Author's Chapter Notes:
FLASHBACK WARNING!!
Thanks to Lindsay, Lu82 & ~*~TAsha~*~ for the reviews.. Hope you werent waiting too long LOL :D Have a question to ask you all but i'll save it till the end so as not to distract from the ficiton...

-------



------- Banner by Kris!

Part 7
“You!” Angelus bellowed, his voice echoing through out the grand hall. “I killed you, this-- you aren’t here, you’re dead.” He rambled on his face a mask of confusion and utter horror. Spike watched him amused secretly but not showing it, the only emotion readable from the blond vampire was pride.

“Well she is here, she is dead and she’s mine!” His voice became instantly more hostile at the thought that Angelus would still view her as his. He pulled her body against his, and with his free hand brought her hands to his lips. He pressed a soft kiss on the back of hand, but didn't release it.

“Hello lover.” The ex-slayer ventured, her face lit up in delight as he stuttered and began to back away from her. “I really should thank you I guess, after all, if not for you I wouldn’t be standing here.”

“Thanks peaches.” Spike offered mockingly, his lip curved up as he sneered at the cowering elder before him, although he felt the same way Buffy did. His pride wouldn’t allow him to bow low enough to thank the son of a bitch in front of him. “On you knees, you poof. Bow to your Mistress.” Having a slayer as a Childe elevated Spike's status far above Angelus', who's status had already dropped at his failed attempt to kill the slayer. Spike loved the thought of having Angelus grovelling in the dirt as his feet.

{Right where he belongs.} He thought with smile.

“Dru, what about Dru?” Angelus asked, trying to find an excuse. Hoping Spike didn’t know she was dead.

"She's all yours," he replied with indifference. All that mattered to Spike now was his new Childe.

Realizing that approach wouldn’t work, he sought to anger Spike towards the blond girl in his embrace. His mind ticked as he thought of ways for Spike to want rid of her, and then she’d have no choice but to belong to Angelus. He smirked, fuelled with the knowledge that Spike didn’t know Buffy killed Dru he leaned forward and told Spike spitefully;

“She’s dust, boy.” Expecting shouts, curses, bloodshed, and the usual fireworks when Spike was angry or didn’t get his way he was absolutely speechless when his only reply was calm.

“I know.”

Beginning to get irritated at Spike’s refusal to understand Angelus’ obvious hints to the death of his paramour, he thought a little while longer. As Buffy turned her head away in shame, a malicious grin bloomed over his face and he took great pleasure in playing with Buffy.

“Did you tell him our little secret, lover?”

As she once again looked away from him, his lips curled evilly as he informing the blond Master of the truth.

“Buffy killed her, Will.”

XXX

**“Tell me now then.”

“Spike…” He raised his eyebrow at her and pouted. Sighing Buffy couldn’t refuse him, it should have scared her how much she was used to him, and how he could win her over with a look, the feelings his touch stirred within her. He had promised he wouldn’t let her go, he said so. Maybe it was time to tell him, she had to trust him. He’d understand she was only doing her job, protecting herself. “Drusilla, she’s dead.”

Spike lowered his eyes, his face took on a steely look, and hesitantly she reached out for him. He growled and pulled away from her. Masking her hurt she moved further from him and whispered she was sorry. Hearing her voice, her hurt barely concealed, he looked up.

His eyes widened comically as he realized why she had moved so far from him. “Buffy, pet, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. So sorry, baby.” Holdings his arms out to her he felt as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders as she ran to him. His arms holding her firmly against him he smiled into her hair.

“Sorry, pet, she was my Sire, you know. My love for over 100 years and now she’s dust. It was a shock, I never meant to hurt you or scare you. I lo- want you with me so much, but she was my everything for so long. It just seems natural to mourn her. To keep away from every one else… not to forget her. Do you understand, pet?”

“Yeah, I kind of do. I’m sorry.”

“For what, luv?” He smiled at her. “Not like you did it.” She knew he was joking, that the thought never crossed his mind but she couldn’t help feeling like she’d betrayed him in some way. Looking away from him as a stab of guilt rushed through her veins; she rubbed her arms and shook her head.

“Just feel bad for you, is all.”

