Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it has been so long... here's is two chapters.. forgive me if they suck i havent wrote Spuffy in half a year!!
Words: 1,684
Chapter 10
16 Going on 21
The next day, Joyce carried on as normal in the kitchen, making coffee and buttering toast, when Buffy came down the stairs dressed in dark blue jeans and a pink halter neck Joyce almost dropped her cup.

“Mom?” Buffy asked frantically, Dawn had told her that their mom dropped the plates before falling, and she had dropped another when Angel turned evil.

“I’m fine; I just thought it was all a dream.” Buffy grinned and carefully wrapped her arms around her mother.

“I’m real, no dream mom I promise.” Extracting herself from her daughter Joyce placed the cup on the island and picked up her toast, handing it to Buffy she put to more slices in the toaster for herself. “Thank mom.” Buffy mumbled around a bite of bread.

Joyce took her seat at the island opposite Buffy; lifting the mug of coffee to her lips she took a small sip. Placing it back on the counter top she gazed hard at her daughter.

“Is Spike your boyfriend?”

Buffy coughed, choking on the piece of toast in her mouth. She threw her hand over her mouth trying not to spit the bread at her mother. “Sorry, what?”

“Is that man your boyfriend?” She asked again, her forehead creasing in thought.

“No, not really. He has a girlfriend, sort of.” Buffy it her bottom lip and tried to term Spike and Drusilla’s relationship to her mom.

“Sort of? So he’s cheating on her or leading you on?” Joyce asked angry at the man.

“Neither.” Joyce raised an eyebrow. “It’s complicated.”

“So’s your life, but I still want to be involved in it.” Buffy looked away. “Please Buffy?”

With a sigh Buffy told her mother to brace herself, after receiving a nod from Joyce indicating she was ready, Buffy swallowed heavily. “Spike’s a vampire, mom. He’s actually related to the Master; the one who killed me.” At her mothers frightened gasp Buffy reached out to clench her shaking hand. “It’s ok, Spike won’t hurt me. I won’t lie to you mom, he came here to kill me.” Joyce paled and squeezed Buffy’s hand. “He’s not going to now. The sort of girlfriend is his Sire Drusilla.”

“Sire?” Joyce asked, growing more confused by the second.

“A vampire’s Sire is the vampire that turns you, drinks your blood and gives you their own. Dru sired Spike in 1880. Angel sired Dru around 1820 sometime. He was sired by Darla in 1772, I think. She was the blond woman who said she was my friend last year before you fell on a ‘BBQ fork’. Darla was The Master’s favorite Childe.” At her moms confused look Buffy resisted the urge to roll her eyes. “It means The Master sired Darla. Therefore relating him to Spike.”

“Spike is over 110 years old Buffy.” Her mother frowned.

“Only in vampire years.” Her mom stared at her. “In human he’s only about 25, or less.”

“And a 25 year old sniffing around my 16 year old daughter is supposed to make me feel better in what way?” Joyce asked a hint of sarcasm evident among her annoyance.

Buffy sighed. “I’m almost 21, mom.” She whined.

“Not here, you’re not. You’re 16!” She pointed out angrily.

“I love him.” She lifted her chin defiantly. “And he loves me, maybe not here, but he did there. And I can live with that.”

“Buffy, you are 16 here. You are still a child, and as your mother, I forbid you to see that m- vampire again.” She shouted rising from her seat, heading towards the living room with Buffy chasing after her.

“Mom, you can not do that! I am NOT your little girl. I am 20 years old.” Buffy cried in outrage as tears sprang to her eyes.

Joyce ignored her outburst and pulled open the cupboard door; pulling out a bottle of Jack Daniel she preceded to fill a glass to the brim and down it in one gulp. The hand holding the glass immediately put it down on the shelf and grabbed onto the wall to steady herself. Forgetting about the glass Joyce continued to swig out of the bottle, as Buffy stared on in shock.

It was too much like the last time. The shouting, the drinking, the tears.

‘At least she didn’t throw a glass at me this time.’ She thought solemnly.

“Mom, put the bottle down and we’ll talk.”

“Talk? You want to talk? What happened to you shouting at me?” She cried.

“You were shouting too!” Buffy yelled back, hand flying to her mouth as the words left it. “Mom, I’m sorry. Let’s not fight. It’s my first day here.”

