The song in this chapter is The Reason by Hoobastank just so I’m not sued!!!!


Xander and Anya seemed to have it off and where dancing next to Willow and Buffy on the dance floor when the announcer came on and introduced Dingoes ate my baby. Although they’d only played a few times the crowd loved them and went wild. Spike steeped up to the mic.

“Alright everyone I hope you’re having fun so far. I just want to tell you that this first song is for someone very special to me, you know who you are!!!”

Buffy felt her heart speed up as he picked up his guitar and started up the song.


I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do

But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why I need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is You [x4]

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I've found out a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you


The crowd went wild, his voice was amazing. Buffy couldn’t help but blush knowing that it had been about them.

The band played a few more songs and Buffy danced to the sound of his sultry voice. When the live music stopped Oz and Spike joined Buffy and Willow on the floor for the first slow song of the night.

“Can I have this dance?” Spike asked shyly.

Buffy simply nodded as he pulled her away from the others to the center of the floor and pulled her into his arms. They swayed together for a moment before she spoke up.

“That was a beautiful song, you guys were great.”

“Thanx, you know I wrote it about you right pet?”
“I know.” They held each other even closer and Spike lowered his hands to her waist as she nuzzled his neck, both letting out contented sighs.

“It doesn’t change that were just friends though.” She said, ruining the moment.

“I know.” They left it at that and held each other close. Neither one brave enough to admit to the other yet what they were feeling. When the song ended and they let each other go both parties were disappointed with the lack of contact.

“My mom and your Dad left for the weekend. I’m allowed having a sleepover. Xander and Oz will be there. So will Anya and Will if you want to come. It’s pretty much getting together and watching crappy movies till we pass out, I know it doesn’t sound like fun but….”

“I would love to come pet.” He stated, cutting her off.

They gathered up the rest of their friends and headed back to her place, guys and girls separating so they could talk.

“So Anya, you and Xander huh?” Buffy asked as both her and Willow broke into giggles, causing the “new girl” to smile. Her and Buffy had hit it off right away when they’d met at Willows house the day she arrived.

“Well I could definitely see some wonderful orgasms in the future with him.” She stated bluntly. In the past couple of days Buffy had realized that Anya was one of the most honest people she would ever meet and admired her for it.

Anya had come to like Buffy too and since she was going to be a part of the gang Buffy and Will had brought her up to date on their lives.

“So what’s up with you and Spike? Are you planning on orgasms with him? You two certainly seem to have great chemistry.”

“Well were just friends, I’m still nervous cuz of what he did but maybe, in time, orgasms will occur.”

All three girls laughed at this and linked arms as they walked.

“So Xander, you and Anya huh?” Spike asked as both he and Oz broke into smiles. Xander turned every shade of red.

“Honestly guys, it’s gonna sound stupid and I don’t expect you to understand but I think we were supposed to meet. I think I’m gonna love this girl.”

“I understand. It’s what I thought about Willow when I first saw her. I told her I loved her last week and she said it back.”
Spike and Xander had never seen Oz so happy or speak so much in the whole time they’d known him and gave him their congratulations.

“So Spike, whats up with you and Buff?” Xander asked.

“Well I was a ponce and I fucked up big time so I’ve decided to dedicate my life to making it up to her. Just gotta’ convince her to let me first.

Xander noticed the pained expression in his new friends eyes and asked softly, “Do you love her?”

A long moment passed before Spike answered. “Ya mates, I do!”
It was the first time he said it out loud and it was the first time he realized it.

The guys continued chatting, each giving some advice on dating when they heard the girls cry out in fear. Turning around they saw two guys holding Anya and Willow as another took Buffy and slammed her onto a parked car. The guys saw red and it began.

Xander and Oz recognized Angel and Parker and went for them while Spike went to Buffy. Pulling her attacker off of her he spun him around and realized who it was. He’d kicked this guys ass in the alley the night he’d saved Buffy.

“Bloody wanker.” He roared tearing into him. He punched Riley hard in the face knocking him down. He straddled him and with each powerful hit to his face he said something.

“Stay”
Punch
“Away”
Punch
“From”
Punch
“Buffy”

When he was sure he was knocked out and the other two were taken care of he pulled out his cell and called the cops. When they arrived the 3 college men were put in the car and the officer asked Buffy to explain what had happened. Anger flared in Spike’s eyes when he heard her say that she’d dated Riley. They were gonna have a nice little chat when he got her home. About a half an hour later they were able to leave. Turns out Angel, Parker and Riley had done this sort of thing before and were going to go away for a very long time.

When they got back to Buffy’s place the girls were obviously still shaken. Xander had his arm around Anya on the couch and Willow and Oz were sitting together on the love seat. Buffy had gone straight upstairs to lie down. After finishing his smoke outside Spike came in and went right to Buffys room after getting directions from Willow. When he got to her door he heard her crying softly.

He went right in without knocking and his heart broke when he saw the girl he loved lying on her bed face down, her body shaking with sobs. He sat next to her and slowly rubbed her back. After a few minutes her crying stopped and he spoke.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone who it was when he attacked you the first time?” Buffy rolled over to look at him seeing anger on his face.

“My mom works for his dad.” She didn’t have to say more. Spike understood that she had been scared that her mom would lose her job if she’d spoken up. His anger was soon replaced for sorrow at what she’d gone through. “She’s worked at the art gallery for years and loves it there.” She explained.

Spike broke into a huge grin. “What’s so funny? My mom’s gonna lose her job!”

He didn’t answer her question but asked one of his own. “Would that be the gallery on Shady street pet?”

“Ya.” She sniffled.

“My dad just bought the place, gave the owner an offer he couldn’t resist. It’s in his name now.”

Buffy let out a squeal of delight and shot her arms around Spike. “That must be what they wanted to tell me when they got back. Oh thank god!!!” She started laughing then and continued. “I hope they all become some guys bitch!”

When the laughter died down he pressed a kiss to her forehead.
“Well I’m pretty tired luv’ so im gonna head downstairs to crash.”
Buffy grabbed his arms and pulled him so he was lying next to her. “Spike, can you spend the night? Can you just hold me?” she asked with pleading eyes.
“Of course I can pet, of course I can.”

He pulled her closer and pulled the blanket over them. They fell asleep in each others arms, each one dreaming of the other.

*please leave a review, i really need them.*