they walked through the streets, falling in step with each other. Several couples did a double take as they saw the attractive couple walk by them.

Eventually they made it to a nearby alley where the normal human eye could barely see anything because it was so dark but to the vampire one, you could see everything perfectly. Buffy took William by the shoulders and pushed him deeper into the shadows, stopping when he finally bumped into the wall.

"Stay here." She told him softly as she turned on her heels and quickly ran out of the alley.



~*~




The man smiled to himself as he strolled along the cobblestone streets of London. He was heading home from his accounting firm. He had spent the day barking at his employees and even made them stay 4 hours longer than they were supposed to. What fools! He thought to himself, silently chuckling. It was good to be the boss.

He was passing by the alley near his flat when a young woman bumped into him. "Oh I am so sorry sir." She apologized to him, bending down to pick her coin purse up off the street but he quickly did it for her.

"It is alright." He smiled at her. She was a beautiful woman. She had long blonde hair that cascaded freely down her shoulders and down her emerald dress that fit snug against the upper part of her body, accenting her breast. Her face was pale but had had an ageless beauty to it. Her hazel eyes shown at him and he couldn’t help but feel enraptured by them.

"Oh, no it is not alright. You see, my poor dog has run away from me and I think he ran into that there alley." The woman told him as her face softened and had the look of total helplessness. "But, oh sir, I am too afraid to go in there all alone for I have no male escort with me. Would be ever so kind as to assist me?"

The man smiled as he took his arm in hers and patted her on the hand. "Don’t worry, miss. I will help you." He said before they headed inside the dark alley.




~*~




William let out another unneeded breath as he waited for Buffy. He didn’t feel afraid of what he was around her. He didn’t feel like his life was over. He just hoped that the other demons he had met in the graveyard earlier tonight would treat him the same way that she had.

He suddenly was brought out of his thoughts though when he heard her voice and another man’s.

"Oh, sir, I just don’t know what happened!" Buffy told him with worry in her voice as she continued to lead them through the darkness. "I was walking him along and then he just ran away from me."

"Don’t worry miss." The man reassured her, patting her on the arm kindly. "We will find him." He then felt the woman’s arm leave his as he continued to walk down the alley but stopped when he finally reached a dead end. "I am sorry miss but…"

As the man turned around he gasped at what he saw. There was the beautiful woman standing two inches away from him but she didn’t look beautiful anymore, she looked like a monster.

"Oh God!" He gasped as Buffy grabbed him by the throat and shoved him up against the wall, pinning him.

Buffy looked over her shoulder at William who she could now see watching her with amazement. She slightly giggled at him, "come here William." She beckoned him over gently with her other hand. Slowly William emerged from the shadows and shyly walked over towards her.

"What do we do now?" He asked her curiously, darting his eyes between Buffy and the now unconscious male who had fainted just after Buffy shoved him up against the wall.

Buffy said nothing as she brought forth her vampire face and lowered her fangs towards his neck and began to drink his blood. William watched with keen interest as Buffy literally sucked the life out of the unsuspecting man. Now knowing what to do; William also brought forth his vampire mask and just like Buffy slowly leaned in towards the other side of the man’s neck…




To Be Continued…