A sharp pain shot through William’s spine as the man shoved him up against the wall, a tight grip locking onto his throat as the man looked wickedly at the new fledgling. William tried to yell for his companion but failed to do so as the man tightened his grip on William’s throat.

"Please…" William managed to cough out as the man just held him to the wall, grinning like a mad man. Obviously, he had done this before.

"Give me your money, mate!" The man barked in a rough accent, his breath blowing in William’s face. It smelled strongly of cheap alcohol.

The young fledgling finally now realized as he stood in front of this man, how huge and big he was. He must have been almost 7 feet tall and had very broad shoulders with bulging arms to go along with them. His face was a square shape and was mostly decorated with scars giving him a sort of ruggedness about him. His eyes were a pure black but had a yellowish tint in them that you could barely see.

William opened his mouth as he was trying to say something but from the man’s death like grip he wasn’t able to. The man noticed this and loosened his hold barely on William, but just enough for him able to speak.

"Give me your money mate!" The man yelled again, his face inching closer to William’s. Who didn’t look petrified at all but seemed amused by this man’s actions.

"Sorry, I don’t have any money, mate!" William mocked him in a rough tone that caused the anger to rise in the thief’s in body. "So if you just let me go, I will be on my way now…"

The man growled as he plucked William from the wall and twisted his arm roughly behind his back. The fledgling cried out in immense pain as he heard the bones in his arm crack. And before he knew it, a jagged knife was placed against his throat temptingly.

"I think you’re lying." He hissed into William’s throat, digging it slightly into his skin. A few drops of crimson blood dripping down the blonde vampire’s neck.

"Not lying." He chuckled deeply, his vampire visage coming forward. William growled as he dug his fangs into the man’s hand passionately.

The thief bellowed in pain as he removed his body from William’s and clutched his hand tightly. William smirked and breathed a sigh of relief as he shook off his vampire visage and back into his human while staring at the thief.

When the large man had stopped hanging onto his hand, he shot his eyes toward William and without another word he stalked over towards the fledgling and punched him hard across the jaw. Sending him towards the ground with a thud, William becoming unconscious in a second of hitting the ground.

The thief laughed with triumph as he stared down at the ‘man’ down on the ground. He was about to give him the final blow when he noticed a young voice call out and quickening footsteps coming up from behind him. Snapping his head towards the sound, the thief grinned like a fool as he saw the beautiful young woman run towards him.

"William!" She gasped when she saw her companion on the floor and the large man standing next to him.

"Come to join the fun little girl?" The thief asked Buffy as his eyes searched her body appreciatively. The man licked his lips with greed, fancying the way she looked. She appeared so virginal, the way her hair pooled down her shoulders in massive curls, resting on her breast. The dress she was wearing was a dark purple color that made her seem soft and delicate.

Buffy’s face-hardened as she stared at the human. The way he was looking at her sent a creeping feeling up her spine. She knew William shouldn’t have gone into the alley with this man but he did not listen to her. Suddenly, a soft groaning noise came from the young fledgling’s mouth as he rose from his unconscious state.

William’s eyebrows furrowed as he saw Buffy standing there with an angry look on her face but she wasn’t staring at him but at the man who had attacked him.

"Buffy?" He groaned confused, rubbing the side of his head, which was throbbing. As soon as he had spoken, Buffy snapped her head towards him and gave him a compassionate look and then sharply looked up at the thief once again who also had turned his head towards William.



That’s all Buffy needed before she shifted into her vampire visage and dealt a hard blow against the man’s face, casting him backwards. Before he got a chance to fight back she started to backhand roughly across his scarred face, and finally slamming him hard up against the wall with immense force.

The man let out frustrated groans as he tried to remove himself from her grasp but wasn’t able to do so. The female vampire growled as she kneed him roughly in the gut and then slugged him once more on the jaw, causing him to slip into unconsciousness. Buffy smirked as she dug her fangs into the man’s jugular and began to drain his life away slowly. A few minutes later, as soon as she was satisfied, Buffy dropped his lifeless body to the ground and then turned back to William who looked at her with wide eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern, slipping back into her human mask.

"I will be alright." He nodded his head slowly. He let out a wheezing cough as she helped him off of the alley’s ground. "My arm…I think he…" He trailed off as he gripped his arm, wishing the pain and throbbing that was coursing through it now would stop.

"Come now…we should head back." She told him softly, leading him back to the mansion.




~*~




William let out a hiss of agony as Buffy tried to pop his arm back into place. "Where did you learn to fight like that?" He wheezed, grasping tightly onto his silk bed sheets, while she was straddled his hips, so that he wouldn’t try to run away, which he attempted to do minutes earlier but she easily caught him and drug him over to the bed.

"Angelus…" She whispered, popping the last bone back into place as best as she could. When she heard a whimper of pain come from his throat, she gently began to massage the limb gently so the pain would be bearable. Her mouth broke out into a smile when she heard a soft purring sound now coming from his chest.

"I should ‘ave listened to you." He told her, the soft purring still coming from his chest but he didn’t realize it.

"I know…" She smirked at him, wanting to giggle at the sound he was making. "You’re young. You don’t know how to handle yourself yet."

"I know." He sighed, relaxing back onto the bed and closed his eyes. "Do you think…maybe…you could…teach me?" He asked shyly, his eyes remaining closed. "Just in case for next time. I know Dru, Darla or Angelus would not teach me. Would you?"

Buffy grinned with madness as she leaned down and kissed him sweetly on the cheek. "Yes, I will."

William smiled when he felt her roll off of him and sat next to him on the bed and picked up the book that was sitting next to her and began to read to him.





To be Continued…