"Come on William! You can do better than that?" Buffy taunted as she and William traded blows in the mansion’s basement. Buffy let a smirk appear on her thin lips as she blocked another of William’s punches. They had been coming down here frequently for the past couple of days while everyone else was asleep in their beds. Somehow though, no one had noticed yet.

No one had noticed how William continued to grow stronger and stronger day by day. Buffy noticed though, well of course, she was the one who was teaching him how to defend himself properly. But when they all went out to hunt every night, you could see how he carried himself differently. His stride had seemed to radiate confidence. A sort of poise that he didn’t seem to possess while he was human. It brought a smile to the blonde vampiress' lips when she thought of what he was becoming.

Buffy was brought out of her thoughts though when she felt a swift fist connect with her jaw, causing her to stagger backwards. Shaking her head, she snapped her eyes towards William who was grinning at her. His bright blue eyes were shining with excitement, and anticipation.

"How about that?" He asked with a soft purr, his grin widening at her.

Buffy let out a silent huff as she stalked over towards the young fledgling and began to attack him ruthlessly. The older vampire was surprised that he was able to block some of her punches and was able to throw some of his own.

"God you’re getting good." Buffy breathed heavily as they continued to spar with one another. "You learn quickly."

"Thank you for noticing." He smirked, dodging another one of her quick jabs that was directed at his face. "You’re a good teacher."

"Thank you." She breathed, as she dealt a swift kick to his midsection, sending him onto the floor with ease. As Quickly as William had been thrown down he was back on his feet within seconds.

Once he had pulled himself up off the ground, William charged Buffy, knocking them both to the ground. Once they were down on the ground, William straddled her hips and pinned her arms to both of the sides of her head. She was stuck.

"I win." He smirked at her with grace. There were very few times that he won their sparring matches.

"Yes, you have." Buffy giggled as she felt his grip around her wrists loosen but still remained on top of her. Her giggling ceased though when she realized their intimate position and knew if she were human that she would be blushing.

A bright smile broke out onto her face at the intensity of his gaze. She was comforted by the looks he sent her way every once and awhile. He seemed so gentle and passionate whenever he was in her prescence.

A broadgrin also broke out onto William’s face when her own smile appear on her face. They had this type of bond between them; he didn’t know what to call it. Was it friendship or something else?

Without even thinking, he brought one of his hands towards her face, resting it lightly against her cheek. Buffy let out a heavy sigh when she felt his soft hand lay against her cold skin. She let her eyes flutter close and then a look of peace settle on to her face.

"It is almost sunrise." William whispered huskily, looking into her eyes. He didn’t want to leave this place or her but if they didn’t leave, everyone else would probably get suspicious of them. Both of them didn’t want Angelus to get angry. God knows what he would do.

Buffy’s eyes fluttered open abruptly when she heard the sound of his smooth voice. "Yes. We should back upstairs." She breathed heavily as she and William removed themselves from the icy floor.

Buffy shook her head as she started to make her way towards the stairs but was stopped when she felt his hand latch onto her wrist. Instantaneously, Buffy turned around to face him and suddenly felt like blushing once again. His eyes were that deep blue color that she liked.

"Thanks for the dance." He purred softly, as he brought her hand to his mouth and kissed the back of it lightly.

"You think were dancing?" She asked slightly giggling.

"S’all we’ve ever done." He grinned, before planting another kiss on her hand and then made his way up the stairs.



~*~



Angelus growled with frustration as he rolled about in his bed. Something wasn’t right. He could feel it. He didn’t know what was wrong but something was. It plagued his mind. It frustrated him. He would find out though. For now he would just have lay here and let it bother him.

"Daddy…what is the matter?" Dru cooed softly as she wrapped her arms around his torso, nuzzling the side of his neck gently.

"Something isn’t right Dru." He hissed in between his teeth with venom.

"Oh Daddy, don’t be cross. You taste like ashes when you are cross." She whispered to him softly, running her slender fingers down the sides of his face. "Would you like me to tell you a pretty little poem?"

Angelus furrowed his eyebrows at her with confusion. "What are you talking about Dru?"

"Sometimes…I see my little ocean write sweet notes when he thinks I am asleep. I read them once and they made my tummy rumble. I was hungry." She giggled like a small child. Her eyes sparkled with enthusiasm at the thought of her little ocean. "The stars whisper to me about him. My William."

Angelus roared with rage as he jerked himself away from her grasp and bolted out of the bed rapidly. "I will have no more talk about him Dru. No more!" He barked with venom, his vampire visage coming forward. Suddenly, he was filled with a deep pit of hunger.

"Oh look Daddy, you are cross once more." She pouted, slipping easily away from the soft cushion of the four poster bed and over to where her red silk dress had been discarded. "You should sleep with Grandmummy tonight." She whispered slipping on her dress and then made her way out the door and towards her own room.

Angelus picked up a book that was lying next to him on a table and chucked it angrily against the wall. "That fledgling will be the undoing of me!"




To be Continued…