Author's Chapter Notes:
Flashy back type scenes and wierd dreams... please don't get confused LOL :D
Thank you to Hannah, Carol, Lindsay, BuffyandSpikeforever, Cordykitten and FaintlyRememberBreathing for the review! :D Luv ya guys...

Banner by Kris

-----



-----

Also thank you Lindsay for making me one of your favourate authors! *hugs and kisses*

-----

Words: 1,568
Chapter 4
I Save You
“147 days… every night I save you… never when it counted of course… but every night after that… every night I save you… every night I save you… every night…”

Spike.

Spike.

Spike.

Her eyelids fluttered as she lay in the bed, still as she had been for 3 and half months, never once moving. Her eyelids fluttered.

XXX

Spike stood outside her hospital room door. Hand raised as if pressed to an invisible barrier, much like on someone’s house. He took a deep unneeded breath and tested his theory. Slowly he allowed his hand to pass into the room. All the while wary of an electric shook, or something of the like curtsey of this so called barrier.

Sunshine wont burn my Spike.

An evil smirk spread across his lips as he moved his feet forward after his hand. Entering the room completely he let out a small chuckle.

“Hey presto, no barrier.” He muttered to the girl in the bed.

He walked closer to her, a small smile flittering across his lips briefly before his mouth evened out again. No grin, no smile, set two straight lines set in determination. He fought his inner William as he changed. Leaning over her, he hissed as his fangs elongated and his ridges formed. Amber eyes gazed over the sleeping blond in the bed. He frowned, as he remembered she wasn’t sleeping, she was in a coma, which meant he wouldn’t get a good fight out of her.

“Might as well kill her. Warriors don’t deserve this kind of life.” He mused to himself. Another grin broke through his stony façade as he noticed her eyelids fluttering.

A hand cautiously reached out to touch her, first pressing softly to her eyes feeling them tremble beneath him. Then moving to her hair, caressing it softly he noted how soft it was, and the colour. The colour of sunshine.

“Dru was right.”

As he mentioned Dru’s name, the slayer frowned. Spike almost clapped in happiness; maybe he would get a fight out of this trip. He continued his explorations, letting his cool fingers gently travel across her lips, sighing as they parted slightly and one finger slipped inside. The only thought in his head now was ‘warm’, how hot she was, and then that thought lead to other thoughts. All he could wonder now was whether she was as hot down there as her mouth was.

Shaking himself out of his lustful thoughts, he wondered how he could get the slayer to wake up. Before he got bored and just ate her. He pulled his finger back out of her mouth and brought it to his own, liking Buffy’s saliva from it he thought for a moment.

“Vanilla.” He whispered.

He tried to think about the slayer, not how she tasted but how to wake her. He thought as hard as possible about that shrink he ate. What had she said…?

“Talking. Talking helps. Hear that, pet? You have to listen to me speak. For as long as I want… and I have forever, so just wake up and fight me.”

His hand shot back out and he pressed it to her cheek. Gently rubbing his palm against her face he told her about him, and why he was in Sunnydale, and about how much he was looking forward to their fight.

XXX

Dr Crowell walked past Miss Summers’ room, expecting to find it empty except Buffy; he nearly fainted when he saw the bleached blond man sitting by her bed. He then remembered about the barrier spell, and was relieve to note that the man couldn’t hurt her. He shoved the door open, trying not to startle the man and entered.

“You’re not human.”

“No I’m not, sir, but neither are you.” Dr Crowell answered evenly. “Mind telling me why you are here?”

“She’s mine.” Spike told him forcefully. In all honesty Spike had no idea why he said that, when asked, those two words were the first to enter into his head. Crazy as it sounded, it made his demon happy.

“I see, and why would that be?” Dr Crowell raised his hand to interrupt. “Never mind. To kill her right?”

“Yeah, to kill.” Spike nodded his head, still not having turned to face the good doctor. “Why are you here?”

“Best money can buy, human or non.” He told him simply. “You? Protection barrier. She must trust you.”

