Chapter 4: Devil in a Blue Dress





The following evening...

Spike's father was still in England, so he had the house to himself. And what was he doing with his freedom? Homework. Stupid, bloody, boring, non-sexual homework.

Spike grumbled and shifted in his seat on the floor in front of the coffee table. Buffy couldn't be with him tonight. Some old friends of hers (Xander Harris and Willow Rosenberg) asked her out to dinner and a movie, and she couldn't refuse without a good reason. As much as he wanted to be, he couldn’t be Buffy’s whole world. They both needed to do things without each other on occasion.

Spike tapped his pencil on the table, endeavoring to keep his mind on the history book opened in front of him. In addition to normal homework, he also had to study for the upcoming SAT's. Unfortunately, that meant even more time he couldn't spend pleasuring his beautiful girlfriend.

He smiled wistfully, staring past the book. His girlfriend. His Buffy. Spike couldn't wait for the time when they could be together for real and he could move in with her. He began imagining what it would be like, going to sleep and waking up together, having meals, even little things like Buffy leaving nylons hanging on the shower curtain rod...

Spike was jolted from his daydreaming by the doorbell.

He smiled and quickly went to answer it. He wasn't expecting anyone - it had to be Buffy.

"Hello, luv." Drusilla smiled.

"Dru..."

Spike had to pause a few moments to get over seeing her again after so long. She was the last person he expected to see on the other side of the door. Dru was still as lovely as ever. Her waist-length dark hair was straight with the exception of a few, long curls around her face. She was wearing a blue, velvet, ankle-length dress showing ample décolletage.

Dru laughed, her eyes roaming up and down his body.

“Bloody hell...you look smashing!” Dru said cheerfully.

“What do you want? I thought I made my feelings crystal clear on the phone,” Spike said tersely.

“It’s very important that I speak to you, my Spike. You’ll want to hear what I have to say.”

A million thoughts raced through Spike’s head, what could Dru possibly have to say? A few horrible scenarios in particular, pushed their way into the forefront of his mind: Dru had gotten pregnant with his baby and he now had a child or Dru found out she’d gotten a disease from her infidelities and may have passed it on to him. Both of those possibilities chilled his blood.

“Are we going to stand here all night or are you going to invite me in, luv?” Dru arched an eyebrow.

“Whatever you say won’t make any difference. I’ll never take you back, if that's what you're after.”

“Fair enough, but at least let me say my peace. Five minutes of your time is all I ask.”

“Five minutes, then you leave.”

“Of course.” Dru grinned and breezed into the house. “How…quaint.” Dru said distastefully, looking around the living room.

"The clock's ticking," Spike said.

Dru sat in a brown leather recliner and crossed her legs casually. "That woman you're with--Buffy--I know about the naughty, illegal affair you're having. With one of your teachers, Spike? How very wicked!"

Dru laughed at Spike's look of surprise and fear.

"How...do you know her name?" Spike said slowly.

Dru’s eyes glinted, the corners of her mouth tilted downwards. “I heard you yell her name over the phone.”

SHIT!‘ Spike thought. He didn’t even realize that he’d yelled Buffy’s name, or that Dru was still on the line, listening to them.

Then he became angry, his face reddened. "What the fuck, Dru?! Are you stalking me?"

"Stalking is such an ugly word, my Spike. I prefer to call it 'observing'."

"You barmy bitch! And I'm not your anything! Get out of my house!" Spike spat between clenched teeth.

"No." Dru settled back into the chair, crossing her arms, an infuriatingly smug smile on her face.

"Then," Spike said moving towards her, "I'll bloody well toss you out!"

“It would be a terrible shame if people found out about you and your amorous teacher…”

“You can’t prove a damn thing!” He grabbed her by the forearms and hoisted her out of the chair. Dru struggled as he unceremoniously shoved her towards the front door.

"Get the fuck out! I never want to see or hear from you again!" Spike yelled.

Dru broke free and started laughing boisterously, tears squirted from her eyes. “I can’t prove it, eh?”

Spike stepped away from his ex-lover, staring at her with furrowed brows. "What are you laughing about? What's wrong with you? Are you on something?"

"Oh, Spike. You didn't even let me finish!" Dru wiped tears of mirth from her eyes. Then she reached into her purse, bringing out an unmarked video tape. She smiled and held it out to him. "Be a lamb,. and pop this in the video."

"What is it?" Spike eyed the cassette suspiciously.

"Play it and find out. It has to do with Buffy...that's all I'll tell you." Dru thrust the tape at his chest.

