William let out a haggard groan as he attempted to stay asleep. It had only been a few hours since he had finished sparring with Buffy and he hadn’t been able to fall asleep. He was getting stronger though. He could feel this new type strength and power course through out his whole body. She had taught him well. No one could see his new strength though, and did they even care?

For one, Darla, she was never around. Even though she and Angelus were involved, she was never around him or anyone else. And when she was around, there was always a furious look in her eyes towards Angelus. William didn’t know what to make of her yet. He wasn’t surprised that if one of these days she just left.

And then there was Dru, William thought by now he would be infatuated with her. Following her everywhere she went, responding to her every beck and call. For some reason though, he wasn’t. Instead, she was infatuated with Angelus. She was never far from his side. Wherever Angelus was, so was she. To tell the truth, William was a bit alarmed by her. Sometimes during the day, William would wake up to her incessant ramblings. He didn’t comprehend what she was saying but he did not want to know.

Finally, there was Angelus, he was…what was it called again…oh yes, that is right, a wanker. William objected to the way he treated Buffy. She just seemed like an object to him. She was just someone to juggle between Darla and Dru. It was not right.

For the past couple of days, whenever he had the chance, Angelus would send the most gruesome looks William’s way. Every time that had happened, William just wanted to take the older vampire on. Show him what he was made of. But of course, reality set in and William remembered that Angelus was more experienced in the art of combat. And a couple of days sparring with Buffy weren’t going to help William beat Angelus into a bloody pulp.

William continued to toss and turn until he felt a pair of rough, cold hands graze his cheekbones. A soft purr sounded out through the room; it was gentle and dangerous at the same time.

"Come now, my sweet little William. It is time for us to feast." Dru soothed into her childe’s ear, running a slender finger down the contours of his face. "Daddy promises a large banquet tonight, and all the kings and queens are invited."

William’s bright eyes flew open when he heard the sound of her childlike voice in his ear. He felt tired and jaded. He didn’t know if he would be able to survive tonight without collapsing under exhaustion.

Dru saw the worn look on features and let out a sigh and then rolled her eyes. "Now, now my ocean, we mustn’t be late. Daddy and Grandmummy do not accept tardiness." She lightly wagged her finger in his face and then nuzzled the side of it with affection. "Sister Elizabeth was late once. Daddy was not happy. He said she was a bad puppy. There was so much screaming."

"Bloody poofter." William grumbled as he turned over in the soft cushion, his back facing his sire.

"Bad puppy!" Dru growled slightly as she swatted his arm. "Do not be angry with Daddy." Her gaze then softened and ran her hand slowly down the side of his face. "Now my sweet one, we must leave, come now!" She pouted as she took his hand in hers and began to tug at it but he wouldn’t budge.

"I do not feel like going Drusilla." He whispered deeply as he wrenched his hand from hers and pulled the bed sheets tightly around his lean frame. "Leave me be."

Dru giggled as she threw herself on top of him and squeezed him tightly, "Do not jest with me William…now come." She begged as she removed herself from on top of him and then tried to tug at his hand again but he did not budge.

"No." He said once again, removing his hand from hers.

Just as Dru was about to say something else to William, she was stopped when another presence entered the room. Dru snapped her head towards the figure and slightly frowned at her.

"Hello sister." Dru smirked as jumped off the bed and walked slowly over to Buffy who stood with her arms crossed over chest. "My sweet little Willy does not feel like our feast tonight." She then whirled her head over in William’s direction and shook her finger at him. "He’s being a grouchy puppy. Bad William."

Buffy shook her head at Druscilla, "Go on Dru, I will talk with him." She reassured the raven-haired vampiress who just giggled with delight and skipped out of the room, Buffy shutting the large door behind her.

A small smile appeared on the blonde vampiress' ruby lips as she swayed over towards the bed and crawled in next to her new friend. When she lay down next to him, William sniffed the air and then chuckled with amusement.

"How did you make her go away?" He chuckled in a low-pitched tone before turning to face her.

"You just have not learned properly yet." She told him pointedly, "You get use to her after a while."

William let out a slight huff as he pulled the blood red sheets tighter to him; "she wouldn’t stop talking about Angelus. About to make my ears bleed."

Buffy giggled as she lay down fully on the bed, resting her head on his shoulder. "Yes, I know what you are talking about. Feel the same way about that myself." She told him quietly while she began to play with the material of his shirt.

