Chapter 5


Spike strode back into Wolfram and Hart just after 9 o’clock.

“And where the hell have you been? Swanning off getting up to the gods know what, while we’ve been slaving away here, getting the REAL work done!” Angel demanded as Spike swaggered into the office

Spike ignored him, winked at Buffy, walked over to the flip board Angel had set up with a detailed map of the sewerage system, and tore it off.

“Hey, what the – we spent all day doing-“ Angel half stood and began to protest, Spike said,

“Just shut it and get back in your pram, Peaches - okay folks, listen up!” Wesley, Gunn, Willow, Xander and Buffy gave Spike their full attention, Angel sat there fuming.

“Here you go, they’ll be two dozen vamps waiting there, to hear me tell them why Sharkman won’t make employer of the month!”

Buffy grinned and Angel snatched up the scrap of paper and scrutinised the address.

“It’s about four blocks from the Sherington, so I suggest Buffy, you take Peaches, him and um, him (he pointed to Wesley and Gunn) and go do some dusting – I’ll take you Red, if you don’t mind, we can go see the big boss himself – actually Red, you might want a cloaking spell or something ready, just in case things get a little, well you know, fishy!”

Willow smiled and nodded

“What about me?” Xander asked forlornly.

Spike thought Xander neither use nor ornament, and rolled his eyes

“Come with me and Red, but I’m warning you, get in the way, and I’ll bloody well feed you to him, got it?”

Without comment and just a nod of the head, Xander agreed.

“Good, that’s settled then – um, you want to add anything, Peaches?” Spike looked expectantly over to Angel.

“How do you know they’ll be two dozen vamps waiting for you?” Angel asked, eyes narrowed

“Well, you’ll never guess!” Spike said in a mocking tone that had Buffy barely able to keep a straight face.

Angel narrowed his eyes even more, and Spike went serious and said,

“Look Angel, I told them what a bastard Sharkman was, how he’d reneged on past deals, and how he’d renege on this one too, they are so thick, they can’t even do the maths for themselves, can’t work out basic economics, couldn’t work out the amounts Sharkman said he was going to pay ‘em, didn’t realise that that many girls promised was practically impossible - and if you think for on moment that I’d put MY Buffy in ANY sort of unnecessary danger, you are even more thick than I thought you were, so just get your sorry arse down to that address, and slay those fuckin’ vamps, okay?”


Angel looked a little shocked, and just nodded and said,

“Okay”

*************


“Okay Red, ready with the force-field spell, just in case?” Spike asked, fist poised to knock on the door.

Willow nodded and Xander hung back

Spike knocked on the door of the Executive Suite of the Sherington Hotel. After a moment or two, it was opened by a shark-headed demon wearing a dressing robe, smoking a big fat Cuban cigar.

“Yeah, what is it, I didn’t order any- hey, HEY – WHAT THE FUCK’S GOING-“

Spike pushed the shark back into his room and walked in, quickly followed by Willow, and the whelp, he slunk in, hoping to go un-noticed, when he saw his girlfriend, or rather EX girlfriend lounging on a huge bed, wearing nothing more than a see-thru lace camisole top and a pair of skimpy lace panties.

“Who is it babe –XANDER!”

“ANYA – Oh MY GODS… What the - ?”

“Oh fuck me, I wasn’t expecting that!” Spike took in the scene, and was caught slightly off guard.

Sharkman made a run for the door, but thank goodness Willow was on the ball and she had magicked a force field across the doorway, and Sharkman bounced right off it and catapulted himself right back into the room!

Anya, she still on the bed, Xander looking incredulous, stared at each other.

Sharkman took a giant puff on his cigar, grinned showing a shocking array of nasty, sharp teeth and said,

“Spike! Spike, Spike, Spike!”

“Don’t wear out me name, anchovy breath…now, I’m only going to say this once, so you better listen up good, unless you fancy becoming the newest and latest line in sushi around here, I suggest you leave tonight.

You are finished here, in this town, your ‘boys’ are no more, as we speak, they are being reduced to the dust that they deserve to become. The clubs you have taken over will be returned to their rightful owners, AND, I’m giving you the time it takes for me to light and smoke this rather nice Cuban cigar here, to get out of town, and don’t come back.

The alternative is, for me to have a bash at a spot of amateur dentistry before a little slice ‘n’ dice (Spike produced a pair of vicious looking pliers and an extra sharp knife from his coat pocket) could make myself a nice necklace if………” Spike didn’t even need to continue, Sharkman shoved his cigar into his mouth, grabbed his clothes and was at the door in seconds.

“I’m outta here, let me go PLEASE – let me-“

“’Kay Red, drop the force field, let him go – remember Sharky – go take a swim somewhere RIGHT away from here!”

Spike grinned as Willow waved her hand and the force-field disappeared from the doorway, and Sharkman scooted as fast as he could away and gone.

Spike surveyed the room, and gave a pained grin,

“What are you doing here?” Anya asked Xander eventually

“Me, ME, WHAT AM I – OH God! – You really are the limit!” Xander turned away, reeling, his thoughts a jumble.

