Chapter 33 – A Simple Request


Sitting in comfortable silence, Spike finally pulled Buffy fully into his arms, smiling when she curled her body against his.

“Can we just stay here?” she whispered. “Just for a little while.”

“Here in L.A. or here in the room?”

“Maybe both,” she murmured, feeling her heartbeat speed up when Spike picked her up and easily maneuvered them until they were laying down on the bed.

“Alright,” he said softly, briefly closing his eyes when she rested her head against his chest. Laying in contentment with each other, she relaxed even more when she felt his fingers gently run through her hair before he slowly bent down and left a lingering kiss on the top of her head.

Fighting the shiver that threatened to run through her, Buffy sighed in contentment, letting her mind wander for a few minutes, pretending that he actually wanted to be here with her and she wasn’t a poor substitute for someone else.

“Why does this scare you so much?” he whispered into her hair, inhaling the sweet scent as he waited for her to respond.

Snapping out of her fantasy, Buffy suddenly remembered the prophecy she had discovered that led to the events of the night.

“Because I’ll be alone,” she replied in a choked whisper, trying to take a deep breath.

“What?”

“What happens when Dad becomes a real boy, Spike?” she asked, sitting up and turning to face him with a watery gaze. “What happens when he gets his happily ever after and I’m stuck here to wander this earth until the apocalypse that finally takes? I’m alone. He’ll Shanshu and…”

“And you’ll stay the daughter of prophecy,” he murmured, remembering the term that she had used earlier. “But you won’t be alone. Don’t think for a second that you will be,” he said softly, brushing the hair away from her eyes.

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“Because you have me,” he said simply.

“No, I don’t,” she murmured, sitting up and moving to the edge of the bed.

Catching her before she could leave, Spike pulled her back to face him. “You always have me. Nothing is going to change that.”

“Then prove it,” she whispered, her eyes wide with clarity as she sat up a little straighter.

“What?” he asked in confusion, tilting his head to study her.

“Prove it,” she repeated, inching closer to him. “Take me…make me yours.”

Feeling the shock seeping through him, Spike’s lips parted as he contemplated her for a moment, wondering if she was serious.

“Do you have any idea what you’re asking me to do?” he asked, pushing the hair off her neck as he eyed it hungrily.

“I know exactly what I’m asking,” she replied, swiftly moving until she was straddling his lap. “This doesn’t have to mean anything,” she continued in an urgent whisper, not knowing that the darkening of his eyes was desire and not confusion. “I just want to know that I belong to someone. I want to know that no matter where I am, I won’t be alone…even if I am.”

“Buffy,” he said softly. “Pet, I always imagined that when this happened, it would be because we both wanted it and not because you feel you have to do something to keep me close.”

Seeing the sadness in her eyes, Spike made a move to grab her as she slowly tried to lift her body away from his. “I understand,” she murmured.

“You understand what?”

“That you don’t want me,” she whispered, unable to look into his eyes. “I know it’s a big deal to claim someone and you’d want to save it for somebody you can really care about, but I thought that…”

Trailing off in a choked voice, Spike watched as she battled the tears in her eyes.

“Don’t think that,” he said in a quiet voice, shaking his head, trying to control himself. “I’ll make you a deal, pet,” he continued, cupping her cheek and running his thumb along her cheek. “You think about this…make sure it’s not just an impulsive decision, and if you think it’s what you really want…I’ll do it. I’ll do it in a heartbeat,” he added with a smile.

“Really?” she asked in disbelief. “You would…you would want this…me?”

“God, yes,” he murmured, bringing her closer to brush his lips over hers in a brief, tender kiss. “When are you going to realize that I want you for you?”

“Spike…”

“Yeah, luv?” he replied, pulling away from her, trying to control his sudden erection, making it that much harder with her body on top of his and his hands resting on the bare expanse of her thighs.

Nervously running her fingernails along his covered abdomen, Buffy hesitantly looked into his eyes, biting her lip as she tried to get through her nervousness. “Claim me,” she whispered, tilting her neck in invitation.

“Wasn’t exactly what I meant when I told you to think it over.”

“You don’t have to…go by the traditional rules. I just want to feel safe.”

“If you want me to do this, then there’s no going back,” he said with a serious expression. “You’ll be mine and no one will touch you.”

“You really want me?” she whispered, unconsciously moving closer to him.

Cupping her face in his hands, Spike could see the insecurity in her gaze. “Listen to me,” he said softly. “I love you…I love you, Buffy.”