Spike snatched the tape from a grinning Dru. He walked over to the VCR and put the tape in the machine, then pushed play. What he saw on the screen, both shocked him and turned his stomach.

It was him and Buffy in her bedroom--having sex.

He remembered it very well. Just last night, Buffy and he had celebrated their one month anniversary. He watched, dumbfounded for a few moments, watching himself ripping off his dress shirt then dropping down to suckle at Buffy's tits while his hips pumped slowly.

Spike turned his head slowly to stare at Dru. He wasn't able to speak.

Dru giggled. "I caught the show from outside her window. Almost tumbled off the bloody roof a few times! You really gave it her good, didn't you, luv? I've watched the bit where you suck on your cock so many times while frigging myself..."

Spike stabbed a finger at the Stop button in disgust. "You--sick, disgusting bitch." He turned to face her, his features tight and immobile. "You lurked about Buffy's house! And filmed us having sex?! Why!?"

"Tsk, tsk, pet." Dru wagged a finger at him. "Not nice to call me names...you might piss me off. And you don't want to do that. Trust me." Dru looked at him, her eyes and voice laced with threats.

"Why did you do it?! Why are you even in Sunnydale?!" Spike yelled.

"Simple," Dru huffed air on her long, red, manicured nails. "I want you back. I've tried living without you, and I don't like it."

"You're bloody insane! I don't want you! I don't love you! You destroyed our relationship yourself! It's over! I'll never touch you ever again!" Spike was having an anxiety attack. His heart beat erratically in his chest, his pulse was racing, he felt sweat running down the back of his neck.

"Don't be hasty, my Spike. I didn't want to resort to this...but you leave me no choice. If you don't come back to me, a copy of that tape will be sent to:", Dru counted off the names on her fingers, "the school board, the local news stations, your Principal Snyder, the other teachers, the police, your Dad, the --"

"Stop it!" Spike bellowed. "Just bloody stop it!" He raked his hands through his hair and over his face. He had to stop himself from punching his ex. "This--this is crazy! Don't do this, Dru!"

"I like my plan. So what will it be, darling? Will you be mine again? Or does Buffy get publicly disgraced and sent to jail? You know, I heard about a case where a teacher carried on an affair with a 16-year-old student and got 5 years in prison! Poor thing..." Dru smiled evilly.

"I...can't believe you're doing this," Spike said in disbelief.

"Answer the bloody question!" Dru growled, switching gears in the blink of an eye, becoming more sinister.

"I can't! I can't be with you! I don't want to be with you."

"If that's your decision then." Dru said sounding calm again. She gestured toward the VCR, "You can keep that tape. I have many, many more copies. Enjoy the media circus that will surround you when this comes out. I do hope you and Buffy can still keep in touch when she's behind bars." Dru whirled around to leave.

Spike clutched her arm in desperation, making her look back at him.

"Don't! Please, Dru! Don't do this," he said in a low voice. “If you ever loved me, don’t do this.”

Dru smiled. "I gave you a choice, Spike. Have you changed your mind?"

"I'm in love with Buffy."

"Then, you wouldn't want her to get in trouble, would you?" Dru clucked her tongue and shook her head in disapproval. "Just scandalous...a teacher abusing her 'position' to seduce a student..."

Spike's hand fell away from her arm. "You're bloody moralizing!? You were 19, I was only 13 when you took me home and shagged my brains out!"

"Hmmm." Dru grinned with a dreamy, faraway look in her eyes. "Yes, I remember. You were so beautiful and innocent, like an angel." She looked up and down his body, lingering at groin. "You've filled out sooo much since then! So many lovely muscles!" she giggled. "Course, you know what my favorite muscle is."

Dru laid a hand, palm flat, on his chest. Spike flinched away from her touch.

"Don't touch me," Spike ground out.

"Hmph! I thought you were starting to be reasonable about this."

"How can you expect me to be with you again? Especially like this! Blackmail and affection do NOT bloody mix!"

"I‘m growing very tired of asking this. Does Buffy go to prison or will you come back to me?" Dru demanded.

Spike stared at her. "I hate you. I never hated you before...until now."

Dru looked at him, unaffected. "There's a thin line between love an' hate, Spike. Yes or no?"

Spike's jaw twitched, his eyes became shiny. "Alright. Just...just don't tell anyone about me and Buffy." He wanted to die.

Dru clapped her hands and did an impromptu jig, lifting her skirt to her knees. Spike watched her with a venomous look.

