Author's Chapter Notes:
I'mmmmmmmmmm Backkkkkkkkkk!
The Bronze was so packed full of people you couldn’t see more than at the most, two feet in front of you. This was a problem because it also meant you couldn’t move very far very fast unless you were willing to get nasty. And for that, Buffy was extra, extra glad Faith had wanted to come with her tonight. If anyone could do nasty, it was Faith. And on top of that, she was good at it.

“Move it! Get the hell outta my way ya pansy ass!” Faith bombarded her way through the crowd pulling Buffy along by the arm. She was pushing, shoving, and sometimes hitting any one or thing that go in front of her. They stopped at a table that sat a couple of freshmen, at least it did till Faith scared them off, just a few feet from the bar.

Buffy looked around the over-packed club for any sign of the birthday girl or her boyfriend. Neither where in Buffys line of sight. She turned to Faith with a small smile. "So are we gonna look for people or do you wanna just cut to the chase and head straight to the bar?"

Faith smirked. "Ain’t you a little young to be drinking, oh darling little sister of mine?" Buffy just rolled her eyes and smirked.

"To the bar it is then!" Buffy, pulling Faith behind her, headed up to the counter to place her order. They got knocked from behind and Buffy toppled over and would have hit the ground if a pair of big arms hadn’t caught her first. Buffy stood and looked up to apologize but the words died on her lips when she saw the one person who could totally ruin this night....Angel.

"Hey babe." With that he pulled her up for a hard, demanding kiss. A pale Buffy stood there, unmoving, in a state of shock. 'Why? Why is he here? Why wont he just leave me alone? Why do I want to kiss him back? Why cant I hate him?' These thoughts ran repeatedly through Buffys mind and she wanted to cry. Not in pain or in grief but from the mere confusion of it all. A single tear fell down the side of her face.

Faith stood back and looked at her sister, and what she saw, she couldn't believe. Buffy had been one of the strongest people Faith had ever known and Faith had always been proud to call her sister. But the girl that stood in front of her now, was not her sister. She was a weak spineless little child, who let this large oaf of a man push her around.

Finally Angel released her. “H…Hey An..Angel, What are, are you doing here? Buffy stuttered out her voice barely loud enough to be heard over the music. She stepped back and felt her sister lay her arm over her shoulder. She took a quick peek over at Faiths face to see she was glaring at Angel. Buffy could feel Faiths tense muscles and knew she was ready to attack Angel if he even went to make a wrong move.

“You Invited me, remember? You wanted me to come.” Angel smirked and looked towards Faith. “Aww, isn’t that sweet? You brought your sister down to give you lessons on being more of a slut than you already are. Don’t worry about it Buffy, I know how much you whore yourself out to anyone who asks, you don’t need to learn much more to turn out like her.”

Faith stared towards him claws unsheathed, but Buffy grabbed her back. Faith turned towards her in shock. She was trying to protect this ass?

Buffy looked up at Faith with pleading eyes and she felt her sisters shock, anger and disappointment. When she spoke, it was a whisper just for Faith to hear “Please Faith, don’t start. I can handle this. Just please, let me handle this.”

“What like you’ve been handling it so far?” Faith didn’t even try to lower her voice but felt a twinge of sadness when she saw the hurt flash in and out of her little sisters eyes.

Buffy still didn’t raise her voice, still speaking only to Faith. “This wont end well for either of us if we do it your way. He loves me. He wont hurt me as bad as he’ll hurt you.” Faith just looked at her. That had to have been the stupidest statement she had ever heard and Faith had heard a lot of crap in her lifetime. What the hell was wrong with Buffy that made her acted like this? This girls that she was looking at was not her sister anymore. As Faith turned towards Angel, she missed the determined look that had overcome her sisters face.

Faith hadn’t seen Buffys fist coming.

It wasn’t the first time Buffy had hit Faith. It probably wouldn’t be the last either. That was the way they worked. Faith had broken Buffys nose just as many time as Buffy had broken hers. But it was different this time. When Buffy hit her this time, it was different. It wasn’t pain that made Faith fall back into the crowd, it was the shock, the fact that she hadn’t expected it. She heard a faint ”Sorry.” and when she looked up both Angel and Buffy were gone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy pulled Angel through the crowd till she was sure she was far enough away that Faith wouldn’t even be able to find them right away. She needed to talk to Angel.

“Couldn’t wait to get me alone, huh? That was nice, you punching out your sister and all.”

“I didn’t….punch her out. I barely hit her.” Buffy couldn’t even look at Angel. “Why are you here? You couldn’t just….leave me alone, at least, at least until I had healed?”

“Look at me” Angel growled. When she didn’t he grabbed her jaw tightly and forced her to. “Listen here, bitch, I can do anything I want. I own you remember? Your mine and I will never let you go. I will never leave you alone.” On Angels face sat a merciless smile. He leaned in closer to her ear. “Your mine.”

Buffy ripped her jaws from his bruising grip. She rubbed her face and could feel it start to bruise.

Why was she letting him treat her like this?

“Nobody, not even you, owns me Angel!” The moment the words were out of her mouth Angels hand slammed into the side of her face.
Oh, yeah, that’s why.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Up On The Boardwalk
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

While Xander and Willow were busy entertaining and talking it up with various other guests Spike was only the lookout. He knew it was only a matter of time before he saw her again and he hoped it would be tonight. He scanned the club one more time for any sign of her.

That was when he spotted her. She was standing facing a guy that Spike guessed to be the big lug he had met earlier, Angel. He saw Angels hand go up and he saw Angels hand come down. He yelled out at them, but the music was so loud not a single person heard him. He watched again in shock, his legs unable to move, as Angel hit her again and she fell to the floor.

He watched.

He watched as Angel walked as if he hadn’t a care in the world, leaving the fallen girl on the floor. He watched as she picked herself off the floor and look in the direction of the man that had put her there. He watched as she gathered herself up and took off in the opposite direction. He watched as she walked out the back doors and into the alley.

He watched.




(I realize I said that they would meet in this chapter. I just really liked this for an ending to this one…sorry! I know its been a while since I updated but my computer is back online so the next chapter (and they WILL meet, I swear) will be up shortly…that depends on reviews of course *winks*

~Bella)