Title: Forget Me Not
Authors: The Kings of Mercia
Hotliped Jen
Pattyanne

A round robin spuffy fic we cooked up, just for the
hell of it.

Feedback: We adore it



Chapter 4: by the Kings of Mercia







“So come on, what did he say, is he pleased we did a good job?” Julius had to almost run to keep up with Roy’s quick long strides.



“Pleased? – No, in fact he said he was going to relieve your stupid head from your body, in fact!"



“WHAT?! – but why, we did a good job! It’s not our fault the others bailed and...."



Roy held his hand up and stopped walking now he was sure he was out of Crimsa’s vision. “We shouldn’t have left the slayer and the vampire together."



“And that’s my fault how? – YOU said to..."



“Alright, alright, don’t go on! Look, we just have to go put it right, that’s all”



“You mean.... we’ve got to go and………oh, no way!”



“Yes way, or we don’t get paid!”



“NO WAY! What if they are awake by now? It’s been……..well, ages since we took them to the motel. I don’t know how long exactly, but it’s been ages, and YOU said to ME when we bought them there that that the effect from the Dragon’s Heart plant would only last for so long...you said Roy, YOU SAID!”



“Will you calm down! Look, we go there, grab them, bundle the vamp into the back of the van and...."



“No, I vote we take the slayer."



“Are you out of your mind? – Hello!? SLAYER mean nothing to you?”



“But the vampire might bite!”



“And the slayer might slay! Look, just get in the van, will you?…. honestly …. I’m working with cretins, I really am” Roy muttered to himself as he yanked open the door of the van and got in. Julius still hadn’t started it up yet. With a patience he definitely wasn’t feeling, Roy said,“Well, come on, chop-chop, time is of the essence here."



“No, we’re not going anywhere until we agree we take the vampire, and not the slayer. Vampires don’t drink other demons blood.”



Roy did a double take at Julius, who was sitting like a petulant child with his arms crossed. He could feel his temple begin to throb and he bent his head and rubbed his forehead. With as much control as he could muster, Roy hissed, “Just DRIVE to the motel NOW, coz if we get there and they're gone, then Crimsa will have your head on a plate…”



“And yours! You’re not totally innocent in all thi..."



“JUST DRIVE!” Roy said angrily, banging the dashboard with his fist. This frightened Julius into starting the van and driving back to the motel.





****************





“Hungry? – Um…not really thought about it…but now you come to mention it, I feel…” The girl turned to face the blonde guy who was now sitting on the bed instead of lying down.



“What, pet, you feel what?”



“Like something sweet…I feel like I missed out on something – you know, when you’ve been promised something, then it’s suddenly taken away from you – oh, who's that?"



“Won’t know till you answer, will you pet?”



She opened the door, and the old guy from the office came shuffling in carrying in a variety of very old clothes.



He didn’t remove the cigarette from the corner of his mouth, coughed violently, and he dumped the clothes in the middle of the room. “There you go, all the stuff that’s been left here one time or another, g’night”



The girl's brows rose as she looked at what he’d brought…an odd assortment of stuff various people had left…there was a dirty raincoat, a bright green net ballet dancers tutu that looked like it would have fit a whale…a gold coloured boob tube, blue pants, with one leg missing, a dress that looked like it had been made out of some curtains, and faded ones at that, and a tweed jacket.



“Ugh, I’m not wearing anything there – ew, they stink of damp, and oh my god, is that a blood stain?! – ew!" She quickly dropped the sequinned boob tube she was holding by the very corner.



The blond guy got up off the bed and frowned down at the pile. He had to admit the girl was right...the stuff was rank.



“Well, the bedspread isn’t much better, but you could always…hold on….what’s this?”



He felt in his back jeans pocket, and pulled out a small square of paper.



“What is it?”



“A receipt of some sort…’J. Collier’s and Sons, Jewellers, Martha’s Parkway, Sunnydale. One pair of silver filigree earrings, $90 – 4th Nov, 2004.' Oh, they could be the ones you're wearing.” He pointed to her ears with the receipt.



Buffy put her hand to her ears and smiled as she touched the cool metal. So, the guy had bought her the earrings then! She felt a warmth growing inside her and she smiled, then she asked, “Sunnydale, huh? Ring any bells with you?”



“Not so much as a ding…or even a dong, come to that…hello, looks like we have more visitors…” There was the sound of a van pulling up outside. The headlights that had been blazing through the gap in the curtains went out. “We might get some answers now…quick, grab something to hit them with."