"I knew you'd accept!"

"I want every last, sodding copy of that tape destroyed." Spike grit his teeth.

"No, luv. I won't be destroying any copies. I need an insurance policy to make sure that you don't stray."

"So...this--this never ends!? I'm your bloody slave for--"

"Forever and ever!" Dru laughed, finishing his sentence.

"You make me sick. Don't you see how pathetic this is!? For God's sake, Dru! Think about it!"

"I get want I want, Spike. And what I want is you. Here are my terms: One, you are my man again, heart, body and soul. Two, I won't tolerate any backtalk from you, you naughty boy. Three, you do as I tell you, which includes giving me a good and proper shag whenever and wherever I say. Four, you break up with that whore, telling her that you're dumping her for me. If you tell her the truth, I‘ll make you pay."

"No! NO fucking way, Dru! You're out of your bloody gourd! I won't hurt her for your amusement!"

"DO IT!" Dru yelled. "I won't argue about this anymore. You agree or I'll expose your affair to the world."

"You're ruining my life." Spike said quietly, pleading with her with his eyes.

"No, pet. I'm improving it." Dru sat on the couch, looking at him with a seductive smile.

She gathered up her skirt, no panties, exposing her bare sex to him. She reached down, rubbing her shaved pussy. "Eat me," Dru ordered.

"No." Spike looked away sharply.

"Do--It--Now..." Dru said dangerously. "Get on your knees and eat my quim."

Spike walked over slowly. An image of himself strangling Dru to death entered his mind. He considered doing it for a moment...but he couldn't bring himself to actually do it, to take a life, even if the bitch deserved it. He felt wretched for having to do this. He should be smarter, figure out a way out of this. There was no way. Either he do this, or Buffy be disgraced.

When he was in front of Dru, he dropped heavily to his knees.

"That's the way, Spike-luv. Go on..." Dru spread her legs wide and leaned back, pulling his face tightly against her.

Not seeing any way out of this, Spike did as she bid him to. He gave her a withering glare before lowering his mouth to her wet pussy. He shut his eyes tightly and fought not to gag. Her juice felt like acid on his tongue; burning and bitter.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buffy was hanging up her jacket and purse on the coat rack when the telephone rang.

She smiled. Maybe it was Spike seeing how her night had gone. Buffy had gotten home earlier than she expected. That left the rest of her night wide open. With a spring in her step, she went to the phone.

"Hello?"

There was no response.

"Helllooo? I'm hanging up...you'd better say --"

"Buffy..." Spike said, in his deep, resonant voice.

"Hi, Spike! I was hoping it was you. I got in the door just a minute ago. You've got great timing." Buffy laughed giddily.

"Yeah..."

Buffy was so excited thinking about spending the night in his arms, that she hadn't noticed the depressed, gloomy tone of his voice.

"There's still plenty of night left. You want to bring your jammies and come over for a slumber party?" Buffy asked with a smile.

"Buffy...I - I need to talk to you."

The abject, pained tone got through to her. Her heart started thudding double-time in her chest.

"Spike , what's wrong?"

"Just listen...okay?"

"Spike, tell me what's wrong? Did something happen to your Dad?"

He was silent for a few beats. "I…can't see you anymore."

To say that Buffy was surprised would have been an understatement.

"What? Are you joking? Cause...not funny..."

"'M not joking... I'm sorry."

"But…why? Where's this coming from?" Buffy felt numb.

"I --" Spike sighed. "I never wanted to hurt you..."

"Spike," Buffy tried pulling herself together, to stay rational, "whatever upset you , we can talk about it. Come over, right now. We'll talk about what's --"

"No." He interrupted. "I can't."

"Dammit, Spike! Why?! Why are you throwing away what we have? I love you. And I know that you love me. Are you afraid of getting caught? Is that what this is about?"

"It - can't work - you and me... I'm…with someone else..."

Buffy's hand tightened around the receiver, her eyes narrowed to slits. "What?"

"There's - someone else..."

Buffy's temper broke free from her control. "You’re seeing someone else?! What the hell is going on, Spike?!"

Dru's voice butted in, "Hello, Buffy."

"Who the fuck are you?!" In her confusion, she didn’t recognize Dru’s voice from the other day.

Dru chuckled. "Such language! I'm Drusilla, Spike's former and current lover. He's mine now, luv. I suggest you bow out gracefully. Don't humiliate yourself by cryin' and beggin', Dearie."

"I can't believe this..." Buffy was torn between complete confusion and enormous rage. "Get off the fucking phone, BITCH!"