It was the same one that he had worn when he crawled out of his own grave. It wasn’t as dirty as it had been but it still had that earthy smell to it. There was also a long trail of blood down the front of it. Buffy smirked as she traced the line with her gentle fingers.

"I don’t see why he worships her so?" He stated as his eyes watched her fingers travel down his chest and stomach, then back up again. Through the slightest touch, William began to feel a tad bit nervous. "I am not jealous by it but…I just don’t understand."

Buffy sighed as she snuggled deeper into his shoulder, continuing to trace down the bloodline, "that’s how it has always been. He has never been this deeply affectionate with Dru before, I must tell you that. Usually he wants me after drinking tons of ale at the local pub. With Darla it is after a recent bloodbath. And Dru…she is just like a child to him. There have been few moments of passion between them in the last 20 years but now there have been more than ever."

"Oh…" William sighed as he slightly closed his eyes. "I tell you, we have to start sparring earlier in the day because I am having the hardest time staying awake." He mumbled as he felt himself begin to drift off and then snapped out of it.

"I know." Buffy mumbled as she felt her eyes drooping but also shook her head in order to stay awake. "Now why do you not want to come out hunting tonight?"

"I don’t want to." He replied simply as his eyes began to flutter open and close. He didn’t know if vampires could be sleepy but all he knew right now is that it was hard for him to stay awake. "Too tired and I am not really in the mood to have Angelus send sharp looks at me the whole night."

"Please…" Buffy whispered soothingly into his ear, making William’s stomach do strange motions. "I promise that if you come, we can train earlier."

William chuckled as he looked down on the female who was leaning on his shoulder and grinned. He then cupped her cheek and suddenly placed a soft kiss against her temple before removing himself from the bed. Buffy chortled with pure excitement as she bounced off the bed and out the door.



~*~



Darla growled with impatience as she, Dru and Angelus made their way through the icy London streets. "I am bored, shall we retire now?" She asked with annoyance, moving her hard gaze over towards Angelus who had his arm wrapped tightly around Dru’s waist and his other arm linked with hers.

"Here in a minute, Darla. We must wait for the boy and Buffy, they are still feeding." Angelus told her but had slight venom in his voice when he spoke of his childe and Dru’s.

"Forget them! It is almost daylight." Darla huffed impatiently, gripping tighter to Angelus’s arm. "We shall not become ashes because of their carelessness." She tried to reason with him, stopping in her tracks, pulling on his arm when she did, causing both he and Dru halt in mid-step.

Dru pouted as she nuzzled Angelus’s shoulder, trying to obtain his attention. "Daddy, I am weary. I do not feel like waiting for my little ocean. He will return home soon enough with Sister."

"We may leave when we know where they are!" Angelus raged at them before turning on his heels and stalking off into the opposite direction that they had come, bumping into several people as he passed them by.

As he stalked down the street, Angelus heard a pair of laughter come from a nearby alley. Recognizing it as his childe and the boy, the elder vampire sauntered into the alley to find Buffy and William dropping their latest victims towards the ground. "Where have you two been!" Buffy and William gasped with alarm as Angelus’s booming voice called out to them.

"We have been feeding Angelus." Buffy told him softly, shaking off her vampire mask and wiping the crimson trail of blood away from her chin. "William and I are very hungry tonight."

"Well the rest of us are ready to retire. It is time to go. We don’t want to turn into dust." He growled with an irate tone.

"We are still hungry and we’re going to stay out longer." William smirked at the brunette vampire that only snarled at him.

Angelus cocked his head to the side as he observed Buffy. She only nodded her head with agreement at her blonde companion, her face seemed firm and assured of her decision.

A slight hiss escaped Angelus’s mouth as he looked between the two blonde vampires, "fine but be back before sunrise!" He barked before storming out of the alley.

As soon as the elder vampire was gone from sight, William turned towards Buffy and smiled. "He did not seemed to blissful did he?"

"No, but it is alright." She reassured him, linking their arms together. "A bit more bloodshed before we turn in William?" She grinned at him as they slipped out of the alley.

"Yes, I think so." He nodded his head as they made their way through the cobblestone streets but he halted immediately as a shock look covered over his face when he saw HER figure walk trough the small crowds. William furrowed his eyebrows as he whispered her name. "Cecily?"



To be Continued…