Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Liza for the beta... And for Chapter 5, i forgot to add it sorry!
Thanks to Tasha, BuffyandSpikeForever and Lu82 for the reviews. Very much appreciated x

-------



------- Banner by Kris

Part 6
Lying tangled in her arms Spike was content, he hadn’t felt like this since… ever. He’d never felt like this. She’s been here for mere hours and already he felt alive. It was a glorious feeling, one he wanted to experience over and over again, there was no way he was giving her up. Her fears were completely unfounded; she was just being stupid he was…

He had claimed her. The thought washed over him, at first filling him with dread and panic but soon those emotions were washed away by the waves of happiness he felt when he was in her arms. It didn’t matter what the minions thought, they already assumed she’d take Dru's place as Mistress.

Dru… she was going to be pissed with him. Although thinking on it, he didn’t see why. She left him, she abandoned him for Angelus! Now he found someone that made him as happy as her ‘daddy’ made her, so she’d just have to deal with that! Deciding it was time to introduce her to the minions, he shook her softly.

“Come now, pet, rise and shine.”

“Sweepy, Spike.” She mumbled her voice fuzzy with exhaustion. “I think you wore me out.” He laughed and she looked up at him, gifting him with a dazzling smile.

Hair mussed and curly, sculpted cheekbones, muscled arms, pale-skinned chest; Spike looked every inch the Adonis. Even the small line of hair leading down from his abdomen only served to make him that much more beautiful, than a real man would be to a fictional god.

“Spike,” she sighed contentedly. The sound of his name coming out of her lips in such sweet satisfaction and contentment made him vow that he'd be giving her reasons to sigh like that as often as he could.

“Yea, pet?” He asked his voice deep and breathy.

“I never did tell you what I wanted to.”

Looking over her, her wound closed now the bruise would be gone later that day, her hair looking; well to be honest, like she tried brushing it with a hedgehog. Her face showing signs of light bruising.

{Angelus must have put up a good fight.}

Her skin still held the Californian tan, which would over time fade away to the cold, ivory hue of his own skin. Pity, that, the tan really brought out her eyes. Despite the imperfections that marred her this morning, she was by far the most beautiful creature Spike believed himself to have ever seen. Stunned by her beauty, he failed to mention ‘bar Drusilla’ in his thoughts.

“Tell me now.” He gazed over at her, smiling softly as he placed all his focus on her.

XXX

Picking himself off the floor moments after a dying Buffy had run off, Angelus stood on shaky legs and gripped the bloody stake in his hand. He couldn’t believe it. He’d killed his Buffy. She was dying, probably dead by now, and it was his fault.

Suddenly, Angelus doubled over with laughter. Looking back at the stake he figured he’d keep it as proof. Using He re-buttoned his pants with his free hand; he took off in the direction of the mansion. The death of Drusilla was a distant memory compared to the death of the Slayer.

“Take that, Spike old boy.” He said to himself maliciously, now that Angelus had won their months long game, he was sure of himself.

XXX

Entering the mansion, Angelus was amazed at how organized the minions were. Usually they were bumbling idiots, today they had meals chained and waiting in the ‘human room’, lined up as if expecting someone. Quiet. It was unnerving, a little, but since he assumed the attention was for him, Angelus didn’t mind so much.

“She’s dead. He killed the slayer.”

“I can’t believe it.”

“I knew he could do it.”

The minions whispered amongst themselves, congratulating the hero of the generation. Stepping up to the group Angelus grinned and bowed. Everyone in the room was focused on him, confused as to why one of their Masters was bowing to them.

“You’re all welcome.” He arrogantly announced.

“F- For what, Sire?” Dalton asked hesitantly as he disposed of Owen.

“For killing the slayer, of course.”

Dalton frowned; he could have sworn she was Spikes childe. "Master," Dalton's eyes darted around the room, trying to avoid direct eye contact with Angelus, "You...that is...with all due respect, Master, you did not kill the slayer."

Angelus growled at the smaller, weaker vampire’s insolence, and was on the verge of punishing him brought his fist back to teach the minion proper respect when a door swung open behind him and the entire room full of minions dropped to their knees. He turned to the intruder, expecting to see Spike, but he did not expect who came with Spike.

