Thanks to Cordykitten, Lindsay and BuffyandSpikeForever for the reviews!

Banner by Kris

-----



-----

Part 2
Angelus watched her, lying beneath him in tears, and laughed. The sound was harsh and callous, and brought a sick feeling to Buffys stomach. Her head turned away she tried to calm herself. This didn’t matter, it was just her body; as long as he didn’t get inside her mind she would survive this. She had to survive this- too many people were depending on her!

Obviously a fan of being watched Angelus reached and turned her head back up to look at him. With his other hand he reached down and pulled the drawstrings on her pants.

“Look away and I’ll kill you.”

Buffy swallowed terrified. Angelus laughed again. Wiggling again, not realising the affect it had on him, Buffy tried to flip him off. During her struggle and before she was subdued by Angelus pressing more of his weight on her Buffy caught a glimpse of her stake. If she could only reach it…

But that involved looking away didn’t it? {He’s gonna kill me anyway, might as well try for it.}

Reaching her hand out, she looked away briefly whilst bucking her hips up. Using her movement as a distraction she grabbed the stake as firmly as she could and brought it down towards Angelus.

Seeing her motive, he reached out and grabbed her wrist, twisting her hand in. therefore impaling Buffy herself with the stake- thankfully missing her heart.

With as much strength as she had left, willing it up through the body and into her hands. Pushing his chest hard she managed to knock him off of her, thanking whoever was watching over her that Angelus was shocked the extremeness of her wound.

Standing shakily, she held the strings that kept her trouser up and ran, tying them as she went. Looking back every so often only to see the same thing. Angelus looking at the stake he now held in his hand! Shrugging she ran faster.

XXX

Spike stood around Caldicot cemetery, listening for any activity at all. All he could hear was breathing- heavy, terrified. It kept getting closer and as it did the smell of blood got stronger. Eventually it was so close he could swear it was hers but who could have gotten the upper hand of the slayer with out him hearing?

{Dru?} He thought briefly, she could use her thrall on the slayer, wouldn’t need much fighting if you couldn’t control your own mind, right? Dismissing the thought- he’d be able to sense her and he couldn’t -he carried on walking.

Then he saw her. Beautiful, stunning even like Aphrodite herself, leaving Olympus to step of her shimmering cloud and grace him with her presence. Even covered in blood she was--

{Blood? Oh bloody hell! } Stepping forward slowly he called out to her, flinching when she took a step back.

“Buffy?” He tried again. “Come out pet, I wont hurt you.”

“I bet that’s what you say to all the girls.” He laughed softly; Buffy noted it didn’t sound anywhere as scary as Angelus’. Spike sounded amused even.

“What happened? Can I help?”

“I don’t think anyone can help me now Spike.” His head tilted and he looked at her.

“How so pet?” She moved her hand away from her stomach and Spike swore he felt his heart beat and then stop again. Laughing silently he moved closer to her.

“I- I think I’m dying.” She looked up and ducked her head again quickly at the look the blond vampire was giving her. “Angelus- ” Spike growled, starling Buffy. “He- I tried to stake him. He staked me instead. Funny huh? Since when did he decide he wanted my job? Could have asked nice like, I wouldn’t have minded the vacation.”

Spike’s lips twitched at the corners but he stayed sullen looking. He knew she was trying to make light out of the situation but he couldn’t see the funny. This girl- His girl -was dying because of his bastard Grandsire. {It should have been me.}

“Come ere pet. I’ll make it better.”

“Spike- ” She tried to protest, but cut it short at the pleading look Spike was giving her. Instead she just walked forward and into his embrace.

Hands stroking her back and running up to tangle in her hair, while hers gripped his waist. He fisted on hand in her hair and pulled her head aside. Vamping out he smiled apologetically at her and ducked his head towards her neck.

As his fangs descended on her jugular, all Buffy could think about was her friends and her mom. Also, she had this major urge to kick him away and run, but self-preservation kicked in and decided for her it was better to be made immortal by Spike than to have been staked and bled to death by her former lover. At least this way there was still a chance she could keep him away from her friends.

As his fangs sliced her flesh open and he began to suck the blood out of it, Buffy arched towards him. {Doesn’t hurt as much as I thought it would.} She surmised. When he pulled away from her she let out a breathy moan, it had felt so good with him at her neck. Swiping his tongue over her puckered and bleeding flesh he healed the wounds quickly and, with one arm steadying her, brought the other to his mouth and bit his wrist.

Pushing it against her lips, he groaned when her tongue poked out and licked his wound. Holding her slackening body tighter, he urged her on. She in return latched onto his wound and sucked harder. Pulling away a little while later, he lifted her in his arms and walked back towards the mansion- their new home!

X2X

Please review me...?