"Believe it." Dru laughed. “He thought it over and chose to take me back. Tell her, my Spike."

Buffy heard the distinctive, familiar sound of his breathing on the other end of the phone again.

"Spike, you can't be serious about this..."

Dru poked him, prodding him to say what she told him to say. Spike closed his eyes and sighed. “I…didn’t realize how much I still loved her until she came to my house. I….love her.. It has to be this way..." Spike said forlornly.

"No, it doesn't! Why are you with that slut!? Why are you doing this?!" Spittle flew from Buffy's lips. "Don't I mean anything to you?" Her voice cracked.

"Please, Buffy - I can't - I'm with Dru now... It's best for everyone."

"Fuck that! You're going to explain--"

Dru's irritating, Cockney drawl cut in again. "Listen Buffy, it's over. Get it through your head."

"Put - Spike - back - on - you cheap, fucking whore!" Buffy was trembling with anger.

"I don't quite care for your tone." Dru said dryly, the next sound was the clicking of the phone as she hung it up.

Buffy shook, keeping the phone to her ear for a few seconds after Dru hung up on her. With a loud shout, she hurled the phone at the wall. It broke in two - the pieces fell and thumped to the carpet. Buffy huffed and puffed, feeling like she was going to explode, her hands curled into tight fists.

This made no sense. Something else had to be going on. Buffy knew that he loved her as much as she loved him. She'd heard it from his lips and felt it in his caresses.

"I am NOT delusional!" Buffy yelled. She wasn’t going to let him go without a fight.

She walked quickly back to the foyer. "Can't fucking hang up on me if I'm right there, in his face." Buffy snatched up her jacket and purse. "I'll get to the bottom of this, real quick."

As she made her way out to her car, a malevolent smile spread on her face. If that bitch Dru gave her any shit, the British tramp would get an up-close and personal view of Buffy's fists.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"You did very well, Ducks." Dru petted Spike's head. "I would have preferred you were more forceful and firm. You sounded downright depressed. But you did it."

She gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Spike cringed away from her, not able , or wanting to look at her face. Dru put her hands on either side of face and turned him to look at her. Spike's eyes were light blue and welled up with tears.

"No tears, luv." Dru said, leaning in to lick along a tear track. "It's better this way. You'll see."

He pulled away from her. Dru‘s tongue on his face made him want to heave. "How can you want me like this? I HATE you!"

"I'll take you however I can get you. You say you hate me now, but things change."

Spike shook his head slowly. "That won't change. You ruined my .whole BLOODY LIFE!"

Dru rolled her eyes. "Oh, don't be so melodramatic."

Spike put his hands over his face, breaking down in anguished sobs.

Dru strolled over to the stereo and turned on some loud music. She went back to the bed and took off the bath robe she'd borrowed, letting it fall on the floor. She laid down on her back..

"Come to bed, Spike."

Spike looked at her naked body. "How can you expect me to - to want you? The sight of you makes me SICK!"

Dru picked her purse up off the floor and rummaged around for a moment. "Here," she said, pulling out a little zipped baggie containing pills, "take one of these. That should help with any non-excitement type problems."

"I'm not taking drugs!"

"Spike, you're going to get hard for me. One way or the other... Don't forget our deal. You please me, or..." Dru shook the baggie lightly.

Spike wanted to puke. Dru disgusted him so much, there was no way he would be able to perform. He walked over and took the bag, getting one of the pills out and swallowing it quickly. He didn't even know what he was taking , he hoped it would kill him.

"That should start working in no time." Dru grinned, she reached out and took his wrist in her hand, pulling him onto the bed with her.

Dru did love Spike (actually it was more akin to a scary obsession) but it was his body, his enormous cock that she really couldn't live without. If she had to force the sex, then so be it. She didn't care, just as long as she got what she needed from him.

Dru climbed on top of him, kissing his chest and rubbing herself against his flaccid length. Spike stared up at the ceiling, his spirit broken.

He closed his eyes and swooned a bit. The pill, whatever it was, was starting to work. It felt like some kind of hallucinogenic. Spike felt like he was floating, he started feeling giddy, wanting to laugh. Reality was slipping away.

Dru stroked his face softly. “Keep your eyes closed, luv. Feeling good?”

“Yeah…” Spike said lowly.

She kissed him, tasting his lips. “Mmm, so good!”

Spike put his hands on her arms, stroking up and down. Because of the hallucinogen, he thought he was with Buffy.

