*******************************************Wow! Thanx to everyone for their thoughts on the last chapter. I’m even mad at Spike right now and I’m the one writing it lol! Don’t worry though happiness will come!!!********************************


A few hours later Buffy was done packing her bags. Sighing she phoned Willow and Xander that she was going to be going to L. after all to spend time with her dad. She didn’t bother to tell them that spending time with Hank was actually him giving her a no-limit credit card when she first got there and the occasional supper together if she was lucky. The doorbell rang then and she ran downstairs and into the taxi that was waiting to take her to the airport, promising to phone her mom frequently.

“SODDIN’ HELL!” Spike yelled as he threw a glass at the wall. I’m such an ass he thought as he sank down onto his bed, absentmindedly running his hand where Buffy had been sprawled out not hours ago. He felt terrible. She didn’t deserve what he’d said but he’d just lost it. “How could I have let her go?” he questioned softly. It’s not her fault she can make you happy you bastard, you should have been thankful that with her help you could let go of the grief even if only for a moment, the little voice in the back of his head scolded him. He closed his eyes and promised himself he would make things right and proper tomorrow and he drifted off to sleep.

“I really enjoy spending time with you Joyce.”

Rupert said this as they sat down to dinner, their second meal together that day. “I haven’t dated since Jenny passed and for some reason it feels alright with you, almost as if I have her consent.” He finished with a smile.

“I feel the same way Rupert, I just wish Buffy and Spike could have joined us but Buffy left a few hours ago.” She sighed. “You know I thought I saw a spark between the two, just wishful thinking I guess. I know my Buffy and if she wants a guy she’ll pursue it to no end.

“Well William is still deeply affected by the passing of his mother and Dru and it’s going to take time for him to let someone else in. I know what you mean though, I thought I saw something between them as well but quite honestly I’m more interested on what’s going on between us.” He thought of the kiss they had shared this morning. This woman was definitely a keeper and he wasn’t going to let go of something good because something bad had happened to him in the past.

“One down, one to go.” Jenny sighed hoping Spike had not thrown away his last chance at true love but grateful that Giles had embraced it at the same time.

“He’s turned off the sun and it will be months before it will shine again, but it will shine brighter and he will have his light.”

Jenny and Dru walked back through the gates knowing they had more work ahead for themselves in the near future.

*please review*