Chapter 13 – Lessons


“Get your act together,” Buffy mimicked Angel as she remembered his words to her before he left town. Smashing her fist into the unsuspecting fledgling, she felt a little bit of her anger recede- but only a tiny amount. She had decided that on her way to burn off some steam at the Bronze, she could burn off some steam by taking out her aggression on the vampire population. “You need to start behaving like an adult.” Kicking the vamp in the gut, he keeled over and looked around.

“Who are you talking to?”

“No daughter of mine will go around acting like that.”

“Like what?” the vamp asked, punching her in the jaw.

Buffy reeled back before striking again, letting the sharp heel of her shoe make direct contact with his knee. “That’s what I’d like to know,” she muttered, barely paying attention as she smoothed her skirt and continued. “What does he expect from me? Mr. Absentee Father decides to make a play for ‘Father of the Year’ and he suddenly thinks that he can just jump back into my life.”

Flying back into the side of a nearby mausoleum, Buffy winced as she reached around, gingerly touching the back of her head before an explosion of pain traveled through her body. Barely able to keep her eyes open, she vaguely realized that she had been hit in the temple with a small statue.

Trying to fight through the dizzying feelings that were crashing through her body, Buffy tried to stand, cringing when another sharp pain raced through her stomach. Looking up, she barely had time to see the blur of black leather and blonde hair as the fledgling was tackled.

‘Spike?’ she thought dimly, looking around to see where she was. ‘Spike’s cemetery…please be Spike.’

Hearing the familiar growl, she let herself collapse against the cold stone, trying not to let her eyes close. She was vaguely aware of the blue eyes that entered her line of vision a moment later.

“Stay awake, luv,” he said, giving her a shake for good measure before lifting her into his arms. “I said, stay awake!”

Seeing her eyes drift close, he felt panic run through him as the blood gushed from her head wound.

* * * * *

Trying to open her eyes and push the fog away, Buffy suddenly remembered the vampire she had been fighting. Bolting into a sitting position, she winced at the pain that the sudden movement caused. Panting for air, she tried to let her eyes focus in the dark interior.

‘Spike’s crypt,’ she thought, feeling her nerves moderately settle down.

“Buffy.”

Hearing the cold voice drift toward her from the shadows, Buffy flinched at the malice that laced through the words.

“Spike?”

Tenderly touching her stomach, she didn’t even have to look at it to know that there would be a nasty-looking bruise in the morning. Letting her hand travel up to her head, she was relieved to feel that the wound was closed before her eyes widened with the realization that Spike must have closed it. Tasting her blood and sealing the wound.

“What the hell were you doing out?” he finally growled, slowly stepping out of the shadows and letting the moonlight wash over him.

Hearing the tone of his voice and compiling it with the still-fresh memory of Angel’s criticisms, Buffy pushed herself to a standing position, straightening her tank top and glaring at the blonde vampire. “None of your damn business,” she yelled, ignoring the pain that accompanied her sudden movement.

Walking toward the door, she gritted her teeth when Spike practically materialized in front of her.

“What have I taught you?” he asked in a low voice, causing her to suppress a shiver from running through her. “Lesson the first- you never take your mind off your opponent.”

Feeling her temper raise as he spoke, she narrowed her eyes. “Lesson the second,” she replied, punching him in the nose. “Never underestimate your opponent.”

Seeing his eyes darken, Buffy was only mildly surprised when she felt the solid backhand that connected with her cheek.

‘Right,’ she thought, waiting for her vision to clear. ‘Chipless, soulless vampire, you idiot. He has no problem hitting a girl.’

Retaliating a moment later, Buffy slammed her fist into his nose again, seeing his jaw tighten upon impact before he grabbed her by her arms, throwing her against the nearby wall.

Squirming around in his grasp, Spike groaned, squeezing his eyes shut as she moved against him.

Finally breaking free of his hold, Buffy moved to punch him again, her eyes widening when he grabbed her arm and pivoted her around, using his body to press her against the wall. Her stomach and breasts smashed against the wall of the crypt as she tried to break free of his grasp, refusing to back down when he pushed her more forcefully against the cold stone.

“Are you done?”

Shoving back against him, she could have sworn she heard a moan coming from him before driving her elbow into his stomach and spinning around to face him.

“Not even close,” she replied with an arched eyebrow.