“I love you, Spike,” Dru said kissing his cheekbone and touching him.

“I love you, Buffy.”

Dru’s head snapped up. She glared, and in a flash she slapped him hard across the face.

Spike’s eyes flew open. He stared at her in shock and touched his burning cheek.

“Don’t you EVER say that name again!” she screamed. Dru switched gears again, becoming tender. She ran her hand gently through his hair and spoke more softly. “I’m sorry I had to do that, Spike. But you have to learn. It makes Mummy angry when you say that whore’s name.” She strangely called herself ‘Mummy’ when talking to him sometimes. Dru was completely out of her tiny little mind.

He looked up at her, confused. The drug was really messing with his mind.

“Shhh, now, pet,” Dru cooed, continuing her gentle caresses. “Close your eyes again. Go on…”

Spike did as she said, closing his eyes. He felt like he was having an out of body experience, like his soul had flown off somewhere. Leaving just his body. Just a drug addled mind and body that couldn’t distinguish right from wrong…


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buffy pounded on the Giles' front door, impatient for it to be opened. She had a full head of steam, getting angrier and angrier on the way here.

No one was answering the door. There was some loud music coming from somewhere inside. Buffy tried the doorknob, the door was unlocked. Steeling herself, she entered the house and looked around. The music she'd heard was coming from Spike's room. She went to his slightly ajar door and pushed it open.

Her stomach roiled and her heart was gripped by an invisible fist. There, on his bed, were Spike and Drusilla. Dru was on top of him, straddling his waist and bouncing up and down on his cock.

"Oh YES! - Oh - my Spike! My big, beautiful - AHHHH - Spike!" Dru panted.

Buffy’s rage knew no bounds. She went to the bed, grabbed Dru by the hair and pulled her off of Spike. Dru yelled in surprise and pain and fell on the floor.

“Get off of him, you bitch!” Buffy shouted.

Spike’s glassy eyes fixed on her. He looked confused. “Buffy?”

“You son of a bitch! How can you do this to me!?” she said, trying not to cry.

Dru rubbed the back of her head. It hurt from how hard Buffy had yanked her backwards. “What right do you have to come in here, uninvited?!”

“You shut the HELL up, bitch! I’m not talking to you. I‘ll tear you a new one if you say one more word! If you even try getting up, I‘ll knock you back down!”

Spike started coming back to his senses. He wrapped the sheet around his waist and stood up. He still felt woozy from the drug. “Buffy….I don’t--”

He was cut off as Buffy slapped his right cheek, the second slap he’d received that night. His head flew to the left.

With tears in her eyes, Buffy said, “I knew I never should have gotten involved with you! Is that what you want?” Buffy pointed to Dru. “After what she did to you?! Then you deserve each other! I hope she cheats on you again, you BASTARD! It would serve you right! I HATE you!”

“Buffy…”

“Go to Hell, Spike! You lying piece of shit! If that walking STD is what you want, then you can have her!”

Spike couldn’t speak. His mind was having trouble forming words. This had to be a nightmare.

Buffy looked at Dru, who was still sitting on the floor. “Congratulations. You won. You can have him, because I sure as hell don’t want anything to do with him anymore.”

Dru just glared at her.

Buffy turned back to Spike. “I loved you. And you shit all over me. I hope she hurts you even worse the next time, you bastard. You’re not the man I thought you were….I hope you die a long and painful death.”

“Buffy, you don’t understand…” Reality was sinking into Spike’s brain. Her words pierced his heart.

Dru shot Spike a warning look. He was not to tell Buffy the truth.

“Oh, I understand. I wish I never had to see you again! “ She punched him in the gut this time. “I HATE you!” She couldn’t take this anymore. Buffy turned and ran out of the room.

Spike held his stomach, breathing hard.

Dru stood up. “Well, she’s a drama queen, isn’t she?”

Tears rolled down Spike’s face. Not only did he break her heart as well as his, but he wanted to puke. Both from the punch and the situation.

“I hate you, Dru,” he said in a defeated voice.

“I think someone needs another ‘happy pill’,” Dru said, wanting to get him in the mood again.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buffy drove a few blocks before she had to pull over. She couldn’t see the road through her tears. How could he do this to her? It had seemed so right…like they were meant to be together.

Spike had professed his love to her on so many occasions…last night especially. They were going to move in together. What happened between then and now? Was he lying the whole time?

She started crying hard, leaning her forehead against the steering wheel. Seeing him, like that, with Drusilla was too much. That image would be burned into her brain for eternity.


TBC…