It was getting late when Giles discovered an irregularity along the wall. An uneven ridge ran from the ceiling to the floor and he would have missed it if it weren’t for him leaning his arm across the wall to rest.

"Xander, I think I've found something.” Xander walked over to investigate and he ran his fingers down the seam as well.

"It could either be really poor construction or the foundation is settling." Xander removed the painting that was closest to the seam. There was nothing behind it. He grabbed the light fixture and moved his hand along it, feeling for any abnormalities. It moved slightly to the side and both of them heard an audible click as the wall shifted outward.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

The girls were lounging on the only bed that was in the room, talking about girly things. There was nothing else to do except wait. All four girls were excited about Buffy's growing relationship with the newest member of their family. She was happy that they approved of it so readily. They were discussing the finer qualities of Spike when Dawn grabbed Buffy's arm and pointed to the far wall.

"Do you see that? Is that wall moving?" Fear resonated in the younger girl’s voice.

Buffy sprang out of the bed and sprinted over to the wall. She listened closely before grabbing the edge and jerking it open.

Giles and Xander, both stunned, stumbled into the room. The girls all rushed over to them and Giles was elated to see each of them alive and well. They hugged one another and then sat down to discuss how each of them had been taken and brought to this place. Giles did not understand why Spike was left untouched and prayed silently that the vampire was still alive. Buffy informed him of the conversation that passed between her and the beast the night she was taken.

"I don't think it cares very much for demons that do good. I got a distinct feeling this monster dislikes Spike because of him having a soul and being all redeem-y. It wants to destroy him. At least that's what it told me."

"Hmm, that's very interesting indeed. I wish we could somehow get a message to him. Anya, have you tried to teleport?" Giles asked the vengeance demon.

"Yes, of course I have but I think there is something up with this room."

Buffy agreed. "When I first got here, I tried to break down the door. I know I still have my strength, but the doors wouldn't budge."

Willow piped in. "We still have our powers. We tried some small spells before trying anything that would get us out of here. I believe the walls have us bound. There might be a binding spell on the room."

Giles mused for a second. "Do you think you can try to telepathically speak to William? He should be able to receive them and may even be able to send messages back."

Willow slid her hand into Tara's as they floated off into a light trance. Willow opened her eyes and looked over to Giles.

"There's some sort of invisible wall blocking. It’s strong. We could try to break it down, but we may need more power behind it."

Giles shook his head. "Do you think if we all focused with you, we could break it down?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "It's worth a try."

They grabbed each other's hands and concentrated on reaching Spike.

Buffy whispered, "I think I hear something."

"Shh, please concentrate, Buffy," Giles reprimanded.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

Spike had been tossing and turning since he went to bed. Too many things were bouncing around in his head, which he couldn't shut off. He sat up and rubbed his temples when he heard it. Someone was calling his name. He thought it might be his visitor he had earlier that evening but he was sure this female was calling him Spike.

"Buffy?"

'Spike, is that you? Did I really find you?'

"Buffy, luv, where are you?"

'What? I can hardly hear you. Don't talk with your mouth, talk with your mind.'

'Buffy, where are you?'

'There you are. I thought it was you. We were trying to find you. Everyone is here. Don't ask why I'm the one that found you and can talk to you. I've never done anything like this before. It seems so strange to talk to you like this. I miss you so much.'

'Buffy, luv, you're prattling on. Can you tell me anything? Do you know where you are?'

'Oh, sorry, it's just I miss talking to you.'

'I miss talking to you, too.'

'You do? That's…oh, sorry. Anyway, I believe we are somewhere outside the city limits. When I look out the terrace doors, it's all land. I think we are in a fairly good-sized house, at least 2 or 3 stories high. One thing I can make out, but it's very far away. It's a blinking white light like the ones on towers so pilots know not to fly low. The only one that I know of is on top of the smokestack at the old factory. It's so far away though, I don't even see the factory. I wish I could help you more.'

'No, that's a good start. I'm coming to get you. All of you. Tomorrow night. Don't know what in bloody hell I'm going to do when I get there, but I will find you.'