“Well, well, well! Now tell me, what’s a nice girl like you, doing in a place like this, hmm?” Spike turned his attentions to Anya

“Shut it you, this is between me and her!” Xander said trembling, his fists clenched

Spike cocked a brow and decided to leave them to it

“’You’re welcome! Kay then, whelp, your wish is my command, come on Red, let’s get back to Chez Poof’s, see how they faired!”

“Xander, will you be okay?” Willow asked worriedly, without looking at Anya

“I’ll be fine, you go with Spike, I’ll catch up with you later” Willow nodded and she followed Spike out of the room. As she was closing the door she heard Anya say,

“Xander, I’m sorry, okay – really, I’ve been wanting to call you, but I thought that you didn’t want me anymore!”



****************


“It was TRULY amazing! They just didn’t know what had hit them! They just exploded into dust, POW, POOF, BOOM! - One after the other, they didn’t even have a chance to get away, it was TOTALLY awesome!” Gunn enthused, during the post mortem of the battle.

Wesley came up to Spike and actually shook his hand and said,

“Well Spike, I don’t know how you did it, but I guess we owe you a debt of gratitude!”

Spike looked mildly surprised at this, and Angel rolled his eyes and looked thoroughly nauseated!

Wesley continued to look at Spike with total awe.

“And he’s gone, really – for good?”

“He won’t come back, I told him I fancied doing a spot of amateur dentistry, and then I’d turn him into the latest line of sushi if he didn’t go!”

“Amazing! How on EARTH did you know where to find this, this, Sharkman fella, anyway?” Wesley asked, pushing his glasses up his nose, but still holding Spike’s hand with the other.

“Oh, just a hunch really – lucky guess, (he gave a non-committal shrug and pulled his hand away) well that’s us gone, um babe…Buffy, Buf – can we go now?”

“Sure, ready when you are!”

Buffy drained her champagne glass and nodded eagerly, then she grinned and beckoned Spike over to her

“AND… come on, and on the way back, we can ………” (Buffy cupped her hand around Spike’s ear and whispered all manner of naughty suggestions!) Spike’s eyes and grin got wider by the second, and he just grabbed her hand and they went flying out to the car park.

******

“Course I still love you, I never said I didn’t!” Xander said, stroking Anya’s arm. She in turn went to kiss him, but Xander leaned back and said,

“Just tell me you never, you know, went with old ‘Jaws’”

Anya looked incredulously at her former beau and said,

“What? – Oh Pooky, of COURSE I didn’t!” she hugged him and just hoped that Xander couldn’t see her crossed fingers behind his back, or the fact that she was biting her lip………

They left the hotel and went back to Wolfram and Hart.

While they were going up in the elevator to Angel’s office, Anya said

“It was the wedding making me crazy, all the preparations, the do’s and don’ts…”

“Well, I’ve got a solution to all that, if you still want to get married that is”

“Oh Pooky – IF? – It’s all I’ve EVER wanted!”

“Good, right then, we can just drive to Vegas, get married in one of those tacky chapel thingies, forget about bridesmaids and guests and traditions!” Anya grinned and agreed!

They walked into the office hand in hand, grinning.

“Come on then Will, but we’ve got to make room for one more though!” Xander gave his reclaimed girlfriend a big cheesy grin………

Willow rolled her eyes and led the way to the elevator…………

*********

“………Really ought to learn to be a BIT more charitable towards people Angel, especially when it’s people who come from miles away to help us!” Wesley chastised Angel, who in turn rolled his eyes.

“Yeah man, like wow, that Spike huh, WHAT a dude! Hadn’t been here five minutes, and he’d got it all sussed out and-“ Gunn said

“Um people, please, now we have work to do, crisis over, well, not crisis, crisis! Crisis is too strong a word, ‘misfortune – no, let’s say slight problem, yeah I like that, the slight problem that befell us until…Buffy came along – anyway lets get on with some work, shall we please?”

“And I thought he said that Spike was the childish jerk!” Gunn whispered to Wesley, who just raised his brows and nodded!

It would be a cold day in hell when Angel would acknowledge that Spike helped in any way, shape or form.


*****************

Mean while, at Make-Out Mile…………


“Uh, oh god yes, yes, don’t stop, yeah, yeah, YEAH – ooh gods, yes, yes, YES! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!” Buffy closed her eyes and slumped forward against Spike’s chest, heaving for breath.

She could feel he was still hard and she sat up grinning and ground down on him again, until suddenly, coming up the lane they heard the chatter of a police radio……...

Moving off Spike swiftly and throwing herself low so she could dress quickly, Spike climbed into the driving seat, slammed into reverse all the time cussing the cops…

“Piss-balling, ass crabbing, fuckin’ voyeuristic, torch-shining-to-get-a-better-look, pervy, bastards! Why don’t they go out and catch some fucking criminals for once instead of hassling decent folk!”

“Spike, decent folk don’t drive out to do it in their cars!” Buffy said, climbing over into the passenger seat from the back now she was full dressed. She let out a giggle as Spike was still TOTALLY naked, and still sporting an impressive stiffy………

Spike grinned, and only slightly swerved as a grinning Buffy lowered her head……………………

“Ooooohhhhh, babe………”


The End