Chapter 13

Spike walked to Buffy’s house and paused before he knocked on the door. He hasn’t seen her in a few days and it was driving him crazy. He said he would stay out of her way and let her make her own choices, but he couldn’t survive not seeing her for another day. He waited for a few seconds, when the door finally opened to reveal Buffy. He gave her a smile. “Hey, love. I couldn’t stay away any longer.” Buffy smiled also and gave him a hug, which he returned. He breathed in her scent and again realized how much he missed her. She let him into the house and the smile wiped off of Spike’s face when he saw the man in her living room holding Thomas. He looked up when they walked in and smiled at Buffy.

“I finally got him to sleep. I didn’t think I would be able to do it.” Buffy nodded.

“Can you take him upstairs for me?” She asked and he nodded also as he took Thomas upstairs. Buffy sighed and then turned back to Spike to see that he wasn’t happy.

“Is that him?” He asked her.

“Yeah, he stopped by a little while ago. Thomas really seems to like him.” Spike crossed his arms over his chest.

“Right, well he is the father.” Buffy let out a sigh.

“Spike, don’t be like that. It doesn’t mean anything. Scott does have a right to see him.” Spike nodded and dropped his arms.

“I know, I’m sorry I’m being such a ponce. I just can’t lose you.” Buffy grasped both of his hands in hers and gave them a squeeze.

“You have nothing to worry about, okay? I love you and that’s not going to change.” Spike smiled and gave her a kiss on the lips. Scott came back down and cleared his throat. Buffy pulled away from Spike and decided it was about time they were introduced. “This is my boyfriend, Spike. Spike, this is Scott.” She said and they both stared each other down, until Scott moved closer.

“Hey, it’s nice to meet you.” He said as he held his hand out for Spike. He only stared at it for a few seconds, before he grabbed his hand and gave it a firm shake. They dropped their hands after a few seconds and Scott turned to Buffy. “I guess I should get going now. It was great to see you again, Buff. Thanks for letting me meet my son.” Buffy nodded.

“You can come by to see him anytime you want. We may not be that close anymore after everything that’s happened, but I won’t keep him from you.” Scott nodded also.

“Thanks, I’ll see you later.” He looked at Spike one more time and then walked out of the house.

“See, he doesn’t seem so bad.” Buffy said once he was gone.

“He’s still the guy that raped you, Buffy. I don’t like him and I’m not going to. If you expect for us to be friends, you can forget about that right now. It won’t happen.” Buffy ran her fingers through her hair.

“I don’t expect that, but I wanted to thank you for understanding why he was here and for not saying anything bad to him.” Spike nodded and wrapped his arms around her. She rested her head on his chest.

“I was only doing that for you.” He said as he held her a while longer and then pulled away to look at her face. “I also wanted to tell you that we would be performing at the Bronze this weekend. They really love you there.” Buffy smiled at that.

“Yeah, that should be fine. Are we okay?” Spike saw the fear on her face and kissed her forehead.

“We’re fine; I don’t ever want to go another day without seeing you. I hardly slept at all.” Buffy took his hand in hers and gave it a kiss.

“You should go upstairs and get some rest. You can take my room. I had some work to do anyway.” She told him.

“Thanks, love. I only need about an hour.” He replied as he gave her a kiss on the lips and then headed up the stairs. He went to the baby’s room first and watched Thomas as he slept in his crib. He leaned down and kissed the top of his head, being careful not to wake him. “I love you, bit.” He whispered as he then walked out of the room and headed to Buffy’s room for some much needed rest.