He rang the doorbell and it opened a few seconds later to show a good looking but petrified older woman.
“What happened?” she cried and telling him to come in, ushering Spike into her home without caring about the fact that he was a total stranger. He laid her down on the couch and followed the woman into the kitchen, explaining what had gone down as she gathered supplies to clean her daughter up.
He followed her back to the living room and noticed her hands were shaking too much to wipe away the blood properly.
“Here let me.” He said with a soft, knowing smile.
“Name’s William by the way. You must be Joyce. Me and my Da’ are coming tomorrow for lunch, were your new neighbours.” His voice had the soothing effect he’d hoped it would and Joyce visibly relaxed. The fact that most of the blood was off her daughters face also helped calm her nerves.

“Thank you William.” She said as she played with her daughter’s hair. “I met your father today. He’s a very nice man. I was very sorry to hear about your mother and your girlfriend honey.” Spike had heard a lot of that in the last 6 months but the way she’d said it with sympathy instead of pity made him like the woman right away.
“Thank you Joyce.”
“Would you like some hot chocolate Spike? We have mini marshmallows I can put in it!”
He was looking down at Buffy when she began to stir.
“Well I think I best be off , but I’ll definitely take a raincheck on the hot chocolate, it’s my favorite.”
Joyce walked him to the door and impulsively gave him a hug. “Thank you for saving my baby sweetheart, I’ll see you tomorrow.”
Spike blushed furiously at her show of affection, “Ya, well, um, my pleasure. Just make sure to ask her if she knew who those two were so you can report it. ‘Nite.” He said closing the door softly behind him.

“You will always be my dark prince, my Spike. But our time is done, you must find your light.” Dru whispered holding his hand.
“Baby please don’t go, I need you, baby please.” The tears were running down his face.
“I can’t lose the both of you because of this, I can’t.” he cried, thinking of his mother Jenny.
“She looks so lovely, the angels dance around her. I can hear her calling me my darling, I have to go to her now.”
“Who’s calling you baby? Who do you have to go to?”
“Your mum my sweet. We’ll look out for you, the both of you.” Her eyes went to Rupert when she said this. “ We’ll help you find your light.” Dru replied, her voice barely a whisper. She closed her eyes and she was gone, leaving Rupert and Spike alone in their grief.

Spike woke up with tears in his eyes. The memory of their last moments together had plagued his dreams since the accident.
Deciding to shut out his feelings he went to take a long shower. He’d slept in late and had to go to lunch at Joyce’s in a hour. Once the hot water had washed away all thoughts of his dream his mind wandered to the previous night. He thought about the fiery blond and felt himself stiffen. He was shocked at the reaction he had. He hadn’t slept with anyone since Dru, hadn’t even touched himself because it led to thoughts of her. He remembered the smile Buffy had given him minus the finger and was overcome with lust. He started off slowly, stroking himself gently. Images of her face invaded his mind and the pace quickened. “Buffy.” He moaned as he came, his fluid washing down the drain. When he came to his senses he shut off the water and dried off, angry with himself for what had just happened and angry with Buffy for invading his thoughts.
“Lunch is gonna be great.” He mumbled as he went to his room to get dressed.

“Buffy our guests are here.” Joyce said knocking on the bathroom door.
“Do I have to join you mom? I look like I got the shit kicked out of me last night.”
“Yes and watch your mouth young lady. William is the one who helped you, he deserves a thank you.”
“Fine.” Buffy grumbled stepping out of the bathroom wearing a baby blue sundress with matching sandals. She had her hair pulled back again and had tried to conceal the bruised cheek with concealer. The cut on her mouth hadn’t been as bad as it looked when it was covered in blood and you could barely see it. Other than that she wore only lip gloss on her lips.
“You still look beautiful honey.” Joyce said giving her one and only a smile. “Are you sure you don’t know who did it?” she asked her again.
“No mom I don’t know who it was.” Buffy replied looking down. “Now let’s go so I can meet the new kid.”

They walked down the stairs together out into the backyard where lunch was waiting on the picnic table.
Joyce and Spike had filled Rupert in on what had happened to Buffy last night so he would not be shocked. Standing up he stretched out his hand to Buffy.
“Hello there. You must be Buffy.” He said with a kind smile. She looked up at him and gave one in return. “I’m Buffy. Pleased to meet you.”
“Where’s your son Rupert?” Joyce asked as they sat down and started to pile food on their plates.
“Gone to have a cigarette I’m afraid. I can’t seem to make him quit.” He sighed. “William, lunch is ready”
“Coming Da’” a voice Buffy didn’t expect to hear called back.

Oh God, this can’t be real she told herself. But much to her horror a tall, sexy blond sporting black came into view. The same tall, sexy blond she’d run her mouth off at the night before.

“I thought you said his name was William!” she hissed at her mother.
“It is.” Spike said as he sat down across from her. “Spike’s my nickname.”
“So you two have met? I thought Buffy was unconscious when you found her?” Giles stated, saying exactly what was on Joyce’s mind as well.
“We met earlier at the Bronze.” Buffy explained. “We didn’t exactly hit it off.”
Spike snorted at that, “You didn’t exactly give us a chance to luv.”, his voice dripped with sarcasm.
“Well maybe if you’d mind your own business…”
“If I’d minded my own business you might not have been here today.” Spike said cutting Buffy off, reminding her of what he’d done for her last night.
“Ya, well thanks.” She murmured before picking up her fork and starting to eat.
The two adults shared a knowing look, smiles on their faces.

While Buffy ate she let herself think of what happened the other night. She was not going to tell her mother who had done this, she couldn’t. Not when her mother worked for his father. She could lose her job. I don’t want her to have to move again because of me she mused She looked up once and watched Spike eating. God he’s gorgeous. Lickable even she thought with a smile but the smile faded just as quickly as it had appeared. Spike had caught her totally checking him out and was giving her this cocky grin, like he was a god. Fuck he pissed her off.
Getting up and picking up her plate she excused herself from the table saying something about needing to do some last minute shopping thing for school.

Spike watched her as she walked away, the sun bathing her in light. She’s captivating, aggravating and sexy all at once he thought. But she’s not my type he lied to himself.

“Well it’s a start. They’ve met them.” Dru said.
“Yes, it’s a start.” Jenny replied with a smile.
The two angels stood side by side looking down on their loved ones from up above.


*please review if you want more!*