“What? – are you out of your mind? – we need to....!"



“Look, pet – we suddenly wake, not knowing who or why or where the hell we are, and if whoever DOES know, then they’re obviously up to no good. We were drugged or something – not the kinda thing a mate does to you now, is it?”



The blonde thought about his logic and reluctantly nodded...he DID have a point, she supposed.



********





“Well, then...what are you waiting for? Go get him."



“ME?! YOU go get him!”



“Julius, we’ve been through this, and you’re wasting time. Crimsa will...”



“Crimsa can kiss my ass! Why is it me, me, me who does all dirty work, hmm? ‘Fraid to get your hands dirty?”



********





Meanwhile, the blonde guy had picked up the ratty chair the girl had been sitting on, and the girl picked up the wastepaper basket.



“That’s hardly going to knock...." he began.



“I can slam it over his head, we can twizzle them around to disorientate and then you can hit them... if necessary."



The blonde guy smiled – yeah, spot of violence, he could go with that!



“Can you hear them? I think that they’re arguing” the girl said.



They heard two van doors slam shut, and they both stood ready, ‘weapons’ poised. Both of them frowned, when instead of a knock, somebody began to fit a key into the lock and they heard voices say, “I hope to the devil that they’re still out cold!”



“Keep your voice down, will you?! Don’t want to wake them up!”



The door opened very slowly, and the blonde guy saw two figures. The smaller one came in first, and he bought the chair crashing down on the back of his head. Whoever it was instantly fell to the ground, knocked out. This caught the other figure totally by surprise, and the second figure cried out, ‘Julius’, before everything suddenly went dark, and two pairs of hands were spinning him around like a top. Light was restored, and he found himself hurtling face first towards the wall, which he crashed into with a sickening thud, and he too, was knocked out.



“Come on, can you drive?” The blonde girl stood in the doorway.



“Not going anywhere yet, love. Come and help me get these two tied up."



“But we could get away!”



“Where to? No, come on, give me a hand here. We can tie them up, bring them round, and start asking questions."



The girl realised that this was a better option, but saw the van keys on the floor and pocketed them. “Well, I’ve got the van keys…”



“Let’s tie ‘em back to back…. I can…use……..this!” The blond guy began to rip the dress from the pile into strips, and they quickly had their two mysterious figures tied up together.



“Right, what do we do now?” the girl asked, standing up.



“We wake ‘em up…” The blonde guy strode towards the bathroom and came back with the tooth mug full of water. “Bit pathetic I know, but there’s nothing else!” He threw the water into the one guy’s face, the one they’d smashed against the wall.



“Ugh…huh wha- oh – what?” The figure began to struggle and he shook his head, spluttering.



“It’s no good struggling...now YOU are going to answer us some questions, me old mate – here, pet, go get some more water and wake laddo with him.” The blond guy held out the tooth mug, and the girl went and fetched another cup of water.



A minute or so later, both awake, the captors now the captives and had both stopped struggling, realising it was hopeless, they were just wasting energy.



“Are you going to bite us?”



“What? – look, just shut up, WE’RE asking the questions. Right, first off, who are we?” the blond guy asked menacingly, pacing back and forth in front of the hapless pair.



“Tell them NOTHING, Julius,” Roy warned.



“See, now that’s not very friendly is it? You know your names…we want to know ours."



“I KNEW they’d be awake – I KNEW IT – I said, I told you, that-” The smaller of the two began to say in a panic-stricken voice.



“For f’fucks sake SHUT UP!” his companion shouted. He was trying to think, and not only was it bad enough being tied up to the moron, but he was going to sing like a bird if the going got tough.



The blond guy squatted down and held the larger guy’s chin in his hand.



“How about YOU shutting up instead, else you just might find yourself back in the land of nod, okay?” The blond guy balled his fist menacingly and drew it back like he was going to hit him. The big one thought about it and reluctantly nodded. His captor smiled and stood up. “Good, glad we understand each other. Now, I ask again, who are we, and why are we here, wherever that might be?"



The smaller of the two tied up began to shake and cry and wail. “Oh, why did I listen to you…why, WHY? – We're dead now, so dead...if the vampire or slayer doesn’t do it, Crimsa will…he’ll have my head on a plate!"



“What are you talking about? Who's a vampire...what’s a slayer – who is Crimsa?” The blond girl tried the blond guys trick of grabbing the wailing guy’s face, letting her nails dig in just enough to hurt.