He ran his hand through her hair, marvelling at its beauty. It resembled spun gold, the colour could rival any sunrise and he felt inexplicably happy that he was the one who’d brought her into her new life, that he would be the one to care for her, to love her and be loved in return. He knew he didn’t love her just yet, but he could with very little effort, he felt he could. Give it a few weeks, maybe days, and she’d be the sun to his earth. He’d revolve around her, every wish and whim, every dream would be his to grant, every fear and sadness his to fight away. She would be his golden goddess and he would be her god. Her Adonis to his Aphrodite.

Tucking her hair behind her ear, he moved closer to her to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. Noticing the lingering bruise that hadn’t healed from his blood, he fought to suppress the urge to growl. To go out and slaughter who ever dared touch this perfection and mar her.

“Who did that?” His thumb moved over the discoloured skin with care, not sure if it was sore still or not. Her hand rose to clasp his own, pushing it down on her bruise she grinned at him.

“I’m not made of glass Spike, you won’t hurt me.”

He offered her a brief smile, his thumb still continuing his exploration of her injuries. Noting with disdain that the bruise travelled further back into her hairline and down to her ear. He couldn’t understand how he hadn’t noticed this before. As if reading his thoughts she replied, keeping her tone light.

“You were rather engrossed in the good to note the bad, Sire.”

Laughing softly Spike ducked his head to press a chaste kiss to her lips. Pulling back before it could be anything but chaste she finally answered him.

“Angelus. He threw me into the wall of a mausoleum.”

A growl sprung from his throat, his hands dropped to her arms and held her firmly afraid to let her go.

“To be fair, we were fighting to the death.”

“And he killed you.” The pure furry on her Sires face brought a rush of pain into her undead heart. The way his lips pressed firmly together and lost all its colour at the pressure applied to each other. His cheeks sucked in as he fought to control himself, fists clenched and unclenched at his side.

“Yes and you saved me.” She smiled at him, her appreciation evident, shining at him through her eyes. His ego swelled within him, and it wasn't the only thing that was starting to swell. Spike's eyes smouldered, and a wicked grin spread on his lips. Buffy squirmed to get closer to him, relieved that he wasn't too grief stricken to feel the same lust she did. Knowing that a conversation wouldn't be possible for much longer - unless it included four letter words Buffy decided to tell him now and leave other activities as make up sex, for there was sure to be a fallout. “Honestly I’m glad he won.”

Spike blinked at her, not quite sure what to say, not believing he heard her correctly. “You cannot say you are not. If I had won, you would be here alone, I would be at home, and Angelus would be blowing in the wind with…” Trailing off, she bit her bottom lip unsure whether she had crossed some unspoken line.

“You can say her name.”

“With Dru.” He laughed at that. He had allowed her to say it with the confidence that it would not bother him, safe to say he was a lot more confident than he should have been.

“Even in death she is with her precious ‘daddy’.”

“They are not dead. Angelus will soon be here and Dru will always be here.” She pressed her hand over his unbeating heart and smiled. “Whether I like it or not. I’m sure I would not like you so much if she wasn’t with you.”

“Thank you, luv. That means so much to me.”

Not acknowledging his words she continued. “She did love you, you know. In her own way.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“How could she not have? How could anyone not?” Spike was tempted to laugh and mention Cecily, he would have had the look on her face been anything but sheer honesty and compassion. Seeing he wasn’t going to reply Buffy ploughed on. “She did love Angelus too I’ll admit, and so did I.”

Frowning at her he finally interrupted. “See, this,” He waved his arm at her. “This isn’t helping.”

Laughing softly she kept on. “So did I, I loved Angel albeit, but in some ways they are still the same. And yet, Spike, I am here with you. And Dru was with you for over 100 years, as you said. And if it helps, I have no intention of going back to him, or anywhere that is not with you. Therefore I conclude, she loved you”

“Does that mean you love me too? Considering you compared you with Dru?”

“I- uh- well, um, I- you see… well, no.” Seeing his smile fade Buffy ran a hand over her face. “Yes. No, maybe. I’m not sure!” She ended with a frustrated growl. “I could, I could love you very much, more than anything. But right now, no, I don’t think I do. It's all too new to me; I can't separate my feelings for you and my feelings for my Sire. And plus, it wouldn’t be fair, you’ve just lost Dru and I couldn’t… it wouldn’t be right!”