'I will tell everyone. I can't wait to see you again. And be careful.'

'Buffy, I know this isn't a really good time to tell you this, but…I think…I'm falling for you. No, I know I am. I love you, Buffy.'

'Spike, I lo…'

'Buffy? Buffy?'

Spike lay back down in bed. “I just hope I can get to them in time."

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

‘…ove you, too.’ “Spike?” Buffy was the first to come out of the trance, which broke the others away. Giles looked at Buffy sternly before facing Willow and Tara.

"Did it work?"

"I'm not sure, I felt something but I didn't actually talk to him." Willow informed him.

"I did," Buffy mumbled. "He sounds worried. Said he was coming to get us tomorrow night."

Giles look softened. “I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you were actually speaking to him.”

Buffy shrugged as Xander sighed. "I hope he knows what he's doing."

Giles patted him on the back. "Have faith in him, Xander. We all need to have a lot of faith in him."

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

The following day, Spike prepared for his mission for that evening. He gathered tools, sharpened blades, looked over maps of the city, and spent a fair amount of time in Buffy's room. Her scent was everywhere around him and it engulfed him. He grew agitated waiting though and at times like this, he wished he wasn't a creature of the night. He was prepared for battle and couldn't even leave his confines.

Mr. Wainwright had basically kept to himself since they had last spoken. Spike had overheard a telephone conversation he had been having later in the day and what Spike heard angered him. Mr. Wainwright was going to pull out, leaving Giles and the others with nothing, unless of course he could find a replacement to head this operation. He didn't even seem a bit worried there may not be an operation to run if the evil one took over. Spike left in a huff, Mr. Wainwright being the least of his worries at the time.

Spike headed out the instant the sun's harmful rays dimmed on the horizon. There was a cool breeze that would aid him to find a trail. Almost three hours later, as he broke from a wooded area into a clearing that sloped into a valley, his superior vision fixated on a rather large gothic style house hidden in the recesses. He took a moment to calm down and gather his strength, because he didn't really know what was laying in wait for him.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

The seven of them were sitting in the middle of the room again, talking about meaningless things. Buffy knew they were all very frightened but dared not show it. It wouldn't help them, anyway, if they voiced their fears and concerns.

Before she even knew what hit her, she was enveloped in blackness. She tried to open her mouth to speak, but no words came out. She felt like she was floating, nothingness surrounded her and as quickly as it started, she felt the ground below her, felt whole again. Feeling a bit dizzy, Buffy willed herself not to pass out. Slowly, her sight returned and she found that the rest of her family was with her, standing in a circle around a very immense solid black globe. Every once in a while, if she looked at it closely, the darkness seemed to swirl and Buffy wondered if it was a crystal ball; a very large crystal ball.

Giles was directly across from her. The trip there had left him disoriented as well, but much more so than Buffy. They seem to still be inside, but looking around gave her a feeling they were underground. Sconces ran along the walls holding torches that were burning intensely. Yes, it definitely had an underground feeling, smelling the dampness and earthy odor hanging heavily in the air. At the moment, they seemed to be the only ones there; but that soon changed.

The dark creature seemed to float into sight and he carried with him a very ancient looking book, which he held tightly onto. Buffy tried to speak to him, but no words came out. She then spoke with her mind and he answered.

'I suggest, little girl, that you not expend yourself. The pain will be much more intense if you use your strength, whether it be physical agony or mental anguish.’

The black creature made his way to the center of the circle and leafed through worn and yellowed pages of the book. When he found the page he was looking for, he placed it atop the sphere and the colors appeared gradually, building and swirling underneath. Deep, dark hues of reds, oranges, and purples; Buffy was hypnotized by the meshing of tints. The creature spouted words in a language she was not familiar with. Then she heard something familiar; she heard him. A wonderfully, magnificent voice.

"Huh, you bleeding pillock." Spike stood in the entryway, looking very much like a warrior on a mission.

"Ahh, the vampire, come to save the day once again and rescue the damsel in distress? Do you think…"

"You know what I think, mate? I've had enough of you and your incessant ramblings, so why don't you sod off."

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

TBC