A/n ~ thanks to you all who left me reviews! I really appreciate it!

Buffy watched silently as William continued to drink from one of their several victims of the night. The new fledgling had gotten use to his new lifestyle. Buffy felt somewhat relieved that he wasn’t as frightened as he was in the beginning. It was a good thing.

The blonde vampire thought back long ago during her first few days as a vampire. She acted the same way he did. She first fell afraid and then easily adjusted to her knew role in the dark world. But thankfully she had Angelus to teach her the ways of the vampire realm. From the way Dru was acting, Buffy doubted that William would be able to survive as long without some guidance.

Anger began to fill the ‘woman’ as she thought about Dru. How dare she make her own childe and then have nothing do with him!

As Buffy watched William, a bright smile began to play on her lips. Even though he was a creature of the night, he seemed to retain some sort of childlike innocence as he drank from the woman’s neck. Suddenly, a loud thump echoed throughout the alley as he dropped her to the ground.

"You’re learning fast." She stated simply to him as he shifted back into his human façade and wiped the blood that was trickling down his chin.

William slightly smirked as he walked back towards her, running his hand through his dark blonde hair. "You taught me well."

"Thank you." Buffy acknowledged and she knew that if she were human that she would blush at that smirk he was sending her way.

"So where should we go next?" He asked gently but with a young child’s zealous enthusiasm.

Looking back up at the sky, Buffy could lightly see the sun’s ray creeping out beneath the clouds and sighed. "It is becoming sunrise…we should head back to the mansion."

William nodded silently as he took her arm in his and walked out of the alley together and on their way back to the mansion. There were several minutes of silence before William decided to speak.

"This Angel fellow…do you love him?" He asked shyly, almost regretting asking it. He shouldn’t be asking her such questions; it was rude and not like him.

"Angelus." She corrected him, not making eye contact with him but kept her eyes on the cobblestone streets.

"What?"

"His name is Angelus…not Angel." She corrected once again, slight glancing over at him and then back on the streets. "I tried calling him Angel awhile back. He got angry with me when I did that." She looked over at him and stared seriously into his eyes. "Don’t call him that…he thinks it is too human."

"Ok…" William nodded shyly and understandingly, "but do you…fancy him…you know…love him?"

Buffy began to smile at his nervousness but it faded away and instead she let out a heavy sigh. "He’s my sire. The one that made me. I have a bond with him by blood; I have a deep connection with him that will last for my entire existence. I don’t think it is love…you see…vampires…we can’t love." She said with a touch of sadness.

Of course she couldn’t prove that vampires couldn’t love. But for the last 50 years she hadn’t seen any sort of love or compassion come from the three vampires she resided with. In her vampire family there were only feelings of lust, pain, anger and loneliness. She hadn’t ever experience love.

"How do you know?" He asked quietly, slightly slowing his walking pace, looking at her with extreme curiosity. "There can be a possibility, you know."

"Maybe…" she quieted as she also slowed down her pace, falling in step with him once again. Her bright emerald dress, swerving from side to side as took each step. Her shoes tapping against the stone on the streets. "You’ll understand eventually."

"Yeah…" he sighed as he downcast his head, feeling the cool winter wind creeps up his back and along his neck.




~*~




Angelus fumed as he sat impatiently by the fire, the seething light from the flames reflecting off of his raging expression. It was near sunlight and she hadn’t returned yet. What made him even angrier was that she was out there with the new one. William, Angelus thought his name was but couldn’t seem to remember it. She had been complaining that she wasn’t in the mood to hunt and now that this new fledgling appeared she was so eager to feed. Angelus began to growl as he thought of the new fledgling and his childe together.

"Daddy don’t be mad." Dru cooed softly as she came up behind Angelus and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him lightly on the temple.

"She’s out with him Dru." Angelus huffed as his fingers dug into the soft material of the chair that he was sitting in.

"Sister is only taking care of him for me." Dru giggled with excitement, planting a soft kiss on his cheek. "My baby was only hungry and she wanted to feed him." She whispered sensually into his ear, running her hand gently down his chest and stomach. "But don’t worry Daddy, you’ll always have me."

Angelus shrugged roughly out of her grasp and continued to stare angrily into the fire. "Some fledgling won’t take my woman." He growled into the fire but the light was soon blocked off of his face as Dru stood in front of him. "Dru…"

"Shh…" Dru soothed, sitting down on his lap gently, "I will make you better." She whispered, running her nail down his cheek, drawing blood. Dru chuckled as she saw the crimson blood flow gently down his face. "See, already helping." She said before licking the blood off of his face. Angelus smirked as moved his lips closer to hers but they interrupted by the sound of the large mansion doors shutting. Both of the vampires turned their heads sharply towards the doors to see a laughing Buffy and William enter the room.

"Well, look who decided to show up finally." Angelus sneered as he bolted out of the chair, sending Dru to the floor.

"Angelus…" Buffy breathed in fright when she saw him. William furrowed his eyebrows together as he saw the look on her face.

Angelus shook his head as he turned his gaze away from Buffy and towards William who slightly flinched when he saw the older vampire look at him. The brunette vampire slightly chuckled as he sauntered over towards William.

"So this is William. Didn’t get a good look at him in the graveyard. Too covered in dirt to know what he looked like." Angelus smirked as he began to circle the young blonde vampire that felt slightly nervous with Angelus’s gaze. "I give him 5 years…10 max. It will be interesting though. Can’t wait to see what happens." He grinned impishly and looked over his shoulder at Dru. "Dru, why don’t you take our new little friend to bed."

"Oh…that would be wonderful Daddy." She chirped as she skipped childishly over to William who felt slightly scared and intrigued by her presence. He figured it was that sire relationship that Buffy was talking about. "Come now my ocean." She beckoned taking him by the hand and led him towards her bedroom.

When he finally heard the sound of Dru’s door closing, Angelus snapped his head towards Buffy and threw daggers at her through his eyes. "Did you have fun tonight?"

Buffy cocked her head to the side and slightly grinned at him, knowing why he looked so angry. "Yeah…I did actually. He learns quickly."

Angelus shook his head as he moved his way towards her, standing at least two inches from her. "You can’t grow attached Elizabeth." He hissed, causing Buffy to flinch at the tone that he used her real name.

"Who said I was!" She barked right back, getting up in his face. The flames from the fire, dancing off of her face, making her face seem menacing and irritated.



"You aren’t now but you will eventually." He told her firmly, running his hand down her arm gently and then gripped it tightly, and if she were human he would have cut off her circulation. "He isn’t yours to keep Buff!"

Buffy let her true face come forward as she flung Angelus off of her, sending him flying into another wall. Letting a primal growl rise from her throat Buffy turned on her heels and stormed into her room, slamming the door behind her.



To be Continued…