“You think, if it was the other way round Dru would wait?”

“Um, no I don’t think so. But it, I think, it feels right, that I’m sure before I tell you. I don’t want to hurt you Spike, or myself.”

He grabbed her waist and lifted her in the air; twirling them in a circle he captured her lips in a breath-taking kiss. Finally standing her back on the floor he rested his forehead against hers. “Thank you. That means more to me than… well no one's ever… thank you.”

Laughing at his lack of words she couldn’t help but tease him. “Some poet you are.” Taking the sting out of the harsh words she smiled at him.

“The bloody awfulest, kitten.” He replied good naturedly, taking the opportunity to laugh with her. “You gunna tell me about your fight with Angelus and how he bested the great slayer?”

“You sure?” He nodded at her. Taking his hand she led him to the bed, smacking his chest as his eyebrow wiggled suggestively. Pushing him to sit, she placed herself next to him, legs drawn up under her. “It was after Dru was dusted, he attacked me, I didn’t even notice him there. We fought and he, he,” Squeezing her eyes shut she stemmed the flow of tears that was just waiting to be free. “He pinned me to the ground and started talking at me. About how I’d love it and he’d make it good. He tried to rape me, and I tried to push him off and I couldn’t and so I looked away, tired to pretend I was somewhere else that it wasn’t happening to me and he got angry. He said if I looked away he’d kill me.

“Guess he likes the attention, huh? Anyway, I dropped my stake and it was right by us, so I grabbed it and he must have seen my hand move because the next thing I knew, his hand was around my wrist and my stake was sticking out my stomach and not his chest.

“Must have been such a surprise. He just sat there holding the stake in his hand, watching the blood drip of and onto him. He didn’t even notice me move. I got up and ran as fast as I could. And then I saw you and I wasn’t scared anymore. And you saved me and now I’m here. It doesn’t seem fair, you lost your lover but I didn’t lose mine.”

“Course you did, pet, and you’re left with a cunt wearing his face. At least I don’t have to keep seeing her all around me this way.”

“All I want to see is you. Spike. Again, I’m sorry.”

“And again, for what?” Opening her mouth to answer, she looked up at him. Her eyes locked with his and she could have staked herself right then. The open trust he had in her, the budding love between them was enough for her to forget the notion of coming clean. If she had just not looked at him, he’d know the truth and she’d know if he would and could forgive her anything.

“Nothing.” Looking away from his, ashamed of her weakness and cowardliness she insisted it didn’t matter. “They’re waiting for us.”

“Let them not wait any longer then.”
**

XXX

“Buffy killed her, Will.” At first his mind rebelled, wanted to scream at Angelus and call him a liar. But Angelus called him by his name. Angelus had only ever done that when it was important, when he was looking out for him before he first received his soul and it prompted him to doubt Buffy.

“Well?” His voice cold.

“I’m so sorry.” Tears she couldn't deny couldn't blink away streamed down her face.

{Please, please forgive me.}

Spike faced her, and his hand reached out and closed around her arm, drawing her into his embrace, or so she thought, but her relief was short lived, as his grip became painfully, cruelly tight.

“I thought I couldn’t hurt you slayer?” He sneered at her.

Fear choked her. Fear turned the blood into ice in her veins. He wasn’t going to forgive her, he hated her now, and not that she blamed him. He was going to reject her in front of half the minions; it was the crowd that bothered her not really. This was the moment she had feared since she had woken in Spikes arms merely a day ago. He was going to leave her, send her as far from him as he wanted. Maybe she’d be lucky and he’d just kill her. She couldn’t stand to be so far from him. He stared at her, his eyes cold, looking like a predator that just wants to rip her throat out. He raised his other hand and slapped her hard across the side of her face sending her spiralling backwards as he let go of her arm simultaneously.

“You lying BITCH!” He thundered as he advanced on the sobbing Buffy lying trembling against the wall.

X7X

------

Please review me.

LOL at FF.Net i updated this chapter but missing the scene after the italics for some reason LOL... i feel liek a right prat now!

QUESTION: I have another fiction called Midnight that i just started and was wondering if anyone would be interested? Also, i might post something else... There's a poll, and Midnight is winning so it'll probs be that one.

Details and Poll --> http://www.livejournal.com/users/k155_me/193907.html