Seeing his eyes sparking with yellow in the dim moonlight, Buffy panted as she continued to look at him. Staring at each other for a long moment, she gasped when his lips crashed down on hers, causing her eyes to widen before shivering and eagerly kissing him back.

Each needing an outlet for their emotions, they renewed their battle through a different course, frantically clawing at each other, needing to feel as much of the other person as they could. Buffy’s hands shoved the duster down his shoulders, letting it fall to the floor as Spike slipped a hand beneath her shirt, squeezing her bare breast and swallowing her moan of pleasure.

Feeling him gather her up in his arms, Buffy’s body automatically responded, locking her legs around his waist as her hands held onto his shoulders.

Breaking away for a moment, Spike let his lips brush along the line of her neck, pausing to suck on the tender flesh and gently biting down with his blunt teeth. Hearing her breathy gasp escape her throat, he smiled as Buffy eagerly tilted her neck, allowing him more access.

“More,” she whispered, feeling his hands slip down her body and quickly shoving the skirt up over her hips. The sound of the zipper seemed to echo in the open space, but neither had a chance to think about what they were doing as Spike continued his ministrations on her neck. Buffy arched her hips against his body as his hands grasped her thighs in a bruising grip before traveling higher.

Pushing her soaked thong out of the way, he didn’t even have time to think before he was buried deep inside of her. Numbly hearing her scream of pain as their hips met, Spike pulled away in shock, feeling his heart constrict when he saw the tears in her eyes as she gasped and swallowed, trying to recoil from the sudden, unfamiliar invasion of her body.

“Oh God,” he muttered, pulling back and seeing the pain turn to terror.

“No!” she cried, holding onto him and pushing her hips against his, mildly surprised when the pain began to subside with the slight friction. “Don’t leave me,” she whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to his lips before looking at him again. “Please don’t leave me.”

‘This is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong,’ his brain chanted before her warm lips captured his and effectively sent what was left of the blood in his brain, rushing south.

Following her movements and unable to control his own, Spike began pumping into her, trying to maintain his strength for the first few minutes until Buffy made it clear that she was enjoying it.

Whipping her shirt over her head, he stared at her as their hips moved together, her head thrown back in ecstasy as her nails scratched along the back of his neck. Her gasps and breathy moans combined with the occasional whimper and the slight aroma of her blood that hung in the air had Spike’s demon screaming to come to the surface.

Unable to control it any longer as he watched her face contort in pleasure, his vampire guise fell in place. He waited until Buffy looked at him before he moved closer to her. Seeing her tilt her neck in invitation, he willed himself not to look at it.

‘Too intimate,’ he thought, trying not to think how hypocritical that sounded in his head.

Moving lower, Spike let his fangs sink into the soft swell of her breast, feeling Buffy’s body shudder as tremors ran through her, sending her screaming out in climax. Breathing heavily as Spike pulsed inside of her, Buffy let her head roll back against the wall. Briefly closing her eyes as his fangs retracted, she slowly turned to look at him, seeing every emotion he was feeling reflected in his eyes as they melted from yellow to blue.

And she braced herself for the final blow.

Pulling away from her, Spike gently lowered her to the floor, waiting for her to straighten her clothes and put on her shirt before speaking.

“Buffy…”

“Here it comes,” she muttered, looking at the floor and trying to cover her nerves by smoothing her skirt.

“I…I think…”

“Tell me,” she finally said, raising her eyes to his and closing off all of her emotions. “Tell me it was a mistake. Tell me we can’t be together because I’m Angel’s daughter.”

“You’re too young,” he whispered, his voice soft as he looked at the floor, rubbing the back of his neck and trying to massage the tension away. “It was a mistake, because you’re too young.”

“Too young to be with, but not too young to fuck,” she spat at him, walking toward the door and feeling her entire body tense when he blocked her exit.

“That’s not what-”

Cutting himself off when she placed her hands on his chest, his eyes widened as she shoved him out of the way. Jerking the door open so fast, he was mildly surprised that she didn’t pull it off the hinges before she turned to face him again.

Her voice was a shaky whisper as she looked at him with contempt. “Fuck you, Spike.”





Thanks so much to: spufette, Sevvy_O, Caatje, Cordykitten, starhawk, Laine, PK, cynthia, samica, daisy, blondiebear, Jessica, dreamgirl4eva, Jade2099, willowmouse, Kimber, gypsy_jin, Tasha, stace, shelly, BuffyandSpikeForever, Elanor, Rana, Caitie, beanmommy & sandradee for reviewing!