Author's Chapter Notes:
I know things will probably seem kinda rushed from now on, but I'm even getting impatient for the Spuffy. I apologize ahead for the corniness of the chapter. I hope ya'll like it=)
Chapter 11

Spike dropped Buffy off at her house and got out of the car to walk with her to the front door. When they got there, he grabbed her and pressed his lips to hers and she kissed him back. They both broke away breathless. “Maybe we should save that for later.” She said and he nodded.

“Afraid that your mum will find out?” Buffy shook her head.

“I’m not really worried about that. I think she would be okay with this.” Spike was surprised, when Buffy opened the door and they both walked into the house. They entered the kitchen and Buffy stopped when she noticed the brunette standing there. She then had a huge smile on her face. “Oh my god!” She exclaimed as she went over to the man and enveloped him in a huge hug. He hugged her back, lifting her off the ground a little in the process.

“It’s good to see you, princess.” He said as he put her back down and she continued to smile at him. Spike felt a twinge of jealousy at the display, until Buffy spoke again.

“Uncle Lorne, it’s so good to see you. What are you doing here?” Spike sighed in relief when he realized the man was her uncle.

“I came to see my two favorite ladies, of course. My god, look at you. You’re just as pretty as a picture.” He said which caused her to blush.

“That she is.” Spike replied and Lorne finally noticed him standing there.

“Well, who might this strapping young man be?” He said and Buffy smiled.

“This is, Spike. He’s my...” She stopped when she couldn’t think of what to say, but Spike spoke up for her.

“I’m her boyfriend. It’s nice to meet you, mate.” He said as they shook hands and Lorne looked surprised.

“I didn’t realize you were seeing anyone.” He said to Buffy.

“It’s a pretty recent thing.” She replied and he nodded. Joyce then walked in with Thomas in her arms and smiled at everyone.

“I see my kitchen is full.” She said and Lorne smiled also.

“Let me hold the little guy.” He stated and Joyce handed Thomas over to her younger brother. “Hey there, fella. He’s gotten really big. This one is gonna have all the girls after him when he gets older. I can already see it.” Buffy laughed and knew that her son would grow up to be very handsome. Thomas then started to cry. “Hey, what’s wrong little man? I swear I didn’t do it.” Lorne said and Joyce sighed.

“Buffy, you better take him.” Buffy nodded and was about to take the baby from Lorne, when Spike stopped her.

“Can I try, love?” Buffy looked at him and nodded again as Lorne handed Thomas to Spike. Spike smiled at the baby and started to rock him as he made soothing sounds. They were all surprised when Thomas suddenly stopped crying. Spike looked at the faces around him. “I’ve always had a way with babies.” He said and they agreed. Buffy felt tears in her eyes when she saw Spike with her son. He seemed to be so good with him. Buffy now knew that this man was the one that she wanted. She knew that he would always be there for her. That thought made her smile. Spike saw the look on her face and smiled also as he continued to rock the baby to sleep.


* * * * *


Spike carried Thomas up to his room and placed him in his crib as Buffy watched from the doorway. “I think he likes you. He doesn’t let just anyone hold him.” She said and he turned to look at her.

“What can I say? Babies love me.” Buffy smiled and then grew serious.

“They’re not the only ones.” Spike wondered what she meant by that as he walked closer to her.

“What are you saying, Buffy?” She looked into his eyes and he noticed the tears.

“I think I’m falling in love with you. I know it’s crazy. I mean we haven’t known each other that long and with my past it’s hard for me to just let anyone in, but I can’t help it.” Spike caressed her cheek.

“It’s not crazy, pet. I know that I’m already in love with you. I think I’ve known since the first time I saw you. I never really believed in love at first sight, until I met you. You make the poet want to come out of me again and I thought I buried him years ago.” Buffy couldn’t stop the tears from falling down her face now.

“Why would you want me, Spike? Things in my life are complicated. I have a son and I’m only 18-years-old. You could have anyone you wanted. Why me?” She said in a shaky voice.

“Because you’re the most caring, wonderful person I have ever met. I love everything about you. I know things have been hard, but I just want to make everything right.” Spike said and looked at the sleeping baby in the crib. “He needs a father.” He stated quietly as he looked back at Buffy. “I want to be his father, Buffy.” Buffy was crying harder now as she thought about what he said. She then grabbed him in a tight hug and cried in his chest. Spike rubbed her back and whispered soothing words to her. “Everything will be okay, sweetheart. I believe that.” Buffy nodded and then let him go as she looked into his eyes to see the sincerity shining through.

“I love you.” She whispered and he smiled as he placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

“I love you, too. So much.” Buffy hugged him again and he kissed the top of her head as they continued to hold each other. Joyce smiled from the doorway, where she was watching them. She was happy that her little girl finally found someone.