“Oh yes, that’s right. You’re not my Buffy.” She sneered at her and took another swig of the amber liquid.

“Mommy!” Buffy sobbed, tears falling unchecked down her face. When Joyce just continued to drink Buffy let another sob tare from her throat as she turned and flew up the stairs. She slammed her bedroom door behind her and clicked the lock into place.

Pacing around her bedroom for 15 minutes Buffy felt like a caged animal. The word echoing in her head and the images assaulting her brain, as she cried. It was just like last time. Only Joyce didn’t tell her to leave, she ran. She picked Mr. Gordo up and hugged the pig tight. She heard a glass smash downstairs and laughed softly.

“I see she threw the glass after all.”

Throwing the pig back on the bed Buffy opened her wardrobe and pulled out the chest on the floor. Lifting the lip and removing the false bottom she picked up as many stakes as she could carry and tucked them into her jeans. She grabbed a jacket and shoved the remaining stakes into the pockets.

She angrily shoved the chest back into her wardrobe and slammed the door closed. She walked over to her window, and with a sad look back at her door lifted one leg out and pulled the other after herself. Climbing down the tree Buffy took off at a run for the only cemetery she remembered a vamp nest being in.

Grove Cemetery was eerily silent during the day light hours, no one walked past it or through it. No one walked any where near it, there wasn’t even cars around. It was eerie indeed. She jumped the locked gate with ease, another thing strange; usually the gates were open during the day.

Slowly Buffy headed for the mausoleum that her and Faith had gone to during the make-up exam she skipped. Throwing open the door she yelled.

“Rise and shine, it’s your wake up call.” Somehow it wasn’t the same when she said it on her own. She kind of hoped Faith would show up, but didn’t. She didn’t want Kendra to die, and Faith to turn evil. But Faith was fun, and maybe she could be helped this time.

She fought the vampires single handedly. Unamused to find out that she wasn’t as strong now as she was in 4 years because her body hadn’t had the amount of training and practice as her future body had. She managed to stake 4 of the 5 vampires without too much trouble. But now she was left with the oldest of the lot.

She circled him as he growled at her. “Don’t like to be woken, slayer.”

“Don’t think that I care, vampire.” She snarled at him.

He kicked out at her, taking Buffy by surprise she fell. The vampire dived on top of her and growled, practically salivating all over her halter neck. She twisted beneath him trying to throw him off.

“Name’s Vick, incase you want to know who killed you.” He told her smugly.

“Name’s Buffy, incase you want to know who staked you.” She muttered back just as cockily. Of course her smugness only got her into trouble when she expected him to rise to the bait, instead of doing so he vamped and sank his fangs into her neck, beside the Masters bite. With a scream Buffy’s nails dug into Vick’s head, trying to pry it off of her.

As her hands clung to him, he bit into her flesh harder, drawing more blood. As her vision began to swim Buffy quit struggling, when she felt him relax his grip on her she reached into her jacket pocket, gripping a stake as tight as she could she pulled it out. In her panic she slammed it into the vampires back missing his heart.

With a howl he jumped off of her trying to pull the stake out of his back, as she pulled the second stake concealed in her jacket out and rammed it into his heart. He stared at her in shock before he crumbled to dust, the other stake dusting with him.

“As I said, the name’s Buffy.”

She left the crypt, covered with dust and discarded stakes, the blood dripping down her neck and staining her beloved pink top as she headed to Giles house. She really should warn him about St. Vigeous.

XXX

As Buffy ran upstairs Joyce sighed, running a hand over her face she felt the tears well up behind her tightly shut eyelids. Her baby’s first day awake, first day in this universe and she ruined it for her, over her denial to admit how old she really was.

She hated the thought that Buffy was all grown up and didn’t need her any more. She’d only just gotten her daughter back, how could she not be needed now? With a frustrated cry Joyce through the bottle at the wall. She waited a few minutes to get her motions in check and headed up the stairs to speak to Buffy calmly.

The door was locked and no amount of banging or pleading could get it open, with a resigned sigh Joyce accepted the fact that her daughter had snuck out again. At least during the day time she couldn’t get hurt. Waiting in the living room starring at the door hours went past before Joyce began to worry.

XXX