I killed her, mate.”

XXX

She couldn’t possibly tell him that she has been responsible for Dru’s death. She had driven the stake into the undead body of his Sire, his lover for over 100 years. The only other woman he’d ever truly felt anything for destroyed by her hand. He’d hate her, how could he do anything but? She destroyed the face of his salvation, his unholy mother. If he hated her there would be no point, she was a slayer they weren’t meant to be vampires, and she stayed only for him. No more Spike? That meant no more gentle kisses, no more whispered secrets as he drove her wild beneath him, no more tender caresses when ever she was hurt. No more… oh, and the smiles, such sweet smiles, if you hadn’t known any better and were lucky enough for him to bestow a smile on you… you’d feel alive, truly alive, he seemed so innocent, such a little boy with his charm and eyes that twinkle, and she, the cause for his sadness. If she thought about it, she could almost imagine, his eyes would lose their twinkle, no more intimate smiles as they kissed, no more kisses… no more Spike!

“It doesn’t matter.” She said softly.

Spike frowned at her. He didn't want to command her to tell him as her Sire. He wanted her to trust him, to confide in him on her own, and not because he bade her to do it. But he also knew she had to tell him something very important. Important enough to beat sex was worth commanding out of her.

“Tell me.” He did it, he made it a command, and Buffy knew it, she glared at him as she fought to silence the demon inside her. The demon screamed at her to do her Sire’s will as Buffy tried to disobey.

“She’s dead... Dru…” Her voice cracked at the end, unable to hold it in any longer, she burst into tears. She clung to his arm she sobbed uncontrollably. “I’m sorry, so sorry, Spike. I’m sorry. It was an accident. I’m sorry.”

“Pet.” He crooned softly. “Luv, hey there. She is a vampire, you know. Being dead comes with the package.” He laughed softly, but stopped when she kept crying. He stroked her slim back as it quaked with the force of her sobs, though he wasn't sure why she was so hysterical. “Hey now, no need for tears princess.”

She kept crying because she now knew first hand, the bond between Sire and Childe. She cried because she killed his Sire. She cried because she was sorry, but he’d never know just know much. She cried for the heartbreak she would undoubtedly cause him. And she cried because he had no clue. He was going to force her to break his heart.

“I’m so sorry, Spike... I was only…” Spike traced her face gently, the tips of his fingers brushing away any stray tears he happened upon.

“Come on, they’re waiting for us, kitten.” He grinned at the thought of Angelus returning soon, the sadistic bastard had this coming.

{Oh, Go, why won’t he listen?}

Opening the door and walking down the hall, Spike frowned. He could feel Angelus, he felt happy. That demon had almost killed his Childe, the slayer Spike marked as his; Angelus had no right to keep showing up in Spike’s home like he owned it. Buffy was furiously wiping away the tears and the stains they left on her skin, determined Angelus wouldn’t see her cry, he’d probably think it was his fault. She rubbed her tear soaked hand across her pant leg, pouting when it made a small wet patch.

“Conceited, arrogant bastard.” She mumbled to herself thinking on the brunette vampire in the other room, biting her lip when Spike chuckled. “Sorry.”

“Don’t be pet it’s true. Listen”

“For killing the slayer, of course.” Angelus’ voice echoed through the door. Spike felt an immediate flair of anger in his chest at the sound of the voice of the man who'd stolen his Dru from him. Buffy felt Spike's body stiffen with tension. Muscles in his jaw clenched, and his eyes were a hard, icy blue. She placed a hand on his arm, trying to calm him. His expression softened immediately, and when he glanced over at her it was a loving, heated gaze. He winked at her as a sly grin spread on his lips. Pushing open the door he walked through, proudly showing Buffy off as she held onto his arm. The room bowed before him but Angelus, who turned mouth hanging open.

{He’d make quite the fish.} Spike thought snidely.

I killed her, mate.”

X6X

-------

Please review me.. It takes one minute or less. It takes days to write chapters then more days to beta them... Please?