Author's Chapter Notes:
Practically no dialogue!
Thanks to Cordykitten, BuffyandSpikeForever, Tasha, Lindsay, Bernardette & Lu82 for the reviews :D Hope you like the update :D cya xxx

Banner by Kris

------



------

Part 3
As Spike walked through the doorway, every minion in the room froze- stunned. Many of them, since Angelus had returned, had lost their admiration and respect for the blond but now it was back, full force, all because he got the girl no one else seemed to be able to kill.

{Must run in the family.} Spike thought, thinking of the Master. “Find her someone to eat.” He ordered, walking quicker to escape the embarrassment of bowing minions. He didn’t want the praise- that was Angelus’ fetish -he wanted control.

Minions scattered, running outside in every direction trying to find their- or who the assumed to be -new mistress food. Realising once they left, they’d sent too many of them out they figured they’d find themselves food as well. They certainly couldn’t go back with nothing.

XXX

Inside the mansion, Spike walked slowly into his bedroom. It smelled, he noticed, of him alone. Which was good, couldn’t have Buffy wake up to Dru-smell. Least Angelus came in useful for something- well, two things. He was, after all, the reason Spike had a childe now.

He hadn’t been worthy of her. Didn’t deserve her, not that Spike was implying he did, but still. Spike had marked her his, since he arrived in town, wanted to kill her, hurt her. Soon that had faded into kill her, with not just bad feelings that accompanied it. Angelus, screws her, throws her away and then decides he wants to kill her. He didn’t deserve her!

But, thankfully Spike had found her. Any later and she could have been dead- Angelus would have won. But it was all he needed, the thought of Angelus getting the girl- again -made him do what he swore to do along time ago. He bagged his third slayer. Sure he planned to do it, but he knew deep down he might not have been able to when the time arose. So far, something had always stopped him.

Her mom on parent’s night, the watcher breaking the spell on Halloween, Dru’s presence at the bomb shelter, the other slayer showing up and- as usual -ruining his plan. Maybe… he wasn’t meant to kill her, but hell it was fun trying!

“That it bloody well was.” He laughed quietly placing Buffy down on the bed. Crawling up to lie down beside her, he laid his head against her neck and purred softly. Willing her to wake up. He’d have to thank Angelus… it would really piss him off!

XXX

Buffy stirred softly in Spike arms. Her head hurt, her neck hurt- well not in the ‘ow’ sense of the word but it was like a tingling, or maybe a stinging feeling -but she felt safe. And that was the weird thing. The last thing she remembered was dying…

And Spike. She remembered him as well. That look, the one he gave her before he killed her. {No, that’s not fair. It wasn’t his fault!} she told herself; annoyed at the way her mind instantly blamed Spike for her death. But god, that look. So hungry, like he was the big bad wolf, and she was grandma {Ew!} and he wanted to eat her up. But, underneath that burning lust, the desire she swore he looked sad.

Why would Spike be sad about killing her? And why was he sorry? He’d smiled at her; she could see the apologies floating around his brain shining through his eyes and smile. But why? What did he care? He had his third slayer!

Her thoughts help upgrade the tingly ouchies to a full on migraine and she sighed. Repressing a groan as she felt Spike lay her on the bed. Then to crawl up beside her and purr against her neck. When his tongue flicked out and traced her bite marks she gave up; opening her eyes she smiled at him.

“Sire.”

X3X

Please review me…