Author's Chapter Notes:
SPUFFY!! Spike/Dru for some chapters, NO Bangel tho!!
Thank you to Blondiebear, BuffyandSpikeforever, Jenny & Lindsay for the reviews... *mwah*

Banner by Kris

-----



-----

Words: 1,531
Chapter 2
Please Be OK
Back in Sunnydale High, the Hellmouth was opening beneath the group of friends gathered inside the library. A monster with three heads and snake like tentacles emerged from the crevice closest to Willow. One tentacle slithered forward and wrapped itself around the red heads ankle. Pulling her back towards it and the hole. Screaming for someone to help her, her arms flailed as she tried to grab onto something to stop her being eaten alive.

Jenny Calendar looked over at the screaming, hacking at the tentacles that had trapped Willow’s limb she grabbed for the girls hand and yanked her as far from the demon as she could get her. She then began to scream as well, as more tentacles reached forward to grab Willow once more, and this time herself as well.

Cordelia pressed herself against the library doors along with the table from the centre of the room. An arm broke through the glass windows and grabbed for the brunettes face. Biting down on the undead flesh as hard as she could until the arm pulled back with a pain filled cry.

“How do you like it?” She shouted after the limb, before focusing her attention on keeping the demons out.

Giles was rather busy trying to keep them from entering through the stacks. Blockading that entrance for the moment with bookcases, he ran back to his office to overturn the filing cabinets. He lifted them onto his desk with difficulty and positioned them in front of the windows there. Finally having taken care of that, he returned into the main section of the library to see how he could help. Noticing his love interest and what could be considered his friend fighting for their lives with snake like limbs, he grabbed the axe Jenny had dropped and began to hack them free.

XXX

Angel ran, back into the building and onto the roof, following his nose praying he was strong enough to win.

“Come into my world!” The Master screeched, arms raised as he watched the squid-resembling demon with three heads crawl from the gap over the Hellmouth.

“Not your world just yet.” Angel growled at him. He would win; he’d do it for Buffy. She’d be kinda pissed though, not being able to take care of it herself. Beggars couldn’t be choosers he guessed as he raised the stake Buffy had dropped back down in the cavern.

“Couldn’t the slayer make it herself?” Seeing Angel tense up he laughed. “So she is dead then?” Laughing harder, he didn’t notice the brunette dive for him until he hit the roof. “Come to extract vengeance Angelus?” The Master mocked as he kicked his opponent off of him. Standing back up he brushed himself off arrogantly and began to circle Angel.

Angel growled and too got up, circling the Master cautiously, he growled and mock lunged forward again. He grinned as the Master dived back out of reach, only to be kicked from behind as Angel used all his speed to get their first. They fought for what seemed like hours, but were in fact a few moments, all it took for Giles to free Jenny and Willow actually.

Eventually Angel managed to gain the upper hand, trying not to lose control to his demon and lose altogether he grabbed the Master and lifted him into the air. Leaning over the skylight, he was pleased to note the broken table just below them. He threw the Master down hard, sending shards of glass flying through the night and onto the linoleum floor of the library. The Master landed on the table, a sharp piece of wood piercing his heart, as his dust flew from his bones, the demons and vampires seemed to dissolve into nothing also, leaving Cordelia holding a door against no one and Giles hacking at air.

Racing down the stairs, Angel flew into the library to check on everyone else. He was please when they said no one had been seriously hurt. Leaning over the bones of his recently deceased foe Angel stuck his tongue out.

“That was for Buffy.”

Giles frowned and looked around the room. “Where is she pray tell?”

“And Xander?” Willow asked fearfully.

“Sunnydale Memorial Hospital. Buffy was… um, well she died actually.” Everyone gasped, hands flying to their mouths in shock and fear. All praying that he was lying to them.

“Shouldn’t she be in a morgue then?” Cordelia asked tactlessly.

“She’s fine now. She’s just unconscious. Xander drove her there. Um, he sort of borrowed your car Giles.” Angel looked away shamefully. “Sorry, it was an emergency.”