“So the watchers council finally looking out for their chits?”

“It was the vampire, the boyfriend”

Spike finally turned. His eyes widened, as he finally recognised the lingering scent in the room. “Angelus.”

“He goes by Angel now.” He cautiously approached Buffy and the vampire, reaching out a hand he laid it against her chest, then moved onto her wrist. Afterwards he pulled her hair back and glanced at her neck.

“I haven’t touched her if that’s what you’re checking for.”

“It’s my job. I’m going to leave now, if you’re going to kill her make it a fair fight. I don’t fancy losing my head.”

With a nod, the doctor turned and left Spike alone with the slayer. Blue eyes following the demons every move until he was out of site. He looked back at the blond girl, and sighed.

“Just what I had in mind mate.” He muttered after the man. Even though he knew he could no longer hear him.

XXX

She felt him then, leaning over her, talking to her. And as hard as she tried to talk back the words wouldn’t come. They rose in her throat and then jammed refusing to go any further. It was so frustrating it brought tears to her eyes. It hurt so much she couldn’t breathe. And then she saw him.

Slumped over himself, face bloody and mangled, hands covering as much as possible as he shed tears. She turned to the side of him, and noticed a body. Spike was crying for a dead woman. She moved closer to the corpse reaching out a hand tentatively to touch it only to draw back as if burnt. It was her. Spike was crying over her.

Backing away quickly she tripped over the sobbing form of the soulless vampire. As she hit the floor the wind was knocked out of her. Suddenly his face was before her, blue eyes locked on her hazel ones. A slight smile twitching at his lips.

“You’re not real.” He whispered sadly. As he took her hand in his and helped her up he frowned. “But you feel so real.”

“What happened Spike?”

“Don’t you remember, pet? You died. Saved the world you did. But I broke my promise.” His head turned from her, as tears streamed down his face again. “Wake up now, luv. There’s someone to see you.”

“I’m sorry?” She asked, confused.

“No, I am.” He gave her one last sad smile before pushing her in the direction of the tower. “I love you, kitten.”

His hand clenched around his black t-shirt over where his heart was as he watched her run up the stair case of the tower. A gasp rose from him unbidden as he watched her hesitantly approach the end of the platform. The images so fresh in his mind he had to look away, he couldn’t bear to see her jump twice.

‘Wake up…’

He frowned as he saw her take a few steps back, and stopped. He was tempted to shout at her, tell her to come back down so he could stay with her forever, but he couldn’t. It wasn’t right. She deserved her happiness, with or without him. Sending a small grin up in her direction he was pleased when she smiled back down.

“Till the end of the world.” He promised his love for her.

Her chest rose as she drew in a deep breath and ran forward, using the speed to propel herself off the platform. She dived gracefully to the floor, this time her face wasn’t marred with pain but rather peace and freedom. She directed one loving smile at Spike before she hit the ground and her eyes closed.

XXX

Her eyes opened!

Her eyes flew from one side of the room to the other, the white wash walls turning yellow from age. The smell of disinfectant and death filled her nostrils as she breathed deeply trying to re-oxygenate her lungs, the shock of waking here catching the breath in her throat. Wrinkling her face in distaste she turned her head to the side, hearing a beeping noise and wanting it to stop. She pulled the wires attached to the machine and ripped them from her arm, as soon as the wires were disconnected the beeping subsided.

She smiled happily, it was quite, she could think. She needed to know why she was there, how she got there. And then she noticed the man before her. His bleach blond hair striking against his all black profile, his piercing blue eyes focused intently on her and her alone. A small smile twitched at his lips, just like when they had spoken moments ago.

‘Moments? How long ago was that?’ She found her self thinking as panic over came her. Needing to know why she was in hospital she spoke to him, in what seemed to her, the first time ever.

“Spike?”

“So, she awakens.” Came the part amused, part sarcastic retort.

XXX

------

Please review me... P.S. I'm adding Family Ties, if you love me you'll check it out! :D