Chapter 3

Buffy walked into the Bronze the next day feeling a little nervous when she saw Xander come over to her. They knew the manager, so they were allowed to be there when the place was closed to rehearse. “Hey, I’m really glad you could make it.” She gave him a smile.

“I wasn’t sure at first. I don’t usually do this.” Xander nodded and could tell that she was shy about singing in public.

“It’s okay, we don’t bite here. The guys are gonna love you. Come on, I’ll introduce you.” He said as he took her hand and led her over to a short man by the drums. “Hey, Oz. This is Buffy; she’s the girl I was telling you about. Buffy, this is Oz. He’s our drummer.” Oz smiled at her and he seemed friendly enough.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She said and he nodded.

“Likewise,” he was never a man of many words.

“Where’s Spike?” Xander asked and Oz shrugged.

“I think he was in the back.” Xander nodded as he led Buffy to the back of the club where they heard voices only to see Spike and Harmony arguing.

“I told you I can’t do this now. I have to rehearse, Harm.” The blonde crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a pout.

“Please, Spikey? You promised to spend the day with me.” Spike rolled his eyes.

“I never promised that. I have work to do. You either accept that or you don’t, I really don’t bloody care right now.” She scowled at him as she walked away, not even glancing at Xander. Xander shook his head.

“She’s always fun to be around.” He said sarcastically as he motioned Buffy over to Spike who seemed even more nervous. Spike had his back turned to them when they walked over. “Spike, this is Buffy. She’s the girl I was telling you about.” He said trying to get his friend’s attention and Spike laughed as he turned around.

“What kind of name is, Buffy?” He said when he noticed the girl for the first time and he lost his train of thought. Xander wasn’t kidding, she was definitely a looker. “Sorry about that, love. It’s a nice name.” Buffy nodded and avoided his gaze. Spike tilted his head to study her and could tell that she was shy. “So, let’s see how good you are.” He said and she nodded again as they walked back to the front of the club. Buffy noticed the piano. She felt so free when she played; she got completely lost in the music. She decided to do something different though as she looked at Spike and saw the guitar he was holding. She took a deep breath as she walked over to him.

“Can I borrow that?” She asked and he nodded as he handed her his guitar. She then grabbed a stool and sat down with the guitar. “I’m not that great and I get nervous when I have to sing in front of people, but I’m willing to try. I just hope you like it.” She said as she started to play the guitar and Spike was already amazed. She took another breath before she sang.


I couldn't tell you why she felt that way,
She felt it every day.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.


What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah, oh


She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


She's lost inside; lost inside...oh oh
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah



Buffy finished the song and grew nervous again, not knowing if they liked it or not when she noticed the stunned faces around her. Xander with a smile on his. “See, I told you.” He said and Spike turned to look at him with a smile also.

“I love you, Harris.” He stated.

“I knew you would, she’s pretty great.” Buffy got off of the stool and walked over to them as she handed Spike back his guitar. He took it from her and could see the worried expression on her face.

“Was it okay? I could do another song.” Spike shook his head.

“You really don’t need to, pet. That was bloody amazing. We would love for you to be our new lead singer.” She gave him a shy smile.

“I just don’t want to let anyone down.” Spike was touched at how sweet and innocent this girl was.

“I don’t think you have to worry about that. Our first gig is on Saturday. You think you would be able to do that?” Buffy nodded and knew that it didn’t take her long to learn new songs. He smiled and was relieved that they finally found the girl they were looking for. “Welcome to the band, love.” He said as he held his hand out to her. She looked at it for a few seconds and then placed her hand in his. They both suddenly felt a spark when their hands touched and immediately pulled away. They looked into each other’s eyes, neither knowing what that was.


* * * * *


The song was “Nobody’s Home” by Avril Lavigne. Glad you guys like it=)