Chapter 40 – End of the Beginning


Looking into his eyes as she pulled him down to lie on top of her, Buffy felt her breathing escalate as her eyelids fluttered shut.

Spike suppressed a groan of desire when his bare skin came in contact with hers, his body sliding sensuously along hers while she moaned, arching her back to encourage his movements. Meeting her lips in a tender kiss, he smiled against her lips when she cried out in pleasure, digging her fingernails into his back.

Slowly pushing into her until their hips met, Spike pulled back to look at her clouded eyes, seeing the love and devotion shining in them.

“You’re mine, Buffy,” he whispered, slowly pumping in and out of her.

“Always,” she gasped, closing her eyes when his blunt teeth gently bit along her neck, sending chills of anticipation racing through her.

Placing her feet on the firm mattress, Buffy forcefully thrust her hips against his, craving his touch while he continued to tease her with the nibbling bites along her neck. Sinking her teeth into his shoulder, she smiled against his skin when a low, rumbling growl of approval reverberated to her.

“I need you,” she whispered frantically.

“You have me,” he said in a soft whisper, sending more chills running through her when she felt his cool breath on her ear.

“Spike, please…”

“You want me to bite you?” he asked, suppressing a smile as her inner muscles clenched around his cock in anticipation.

“You know I do,” she whispered, pulling his head down to her neck and trembling when she instinctively sensed the demon visage come over his face.

Trailing his tongue over his previous mark, Spike felt her shiver beneath him, feeling the need in her body before gently letting his fangs slice into her neck, smiling against her skin when she screamed out her release, letting her muscles clench around him as stars burst in front of her eyes.

Unable to hold off any longer as the blood flowed onto his tongue, Spike plunged into her welcoming body, pulling his lips away from her neck with a roar as he practically exploded inside of her.

Feeling her hands lose their hold and fall to the mattress, Spike smiled against her neck as he involuntarily breathed against her skin.

“That was amazing,” he whispered, pulling back to look at her. “You’re amazing.”

“You got the job done yourself,” she said with a smile, struggling to keep her eyes open as the exhaustion seemed to weigh her down.

Gritting his teeth as he pulled out of her, Spike reluctantly left the warmth of her body. Immediately rolling them so Buffy could snuggle against his chest, he let his eyes close as he absentmindedly ran his hand through her hair.

“This home now, pet?” he asked after a quiet moment.

Glancing around her bedroom, Buffy bit her lip. She liked Las Vegas. She really did, but it no longer felt like home. They had only been back for a day, but it didn’t feel the same.

Maybe that was because she never felt at home anymore unless she was in Spike’s arms. Maybe it was because he had claimed her in Los Angeles and now she felt an undeniable pull back to the same place. Of course, that could be because her family was so close to the area. It had been hard enough leaving her newly human father and coming back here.

“I don’t know what this is,” she said after a moment. “I love it here, but…”

“You’re young,” he murmured, kissing the top of her head. “You want to see the world.”

“Yeah,” she whispered. “It would be nice. But we have a lifetime to do that, right?” she asked, turning to look at him with a questioning gaze.

“That we do,” he replied, offering her a soft smile as he caressed her cheek.

“Ever seen Paris at night?” she asked with a teasing grin.

“Not in this lifetime,” he said with a chuckle. “Is that your not-so-subtle way of asking me to take you to Paris?”

Raising an eyebrow, Buffy sat up, watching as he raised an eyebrow, appraising her bare torso as the sheet slid down her body, leaving her hair to fall over her shoulder in such a way that he felt himself growing hard again.

“I don’t need to ask you to take me anywhere,” she said, irritation making its way into her voice as her independent nature came through. “If I want to go to Paris, I can be on the next plane out.”

“Not without me, you couldn’t,” Spike replied, putting one arm behind his head, unashamedly perusing her naked body as he spoke.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked, obviously becoming more frustrated with him.

“It means,” he began, quickly reaching out and jerking her arm that was bracing her body out from under her, sending her crashing against his chest. “That you are my mate, Buffy. You don’t go anywhere without me.”

Staring into his serious eyes, Buffy finally let her expression soften. “I know that,” she whispered with a gentle smile, relaxing when she saw his eyes become clear as the minimal anger receded. “I was just saying…”

“That you don’t need me to protect you,” he filled in with a smile. “I understand. I don’t need to protect you, Buffy, but I am going to be with you.”

“That’s fine with me,” she murmured, laying her head down on his strong chest and closing her eyes in exhaustion. “That was the point of the whole claimy thing,” she whispered sleepily.

“Wasn’t the only point, Goldilocks,” he replied, tugging on her hair in amusement.

“I know,” she said with a slight yawn. “But having you around for eternity could have its advantages.”

Hearing the smile in her voice, Spike gently kissed the top of her head before replying, “I feel the same way. After all, having you could have its advantages, too.”

“How so?” she asked, turning toward him with a curious expression.

“Well, let’s see,” Spike replied, looking up at the ceiling as he pretended to think before turning back to her. “Having the woman I love with me forever…not a bad deal. Especially when she’s hot.”

Giggling softly, Buffy brushed her lips against his in a tender, loving kiss.

“Not to mention the biggest advantage,” he continued with a teasing smile. “The fact that you’re the daughter of prophecy.”

Chuckling when she swatted his chest, Spike watched as Buffy giggled and rolled her eyes, shaking her head slightly.

“You know…I really, really hate that phrase.”





THE END…






A/N - The story is continued in Daughter of Darkness





Thanks so much to: TammyAsh666, Ariel Dawn, Cordykitten, Kar, caatje, Tasha, Brunettepet, Caitie, Sevvy_O, rre, Melissa, daisy, starhawk, willowmouse, baby spikes, shelly, SpikeLover520, BuffyandSpikeForever, Crystal Pegasus, gypsy_jin, Franchesca, Reciprocity, Spike Eternal Lover, spuffette, Kimber and phantomwriter for reviewing!