“No, no it’s ok, as long as Buffy is alright.”

“Can we go see her?”

Everyone looked over to Angel who nodded, all leaving together now except Cordelia.

“Are you coming?” Jenny asked looking at her funny.

“Well, the Spring Fling…” She trailed off at everyone’s angry glares.

Angel began to growl at her. “No go ahead. She only died to save the world!”

“Fine, I’ll go!” Exasperated, Cordy threw her arms in the air, and trailed after the others.

XXX

Sitting alone in her house, Joyce began wondering if the dance had gotten going yet. Whether they were dancing yet? If anyone had asked Buffy to dance yet? Complimented her dress maybe? Maybe Buffy would get some pictures taken, one of her friends was sure to have a camera if not one of the faculty chaperoning. However, one thing she did not expect was a distressing phone call from one Xander Harris telling her to go to Sunnydale Memorial Hospital because something happened to Buffy only to hang up before she could ask what.

So here she was, behind the wheel of her car, desperately trying to calm her nerves and not have herself run off the road. Pulling up outside the hospital, Joyce jumped from the car, pressing the button that would lock it she ran inside.

Her eyes glanced over the waiting area, spotting Xander and a female doctor she ran over.

“Is Buffy alright? What happened? Why did you hang up?”

“Ms Summers I presume. Have you seen Buffy’s boyfriend? Is he with you?”

Joyce shot the doctor a perplexed look. “I have no idea what you are talking about. Tell me if my baby is ok!”

‘Please be ok.’ She thought frantically, she couldn’t lose her baby girl.

“I’m Dr Redman. As I was about to tell your daughters friend…”

‘Please be ok.’ Xander prayed to whatever higher powers listened to mere mortals.

“…The less likely that will be.”

“Excuse me?” Both Joyce and Xander asked at once, neither having listened to the conversation.

XXX

All five piled into Jenny’s car and drove to the hospital. Running inside moments after Joyce they all silently prayed that Buffy would be ok.

Giles ran over to a doctor and coughed. “Hello, yes, I’m looking for Buffy, Buffy Summers.”

“Are you family?” The man asked suspiciously.

“Yes. We are.”

“Over there.” He pointed to Dr Redman. “She’ll help you.”

“Jolly good of you.”

All five of them calmly, as could be expected, ran to the doctor. Arriving only to hear the last few words.

“Excuse me?”

“Hello. Joyce! Xander!” Giles exclaimed as Willow rushed to hug her childhood friend.

“What’s happening with Buffy?”

“Are you family?” Dr Redman repeated the other doctor’s question, only to be answered with a forceful ‘yes’. “As I was saying, Miss Summers has lost a lot of blood. She also has a severe case of lung trauma.”

“She drowned.” Angel spoke slowly, “Xander did CPR.”

“Yes, ok, well Miss Summers has lapsed into a coma. She has a good chance of waking up, she is young and healthy but the longer she is asleep, the less likely that will be. I’m sorry. You may go see her now.”

The news was slowly being digested by the surrounding family; nodding to the doctor they walked in the direction she had gone to Buffy’s room. Tears streaked many of their faces, while Angel preferred to be strong and brood. Xander ran straight over to her once the door opened, unable to comprehend the fact that she may never wake up, he sat on the end of her bed mindful of the wires, and picked her hand up. Pressing a small kiss to the back of her hand he started talking to her, asking questions like he expected an answer. When Willow came over and placed a hand on his shoulder comfortingly he turned to her and pulled her into a tight hug.

“I can’t lose another best friend Wills.”

Sniffling softly Cordelia left the room, only to return moments later with a chocolate bar. She approached Xander and handed the bar to him.

“I’m sorry I didn’t want to come earlier.” Taking the offered treat from her Xander just nodded, not wanting to let go of Buffy’s hand he handed it to Willow to open.

“She will wake up right? Giles?” Looking at the man who seemed to know everything, the kids in the group felt all the hopelessness possible in this situation when all Giles did was shrug his shoulders and wipe away the tears in his eyes.

XXX

Read and Review me please.....