Chapter 4

Buffy was really nervous as she entered the Bronze on Saturday night and saw the huge crowd there. She really hoped she would be able to do this when she felt someone place their hands on her shoulders. “Just take deep breaths, love.” She turned around to see Spike there and he was smiling at her. “I was always a nervous wreck when I started performing. You just have to breathe and if it helps, you can always picture the audience in their knickers.” Buffy smiled at that and she was already starting to feel better. “We go on soon, okay?” Buffy nodded and Spike gave her another smile before he walked away and joined the guys on the stage. Buffy took deep breaths like he said and kept telling herself that she could do this. She really hoped she could. Buffy then joined the guys on the stage and she stood behind the microphone in front. The audience applauded and Spike grabbed his microphone. “We’re glad you all came out tonight. I would like to introduce you to our new lead singer, Buffy Summers. I want everyone to give her some love.” Buffy blushed a little as the audience burst into applause again. Spike gave a nod and the band started to play. Buffy grabbed the microphone and took a deep breath before she began to sing.


I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone


These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase


When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me


You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me


These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase


When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me


I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along


When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me



The audience applauded and cheered when Buffy was finished and she smiled as she let out a sigh of relief. Buffy caught Spike’s eye and he was smiling at her. She smiled back as she turned back to the audience. They did a few more songs for the night and Buffy was tired when it was over. The guys came over to her and she was shocked when Xander picked her up and swung her around. “You were incredible.” He said when he put her back down and she blushed a little.

“Thanks, I’m glad it worked out.” She replied.

“Yeah, that was definitely something.” Buffy turned at the new voice to see a dark haired girl walk over to her. “You were pretty impressive. I’m Faith by the way. I don’t suppose these losers told you about me.” Buffy shook her head when Spike moved next to her.

“Faith was our old lead singer. She decided to move on to better things.” He said as he glared at her and Faith rolled her eyes.

“Please, like you really miss having me around with blondie over here. She’s much better than I ever was.” She said as she looked at Buffy. “You were really good, I’m glad they found someone decent to replace me.” Buffy blushed again at the comment. “Just take care of my guys, okay?” She said and Buffy nodded. Faith gave her a smile before she walked away. Spike rubbed his hands together.

“So, who wants to celebrate?” He said and the guys were all for it.

“I can’t, I have to get home.” Spike looked at Buffy and forgot that she was in high school for a second there. She looked so grown up.

“Right, I’ll take you home. I’ll see you later.” He said to Xander and Oz as he walked out of the Bronze with Buffy.

“You really don’t have to take me home, Spike. I could walk, it’s not that far.” Spike shook his head as they got to his car.

“I wouldn’t be a gentleman if I let a lady walk home by herself.” He said as he opened the car door for her. She smiled as she got in. He closed the door and went over to his side. He got in also and started the car as he drove away.


* * * * *


They were pretty quiet on the way to Buffy’s house. She only spoke to tell him where to go when he finally pulled in front of her house. She was a little nervous and realized that she didn’t want him to go yet. “Would you like to come in?” Spike thought about it and nodded as they both got out of the car and walked up to her door. She got her key out and let them in, closing the door once they were inside. She noticed the living room was a mess when her mother came out of the kitchen to greet them.

“Hey, how was the performance?” She asked.

“It was good. Mom, this is Spike. He’s one of the guys in the band.” She smiled at the young man and he smiled back.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Summers.” He stated.

“Please, call me Joyce. Mrs. Summers makes me sound even older than I am.” Spike laughed, he liked this woman already. She was about to say something else when they heard a baby crying upstairs. “Oh, that’s my cue. Just make yourselves comfortable.” She said as she headed upstairs. They were both quiet after that when Joyce then came back downstairs a few minutes later with a baby in her arms. “He just woke up. It’s like he knew you were home.” Joyce said as she placed the baby in Buffy’s arms and she smiled and gave him a kiss on the forehead. Spike didn’t know what to think when Joyce spoke again. “Would you like some hot chocolate, Spike?” He nodded and smiled at her.

“Do you have any of those little marshmallows?” Joyce had to smile at him also.

“Of course, it wouldn’t be hot chocolate without them.” She said as she went into the kitchen. Spike looked at the baby in Buffy’s arms. He moved closer to her.

“Hey, little guy.” He said as he touched the baby’s hand and then looked back at Buffy. “Your brother is cute, Buffy.” Buffy’s smile faded as she looked at Spike. She took a deep breath before she spoke again.

“He’s not my brother, Spike. He’s my son.” Spike’s eyes grew big at that realization.


* * * * *


Ah, cliffhangers are so much fun. Well, probably not for the readers. The song was “My Immortal” by Evanescence, one of my favorite bands. If you guys haven’t noticed yet, I’m a major music freak. I listen to everything basically. I always wanted to write a story like this and I’m finally getting around to it. Hope ya’ll like what I have in store=)