Yeah, I’m sure something like this has been done before. I like to think that I do things a bit differently though. Keep those reviews coming, starting to get to the good parts=)


Chapter 2

They packed up after another long practice. “You know, I think we still sound okay. We may not even need to find another singer. You could just do it, Spike.” Xander said.

“I don’t sing lead, whelp. I only do background vocals. We need to find another girl. I think I’m desperate enough to beg Faith to come back.” He thought about what he said and then shook his head. “Nope, I’ll never be that desperate.” Xander nodded as he grabbed his guitar case.

“I’ll see you guys later, I have to pick up the kid from school.” He told them as he left the apartment.


* * * * *


Xander drove to Sunnydale High School and parked his car. He got out and noticed that his sister wasn’t waiting for him. He rolled his eyes and figured she was inside talking with her friends. Xander sighed as he walked into the school to look for her. He was looking in a few classrooms as he walked when he stopped by the Music room. He could hear a piano coming from inside and he was about to walk away when a voice stopped him. Xander was stunned as he opened the door to the room to find a young girl playing the piano and singing a beautiful song that seemed a little sad. He walked closer to her and saw that her eyes were closed as she let the music take over her. He was mesmerized as he stared at her. She was very attractive with long, blonde hair. He decided to wait until she finished the song. He clapped when she was done which caused her to open her eyes and realize she wasn’t alone. She was startled as she stood up and backed away from him. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you. You’re really good, I couldn’t resist listening.” The girl still looked scared when she spoke.

“Thank you, I don’t usually play in front of people.” Xander nodded in understanding.

“Yeah, that’s cool.” He was about to say something else when another girl walked into the classroom.

“Hey, there you are. What are you doing in here?” Xander looked to see his sister standing there.

“I was looking for you. You were supposed to be waiting for me outside, Dawn.” The girl shrugged.

“I was talking to someone.” She said simply as she turned her attention to the other girl in the room. “Hey, Buffy. Were you playing the piano again?” The girl that Xander now knew as Buffy nodded.

“Yes, I was.” Dawn smiled at her.

“This is my brother, Xander. Xander, this is Buffy. She’s a senior and I have her in my Music class. She has major talent.” Buffy blushed at Dawn’s comment and Xander smiled.

“Yeah, I noticed. It was nice to meet you, Buffy.” She nodded again and didn’t say anything else when Xander motioned Dawn out of the room. He remained silent as they got in his car and drove off. He knew the guys would love to hear about that girl.


* * * * *


Xander walked into Spike’s apartment later that night without even bothering to knock. It’s not like Spike ever locked the door anyway. He then really wished he did knock when he found Spike on the couch making out with his girlfriend. He pulled away from her when he noticed Xander there. “Does no one bloody knock?” He wondered and the girl looked disappointed at the interruption.

“What do you want? We were kinda in the middle of something here.” She said and Xander rolled his eyes.

“I needed to talk to Spike.” He stated.

“Well, you can come back later. We were about to have sex.” She said as she started to kiss Spike’s neck and he grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her away.

“You should go home, Harm. I have stuff to do.” She glared at him and stood up.

“You always choose that band over me.” She stated as she grabbed her purse and walked out of the apartment. Spike sighed as he turned to his friend. Xander tried not to smile.

“Seriously, Harmony? How do you go from Faith to Harmony? I still don’t understand it. I think even you can do better than that.” Spike glared at him.

“Did you want something?” Xander nodded and got back to the reason he was there.

“You are going to love me, man. I found the perfect girl for the band.” Spike raised his eyebrows.

“Really? Where did you find her?” Xander shrugged.

“That’s not important right now. What’s important is that she has an amazing voice and she can play the piano. I kinda heard her by accident; she’s also really hot which is always a plus.” Spike rolled his eyes.

“You know I would have to hear her. You could have just been looking at other things instead of noticing the actual talent.” Xander shook his head.

“Trust me, she’s very talented. I didn’t tell her about the band because she seemed a little skittish, but my sister knows her. So, maybe I can have Dawn talk to her for me.” Spike was getting confused now.

“How does your sister know her? Where did you find her, Harris?” Xander sighed and knew he would have to tell him.

“They go to school together, but she’s still really talented.” Spike gave a short laugh as he stood up.

“You have to be kidding me? She’s in high school?” Xander nodded.

“It’s not so bad, she’s only a senior. Come on, Spike. We were in high school not that long ago.” Spike rolled his eyes again.

“Yeah, about ten bloody years ago.” He said.

“Maybe you were, but I was only six years ago. So, it’s really not that bad. Just trust me on this, at least hear her if she decides to sing for us. I promise you won’t regret it.” Spike sighed and rubbed at his tired eyes.

“Alright, we really don’t have a choice right now. She better be bloody good though and not into that teeny bopper music.” Xander smiled.

“You will definitely be amazed.” Spike really hoped he was right, because at this point they were out of options.