Feeling her chin tremble when his lips met hers in a tender kiss, Buffy let her lips play on his for a moment before pulling away and tilting her head.

Seeing her neck exposed as the long hair fell away from her shoulders, Spike’s fangs itched for freedom.

“Please, Spike,” she whispered.

“It shouldn’t be like this, Buffy,” he said, shaking his head. “It should be right.”

“How much more right can it get?” she asked, looking at him with pleading eyes. “You just told me that you love me…that’s as right as it gets in my book.”

“Then tell me,” he whispered, seeing a brief flash of panic in her gaze before she took a deep breath.

“I love you,” she murmured, avoiding his eyes as she battled her tears. “I don’t…I didn’t want to, but…I never stopped.”

“I know,” he said softly, pulling her close and gently biting her neck with his blunt human teeth. It was his way of testing whether she really wanted this or not. If she had tensed at all, he knew he wouldn’t be able to go through with it.

But she didn’t.

Hearing her breathy gasp as she leaned closer to him, Spike could feel her fingers digging into his shoulders. Calling his demon forth, he felt her tremble with anticipation when his tongue trailed along her throat.

“Please,” she said in a hoarse whisper, practically letting her body melt against his.

Running his hand up the length of her back, he gently gripped the back of her neck, holding her in place before pulling back to look at her.

Seeing his true face, Buffy stared at him with wide eyes before giving him a soft smile, knowing that he was asking for her silent acceptance. Reaching up to slowly trace along his ridged brow, she tentatively leaned forward, pressing her lips to his in a tender kiss, careful to avoid his fangs before slowly pulling away and giving him a slight nod.

Taking a deep breath, Spike pulled her closer to him, feeling his previous mark practically calling to him.

Piercing the tender skin of her throat, he could feel her thigh muscles contract around him as she tensed before slowly releasing the pressure. Hearing the soft moan that escaped her lips, he took deep pulls of her blood, relishing the sweet taste of it on his tongue.

‘The blood of a Slayer didn’t even taste this good.’

The feeling of his teeth in her neck, combined with his hard body pressed intimately against hers, Buffy felt like she was going to explode. Unable to control herself any longer, she frantically worked on his belt buckle, freeing his erection as she brushed the fabric of her panties away. Impaling herself on his cock, she was vaguely aware of Spike extracting his teeth to pull back and look at her.

Hearing her moan at the loss of contact, he let the demon visage slip away as she frantically moved her hips with his. Gently caressing his lips with hers in a tender kiss, Spike pulled back, seeing the need on her face as he pressed his forehead to hers, never letting his gaze leave her eyes.

“Mine,” he whispered, brushing his lips over hers again, in the lightest touch.

“Yours,” she murmured, trembling when her orgasm began to build, feeling the strange, encompassing feeling of warmth as the claim took effect, binding her to Spike, letting her know who she belonged to. Crying out when he latched onto her throat again as his hands ripped open the shirt, exposing her to his wandering hands, she felt the pull on her neck go straight through her body, moving more frantically when she felt him reach up to palm her breast before twisting her nipple until she was screaming in climax.

Gripping her hips in a bruising hold, Spike continued to move her, pumping into her at a rapid pace, seeking his own release. Feeling her teeth in his throat, his entire body shook with the force of his orgasm as her muscles strangled his cock, pumping into her with a final thrust, he tensed while he emptied himself inside of her. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he let his head fall to her shoulder as Buffy removed her teeth and relaxed against him, completely sated.

“Mine,” she said breathlessly, offering a halfhearted smile when Spike pulled back to look at her.

“Yours,” he whispered in amazement, tilting her neck to expose his mark before tenderly running his tongue along her throat, lapping up the blood that was pooling from the wound and sealing it.

“Thank you,” she murmured, pulling back to look at him as she ran her hands through his hair.

“Nothing to thank me for, baby. You’re mine, Buffy.”

“Forever?” she asked, her nervousness threading through her words.

“Forever.”







A/N Not finished yet- still have several chapters to go :-)

Thanks so much to: Kar, Cecilia, Ariel Dawn, spufette, Sevvy_O, Brunettepet, gypsy_jin, stace, daisy, Cordykitten, Caitie, Kimber, Nic, Tasha, Franchesca, Caatje, Panta_Rei, Jessica, Amanda, shelly, Crystal Pegasus, pj, willowmouse, starhawk, jennybean, BuffyRat and baby spikes for reviewing!