“So dead...he’ll kill us, no wonder the others didn’t show up...they were right to bail, they knew, they KNEW!”



“Er, can you shut him up for a bit? I want answers, not incoherent ramblings?" the blond guy said to the girl.



She nodded, and backhanded her captive. Hoping just to stop him going on, she was amazed at the strength she felt when her hand connected to his face, and it felt like she could have almost swiped his head clean off! The guy’s head immediately slumped forward... with a "ugh", he was out cold!



“Wow – that was... wow! – oh, god, did you see THAT! Wow, I’m strong!” The blond girl grinned and flexed her fingers, amazed at her own strength.



The blond guy looked surprised, then impressed and he said, “Remind me never to piss you off, pet! Now, where were we…oh, yes...your mate Julius here was just about to tell us who we are, but he also had something else on his mind, so, we’d like YOU to tell us, and soon, coz I gotta tell ya, I might not know who I am, BUT whoever I am, my patience is wearing thin, so come on now mate, who am I, huh?”





***************



“Look what I found! – here, hold these, I’ll just open the bottle…maybe we were going on a trip?”



The dark haired guy smiled and said, “Well, where would we be going…where are we, any ideas?”



“Who cares? - We have Champagne, a nice boat…hardly any clothes on” the blonde girl put down the bottle and, with her body, sort of eased the dark haired guy back towards the bed.



“Um, look, I – um, as much as I find you attractive, VERY attractive... I don’t think that- ohh! Um, hey, erm, steady on…er, do you think that’s wise? – I mean, oh god…what if.......?"



“Relax! Lets get comfortable and get to now each other better”



The girl's words and body were washing over him, having the desired effect for her, and she could see he was getting hard…



“Ah, ooh, hey, um, wha- stop, hold on, please wait, look, ahhh, erm I don’t think that....... ohh!”



“What is it?” she asked impatiently, stopping her ministrations of caressing and kissing him.



Feeling slightly panicked, he said the first thing that came into his head, and he looked worriedly at her. “Well....what if we’re brother and sister or something?”



“WHAT?! – Oh!” The girl looked horrified and sat up with her arms folded, he’d TOTALLY spoiled the moment!





*************





“This Giles said can we remember the last thing we did before we woke up?” Willow asked.



“Um….no, nothing………”



“Hmm, me neither. But it looks like what happened here was because somebody wants the slayer, her name's Buffy. Spike, he’s a vampire, but a good vampire, what ever one of those is…”



“Maybe he’s like Duckula, and drinks tomato sauce!” Tara said. smiling.



Willow gave her a pretty smile. "Then there’s Xander, apparently he’s like been my friend forever...and then there’s Anya. She’s his girlfriend, she’s a demon, too.... well, ex-demon."



“So, what are we going to do? – we can’t look for them. I don’t know who I’m looking for."



“No, this Giles told me to sit tight, he’s sending help."



“Meanwhile…want some cake?”



“Love some." The phone rang. "Oh, I’ll get it...Hello?"



“Who’s this? Willow, is that you?”



“Um, well yes, I think so... so I’ve been told."



“Look, my name is Angel. Giles told you about me, right?"



“Um, yes, you’re the other good vampire."



“Other? – Look, never mind that now...I’m coming to Sunnydale right now, soon as I finish this call. I’m bringing a few friends, we’ll come and help, okay?”



“Uh-huh, okay. Where’s Sunnydale?”



“It’s where you are. I’ll be there in a couple of hours. Meanwhile, what brought this on, do you know?”



“No idea, we can’t remember."



“Well, don’t worry, we’ll soon be with you. Bye!”



“Bye."



Tara appeared with two slices of cake on a plate. They sat down and ate while Willow told her what the vampire called Angel had just said.





*************





“LOOK – I’m rapidly losing patience with you! I’ve never heard such bollocks... demons and vampires and slayers. This is your last chance...WHO THE FUCK ARE WE!?"



Suddenly the guy felt an odd change come over him, and he looked up and saw that the blonde girl was looking at him, horrified. As soon as the change passed, he said, “What’s up pet?”



“Y-you – you! I think he was telling the truth!”



“What? – don’t be so ridiculous!”



“You didn’t see what I just saw...you changed!”



“Changed?”



“You’re a vampire!”



“I’m a what? – oh come on…I – I really, my face…I... did suddenly feel strange..." He was reeling from the new development.



The blond girl looked at him and said, “My strength! That must mean... I’M the slayer, then!”





TBC..

Next chapter up by Jen

Feedback makes us smile pretty! How about it?